The Food & Drink Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Baking sweets is SO much fun, though! I have many fond memories baking and making sweets with my grandmother as a child. It's fun to follow a recipe and watch as your thing you prepared come to life in the oven!

There's also just a certain special taste to making things from scratch like that. After all the labor of assembling everything correctly, rewarding yourself with its fruits just tastes absolutely exquisite. Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Baking sweets is SO much fun, though! I have many fond memories baking and making sweets with my grandmother as a child. It's fun to follow a recipe and watch as your thing you prepared come to life in the oven!

There's also just a certain special taste to making things from scratch like that. After all the labor of assembling everything correctly, rewarding yourself with its fruits just tastes absolutely exquisite. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Bumping this to share this absolutely mind-fuckery of a food item

Yes, this is ice cream.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Bumping this to share this absolutely mind-fuckery of a food item

Yes, this is ice cream.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
For a second I thought it was horrible false advertising in that someone bought ice cream with that image on the top, only to get actual fried chicken. But...but it's ice cream made to LOOK like fried chicken. Get out of here! ROFL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
For a second I thought it was horrible false advertising in that someone bought ice cream with that image on the top, only to get actual fried chicken. But...but it's ice cream made to LOOK like fried chicken. Get out of here! ROFL
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I'm going to post a picture of the Steak I made last week...

[Image: 20220906_193428.jpg?width=895&height=671]

I marinated it in a Japanese BBQ sauce for about 7 hours. Then I salted it and left it out for a half hour. Grilled it up to a Medium Rare... Next time I want it Rare... but it was still a great steak!
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I'm going to post a picture of the Steak I made last week...

[Image: 20220906_193428.jpg?width=895&height=671]

I marinated it in a Japanese BBQ sauce for about 7 hours. Then I salted it and left it out for a half hour. Grilled it up to a Medium Rare... Next time I want it Rare... but it was still a great steak!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not enough of a food buff to tell by looking at it, but what type of steak is that @Frank?
It does look really good though. If the photo had had other stuff on the plate like veggies and whatnot I'd have probably thought you were sharing a picture of a steak served at a restaurant if I didn't read any of the context first. LOL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not enough of a food buff to tell by looking at it, but what type of steak is that @Frank?
It does look really good though. If the photo had had other stuff on the plate like veggies and whatnot I'd have probably thought you were sharing a picture of a steak served at a restaurant if I didn't read any of the context first. LOL
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks bud! Steaks are my specialty for sure. I've been told by people who used to frequent Vegas steakhouses that my steaks are as good as, if not better, than what they sever.

That specific steak I believe was a bone-in ribeye, which is my favorite cut. I've also learned what to look for, as far as marbeling goes.  The secret to a good steak is even cooking, and quality meat. Wink

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks bud! Steaks are my specialty for sure. I've been told by people who used to frequent Vegas steakhouses that my steaks are as good as, if not better, than what they sever.

That specific steak I believe was a bone-in ribeye, which is my favorite cut. I've also learned what to look for, as far as marbeling goes.  The secret to a good steak is even cooking, and quality meat. Wink
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah that looks fucking sick man. And marinated in a Japanese-style BBQ sauce? Ugh. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah that looks fucking sick man. And marinated in a Japanese-style BBQ sauce? Ugh. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 15th, 2022, 10:59 PM)Frank Wrote:
Not sure if I've ever had that cut of steak before. Hmm
As far as marbling goes, I have no idea about any of that besides vaguely knowing what it looks like. But as for what to specifically look for or what purpose it even has, I haven't a clue. Sigh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 15th, 2022, 10:59 PM)Frank Wrote:
Not sure if I've ever had that cut of steak before. Hmm
As far as marbling goes, I have no idea about any of that besides vaguely knowing what it looks like. But as for what to specifically look for or what purpose it even has, I haven't a clue. Sigh
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Next time you have steak, I highly recommend a bone-in ribeye. Hands down my favorite cut!

This article I found should help with identifying proper marbeling.

https://www.crowdcow.com/blog/the-basics...=1&bfsrc=7

Basically, the more even fat distribution between the actual meat, is what you're looking for. Not big sections of fat surrounding the meat, but fat actually intertwined into the meat.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Next time you have steak, I highly recommend a bone-in ribeye. Hands down my favorite cut!

This article I found should help with identifying proper marbeling.

https://www.crowdcow.com/blog/the-basics...=1&bfsrc=7

Basically, the more even fat distribution between the actual meat, is what you're looking for. Not big sections of fat surrounding the meat, but fat actually intertwined into the meat.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. Normally I just try to find steaks that don't have wide strands of fat going through them because that stuff is always just chewy and bleh. I've also never really tried different cuts of steak; normally I always pick sirloin. XD

Is there any particular steakhouse restaurant that you prefer going to the most @Frank, or anyone else who reads this and wants to answer? I've been to a few different places but it's been so long since I went to any of them I'm trying to remember how the steak was at each of them. I know Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse both do really good steaks I find. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. Normally I just try to find steaks that don't have wide strands of fat going through them because that stuff is always just chewy and bleh. I've also never really tried different cuts of steak; normally I always pick sirloin. XD

Is there any particular steakhouse restaurant that you prefer going to the most @Frank, or anyone else who reads this and wants to answer? I've been to a few different places but it's been so long since I went to any of them I'm trying to remember how the steak was at each of them. I know Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse both do really good steaks I find. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I've been meaning to try out the best way to cook a steak after watching Kenji do it

The next time I happen to buy a good piece of steak, I shall try it out Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I've been meaning to try out the best way to cook a steak after watching Kenji do it

The next time I happen to buy a good piece of steak, I shall try it out Smile
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface I'm Honestly really picky with Steaks eaten out. More expensive and usually not as good as the ones I make at home.

The last decent steak I had out, that was a franchise vs an independent steak house, was probably Longhorn Steakhouse. I went with the bone-in Ribeye.

@ShiraNoMai Just finished watching that video... I think I'm going to have to try that out! Not with a Tomahawk though. Those are way to expensive Tongue

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface I'm Honestly really picky with Steaks eaten out. More expensive and usually not as good as the ones I make at home.

The last decent steak I had out, that was a franchise vs an independent steak house, was probably Longhorn Steakhouse. I went with the bone-in Ribeye.

@ShiraNoMai Just finished watching that video... I think I'm going to have to try that out! Not with a Tomahawk though. Those are way to expensive Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's a question for everyone that I'm interested in hearing answers to:

What do you tend to eat for Christmas/New Years? I know in England the tradition for Christmas tends to be a turkey roast dinner, but for my family we usually would do a different meat like lamb or beef because my parents think turkey is (rightfully) overrated. The US is a whole different beast when it comes to Christmas though I find since the turkey dinner is for Thanksgiving, which leaves a stupidly large range of options available for Christmas. I can't actually remember what meals I've had on any previous Christmas's I've spent here in the US because of that. LOL

As for New Year, I myself like to do a little spread of finger foods like cocktail sausages, pickled onions, crisps, sausage rolls, sandwiches, etc. since that event is like a celebration so a regular meal just feels out of place to me for that day. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's a question for everyone that I'm interested in hearing answers to:

What do you tend to eat for Christmas/New Years? I know in England the tradition for Christmas tends to be a turkey roast dinner, but for my family we usually would do a different meat like lamb or beef because my parents think turkey is (rightfully) overrated. The US is a whole different beast when it comes to Christmas though I find since the turkey dinner is for Thanksgiving, which leaves a stupidly large range of options available for Christmas. I can't actually remember what meals I've had on any previous Christmas's I've spent here in the US because of that. LOL

As for New Year, I myself like to do a little spread of finger foods like cocktail sausages, pickled onions, crisps, sausage rolls, sandwiches, etc. since that event is like a celebration so a regular meal just feels out of place to me for that day. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Turkey's fine although I have had some that's been crap, although usually isn't at Christmas but during the year (why does my mum continue to buy turkey steaks when I keep telling her I dislike it??), so the turkey I've usually had for Christmas has been good. Although not a definite meat we have for Xmas depending on what stock levels are like. Had chicken and ham before, possibly others. Whoo. Sausages are usually on the plate though, as pigs in blankets or bare sausages. I refuse most pigs in blankets though, after a mishap of bad tummy causing me to have some days off work once. LOL
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Turkey's fine although I have had some that's been crap, although usually isn't at Christmas but during the year (why does my mum continue to buy turkey steaks when I keep telling her I dislike it??), so the turkey I've usually had for Christmas has been good. Although not a definite meat we have for Xmas depending on what stock levels are like. Had chicken and ham before, possibly others. Whoo. Sausages are usually on the plate though, as pigs in blankets or bare sausages. I refuse most pigs in blankets though, after a mishap of bad tummy causing me to have some days off work once. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 8th, 2022, 02:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Turkey's fine although I have had some that's been crap, although usually isn't at Christmas but during the year (why does my mum continue to buy turkey steaks when I keep telling her I dislike it??), so the turkey I've usually had for Christmas has been good. Although not a definite meat we have for Xmas depending on what stock levels are like.
$10 says she buys them because she finds them in the discounted food section. If she's buying them at full price for you when you don't want them though then that's silly. I can understand how eating that garbage would make turkey at Christmas seem like a dream in comparison though. ROFL
On the subject of turkey, if you've never had it and have a means to do so, try out smoked turkey. That shit in a sandwich is godly and I've only had the opportunity to have it like one time I think. Would've been more but the BBQ joint I got it from closed down during Covid. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 8th, 2022, 02:58 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Turkey's fine although I have had some that's been crap, although usually isn't at Christmas but during the year (why does my mum continue to buy turkey steaks when I keep telling her I dislike it??), so the turkey I've usually had for Christmas has been good. Although not a definite meat we have for Xmas depending on what stock levels are like.
$10 says she buys them because she finds them in the discounted food section. If she's buying them at full price for you when you don't want them though then that's silly. I can understand how eating that garbage would make turkey at Christmas seem like a dream in comparison though. ROFL
On the subject of turkey, if you've never had it and have a means to do so, try out smoked turkey. That shit in a sandwich is godly and I've only had the opportunity to have it like one time I think. Would've been more but the BBQ joint I got it from closed down during Covid. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,908 1,621,683 Yesterday, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 25 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,210 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,327 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,287 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL