Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Dec 15th, 2022, 10:51 PM)Moonface Wrote:
$10 says she buys them because she finds them in the discounted food section. If she's buying them at full price for you when you don't want them though then that's silly. I can understand how eating that garbage would make turkey at Christmas seem like a dream in comparison though. ROFL
On the subject of turkey, if you've never had it and have a means to do so, try out smoked turkey. That shit in a sandwich is godly and I've only had the opportunity to have it like one time I think. Would've been more but the BBQ joint I got it from closed down during Covid. Sad

Aw, how did you know? Keep the 10. XD 
Ooh smoked turkey, nope don't think I've had the pleasure. Darn the place closing, not sure where I'd find it here but if I have to wait to try it in the US then I'll look forward to it, if you can find anywhere else that offers it.
Oh, I've tried Mattessons Turkey Rashers before that are lightly smoked and didn't like them. So hope it won't be similar to that. If it is BBQ though then perhaps.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
$10 says she buys them because she finds them in the discounted food section. If she's buying them at full price for you when you don't want them though then that's silly. I can understand how eating that garbage would make turkey at Christmas seem like a dream in comparison though. ROFL
On the subject of turkey, if you've never had it and have a means to do so, try out smoked turkey. That shit in a sandwich is godly and I've only had the opportunity to have it like one time I think. Would've been more but the BBQ joint I got it from closed down during Covid. Sad

Ooh smoked turkey, nope don't think I've had the pleasure. Darn the place closing, not sure where I'd find it here but if I have to wait to try it in the US then I'll look forward to it, if you can find anywhere else that offers it.
Oh, I've tried Mattessons Turkey Rashers before that are lightly smoked and didn't like them. So hope it won't be similar to that. If it is BBQ though then perhaps.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 15th, 2022, 11:53 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Dear lord no those rasher things aren't remotely what I'm describing and look like the most processed shite you could find. ROFL No smoked turkey is basically just cooking a full turkey but in a smoker and it ends up being similar to something like pulled pork:

[Image: 38526736181_8e1cbbb678_b.jpg]

It looks similar to regular turkey, it just gets cooked differently and in a way that I think is far superior to regular turkey. For one it doesn't tend to dry out due to the slow cooking process, since turkey is really lean and is easy to dry out when cooked in most other ways.

Also, for you or anyone else interested in getting easy ideas and recipes for meals, I'd strongly recommend looking at https://mealime.com. Shira and I switched to it a few months ago over using services like Home Chef because I had heard it was significantly cheaper, which it is since you buy the ingredients yourself instead of having everything sent to you. You just pick what you'd wanna eat and it gives you the shopping list of things to get for all the meals you selected and the instructions to make them all. Tends to feel expensive when you first start though because of all the seasonings and such you have to get that you likely don't already own, but once those purchases are done the cost just drops down to the meats and veggies. Wink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 15th, 2022, 11:53 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Dear lord no those rasher things aren't remotely what I'm describing and look like the most processed shite you could find. ROFL No smoked turkey is basically just cooking a full turkey but in a smoker and it ends up being similar to something like pulled pork:

[Image: 38526736181_8e1cbbb678_b.jpg]

It looks similar to regular turkey, it just gets cooked differently and in a way that I think is far superior to regular turkey. For one it doesn't tend to dry out due to the slow cooking process, since turkey is really lean and is easy to dry out when cooked in most other ways.

Also, for you or anyone else interested in getting easy ideas and recipes for meals, I'd strongly recommend looking at https://mealime.com. Shira and I switched to it a few months ago over using services like Home Chef because I had heard it was significantly cheaper, which it is since you buy the ingredients yourself instead of having everything sent to you. You just pick what you'd wanna eat and it gives you the shopping list of things to get for all the meals you selected and the instructions to make them all. Tends to feel expensive when you first start though because of all the seasonings and such you have to get that you likely don't already own, but once those purchases are done the cost just drops down to the meats and veggies. Wink
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We should go to Smokey Bones again soon. Get that BBQ craving solved Ayaya
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We should go to Smokey Bones again soon. Get that BBQ craving solved Ayaya
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I didn't get that Mattesons crap to have willingly, wouldn't be something I'd buy to eat. Thank goodness it doesn't grace our home anymore, good grief. XD

Ah, the smoked turkey does sound good then, nice.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I didn't get that Mattesons crap to have willingly, wouldn't be something I'd buy to eat. Thank goodness it doesn't grace our home anymore, good grief. XD

Ah, the smoked turkey does sound good then, nice.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just discovered this aberration has been concocted by one of the grocery stores in the UK and I'm not sure how I feel about it...

[Image: 4ljrdnh2dila1.jpg]

Context for the non-UK people here, a hot cross bun is "a spiced sweet bun usually made with fruit, marked with a cross on the top, and has been traditionally eaten on Good Friday" and so it isn't really something you would make a sandwich out of. Although looking at the box description it seems M&S opted to not even use a traditional bun here and instead did some cheesy variant of it, which doesn't seem necessary since a standard HCB would give a sweetness to compliment the BLT ingredients.

I'd consider trying one with a classic HCB, but not sure if I'd want to try this one. To @Mr EliteL and @Kyng who I can recall off the top of my head as members from the UK and so have a familiarity with hot cross buns, would either of you (or anyone else here) try this at all? XD

On the bright side, seeing this did remind me that Publix will soon start selling hot cross buns again so I need to grab myself some while they're around. Grin

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just discovered this aberration has been concocted by one of the grocery stores in the UK and I'm not sure how I feel about it...

[Image: 4ljrdnh2dila1.jpg]

Context for the non-UK people here, a hot cross bun is "a spiced sweet bun usually made with fruit, marked with a cross on the top, and has been traditionally eaten on Good Friday" and so it isn't really something you would make a sandwich out of. Although looking at the box description it seems M&S opted to not even use a traditional bun here and instead did some cheesy variant of it, which doesn't seem necessary since a standard HCB would give a sweetness to compliment the BLT ingredients.

I'd consider trying one with a classic HCB, but not sure if I'd want to try this one. To @Mr EliteL and @Kyng who I can recall off the top of my head as members from the UK and so have a familiarity with hot cross buns, would either of you (or anyone else here) try this at all? XD

On the bright side, seeing this did remind me that Publix will soon start selling hot cross buns again so I need to grab myself some while they're around. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm actually wondering if they just called it a "hot cross bun" but it's really just a normal bun with a cross on top ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm actually wondering if they just called it a "hot cross bun" but it's really just a normal bun with a cross on top ROFL
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
To be fair I would've thought a sandwich made with a hot cross bun hasn't happened yet, or perhaps it was tried before but never came across one. If I ever go to an M&S while this is still available, I may pick one up to try, but won't go out my way for one. Like I'm not dying to have it. XD Perhaps it's in the petrol station store down the road just outside my town, but don't walk down there anyway. Have walked partly there before for something else though (volunteering, which haven't done since covid hit).
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
To be fair I would've thought a sandwich made with a hot cross bun hasn't happened yet, or perhaps it was tried before but never came across one. If I ever go to an M&S while this is still available, I may pick one up to try, but won't go out my way for one. Like I'm not dying to have it. XD Perhaps it's in the petrol station store down the road just outside my town, but don't walk down there anyway. Have walked partly there before for something else though (volunteering, which haven't done since covid hit).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 8th, 2023, 04:10 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's possible, since I can't find a single image of this thing with the fruit visible in the bun, and it turns out M&S have a ridiculous number of variations on a traditional hot cross bun: https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food-t...cross-buns

The lunatics have even gone so far as to make an ice cream sandwich with the things, which makes me think there's no limit to their mad experiments. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 8th, 2023, 04:10 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It's possible, since I can't find a single image of this thing with the fruit visible in the bun, and it turns out M&S have a ridiculous number of variations on a traditional hot cross bun: https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food-t...cross-buns

The lunatics have even gone so far as to make an ice cream sandwich with the things, which makes me think there's no limit to their mad experiments. Tongue
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, I knew of the chocolate and banoffee hot cross buns, none of the rest and those recipes towards the bottom with the pulled pork, the ice cream sandwich, pudding I wouldn't want to try them. XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, I knew of the chocolate and banoffee hot cross buns, none of the rest and those recipes towards the bottom with the pulled pork, the ice cream sandwich, pudding I wouldn't want to try them. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ohhh man those all look so fucking good. That chocolate one especially. Never heard of banoffee before, and looking it up it sounds delicious! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ohhh man those all look so fucking good. That chocolate one especially. Never heard of banoffee before, and looking it up it sounds delicious! Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 11th, 2023, 03:40 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Never heard of banoffee before, and looking it up it sounds delicious! Grin
I forgot that even existed since I'm not really a dessert pie person, so I don't pay much attention to their flavours besides the typical ones that are practically common knowledge. LOL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 11th, 2023, 03:40 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Never heard of banoffee before, and looking it up it sounds delicious! Grin
I forgot that even existed since I'm not really a dessert pie person, so I don't pay much attention to their flavours besides the typical ones that are practically common knowledge. LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,899 1,616,709 1 hour ago
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,917 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,173 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
  Maniak's Rants - The General Thread Maniakkid25 10 4,264 Jan 10th, 2022, 08:42 PM
  2020 Holiday Season Thread Moonface 15 7,356 Jan 18th, 2021, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface