Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I would've if I had PS+ already/for the month but this isn't enough for me to pay out *checks*....£7 for a month, I dunno. Don't think I'm interested enough even if it's trying it out for the month. I'll decide on Monday I guess.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I would've if I had PS+ already/for the month but this isn't enough for me to pay out *checks*....£7 for a month, I dunno. Don't think I'm interested enough even if it's trying it out for the month. I'll decide on Monday I guess.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oh yeah I forgot you have to keep the subscription active to keep playing it. Better to probably just wait and grab it stupid cheap whenever Part 2 finally happens. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oh yeah I forgot you have to keep the subscription active to keep playing it. Better to probably just wait and grab it stupid cheap whenever Part 2 finally happens. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I started this game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm currently four chapters away from the end. I hadn't really had any complaints about the game until yesterday, which are the following:
  • The two boss fights in the train yard are outright miserable. One takes place in a small room with stuff everywhere that plays havoc with the camera, so I constantly found myself getting caught on things or being unable to see certain attacks the boss was doing that were ranged because the camera would get caught or zoom in close to me. However, it has nothing on the chariot boss that comes at the end of the train yard: that is possibly the most miserable boss fight I have ever endured in any video game, and it mostly comes down to bad design. The game can tell you that it has a weakness to ice and aerial attacks, but the problem is the boss never stays still in the second half and ice requires an enemy to remain still for it to hit, so using that becomes impossible, and the same problem applies to aerial attacks because the boss moves too fast for the characters to land a hit. I spent most of the fight just standing around watching it run in circles around the edge of the arena unable to attack it because I couldn't land any hits. When it did stay still, then it would instead do some form of a laser style attack that I'll be damned if I could figure out how to dodge, and blocking didn't work, so when I could attack it I was instead being smacked upside the head by those attacks. Oh, and they inflict silence and stun, so then you can't do anything anyway after the attack.
  • The worst sin this game commits though is what I like to label as "fortune telling". By that, I mean when the game punishes you for not having the correct loadout going into a battle, but there's zero way to know what you need up front. The number of battles I went into yesterday with certain spells or materia equipped, only to find "Oh sorry you needed this one instead" was infuriatingly high, and frankly fuck any game that does this. It punishes you for something you can't help, because for example, the train yard had enemies weak to fire, and suddenly here's a boss weak to ice. How the fuck is a player supposed to prepare for that? The Colosseum part is really bad for this because you do fights that are all wildly different, so you will never know what you need until you start the fight, and at that point you can't change any of your equipment. It's by far the worst thing about the entire game, especially if Cloud is using an elemental materia on his sword which the enemy is resistant to.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I started this game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm currently four chapters away from the end. I hadn't really had any complaints about the game until yesterday, which are the following:
  • The two boss fights in the train yard are outright miserable. One takes place in a small room with stuff everywhere that plays havoc with the camera, so I constantly found myself getting caught on things or being unable to see certain attacks the boss was doing that were ranged because the camera would get caught or zoom in close to me. However, it has nothing on the chariot boss that comes at the end of the train yard: that is possibly the most miserable boss fight I have ever endured in any video game, and it mostly comes down to bad design. The game can tell you that it has a weakness to ice and aerial attacks, but the problem is the boss never stays still in the second half and ice requires an enemy to remain still for it to hit, so using that becomes impossible, and the same problem applies to aerial attacks because the boss moves too fast for the characters to land a hit. I spent most of the fight just standing around watching it run in circles around the edge of the arena unable to attack it because I couldn't land any hits. When it did stay still, then it would instead do some form of a laser style attack that I'll be damned if I could figure out how to dodge, and blocking didn't work, so when I could attack it I was instead being smacked upside the head by those attacks. Oh, and they inflict silence and stun, so then you can't do anything anyway after the attack.
  • The worst sin this game commits though is what I like to label as "fortune telling". By that, I mean when the game punishes you for not having the correct loadout going into a battle, but there's zero way to know what you need up front. The number of battles I went into yesterday with certain spells or materia equipped, only to find "Oh sorry you needed this one instead" was infuriatingly high, and frankly fuck any game that does this. It punishes you for something you can't help, because for example, the train yard had enemies weak to fire, and suddenly here's a boss weak to ice. How the fuck is a player supposed to prepare for that? The Colosseum part is really bad for this because you do fights that are all wildly different, so you will never know what you need until you start the fight, and at that point you can't change any of your equipment. It's by far the worst thing about the entire game, especially if Cloud is using an elemental materia on his sword which the enemy is resistant to.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, SqueEnix did an oopsie a little while ago. So, FF7R has been ported to PC as an Epic exclusive, and they jacked the price up to 70 dollars. It's also been plagued with performance issues. Impressively, this was not the oopsie, because someone found out today that the build available on PC is a DEVELOPMENT BUILD, not the full retail version, hence the performance issues! Like...how do you fail THAT hard?!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, SqueEnix did an oopsie a little while ago. So, FF7R has been ported to PC as an Epic exclusive, and they jacked the price up to 70 dollars. It's also been plagued with performance issues. Impressively, this was not the oopsie, because someone found out today that the build available on PC is a DEVELOPMENT BUILD, not the full retail version, hence the performance issues! Like...how do you fail THAT hard?!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if the retail version for PC does exist and the wrong one just got pushed onto the EGS. I doubt that the PC version was actually incomplete and a higher up thought it would be fine to just push out the build that was being used for active development... actually now that the thought of a higher up has entered the chat maybe that isn't too farfetched a scenario. Sweat

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if the retail version for PC does exist and the wrong one just got pushed onto the EGS. I doubt that the PC version was actually incomplete and a higher up thought it would be fine to just push out the build that was being used for active development... actually now that the thought of a higher up has entered the chat maybe that isn't too farfetched a scenario. Sweat
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
I just finished playing it along with the Yuffie dlc, and I have to say that the Yuffie dlc was hilarious. Her singing the battle victory made me laugh so hard! (I almost fell over.)

The director Tetsuya Nomura has revealed that Square Enix has news to share in regards to the Final Fantasy VII franchise next month. source

I'm really looking forwards to seeing more info about the next part of the game since I've really been enjoying it on pc, since my ps4 over heated. ;-;
[Image: chloe-13.png]
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
I just finished playing it along with the Yuffie dlc, and I have to say that the Yuffie dlc was hilarious. Her singing the battle victory made me laugh so hard! (I almost fell over.)

The director Tetsuya Nomura has revealed that Square Enix has news to share in regards to the Final Fantasy VII franchise next month. source

I'm really looking forwards to seeing more info about the next part of the game since I've really been enjoying it on pc, since my ps4 over heated. ;-;
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Chloe: I merged your post into the existing FF7R thread since we already have one. Smile

I still need to finish Part 1, but I am curious to see what gets shown next month. It'll probably happen during E3 week and I'd be surprised if it's anything less than a trailer for Part 2. I wonder if SE are going to announce Part 1 coming to other platforms at all yet or if the exclusivity to PlayStation consoles will continue? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Chloe: I merged your post into the existing FF7R thread since we already have one. Smile

I still need to finish Part 1, but I am curious to see what gets shown next month. It'll probably happen during E3 week and I'd be surprised if it's anything less than a trailer for Part 2. I wonder if SE are going to announce Part 1 coming to other platforms at all yet or if the exclusivity to PlayStation consoles will continue? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Announced
At the end of today's Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary celebration, Square Enix gave us our first look at the next part of Final Fantasy VII Remake, titled Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

The game is due for a Winter 2023 release, with PS5 announced as the only platform. Additionally, it was confirmed that the remake will be composed of three parts, although the name of the final part has not been revealed yet. For PC players who have yet to play the first part of the remake and don't want to use the Epic Game Store, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be available on Steam on June 17.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Announced
Prior to the above announcement, Square Enix also announced that Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is being remade for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Steam, and is due for release in Winter 2022.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Announced
At the end of today's Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary celebration, Square Enix gave us our first look at the next part of Final Fantasy VII Remake, titled Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

The game is due for a Winter 2023 release, with PS5 announced as the only platform. Additionally, it was confirmed that the remake will be composed of three parts, although the name of the final part has not been revealed yet. For PC players who have yet to play the first part of the remake and don't want to use the Epic Game Store, Final Fantasy VII Remake will be available on Steam on June 17.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion Announced
Prior to the above announcement, Square Enix also announced that Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is being remade for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Steam, and is due for release in Winter 2022.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Moonface 27 1,813 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Resident Evil 4 (Remake) Moonface 94 11,016 Feb 16th, 2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 162 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,409 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,121 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord