The Legend of Zelda (Series) | 'The Grass is Greener' Interview
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 24th, 2019, 02:11 AM)Monocle Wrote:
I want to get it but I can't justify paying $60 for a GBC remake which clocks in at 10 hours completion time. Nintendo is absolutely ridiculous. None of the improvements and additions are worth paying AAA NEW game prices for that. absolutely not.
It doesn't help that most other remastered games are going for only $40 at tops and offer a lot more content. The only reason I wasn't against paying $60 for this was because I never played the original, so I just view it as paying for the original in a sense.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 24th, 2019, 02:11 AM)Monocle Wrote:
I want to get it but I can't justify paying $60 for a GBC remake which clocks in at 10 hours completion time. Nintendo is absolutely ridiculous. None of the improvements and additions are worth paying AAA NEW game prices for that. absolutely not.
It doesn't help that most other remastered games are going for only $40 at tops and offer a lot more content. The only reason I wasn't against paying $60 for this was because I never played the original, so I just view it as paying for the original in a sense.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I went to Walmart & paid $10 less for it then if I were to have bought it at other stores. Besides I love Link's Awakening so I'd have gotten it anyway. :p
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I went to Walmart & paid $10 less for it then if I were to have bought it at other stores. Besides I love Link's Awakening so I'd have gotten it anyway. :p
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I knew of the Wal-Mart deal, but $10 isn't enough to make me suffer shopping in a Wal-Mart. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I knew of the Wal-Mart deal, but $10 isn't enough to make me suffer shopping in a Wal-Mart. Tongue
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
$50 is still too much for that imo. 10-12 hours to finish for those who know the game, like myself. 20 to 100% it if I take my time. no way. not happening.

I paid $60 for Fire Emblem Three Houses and this is my current time log. With two and a half more routes left to complete. 

[Image: L9aOmi7.jpg]
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
$50 is still too much for that imo. 10-12 hours to finish for those who know the game, like myself. 20 to 100% it if I take my time. no way. not happening.

I paid $60 for Fire Emblem Three Houses and this is my current time log. With two and a half more routes left to complete. 

[Image: L9aOmi7.jpg]
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I thought we were talking about LoZ series, not Fire Emblem. Tongue

I bought Link's Awakening as well & never played the GBC version & I've been asking @queenzelda what the differences are between the two since I never played the original as I know she has.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 

I bought Link's Awakening as well & never played the GBC version & I've been asking @queenzelda what the differences are between the two since I never played the original as I know she has.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 24th, 2019, 06:26 AM)King Atem Wrote:
We are. Their point is to show the content difference between the two games sharing the same price point. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 24th, 2019, 06:26 AM)King Atem Wrote:
We are. Their point is to show the content difference between the two games sharing the same price point. Tongue
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
^ he knows that lmao.

what reviews I've read are all saying the same thing though. Lots of improvements and qol changes of the price tag is steep for the amount of content it has.

Worst part is that Nintendo exclusives almost never go down in price so it'll sit at $60 for a long time. BotW came out in the beginning of 2017. Still $60.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
^ he knows that lmao.

what reviews I've read are all saying the same thing though. Lots of improvements and qol changes of the price tag is steep for the amount of content it has.

Worst part is that Nintendo exclusives almost never go down in price so it'll sit at $60 for a long time. BotW came out in the beginning of 2017. Still $60.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
You guys seen the trailer for BOtW 2 yet? Yea? Well, I'm not getting it when it releases. I've decided that I'm no longer going to support Breath of the Wild versions of the Zelda franchise. I don't like it; impo it's westernized open world garbage & I want nothing to do with the Legend of Zelda franchise if that's the future of how Zelda games are going to play. I'll still buy the remakes of older titles; but I'm done with Zelda if it's future is going the way of 'open world', cause I'm not one who enjoys that b.s. >_>"
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
You guys seen the trailer for BOtW 2 yet? Yea? Well, I'm not getting it when it releases. I've decided that I'm no longer going to support Breath of the Wild versions of the Zelda franchise. I don't like it; impo it's westernized open world garbage & I want nothing to do with the Legend of Zelda franchise if that's the future of how Zelda games are going to play. I'll still buy the remakes of older titles; but I'm done with Zelda if it's future is going the way of 'open world', cause I'm not one who enjoys that b.s. >_>"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Personally I'm hyped for BotW 2, although I will agree it does need to make improvements to have more elements of classic Zelda present in it. Dungeons and puzzles were lacking when it came to challenge, and it's a shame because there were moments they really shined for me. The island in BotW where you get stripped of everything you have and need to work from nothing again was a blast. The mazes would've been better if you couldn't scale onto the top of them to cheese it. The lost woods was very well done. Shrines ranged from passable to decent, but felt more like filler because of how many there were and how many were just "fight the things". Dungeons themselves were.....eh. Hyrule Castle was nowhere near as good as I wanted it to be. The final boss was also terrible, and so was the ending itself.

Was BotW fun? Yes. Was it necessarily a perfect approach of making LoZ a larger open game? Not really. It had moments, but taking out the shrines and Korok seeds, it's really just 5 dungeons slapped into a massive world with some quests thrown in before you enter them. Comparing it to Link's Awakening, LA has a tighter map where everything feels like it has a purpose and even traversing the map itself can be a puzzle in and of itself. Now sure, that's harder to pull off with an open world where the player can just go "Nah bruh" and go around another way, but a lot of areas just felt like they existed for the sake of having somewhere for some more shrines. It's fun to explore, but I can see how the world could feel lacking for someone who's played a lot of LoZ games and went into BotW expecting to have all of that but on a larger scale.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Personally I'm hyped for BotW 2, although I will agree it does need to make improvements to have more elements of classic Zelda present in it. Dungeons and puzzles were lacking when it came to challenge, and it's a shame because there were moments they really shined for me. The island in BotW where you get stripped of everything you have and need to work from nothing again was a blast. The mazes would've been better if you couldn't scale onto the top of them to cheese it. The lost woods was very well done. Shrines ranged from passable to decent, but felt more like filler because of how many there were and how many were just "fight the things". Dungeons themselves were.....eh. Hyrule Castle was nowhere near as good as I wanted it to be. The final boss was also terrible, and so was the ending itself.

Was BotW fun? Yes. Was it necessarily a perfect approach of making LoZ a larger open game? Not really. It had moments, but taking out the shrines and Korok seeds, it's really just 5 dungeons slapped into a massive world with some quests thrown in before you enter them. Comparing it to Link's Awakening, LA has a tighter map where everything feels like it has a purpose and even traversing the map itself can be a puzzle in and of itself. Now sure, that's harder to pull off with an open world where the player can just go "Nah bruh" and go around another way, but a lot of areas just felt like they existed for the sake of having somewhere for some more shrines. It's fun to explore, but I can see how the world could feel lacking for someone who's played a lot of LoZ games and went into BotW expecting to have all of that but on a larger scale.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm so thankful someone made a topic on the complete series. I'm shocked I didn't see this the other day.

Anyway, I'm not a HUGE fan like most Zelda fans are with tattoos and wild cosplays but I am a fan of the series and my favorite still to this day is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64.

Such a classic game I played a sh*t ton as a kid.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm so thankful someone made a topic on the complete series. I'm shocked I didn't see this the other day.

Anyway, I'm not a HUGE fan like most Zelda fans are with tattoos and wild cosplays but I am a fan of the series and my favorite still to this day is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64.

Such a classic game I played a sh*t ton as a kid.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Announced for Nintendo Switch
A HD re-release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming to Nintendo Switch on July 16.

The Joy-Con controllers now function as your sword and shield via motion controls, taking the place of the motion controllers that were used on the Wii version of the game. However, the game now allows button-only controls too, so if you dislike motion controls, this is for you! How you tilt the right stick determines the direction you swing your sword.

There will also be a new set of Joy-Cons released that feature markings resembling the sword and shield that Link uses, and will release on the same day as the game.

As for Breath of the Wild 2, there was currently no news to share, but news for that game will be coming later this year.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Announced for Nintendo Switch
A HD re-release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming to Nintendo Switch on July 16.

The Joy-Con controllers now function as your sword and shield via motion controls, taking the place of the motion controllers that were used on the Wii version of the game. However, the game now allows button-only controls too, so if you dislike motion controls, this is for you! How you tilt the right stick determines the direction you swing your sword.

There will also be a new set of Joy-Cons released that feature markings resembling the sword and shield that Link uses, and will release on the same day as the game.

As for Breath of the Wild 2, there was currently no news to share, but news for that game will be coming later this year.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Big oof. I've consistently heard over the years that Skyward Sword is among the worst LoZ games out there, perhaps only beaten by the dreadful Legend of Zelda II, so the fact that we're getting this over getting Wind Waker HD ported, is not exciting in the least.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Big oof. I've consistently heard over the years that Skyward Sword is among the worst LoZ games out there, perhaps only beaten by the dreadful Legend of Zelda II, so the fact that we're getting this over getting Wind Waker HD ported, is not exciting in the least.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD get ported, since they already got the HD treatment but are stuck on the Wii U. Maybe they'll come for the anniversary that's this year?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I hope Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD get ported, since they already got the HD treatment but are stuck on the Wii U. Maybe they'll come for the anniversary that's this year?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I hope so. WW is a top 3 LoZ game for me (and I wouldn't be surprise if it's in most fans top 3 as well), and not ever having owned a Wii U, I really want it.

I'm glad to see they made an option to play this Remaster with button controls though. That might reduce some of the terribleness of this game compared to the Wii U version, but yeah, this isn't a LoZ title I've heard many good things about, so it is a bit hard to get too excited by it.

They should have really gone all out and given us full remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. That's how you'd really rock LoZ's 25th anniversary.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I hope so. WW is a top 3 LoZ game for me (and I wouldn't be surprise if it's in most fans top 3 as well), and not ever having owned a Wii U, I really want it.

I'm glad to see they made an option to play this Remaster with button controls though. That might reduce some of the terribleness of this game compared to the Wii U version, but yeah, this isn't a LoZ title I've heard many good things about, so it is a bit hard to get too excited by it.

They should have really gone all out and given us full remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. That's how you'd really rock LoZ's 25th anniversary.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The main thing I heard that was bad about Skyward Sword (excluding the motion controls) was that the tutorials are really long at the start of the game before you actually get to do anything.

I doubt another remake of OoT and MM would happen since it was done for the 3DS already, and Nintendo also haven't been doing great with their game anniversaries lately, considering how Mario got some overpriced ports with zero work done to them that clearly used FOMO to sell itself. I think that SSHD is going to be the best announcement Nintendo will have for the anniversary, since I don't expect them to do a remake of anything and nothing new can be announced, which leaves either just more ports or some lackluster thing like Mario 35.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The main thing I heard that was bad about Skyward Sword (excluding the motion controls) was that the tutorials are really long at the start of the game before you actually get to do anything.

I doubt another remake of OoT and MM would happen since it was done for the 3DS already, and Nintendo also haven't been doing great with their game anniversaries lately, considering how Mario got some overpriced ports with zero work done to them that clearly used FOMO to sell itself. I think that SSHD is going to be the best announcement Nintendo will have for the anniversary, since I don't expect them to do a remake of anything and nothing new can be announced, which leaves either just more ports or some lackluster thing like Mario 35.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,901 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,967 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,268 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,830 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface