PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jul 1st, 2018, 09:29 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
Ever got a taste of what Windows ME was like? If so, did you hate it as much as everyone else or what?

Windows ME...Windows ME.....M.....E......
https://i.imgur.com/yk8Tlmx.gifv

Yes, yes I did, the hate is well deserved and any one who said other wise is a moron who doesn't know what they are talking about.
At lease with Vista people who said Vista were good most likely 1) Had a decent system (i.e. not some low to mid teir OEM build) and 2) used it only after it was patched a bunch.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Ever got a taste of what Windows ME was like? If so, did you hate it as much as everyone else or what?

Yes, yes I did, the hate is well deserved and any one who said other wise is a moron who doesn't know what they are talking about.
At lease with Vista people who said Vista were good most likely 1) Had a decent system (i.e. not some low to mid teir OEM build) and 2) used it only after it was patched a bunch.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Jul 2nd, 2018, 12:53 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

[Image: Russell.jpg]

Fun fact: My first experience with Windows ME was seeing it permanently crash my dad's working computer. Seriously, damn thing wouldn't get out of DOS until the main drive was wiped out.

Genius design, Microsoft.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 

Fun fact: My first experience with Windows ME was seeing it permanently crash my dad's working computer. Seriously, damn thing wouldn't get out of DOS until the main drive was wiped out.

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 3rd, 2018, 12:21 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Why would you do that!? DOS > Windows ME Whistle

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jul 3rd, 2018, 07:24 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

And you are completely right, but he kind of needed Windows to run the programs he worked with.

Still, when the computer was repaired, Windows was installed indeed... but it definitely wasn't Windows ME. I think he ended up using the disc as a cup holder (and no, I'm not kidding).

So, did you end up trying AOL's free internet back then, my friend?
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

And you are completely right, but he kind of needed Windows to run the programs he worked with.

Still, when the computer was repaired, Windows was installed indeed... but it definitely wasn't Windows ME. I think he ended up using the disc as a cup holder (and no, I'm not kidding).

lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 4th, 2018, 02:17 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

I never needed the free hours, as my dad had AOL for my mothers computer (and cable for his own) back then, My computer wasn't connected to a network. I rarely used the internet at that time actually. Although I was on it wasn't until High school I really started to be on it.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 4th, 2018, 02:17 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

I never needed the free hours, as my dad had AOL for my mothers computer (and cable for his own) back then, My computer wasn't connected to a network. I rarely used the internet at that time actually. Although I was on it wasn't until High school I really started to be on it.
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
What are your views on the recent w10 os?
[Image: chloe-13.png]
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 4th, 2018, 06:04 PM)chloe Wrote:

If you take out the forced ads, the forced updates (I lost some important work because of the updates not respecting my settings), cortana, the fact that MS got rid of their QA team because of a current fad in the Dev world called "agile", Removing the easily ways to get to stuff to change settings, the forced updates, constant removing of features (such as update settings in Windows 10 Pro), continuously fucking over Small and medium business by removing stuff from pro and putting it at best at the Enterprise level (or removing all together), the fact that now "pro" isn't enough but now "Workstation for 4 or less cores" and "Workstation for 4 or more cores" for no good reason, other shit that effects SMBs more then the end consumer.

I guess it is good but it is all at the end bullshit as MS Is just getting worse with licensing the current version of Windows Server went from Per physical CPU to per core with an 8 core minimum (so if you have a 36 core server it requires 36 licensees), there aslo was starting to be shit about "Oh now you don't need a license for every computer that runs server but every computer that COULD run server" (e.g. say if you have a 6 server cloud style set up, with only one server running Windows Server at a time (i.e. only one server runs a windows VM the rest runs other stuff but if the server running the windows VM goes down another server runs the VM until the proper server is back up, that used to be one license now its 6 (assuming a 1 core server each since we just talked about how its now per core.. so 6*number of total Cores is the new cost)

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 4th, 2018, 06:04 PM)chloe Wrote:

If you take out the forced ads, the forced updates (I lost some important work because of the updates not respecting my settings), cortana, the fact that MS got rid of their QA team because of a current fad in the Dev world called "agile", Removing the easily ways to get to stuff to change settings, the forced updates, constant removing of features (such as update settings in Windows 10 Pro), continuously fucking over Small and medium business by removing stuff from pro and putting it at best at the Enterprise level (or removing all together), the fact that now "pro" isn't enough but now "Workstation for 4 or less cores" and "Workstation for 4 or more cores" for no good reason, other shit that effects SMBs more then the end consumer.

I guess it is good but it is all at the end bullshit as MS Is just getting worse with licensing the current version of Windows Server went from Per physical CPU to per core with an 8 core minimum (so if you have a 36 core server it requires 36 licensees), there aslo was starting to be shit about "Oh now you don't need a license for every computer that runs server but every computer that COULD run server" (e.g. say if you have a 6 server cloud style set up, with only one server running Windows Server at a time (i.e. only one server runs a windows VM the rest runs other stuff but if the server running the windows VM goes down another server runs the VM until the proper server is back up, that used to be one license now its 6 (assuming a 1 core server each since we just talked about how its now per core.. so 6*number of total Cores is the new cost)
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
If you were to pick a Linux distro to use, what would you pick, my friend?
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 5th, 2018, 12:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Mint/Ubuntu/Debian somewhere in that family depending on need.

I miss using Linux, I need to get a linux box or an SSD for my desktop.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 5th, 2018, 12:15 AM)Nightingale Wrote:

Mint/Ubuntu/Debian somewhere in that family depending on need.

I miss using Linux, I need to get a linux box or an SSD for my desktop.
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
How about Google OS; are they any better then MS?
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 5th, 2018, 09:00 AM)chloe Wrote:
If by Google OS you mean:

1) Android: Android is good (at lease its not a wall garden that iOS is), I just am annoyed at how (my carrier?) Over the Air updates are done, there has been many times were I was away from home, on battery power, and using network data and it decides to update with out my consent nor me being informed until I need my phone.

2) ChromeOS: ChromeOS is decent, I am just hesitant to say outside of kids-first-computer and (K-12) schools that are already using google app, that it is a good.

Chrome OS has a few issues:

a) Either super cheap throw away computers (with parts that feel like it often) which is fine if its for the above cases, and unlike a 300 dollar windows laptop the OS actually works decently in such an under powered machine (because the OS is so limited).

b) Super expensive for what you get with an extremely limited operating system: the "premium" laptops and All in Ones that have Chrome OS in them have one major flaw, they have Chrome OS. Chrome OS is still (to my knowledge) limited to just mostly web apps, there was talk a few years back about adding android support but last I check it was still in alpha stages... and even then some apps with out an actual touch screen just were a pain to use(in my experence using android emulation, and having a chrome book that supported android apps).

3) If for some reason you mean Google's out-of-left-feild Fuchsia OS, I have no idea I haven't heard much of it outside of it being based on Haiku Kernal which is based on BeOS (which is more of a obscure computer niche OS in terms of popularity)

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 5th, 2018, 09:00 AM)chloe Wrote:
If by Google OS you mean:

1) Android: Android is good (at lease its not a wall garden that iOS is), I just am annoyed at how (my carrier?) Over the Air updates are done, there has been many times were I was away from home, on battery power, and using network data and it decides to update with out my consent nor me being informed until I need my phone.

2) ChromeOS: ChromeOS is decent, I am just hesitant to say outside of kids-first-computer and (K-12) schools that are already using google app, that it is a good.

Chrome OS has a few issues:

a) Either super cheap throw away computers (with parts that feel like it often) which is fine if its for the above cases, and unlike a 300 dollar windows laptop the OS actually works decently in such an under powered machine (because the OS is so limited).

b) Super expensive for what you get with an extremely limited operating system: the "premium" laptops and All in Ones that have Chrome OS in them have one major flaw, they have Chrome OS. Chrome OS is still (to my knowledge) limited to just mostly web apps, there was talk a few years back about adding android support but last I check it was still in alpha stages... and even then some apps with out an actual touch screen just were a pain to use(in my experence using android emulation, and having a chrome book that supported android apps).

3) If for some reason you mean Google's out-of-left-feild Fuchsia OS, I have no idea I haven't heard much of it outside of it being based on Haiku Kernal which is based on BeOS (which is more of a obscure computer niche OS in terms of popularity)
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
So, have you hit anyone with a mechanical keyboard? Tongue
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 5th, 2018, 03:44 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

No but I've wanted to.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jul 5th, 2018, 03:44 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

No but I've wanted to.
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
Is there a working 3DS emulator you'd recommend?
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
Is there a working 3DS emulator you'd recommend?
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I haven't attempted to emulate a 3DS/DS game in years party because I found the whole thing off putting due to touch screen controls some games have. But it looks like there is only one(?) 3DS emulator Citra it they claim MOST games will work but it also looks like it at times can be slow.

I would link you, but I am unsure of the rules regarding that, since emulation is a bit of a legal grey area.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
I haven't attempted to emulate a 3DS/DS game in years party because I found the whole thing off putting due to touch screen controls some games have. But it looks like there is only one(?) 3DS emulator Citra it they claim MOST games will work but it also looks like it at times can be slow.

I would link you, but I am unsure of the rules regarding that, since emulation is a bit of a legal grey area.