You Have to Live Your Life as an NPC. Who Do You Pick?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
As the title says, if you had to live your life as an NPC in any video-game, who would that NPC be and why? In the event multiple NPC's live luxurious lives, feel free to present the choices you'd pick from if you wouldn't just settle on one in particular. Smile

I'm not an Animal Crossing expert or anything, but I imagine a life as Tom Nook would probably be very pleasant. The guy doesn't seem to do much except give out loans and make bank on them, and you get some random person come into town and start sprucing up the place and helping out while you get to kick back. Doesn't sound too bad, assuming I've made an accurate assumption about the character. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
As the title says, if you had to live your life as an NPC in any video-game, who would that NPC be and why? In the event multiple NPC's live luxurious lives, feel free to present the choices you'd pick from if you wouldn't just settle on one in particular. Smile

I'm not an Animal Crossing expert or anything, but I imagine a life as Tom Nook would probably be very pleasant. The guy doesn't seem to do much except give out loans and make bank on them, and you get some random person come into town and start sprucing up the place and helping out while you get to kick back. Doesn't sound too bad, assuming I've made an accurate assumption about the character. ROFL
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, I thought the topic was going to be 'if you were an NPC, what game would you be in?', and not who. Although a character does spring to mind, one of my favourite NPCs.

Barroch from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Would want to know where he came from, or rather how he viewed that reality/world and how they viewed him. But not just that, taking residence in the Bitterblack Isles and watching other Arisen try and tackle the dungeon only to find they/watch them die in there. Also, the fact he carries around Golden Stilettos (daggers), which is quite a poor weapon to have. Considering the best Gold Rarefied daggers are Framae Blades at a strength of 1429, his one can get up to only 451, so how the hell does he survive without any Pawns too if he encounters enemies. Could be his secret paths he's found that the player can't find to escape if there's a problem or to avoid combat, which would be cool to know. Then, meeting the player that would go on to beating the dungeon. Also, Barroch seems to be loaded too, considering you can keep selling him Wakestones and other items that sell for a lot of money (then again every shop/merchant are the same).
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, I thought the topic was going to be 'if you were an NPC, what game would you be in?', and not who. Although a character does spring to mind, one of my favourite NPCs.

Barroch from Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Would want to know where he came from, or rather how he viewed that reality/world and how they viewed him. But not just that, taking residence in the Bitterblack Isles and watching other Arisen try and tackle the dungeon only to find they/watch them die in there. Also, the fact he carries around Golden Stilettos (daggers), which is quite a poor weapon to have. Considering the best Gold Rarefied daggers are Framae Blades at a strength of 1429, his one can get up to only 451, so how the hell does he survive without any Pawns too if he encounters enemies. Could be his secret paths he's found that the player can't find to escape if there's a problem or to avoid combat, which would be cool to know. Then, meeting the player that would go on to beating the dungeon. Also, Barroch seems to be loaded too, considering you can keep selling him Wakestones and other items that sell for a lot of money (then again every shop/merchant are the same).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2019, 11:16 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Nah, at that point it's just another way of asking what game do you want to live in. This way makes it so you have to decide on the life of the person. Like, living as a GTA NPC would seem fine until you think of how at any given moment some lunatic who is seemingly unstoppable could come walking down the street with a bazooka or roll up in a tank and just end you. You can't even claim you'd be an NPC who stays inside one of the office buildings or something in say, GTA V, because they're never seen and therefore you can't technically pick that person to live a life as. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 16th, 2019, 11:16 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Nah, at that point it's just another way of asking what game do you want to live in. This way makes it so you have to decide on the life of the person. Like, living as a GTA NPC would seem fine until you think of how at any given moment some lunatic who is seemingly unstoppable could come walking down the street with a bazooka or roll up in a tank and just end you. You can't even claim you'd be an NPC who stays inside one of the office buildings or something in say, GTA V, because they're never seen and therefore you can't technically pick that person to live a life as. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'd be Impa, because in each LOZelda iteration; she's kicking some kind of ass & taking name all while living it high on the hog in the palace. Sounds like fun to me. Hehe  Whistle Cool
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'd be Impa, because in each LOZelda iteration; she's kicking some kind of ass & taking name all while living it high on the hog in the palace. Sounds like fun to me. Hehe  Whistle Cool
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 20th, 2019, 01:41 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Until BotW where she's found in a wood hut in a village as an old lady who just sits around doing nothing. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Until BotW where she's found in a wood hut in a village as an old lady who just sits around doing nothing. Tongue
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
(Jul 23rd, 2019, 06:16 PM)Sunbum Wrote:

You are aware that Impa was an old woman in Skyward Sword? She tells the story of her past self trying to protect Zelda. Looks like that's how she retired. Tongue 

If I were to be an NPC, I'd be the guy welcoming everyone into the town.  Whistle
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
(Jul 23rd, 2019, 06:16 PM)Sunbum Wrote:

You are aware that Impa was an old woman in Skyward Sword? She tells the story of her past self trying to protect Zelda. Looks like that's how she retired. Tongue 

If I were to be an NPC, I'd be the guy welcoming everyone into the town.  Whistle
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
You know, most game worlds sound like they'd be horribly dangerous to live in Tongue . You're perpetually at the mercy of a player who delights in shooting you, slashing you with a sword, setting you on fire, turning you into a chicken, or doing any number of other crazy things!

So, how about the Odahviing from Skyrim? He's unkillable (a.k.a. Essential), and he's a dragon!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
You know, most game worlds sound like they'd be horribly dangerous to live in Tongue . You're perpetually at the mercy of a player who delights in shooting you, slashing you with a sword, setting you on fire, turning you into a chicken, or doing any number of other crazy things!

So, how about the Odahviing from Skyrim? He's unkillable (a.k.a. Essential), and he's a dragon!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2019, 08:58 PM)Kyng Wrote:

Depends on the game. I could slash at an NPC with my sword in a Zelda game but they'll just stand there and not care, or they'll react slightly but be perfectly fine and healthy. In fact most games would make you virtually immortal as an NPC if you kept the game logic applied to them since nothing seems to be able to kill them. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2019, 08:58 PM)Kyng Wrote:

Depends on the game. I could slash at an NPC with my sword in a Zelda game but they'll just stand there and not care, or they'll react slightly but be perfectly fine and healthy. In fact most games would make you virtually immortal as an NPC if you kept the game logic applied to them since nothing seems to be able to kill them. ROFL
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Meh; I like Impa, old & retired. Or young & awesome; either way I'd be Impa who is always kick a$$. Or just sleepy. Tongue I suppose it depends on the series & game she's in. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Meh; I like Impa, old & retired. Or young & awesome; either way I'd be Impa who is always kick a$$. Or just sleepy. Tongue I suppose it depends on the series & game she's in. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:28 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
True, one way she gets to adventure and hold her own or she gets to relax and kick back. She's probably also one of the few NPC's where you can see how life would potentially end up for her given that most others don't tend to really age in games by any notable amount. XD

I imagine being a Pokemon professor is a decent life. You get to just send out an army of ten year olds every year to gather information for you while you stay in town and get all the single mums left behind.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:28 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
True, one way she gets to adventure and hold her own or she gets to relax and kick back. She's probably also one of the few NPC's where you can see how life would potentially end up for her given that most others don't tend to really age in games by any notable amount. XD

I imagine being a Pokemon professor is a decent life. You get to just send out an army of ten year olds every year to gather information for you while you stay in town and get all the single mums left behind.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Oak is Ash's father? Whatttttt!! Whistle If I were to be an npc in Pokemon games, I'd want to be a gym leader.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Oak is Ash's father? Whatttttt!! Whistle If I were to be an npc in Pokemon games, I'd want to be a gym leader.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Gym leader would be neat. I think one of the worst notable NPC's to be from a Pokemon game would be the region champion, since when they get defeated, that's them done. They don't get an Elite Four spot since they don't lose their spots for being defeated, so what do they do after they get beaten by someone? Do they just have to try and work their way back to becoming champion? XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Gym leader would be neat. I think one of the worst notable NPC's to be from a Pokemon game would be the region champion, since when they get defeated, that's them done. They don't get an Elite Four spot since they don't lose their spots for being defeated, so what do they do after they get beaten by someone? Do they just have to try and work their way back to becoming champion? XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:48 PM)Sunbum Wrote:
I think that it was explained in the anime, that the champ if defeated gets retired for the new champ.

Another NPC I think would be fun to be in the Pokemon series of games, would be the Guild Master in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Aug 7th, 2019, 07:48 PM)Sunbum Wrote:
I think that it was explained in the anime, that the champ if defeated gets retired for the new champ.

Another NPC I think would be fun to be in the Pokemon series of games, would be the Guild Master in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I personally would like an NPC that actually has more scripted AI coding to them so I'm not locked into the same position for literally ever (i.e. shopkeepers or any other stationary NPC). Ones like in Stardew Valley that have lives they live out and vary on the day to day would be lovely. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I personally would like an NPC that actually has more scripted AI coding to them so I'm not locked into the same position for literally ever (i.e. shopkeepers or any other stationary NPC). Ones like in Stardew Valley that have lives they live out and vary on the day to day would be lovely. Smile
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 11th, 2019, 04:08 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Ones like in Stardew Valley that have lives they live out and vary on the day to day would be lovely. Smile
Until one day, a stranger appears and takes over the abandoned farm outside of town. At first you think it's sweet. Suddenly, they're showering you with random gifts, ranging from simple flowers to high value diamonds. Maybe without warning they even know exactly what your favourite item is to give you. You never told them. No one else did either. But somehow they knew. And now you find yourself developing affectionate feelings for them. You didn't intend to feel this way about this newcomer, but the items they've showered upon you leave you feeling compelled. Before you know it, you've moved onto their farm, helping them manage things while they spend yet another day in the mines, the forest, or thrust gifts onto the other unsuspecting townsfolk. Soon the entire town is enamoured by them, and you start to relax knowing there's no one else left for them to manipulate with shiny trinkets. Then, you've had a child with this stranger, and a new generational leader is created to ensure that the children of the townsfolk are not free of this curse once the adults, including yourself and the stranger, pass on from this mortal coil. And so the wheel continues to turn, forever more, in the Stardew Valley.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 11th, 2019, 04:08 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Ones like in Stardew Valley that have lives they live out and vary on the day to day would be lovely. Smile
Until one day, a stranger appears and takes over the abandoned farm outside of town. At first you think it's sweet. Suddenly, they're showering you with random gifts, ranging from simple flowers to high value diamonds. Maybe without warning they even know exactly what your favourite item is to give you. You never told them. No one else did either. But somehow they knew. And now you find yourself developing affectionate feelings for them. You didn't intend to feel this way about this newcomer, but the items they've showered upon you leave you feeling compelled. Before you know it, you've moved onto their farm, helping them manage things while they spend yet another day in the mines, the forest, or thrust gifts onto the other unsuspecting townsfolk. Soon the entire town is enamoured by them, and you start to relax knowing there's no one else left for them to manipulate with shiny trinkets. Then, you've had a child with this stranger, and a new generational leader is created to ensure that the children of the townsfolk are not free of this curse once the adults, including yourself and the stranger, pass on from this mortal coil. And so the wheel continues to turn, forever more, in the Stardew Valley.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Live Action Zelda Movie in Development Moonface 9 572 Nov 17th, 2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Gamescom Opening Night Live 2022 Moonface 14 2,812 Sep 13th, 2022, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Frank
  Favourite NPC's? Moonface 7 4,345 Dec 31st, 2021, 11:17 PM
  Apply a Game Mechanic to Real Life Moonface 8 6,939 Jul 20th, 2020, 10:29 PM