The Legend of Zelda (Series) | 'The Grass is Greener' Interview
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm not sure I'd consider OoT and MM 3D as remakes. They were more remasters with slightly touched up graphics. I want to see full-blown, all-out remakes of OoT and MM with completely re-done graphics and everything. I don't think I'd want them Breath of the Wild graphics, but it'd be awesome to see what those two games could look like with today's graphics, even on the Switch. Oh and of course much improved combat as well.

I'd also be okay if they just wanted to do a package of a bunch of LoZ games. Give us an all-in-one cart of OoT, MM, WW and maybe Twilight Princess (another one I never played, so why not?).

It'd be cool if we could get the Oracle games on Switch too. Maybe give us a second collection that has all of the hand-held Zelda games on it (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, A Link Between Worlds). We already have A Link to the Past via the SNES emulation, so that's covered. They could easily do all of this, and it'd be easy money for them. I personally would absolutely love to have the Oracle games on the Switch, so those alone would get me to dip on something like that.

But as you said, they suck at celebrating anniversaries, so yeah, can't expect more than a remaster of one of the worst Zelda games by fan standards. In addition to what you pointed out, I've also heard that Skyward Sword has really bad progression, where the game forces you to do things in a very specific order with no freedom of being able to go slightly off the beaten path.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm not sure I'd consider OoT and MM 3D as remakes. They were more remasters with slightly touched up graphics. I want to see full-blown, all-out remakes of OoT and MM with completely re-done graphics and everything. I don't think I'd want them Breath of the Wild graphics, but it'd be awesome to see what those two games could look like with today's graphics, even on the Switch. Oh and of course much improved combat as well.

I'd also be okay if they just wanted to do a package of a bunch of LoZ games. Give us an all-in-one cart of OoT, MM, WW and maybe Twilight Princess (another one I never played, so why not?).

It'd be cool if we could get the Oracle games on Switch too. Maybe give us a second collection that has all of the hand-held Zelda games on it (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, A Link Between Worlds). We already have A Link to the Past via the SNES emulation, so that's covered. They could easily do all of this, and it'd be easy money for them. I personally would absolutely love to have the Oracle games on the Switch, so those alone would get me to dip on something like that.

But as you said, they suck at celebrating anniversaries, so yeah, can't expect more than a remaster of one of the worst Zelda games by fan standards. In addition to what you pointed out, I've also heard that Skyward Sword has really bad progression, where the game forces you to do things in a very specific order with no freedom of being able to go slightly off the beaten path.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm watching BarbarousKing playing through Twilight Princess HD and what on earth is this game? It just seems like a confusing mess of ideas. Errm
Also for a HD version it still looks bad and I don't want to see how the original version looks in comparison.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm watching BarbarousKing playing through Twilight Princess HD and what on earth is this game? It just seems like a confusing mess of ideas. Errm
Also for a HD version it still looks bad and I don't want to see how the original version looks in comparison.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Twilight Princess is definitely a product of its time and of hardcore fan demand. It's a shame because it looks like the dungeons were the aspect of the game that got the most polish and attention and everything else was scrambled together without too much communication between the teams working on it.

The DYKG video on Breath of the Wild recently made me really appreciate the game further and it really goes to show how repeated playtesting throughout the development process helps a game massively.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Twilight Princess is definitely a product of its time and of hardcore fan demand. It's a shame because it looks like the dungeons were the aspect of the game that got the most polish and attention and everything else was scrambled together without too much communication between the teams working on it.

The DYKG video on Breath of the Wild recently made me really appreciate the game further and it really goes to show how repeated playtesting throughout the development process helps a game massively.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I like the graphic style of Twilight princess, but story and gameplay weren't the best and I still feel like Majora Mask is the best Zelda game.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly I like the graphic style of Twilight princess, but story and gameplay weren't the best and I still feel like Majora Mask is the best Zelda game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
In my opinion, the style wasn't executed all the way for me. It wanted to be edgy and dark but it really fell short in comparison to Majora's Mask, which was legitimately dark without being edgy. Also the character designs are hideous with the exception of Link.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
In my opinion, the style wasn't executed all the way for me. It wanted to be edgy and dark but it really fell short in comparison to Majora's Mask, which was legitimately dark without being edgy. Also the character designs are hideous with the exception of Link.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I think your right about that Link looks really good in the game and so does Epona, but the other character designs tend to be lacking and sometimes ugly.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I think your right about that Link looks really good in the game and so does Epona, but the other character designs tend to be lacking and sometimes ugly.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Mar 6th, 2021, 06:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Say hello to one of the other Zelda games that competes with LoZ II for worst LoZ title. That was a dark time for the LoZ series, as we were delivered several stinkers in a row (Twilight Princess > Phantom Hourglass > Spirit Tracks > Skyward Sword). 

A Link Between Worlds finally broke the cycle when it released, but the series had a few rough years there after the glory days of A Link To The Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, the Oracle games and Wind Waker.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Mar 6th, 2021, 06:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Say hello to one of the other Zelda games that competes with LoZ II for worst LoZ title. That was a dark time for the LoZ series, as we were delivered several stinkers in a row (Twilight Princess > Phantom Hourglass > Spirit Tracks > Skyward Sword). 

A Link Between Worlds finally broke the cycle when it released, but the series had a few rough years there after the glory days of A Link To The Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, the Oracle games and Wind Waker.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since it seems rare to find a Zelda game that actually got reviewed as anything less than overall positive, what was wrong with PH and ST? I'd have assumed that them following from Wind Waker and keeping that art style would mean that they would just build on the traversal gameplay and just change out the sailing for other things (like I assume the train in ST is a replacement of the boat from WW).

Also, I will be shocked if anything in the Zelda games is more hideous of a character design/idea than this thing: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Oocca

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since it seems rare to find a Zelda game that actually got reviewed as anything less than overall positive, what was wrong with PH and ST? I'd have assumed that them following from Wind Waker and keeping that art style would mean that they would just build on the traversal gameplay and just change out the sailing for other things (like I assume the train in ST is a replacement of the boat from WW).

Also, I will be shocked if anything in the Zelda games is more hideous of a character design/idea than this thing: https://zelda.gamepedia.com/Oocca
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were poorly received by a lot of the fans because of how the games were structured from what I remember. I never played Spirit Tracks myself, but I believe people disliked it because it was very forcibly linear. You just rode the train to each new town/dungeon, but outside of those, there was no on-foot exploration.

Also people despised the stylus controls of the two games. I played Phantom Hourglass and I can tell you that I don't remember a god damn thing about the game. It was a very forgettable LoZ experience. I remember at least a little bit from almost every game I've ever played, so when I have pushed everything of a game out of my memory completely, it means it was pretty bad.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were poorly received by a lot of the fans because of how the games were structured from what I remember. I never played Spirit Tracks myself, but I believe people disliked it because it was very forcibly linear. You just rode the train to each new town/dungeon, but outside of those, there was no on-foot exploration.

Also people despised the stylus controls of the two games. I played Phantom Hourglass and I can tell you that I don't remember a god damn thing about the game. It was a very forgettable LoZ experience. I remember at least a little bit from almost every game I've ever played, so when I have pushed everything of a game out of my memory completely, it means it was pretty bad.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm actually shocked you of all people don't like Zelda II. I thought it looked really cool, and people just seemed mad about it because it deviated from what Zelda 1 was in terms of how it played.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm actually shocked you of all people don't like Zelda II. I thought it looked really cool, and people just seemed mad about it because it deviated from what Zelda 1 was in terms of how it played.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Zelda II has god awful game play and the progression in the game is extremely annoying. Definitely my least favorite of the LoZ games, though Breath of the Wild isn't too far behind it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Zelda II has god awful game play and the progression in the game is extremely annoying. Definitely my least favorite of the LoZ games, though Breath of the Wild isn't too far behind it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wanna play it myself some day. It just looks really difficult, and the people that seem to complain about the game just aren't good at it (not that I think that's the case for you, just speaking generally).

Anyone have any wild expectations for Breath of the Wild 2?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wanna play it myself some day. It just looks really difficult, and the people that seem to complain about the game just aren't good at it (not that I think that's the case for you, just speaking generally).

Anyone have any wild expectations for Breath of the Wild 2?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm hoping that BotW2 has better dungeons. If BotW had done the shrines but with better dungeons it would have been better, but if you only play the main dungeons it becomes incredibly lacking in both challenge and content.

Weapon durability could stay but I think there should be a way to repair or strengthen durability so you can try and keep some stuff for longer. It would also mean that you can either search the world for weapons or search for items to maintain what you have.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm hoping that BotW2 has better dungeons. If BotW had done the shrines but with better dungeons it would have been better, but if you only play the main dungeons it becomes incredibly lacking in both challenge and content.

Weapon durability could stay but I think there should be a way to repair or strengthen durability so you can try and keep some stuff for longer. It would also mean that you can either search the world for weapons or search for items to maintain what you have.
Ararera Offline
Mostly Harmless
Currently Playing
Guild Wars 2
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,641
Pokémon 
(Mar 13th, 2021, 06:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yes please! I was ok with having a billion small shrines with puzzles inside, but a core staple of the series for me is the journey to (then through) all the main dungeons. Except the water dungeon from OOT. You suck!
If anyone needs me I'll be in witchspace.
Ararera Offline
Mostly Harmless
Currently Playing
Guild Wars 2
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,641 Pokémon 

Yes please! I was ok with having a billion small shrines with puzzles inside, but a core staple of the series for me is the journey to (then through) all the main dungeons. Except the water dungeon from OOT. You suck!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 13th, 2021, 09:44 PM)Ararera Wrote:

Yeah, and the journeys were a mixed bag in BotW too. I find that the trip to the Goron and Zora domains are done very well, and the Rito one is alright but always feels like I'm just wandering around in the snow until I find it. The Gerudo is the worst one though because you just walk across an open desert and you're there, with very little else happening.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 13th, 2021, 09:44 PM)Ararera Wrote:

Yeah, and the journeys were a mixed bag in BotW too. I find that the trip to the Goron and Zora domains are done very well, and the Rito one is alright but always feels like I'm just wandering around in the snow until I find it. The Gerudo is the worst one though because you just walk across an open desert and you're there, with very little else happening.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,898 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,962 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,448 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,266 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,824 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface