Tales of Arise
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Developer: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
Release Date: 2020
The latest in the Tales of series has been officially announced at Microsoft's E3 2019 Press Conference. While leaked in the past few days leading up to this reveal, the full trailer was debuted here and features your typical action RPG elements key to recent Tales of Games.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

Developer: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Platforms: Xbox One, PS4, PC
Release Date: 2020
The latest in the Tales of series has been officially announced at Microsoft's E3 2019 Press Conference. While leaked in the past few days leading up to this reveal, the full trailer was debuted here and features your typical action RPG elements key to recent Tales of Games.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I figured it'd release to the superior platform the PS4, besides the Xbone. I really like what I've seen so far.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I figured it'd release to the superior platform the PS4, besides the Xbone. I really like what I've seen so far.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
This wasn't much of a surprise for me since news of the game leaked Friday or Saturday. Either way, pretty interesting. I'm not going to get too hyped for it since we've only had one really good Tales game out of the last five, but I'm hoping that it follows Berseria's footsteps in going in the right direction for the series.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
This wasn't much of a surprise for me since news of the game leaked Friday or Saturday. Either way, pretty interesting. I'm not going to get too hyped for it since we've only had one really good Tales game out of the last five, but I'm hoping that it follows Berseria's footsteps in going in the right direction for the series.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The initial announcement didn't state it, but the game will have both English and Japanese voice overs and is being helmed by Yusuke Tomizawa who worked on the God Eater series:

Bandai Namco Wrote:
The Tales Of series is a foundational series within BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment and Tales of Arise marks an exciting new beginning for the franchise with Yusuke Tomizawa taking the helm in leading the Tales Of development team.

Tales Of games have always delivered wonderous worlds for players to explore, dynamic characters for players to meet, and challenging battles for players to fight. Tales of Arise promises to take these tenants to new heights and we look forward to players enjoying this new adventure.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The initial announcement didn't state it, but the game will have both English and Japanese voice overs and is being helmed by Yusuke Tomizawa who worked on the God Eater series:

Bandai Namco Wrote:
The Tales Of series is a foundational series within BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment and Tales of Arise marks an exciting new beginning for the franchise with Yusuke Tomizawa taking the helm in leading the Tales Of development team.

Tales Of games have always delivered wonderous worlds for players to explore, dynamic characters for players to meet, and challenging battles for players to fight. Tales of Arise promises to take these tenants to new heights and we look forward to players enjoying this new adventure.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
That's good, that way if the english voice actors aren't so great one could switch over to the japanese voice actors.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
That's good, that way if the english voice actors aren't so great one could switch over to the japanese voice actors.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm glad it's a choice just because I think every game that has Japanese and English voice overs should offer both options even if both are as good as each other.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm glad it's a choice just because I think every game that has Japanese and English voice overs should offer both options even if both are as good as each other.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Japanese voices isn't anything big. Every Tales game has had JP audio since... I want to say Graces f or the first Xillia. Also you can definitely tell the art style of Arise is inspired by the God Eater games (just look at God Eater 3 and then the screenshots for Arise).

Then again, Bamco seems to be making that their normal art style for these games. God Eater, Code Vein and now ToA all use the same style.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Japanese voices isn't anything big. Every Tales game has had JP audio since... I want to say Graces f or the first Xillia. Also you can definitely tell the art style of Arise is inspired by the God Eater games (just look at God Eater 3 and then the screenshots for Arise).

Then again, Bamco seems to be making that their normal art style for these games. God Eater, Code Vein and now ToA all use the same style.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I just realized I have to post this; Tales of "Arise, chicken arise". Ok, I'm happy now. :p

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I just realized I have to post this; Tales of "Arise, chicken arise". Ok, I'm happy now. :p

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I did not know we had a thread for this game, and I was going to put this somewhere else but there's no need to now. So for those interested, Tales of Arise will have a demo available on all platforms except for PC on August 18. I'm wondering whether to try the demo just to see what a Tales game is like to play. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I did not know we had a thread for this game, and I was going to put this somewhere else but there's no need to now. So for those interested, Tales of Arise will have a demo available on all platforms except for PC on August 18. I'm wondering whether to try the demo just to see what a Tales game is like to play. Hmm
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I'm skipping on the demo. I bought it on PC but obv have my ps4 to play the demo if I wanted but honestly, I've been avoiding gameplay videos. yeah I've seen the OP and had it on repeat for like a week but I want to go in fresh and blind. I'm genuinely hyped af for this game
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I'm skipping on the demo. I bought it on PC but obv have my ps4 to play the demo if I wanted but honestly, I've been avoiding gameplay videos. yeah I've seen the OP and had it on repeat for like a week but I want to go in fresh and blind. I'm genuinely hyped af for this game
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll probably try out the demo. I want to see if the combat is any good or not so I know how high of priority the game will be for me. With how bad the characters look, I'm not fully convinced this is going to be the amazing Tales experience I was hoping it'd be, so I need the combat to sell me on it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll probably try out the demo. I want to see if the combat is any good or not so I know how high of priority the game will be for me. With how bad the characters look, I'm not fully convinced this is going to be the amazing Tales experience I was hoping it'd be, so I need the combat to sell me on it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 14th, 2021, 11:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Looking at a quick overview of the reviews coming out today, it seems the combat is very good for this game. The story seems to range from good to hit or miss though, but from a gameplay perspective it seems any negatives for it are in the minority. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 14th, 2021, 11:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Looking at a quick overview of the reviews coming out today, it seems the combat is very good for this game. The story seems to range from good to hit or miss though, but from a gameplay perspective it seems any negatives for it are in the minority. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tales of Vesperia (Definitive Edition) Dragon Lord 15 17,122 Oct 28th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Last Post: queenzelda