Final Fantasy VII Remake
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Developer: Square Enix
Platforms: PlayStation 4
Release Date: March 3, 2020

Mako Reactors are draining the life energy of the planet. The Shinra Corporation rules over a corrupt surveillance state. A few prosper, the rest are left to rot in the city slums of Midgar. That changes tonight. 

The elite mercenary and ex-SOLDIER Cloud Strife has been hired by the resistance movement AVALANCHE to fight back. Their mission will change the world forever.

So a new trailer dropped for Final Fantasy VII Remake during the night, and with it came the surprise announcement of a release date of March 3, 2020! Interestingly, there was no mention of the game being split into parts, so perhaps that move has been abandoned now? What do you think?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Developer: Square Enix
Platforms: PlayStation 4
Release Date: March 3, 2020

Mako Reactors are draining the life energy of the planet. The Shinra Corporation rules over a corrupt surveillance state. A few prosper, the rest are left to rot in the city slums of Midgar. That changes tonight. 

The elite mercenary and ex-SOLDIER Cloud Strife has been hired by the resistance movement AVALANCHE to fight back. Their mission will change the world forever.

So a new trailer dropped for Final Fantasy VII Remake during the night, and with it came the surprise announcement of a release date of March 3, 2020! Interestingly, there was no mention of the game being split into parts, so perhaps that move has been abandoned now? What do you think?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I've heard rumors that the game will be in two parts. Idk if it's true though. *shrugs* I'm still interested & I think it's hilarious that this game is releasing during my birth month which I'm fine with. xp
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I've heard rumors that the game will be in two parts. Idk if it's true though. *shrugs* I'm still interested & I think it's hilarious that this game is releasing during my birth month which I'm fine with. xp
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the official statement of the game being in parts was that it was being split into three. It seems odd though that the trailer doesn't say the release date is for Part I but just for the game itself; I'd have expected it to say for Part I so as to be clear what is releasing on that day. Perhaps SE will clarify tonight what exactly is going to be in the first part, if the game is still being split. I'd want to know exactly how much I'm getting if it isn't the entire game.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the official statement of the game being in parts was that it was being split into three. It seems odd though that the trailer doesn't say the release date is for Part I but just for the game itself; I'd have expected it to say for Part I so as to be clear what is releasing on that day. Perhaps SE will clarify tonight what exactly is going to be in the first part, if the game is still being split. I'd want to know exactly how much I'm getting if it isn't the entire game.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Well when it released to the PS1 originally; it came with 4 discs. So to know it's going to be releasing in parts isn't surprising since the game is huge originally.

But yea, hopefully more information about if it's in parts or not will be known before the FFVII Remake releases. There might even be more information provided during SE's E3 during their announcements they make today.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Well when it released to the PS1 originally; it came with 4 discs. So to know it's going to be releasing in parts isn't surprising since the game is huge originally.

But yea, hopefully more information about if it's in parts or not will be known before the FFVII Remake releases. There might even be more information provided during SE's E3 during their announcements they make today.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Perhaps the game is going to be multiple discs but done as a singular release. The developers said they wanted it in parts to ensure nothing had to be cut, so I doubt they could consolidate the game into a singular part without cutting back on things. The only solution to doing that would be for multiple discs like RDR2 had.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Perhaps the game is going to be multiple discs but done as a singular release. The developers said they wanted it in parts to ensure nothing had to be cut, so I doubt they could consolidate the game into a singular part without cutting back on things. The only solution to doing that would be for multiple discs like RDR2 had.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I'm hoping it isn't split into multiple parts, mostly because I've never seen the practice done well. Episodic titles always seem to run into problems; just look at Telltale Games and how horrendously they screwed the pooch with the first season of TWD. Delays spanning months, only to release episodes that were straight up broken and unplayable. No, if they do take the episodic route with FFVII I'll hold off until it's completed.

Also, hype for Cloudette.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I'm hoping it isn't split into multiple parts, mostly because I've never seen the practice done well. Episodic titles always seem to run into problems; just look at Telltale Games and how horrendously they screwed the pooch with the first season of TWD. Delays spanning months, only to release episodes that were straight up broken and unplayable. No, if they do take the episodic route with FFVII I'll hold off until it's completed.

Also, hype for Cloudette.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
During the Squarenix announcement for E3; they announced that the game is going to have 2 blue ray discs. (YES!)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
During the Squarenix announcement for E3; they announced that the game is going to have 2 blue ray discs. (YES!)
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
I believe I heard that they still mentioned it being split into parts during the State of Play last month so I doubt that's changed but we shall see.
[Image: MOnYWal.png]
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
I believe I heard that they still mentioned it being split into parts during the State of Play last month so I doubt that's changed but we shall see.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
New trailer showed at SE's E3;

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
New trailer showed at SE's E3;

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's still going to be episodic. Square Enix has confirmed and re-confirmed that over and over again. Anyone hoping they suddenly changed their mind on the matter is going to be very disappointed.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's still going to be episodic. Square Enix has confirmed and re-confirmed that over and over again. Anyone hoping they suddenly changed their mind on the matter is going to be very disappointed.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
At least the combat looks sick as hell. Episodic or not. :p

Also, Gamespot CONFIRMS, WHAT I POSTED EARLIER ABOUT THERE BEING 2 DISCS: https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/fi...0-6467649/
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
At least the combat looks sick as hell. Episodic or not. :p

Also, Gamespot CONFIRMS, WHAT I POSTED EARLIER ABOUT THERE BEING 2 DISCS: https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/fi...0-6467649/
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I thought that the two discs meant it wasn't coming in parts, but it seems the parts are just so big they can't do it on one disc. I'll find it amusing if this remake ends up using four discs just like the original did. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I thought that the two discs meant it wasn't coming in parts, but it seems the parts are just so big they can't do it on one disc. I'll find it amusing if this remake ends up using four discs just like the original did. ROFL
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
So there's the (ever so slight) possibility that some console models won't even be able to fit the game on their hard drive, yikes.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
So there's the (ever so slight) possibility that some console models won't even be able to fit the game on their hard drive, yikes.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
That could be very well, though I'm unsure. I'd wager a guess that SE is just releasing everything on 2 discs; but who knows. 

(Jun 11th, 2019, 11:13 PM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
Good thing I have a 1 TB PS4 Pro & an extra HDD 1TB to go with it. xp
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
That could be very well, though I'm unsure. I'd wager a guess that SE is just releasing everything on 2 discs; but who knows. 

(Jun 11th, 2019, 11:13 PM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
Good thing I have a 1 TB PS4 Pro & an extra HDD 1TB to go with it. xp
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2019, 04:02 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Highly unlikely considering this tweet:
The answer would've been one if everything was on the two discs. They seem to have no clue yet how many parts they need to do the whole game.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2019, 04:02 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Highly unlikely considering this tweet:
The answer would've been one if everything was on the two discs. They seem to have no clue yet how many parts they need to do the whole game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Moonface 27 1,814 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Resident Evil 4 (Remake) Moonface 94 11,020 Feb 16th, 2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 162 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,409 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,121 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord