Final Fantasy VII Remake
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The PlayStation Blog just revealed the official box art for the game:

[Image: 48784465518_9c1dac418f_o.png]
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The PlayStation Blog just revealed the official box art for the game:

[Image: 48784465518_9c1dac418f_o.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I love that they remade the original cover with the modern assets. Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I love that they remade the original cover with the modern assets. Grin
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
So.... SquareEnix hasn't introduced..

Yet & I'm wondering if they'll come in on the second disc. If so, it won't evdn come close to hiw the original went.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
So.... SquareEnix hasn't introduced..

Yet & I'm wondering if they'll come in on the second disc. If so, it won't evdn come close to hiw the original went.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect they might just not be showing everything yet. Tifa only really had her gameplay showing in the most recent footage, so it seems like things are being put out rather slowly. Red might also be taking longer to perfect since he's an animal, whereas everyone else is human.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I expect they might just not be showing everything yet. Tifa only really had her gameplay showing in the most recent footage, so it seems like things are being put out rather slowly. Red might also be taking longer to perfect since he's an animal, whereas everyone else is human.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
They haven't even announced the other characters either; Yuffie, Vincent, Cait Sith, or Cid. So.. I'm sure Red will be shown long before the others is what I think.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
They haven't even announced the other characters either; Yuffie, Vincent, Cait Sith, or Cid. So.. I'm sure Red will be shown long before the others is what I think.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Played some of this on Friday. Just had the demo from the E3 gameplay reveal. Well, a few moments of travelling, fighting a few normal enemies (soldiers, floating machines) then the Scorpion Sentinel boss. When I was watching players while in the queue, the fight looked like it could drag on. When I played myself, didn't feel as long as watching. I realised I didn't play optimally either after watching how the person did who played during the E3 video. I didn't switch characters enough for a start, and lingered on the same one when getting attacked/waiting behind debris when they're being targeted. Didn't do a flashy Limit attack to finish the boss off, which I wish I done. XD Kinda enjoyed what I played though. Still want to wait to see what the Remake's release will be like, so isn't something that jumped to the top of my to buy list.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Played some of this on Friday. Just had the demo from the E3 gameplay reveal. Well, a few moments of travelling, fighting a few normal enemies (soldiers, floating machines) then the Scorpion Sentinel boss. When I was watching players while in the queue, the fight looked like it could drag on. When I played myself, didn't feel as long as watching. I realised I didn't play optimally either after watching how the person did who played during the E3 video. I didn't switch characters enough for a start, and lingered on the same one when getting attacked/waiting behind debris when they're being targeted. Didn't do a flashy Limit attack to finish the boss off, which I wish I done. XD Kinda enjoyed what I played though. Still want to wait to see what the Remake's release will be like, so isn't something that jumped to the top of my to buy list.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony posted a blog that has a lot of new screenshots in it: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/...-and-more/

This one is my favourite: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/4911...0f4c_k.jpg

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony posted a blog that has a lot of new screenshots in it: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/...-and-more/

This one is my favourite: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/4911...0f4c_k.jpg
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The one with Cloud about to throw a dart, his arm looks too short or disproportional to the rest of his body slightly. Just looks off to me. Perhaps it'll look better when he extends arm a second later. XD The image below with him swinging his sword the arm is better.

That landscape shot is sweet though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The one with Cloud about to throw a dart, his arm looks too short or disproportional to the rest of his body slightly. Just looks off to me. Perhaps it'll look better when he extends arm a second later. XD The image below with him swinging his sword the arm is better.

That landscape shot is sweet though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 26th, 2019, 11:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, I see it in the lower half of his arm. I'm trying to figure if he's got his arm tilted and causing foreshortening to happen, which would explain the lower arm looking too short.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 26th, 2019, 11:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, I see it in the lower half of his arm. I'm trying to figure if he's got his arm tilted and causing foreshortening to happen, which would explain the lower arm looking too short.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Personally I like the profile pic of Rude; https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/4911...4e51_b.jpg
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Personally I like the profile pic of Rude; https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/4911...4e51_b.jpg
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Mmmm this Cloud shot has a whole lot of purple going on; https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/4911...0d55_b.jpg
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Mmmm this Cloud shot has a whole lot of purple going on; https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/4911...0d55_b.jpg
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If anything, this game will be gorgeous as fuck, that's for damn sure :O
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If anything, this game will be gorgeous as fuck, that's for damn sure :O
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
A likely reason why Red XIII hasn't been shown yet is because there's a chance that it won't take place until Disc 2. One thing to remember is that Square Enix is adding a lot of filler to the game. They are making Midgar huge and apparently making it so you can explore all sectors of it, not just the two you're limited to in the original game. They're taking the 2-3 hours leading up the raid on Shinra HQ and turning it into a likely 20-30 hour trek, if not longer (who knows what they'll fill all of this with in terms of side quests, optional areas to explore and what not).

It wouldn't be an impossibility that Part 1 ends right as the team gets to the Shinra HQ, and then part 2 continues with the raid. This would also prevent Part 1 from ending right before the long flashback sequence in Kalm (assuming they leave the flashback events in) and that being the first thing players have to sit through in Part 2.

As for the screenshots on the blog, there's only one thing I can say about them. The screenshots showing the list of weapons Cloud has. If there's one thing I can look forward to in this sloppy remake attempt, it's being able to see Ultima Weapon (Cloud's strongest weapon in the original for those who don't know) in this graphic style. I always loved the design gimmick Ultima Weapon had, and I hope they keep it in the remake so we get to see what it looks like in this graphical style.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
A likely reason why Red XIII hasn't been shown yet is because there's a chance that it won't take place until Disc 2. One thing to remember is that Square Enix is adding a lot of filler to the game. They are making Midgar huge and apparently making it so you can explore all sectors of it, not just the two you're limited to in the original game. They're taking the 2-3 hours leading up the raid on Shinra HQ and turning it into a likely 20-30 hour trek, if not longer (who knows what they'll fill all of this with in terms of side quests, optional areas to explore and what not).

It wouldn't be an impossibility that Part 1 ends right as the team gets to the Shinra HQ, and then part 2 continues with the raid. This would also prevent Part 1 from ending right before the long flashback sequence in Kalm (assuming they leave the flashback events in) and that being the first thing players have to sit through in Part 2.

As for the screenshots on the blog, there's only one thing I can say about them. The screenshots showing the list of weapons Cloud has. If there's one thing I can look forward to in this sloppy remake attempt, it's being able to see Ultima Weapon (Cloud's strongest weapon in the original for those who don't know) in this graphic style. I always loved the design gimmick Ultima Weapon had, and I hope they keep it in the remake so we get to see what it looks like in this graphical style.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
We have pleased the Dragon Lord! -Square Enix rejoices in the corner

It appears that the game will have exactly one year of exclusivity with PlayStation before going multi-platform. The latest rendition of the official box art reveals the date of which it will remain exclusive on the platform until:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
We have pleased the Dragon Lord! -Square Enix rejoices in the corner

It appears that the game will have exactly one year of exclusivity with PlayStation before going multi-platform. The latest rendition of the official box art reveals the date of which it will remain exclusive on the platform until:
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have to laugh at all the Xbox fanboys in the comments on that post. They're laughing about PS4 "losing another exclusive" when the very first reveal trailer for the game said "Play it first on PlayStation" at the end of it. Like, we've known for years now that it's going to be multi-platform in the end. But I guess when you went out and made the decision to get a console that's so starved for content that they had to go sell-out to Nintendo just to get recognition, you'll take any attempt to try and reassure yourself about your choices.

The best part would be if it only went to Steam and Xbox didn't get it at all, just to make all those Xbox fanboys even more salty. I know it will go to Xbox, because Square Enix has been releasing everything on all systems aside from the Switch, but it would be a pretty funny slap in the face if they decided not to.

Speaking of the Switch, I feel bad for all the Switch people who are getting their hopes up over this. I enjoy the Switch too, but let's be honest here, there's no way the Switch would be able to handle this game without massively lowering the visual quality of the game. I will be very surprised if the Switch gets a port of this game.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have to laugh at all the Xbox fanboys in the comments on that post. They're laughing about PS4 "losing another exclusive" when the very first reveal trailer for the game said "Play it first on PlayStation" at the end of it. Like, we've known for years now that it's going to be multi-platform in the end. But I guess when you went out and made the decision to get a console that's so starved for content that they had to go sell-out to Nintendo just to get recognition, you'll take any attempt to try and reassure yourself about your choices.

The best part would be if it only went to Steam and Xbox didn't get it at all, just to make all those Xbox fanboys even more salty. I know it will go to Xbox, because Square Enix has been releasing everything on all systems aside from the Switch, but it would be a pretty funny slap in the face if they decided not to.

Speaking of the Switch, I feel bad for all the Switch people who are getting their hopes up over this. I enjoy the Switch too, but let's be honest here, there's no way the Switch would be able to handle this game without massively lowering the visual quality of the game. I will be very surprised if the Switch gets a port of this game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Four-Part Documentary Available Now Moonface 28 2,106 Mar 29th, 2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Resident Evil 4 (Remake) Moonface 94 11,792 Feb 16th, 2024, 04:22 PM
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 206 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,564 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,333 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord