ShiraNoMai Offline
Your Typical 9-to-5 Office Yoshi
Moderators
Currently Playing
Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 3,152
Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Doom (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 

Developer: Respawn Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
Release Date: November 15th, 2019

A new third-person action-adventure Star Wars™ title from the makers of Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment.

Feel the Force
Hone lightsaber combat forms to refine striking, blocking, and dodging your enemies. Use your Jedi weapon and the Force to take on any challenge.

A New Star Wars Story
As one of the last Jedi, you must do whatever it takes to survive. Complete your training before the Inquisitors discover your plan to rebuild the Jedi Order.

The Galaxy Awaits
Explore ancient forests, windswept cliffs, and haunted jungles as you decide when and where you want to go next.

Hands-on Demo at EA Play

See this extended first-look at what the developers' claim to be a small segment of the game!
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch

Developer: Respawn Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
Release Date: November 15th, 2019

A new third-person action-adventure Star Wars™ title from the makers of Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment.

Feel the Force
Hone lightsaber combat forms to refine striking, blocking, and dodging your enemies. Use your Jedi weapon and the Force to take on any challenge.

A New Star Wars Story
As one of the last Jedi, you must do whatever it takes to survive. Complete your training before the Inquisitors discover your plan to rebuild the Jedi Order.

The Galaxy Awaits
Explore ancient forests, windswept cliffs, and haunted jungles as you decide when and where you want to go next.

Hands-on Demo at EA Play

See this extended first-look at what the developers' claim to be a small segment of the game!
Christmas Queen Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Sword [PC] Tales of Berseria
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
XP: 5,997
Horizon Zero Dawn Pokémon LittleBigPlanet 
Alot of youtube gamers are comparing this to Uncharted, just with a lightsaber & force powers. xD
[Image: xmas-p10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
Christmas Queen Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Sword [PC] Tales of Berseria
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
XP: 5,997
Alot of youtube gamers are comparing this to Uncharted, just with a lightsaber & force powers. xD
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 6,269
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(Jun 10th, 2019, 02:27 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
After starting this last night, I agree that it feels very inspired by Uncharted in regards to its traversal and set pieces. I'd also say it has similarities to FromSoftware games too, such as the resting at "campfires" to restore your health and consumables while also respawning enemies, and combat involving dodges and parries. I was not expecting the game to be as open as it is either; I thought it was just going to be this linear action-adventure game.

I've only done the opening and Bogano so far, and despite it having a lot of similarities to other games I've played I'm still really enjoying it. BD-1 is my favourite character and I can see it staying that way, and if anything happens to it I'd use dark force powers to exact my revenge if I had to. Whistle
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Jun 10th, 2019, 02:27 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
After starting this last night, I agree that it feels very inspired by Uncharted in regards to its traversal and set pieces. I'd also say it has similarities to FromSoftware games too, such as the resting at "campfires" to restore your health and consumables while also respawning enemies, and combat involving dodges and parries. I was not expecting the game to be as open as it is either; I thought it was just going to be this linear action-adventure game.

I've only done the opening and Bogano so far, and despite it having a lot of similarities to other games I've played I'm still really enjoying it. BD-1 is my favourite character and I can see it staying that way, and if anything happens to it I'd use dark force powers to exact my revenge if I had to. Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Doom (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 
Yeah I actually thought the combat would be more Nemesis-style (i.e. Batman Arkham series, Mordor, Spiderman, etc). It's interesting how they make the combat work within all the realms of the Star Wars lore.

It's looking pretty good so far. Wondering if it performs better on other higher-powered platforms. We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Yeah I actually thought the combat would be more Nemesis-style (i.e. Batman Arkham series, Mordor, Spiderman, etc). It's interesting how they make the combat work within all the realms of the Star Wars lore.

It's looking pretty good so far. Wondering if it performs better on other higher-powered platforms. We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Aug 18th, 2020, 01:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
That crash was so weird. The game didn't actually crash, but the sound cut out and an error screen appeared as if the game had crashed, but instead it seems just the audio died for a moment. The worst thing for me performance wise though is the loading. Dying really only resets your character and respawns enemies, yet for some reason can take a long time to load even if you died right by the respawn point. Also, using any of the PS4 UI overlayed on the game by holding the PS button is so slow that I can never tell if my inputs are being registered or not.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Aug 18th, 2020, 01:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
We're running this on a base PS4 and it's been having a lot of pop-ins and environmental loading issues. It also semi-crashed at some point.
That crash was so weird. The game didn't actually crash, but the sound cut out and an error screen appeared as if the game had crashed, but instead it seems just the audio died for a moment. The worst thing for me performance wise though is the loading. Dying really only resets your character and respawns enemies, yet for some reason can take a long time to load even if you died right by the respawn point. Also, using any of the PS4 UI overlayed on the game by holding the PS button is so slow that I can never tell if my inputs are being registered or not.
WrestleRacer91 Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo 64
XP: 1,800
So I'm not a STAR WARS fan at all. I mean, I've watched a few of the movies here and there. I've even played a few of the games on 360. But this game looked intriguing when it first came out and it's been on my to buy list for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger.

My question (for anyone who would like to answer) is the game any good for someone who's not a big fan of the series? Meaning can I have fun playing something like this with just the games story alone and not being a SW fan?
WrestleRacer91 Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo 64
XP: 1,800
So I'm not a STAR WARS fan at all. I mean, I've watched a few of the movies here and there. I've even played a few of the games on 360. But this game looked intriguing when it first came out and it's been on my to buy list for awhile but haven't pulled the trigger.

My question (for anyone who would like to answer) is the game any good for someone who's not a big fan of the series? Meaning can I have fun playing something like this with just the games story alone and not being a SW fan?
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Oct 1st, 2020, 08:00 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I'm not a huge SW fan and yeah, I enjoyed this a lot. It makes rare references to content outside of itself, and the ones it does make are staples anyone would know like Yoda and Vader.

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Oct 1st, 2020, 08:00 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I'm not a huge SW fan and yeah, I enjoyed this a lot. It makes rare references to content outside of itself, and the ones it does make are staples anyone would know like Yoda and Vader.