Things You Used To Like?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Karo: Yeah, I only watch one channel on YouTube that plays games and that's only because of how I like the personality, similar to why I watch people stream on Twitch. The only game I actually go out of my way to watch stuff about is Minecraft, but that's mostly of very established builders to see what their builds and techniques are so I can apply them to my own things, rather than caring about what they're actually doing in terms of playing the game itself.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Karo: Yeah, I only watch one channel on YouTube that plays games and that's only because of how I like the personality, similar to why I watch people stream on Twitch. The only game I actually go out of my way to watch stuff about is Minecraft, but that's mostly of very established builders to see what their builds and techniques are so I can apply them to my own things, rather than caring about what they're actually doing in terms of playing the game itself.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I used to also enjoy more "haha funny gamer person" YouTube way back when, but now I tend to enjoy informative/educational YouTube over anything else. Learning new things or how things work has become very interesting to me so I've been trying to find more channels like it.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I used to also enjoy more "haha funny gamer person" YouTube way back when, but now I tend to enjoy informative/educational YouTube over anything else. Learning new things or how things work has become very interesting to me so I've been trying to find more channels like it.
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
XP: 192
(Jan 25th, 2022, 11:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I think most people stopped liking him after that racist video of him got out, which was made worse by his really poor attempt at apologizing for it.
Chris Benoit is another wrestler I wish I could still like but as much as he was good in the ring, I can't like the person knowing what his last moments in life were. I know his head was entirely wrecked and was a huge factor in what happened but it's still a rough situation.

I haven't seen that video, but it sounds pretty bad. I wasn't a big fan of Benoit. Sadly, for all time, all he'll be known for is the murder/suicide....
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Jan 25th, 2022, 11:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I think most people stopped liking him after that racist video of him got out, which was made worse by his really poor attempt at apologizing for it.
Chris Benoit is another wrestler I wish I could still like but as much as he was good in the ring, I can't like the person knowing what his last moments in life were. I know his head was entirely wrecked and was a huge factor in what happened but it's still a rough situation.

I haven't seen that video, but it sounds pretty bad. I wasn't a big fan of Benoit. Sadly, for all time, all he'll be known for is the murder/suicide....
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@zoldos: I never saw the video in question either but I saw a lot of people speaking about it including other wrestlers so I got a good picture of it from all of that, plus WWE cut ties with him for a period over it which further solidified how serious it was.

On the subject of old YouTube channels I've been tempted at times to try watching some of them again just to see what I think of things now that I used to find funny out of curiosity if it still is and I just lost interest or if I genuinely stopped finding it funny, but I don't know if I can be bothered to do it. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@zoldos: I never saw the video in question either but I saw a lot of people speaking about it including other wrestlers so I got a good picture of it from all of that, plus WWE cut ties with him for a period over it which further solidified how serious it was.

On the subject of old YouTube channels I've been tempted at times to try watching some of them again just to see what I think of things now that I used to find funny out of curiosity if it still is and I just lost interest or if I genuinely stopped finding it funny, but I don't know if I can be bothered to do it. XD
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Feb 13th, 2022, 02:45 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I've basically stopped using YouTube. It just a bunch of hot chicks or gamer dudes with 10M subs, and then a bunch people who can't even get to 100 despite posting quality content and trying like hell to get "noticed". Sad
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me

I've basically stopped using YouTube. It just a bunch of hot chicks or gamer dudes with 10M subs, and then a bunch people who can't even get to 100 despite posting quality content and trying like hell to get "noticed". Sad
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 13th, 2022, 03:30 AM)zoldos Wrote:

I've basically stopped using YouTube.  It just a bunch of hot chicks or gamer dudes with 10M subs, and then a bunch people who can't even get to 100 despite posting quality content and trying like hell to get "noticed". Sad
I'll use it only to really support those quality channels who don't have content anywhere else. The biggest shame is seeing some channels having to change their entire formula and style just to survive by doing what all the "trendy" stuff does in order to get noticed, but lose their identity in the process. I can't blame them for doing what they have to so they can make YouTube viable but it definitely sucks to see it happen. Fortunately it doesn't seem like services like Twitch suffer from that, but I admittedly have a very small bubble I stay in so there could be a lot about Twitch and its culture I have no clue about.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 13th, 2022, 03:30 AM)zoldos Wrote:

I've basically stopped using YouTube.  It just a bunch of hot chicks or gamer dudes with 10M subs, and then a bunch people who can't even get to 100 despite posting quality content and trying like hell to get "noticed". Sad
I'll use it only to really support those quality channels who don't have content anywhere else. The biggest shame is seeing some channels having to change their entire formula and style just to survive by doing what all the "trendy" stuff does in order to get noticed, but lose their identity in the process. I can't blame them for doing what they have to so they can make YouTube viable but it definitely sucks to see it happen. Fortunately it doesn't seem like services like Twitch suffer from that, but I admittedly have a very small bubble I stay in so there could be a lot about Twitch and its culture I have no clue about.
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Feb 14th, 2022, 01:54 AM)Moonface Wrote:

That trendy stuff. lol I used to have a YT channel and after like 4 years I only had 50 something subs.  I had hundreds of videos, and would promote like crazy.  But after continuously witnessing a lot of BS, esp. from this jerk who harassed a girl I like, I deleted my entire channel.  I still have the videos though and am now re-editing them and posting on my Minds profile....
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me

That trendy stuff. lol I used to have a YT channel and after like 4 years I only had 50 something subs.  I had hundreds of videos, and would promote like crazy.  But after continuously witnessing a lot of BS, esp. from this jerk who harassed a girl I like, I deleted my entire channel.  I still have the videos though and am now re-editing them and posting on my Minds profile....
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2022, 08:12 PM)zoldos Wrote:

Was that harassment happening on YT or somewhere else?
And yeah, trying to break through the YT algorithm is awful. I know channels that are huge and then announce their views suddenly tanked and it was because YT would do stupid stuff like change how notifications worked and such, causing people to not realise that channel was putting out new content, and then as each new video performs badly newer ones get less recommendations and it just spirals down until everyone suddenly notices it and flocks to the videos they didn't realise had been released.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 14th, 2022, 08:12 PM)zoldos Wrote:

And yeah, trying to break through the YT algorithm is awful. I know channels that are huge and then announce their views suddenly tanked and it was because YT would do stupid stuff like change how notifications worked and such, causing people to not realise that channel was putting out new content, and then as each new video performs badly newer ones get less recommendations and it just spirals down until everyone suddenly notices it and flocks to the videos they didn't realise had been released.
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Feb 21st, 2022, 11:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It was on YT.  This prick made like an entire series of videos bashing this girl who is anorexic.  Him and others constantly bashed her. I made a video in support of her struggle, and people actually commented that because of her, "thousands of young girls are dying". I was like WTF?
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Feb 21st, 2022, 11:37 PM)Moonface Wrote:

It was on YT.  This prick made like an entire series of videos bashing this girl who is anorexic.  Him and others constantly bashed her. I made a video in support of her struggle, and people actually commented that because of her, "thousands of young girls are dying". I was like WTF?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
And I'm guessing YouTube either did absolutely nothing about him or did but took far too long? I'm betting more on the former though. That's really awful and just completely unnecessary to do. Eh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
And I'm guessing YouTube either did absolutely nothing about him or did but took far too long? I'm betting more on the former though. That's really awful and just completely unnecessary to do. Eh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeesh. I'm surprised that didn't get reported sooner, zoldos. I'm sorry that happened to her, and subsequently to you. I hope all is resolved now.

I used to be way more into sweets and sugary foods but I find these days my tolerance for the amount of (and lately, the sheer volume of) sugar in things is way lower. My dietary changes definitely exacerbated that, but I was noticing it happening before, too--I would EASILY down multiple slices of cake, bags of candy, be satisfied with sugary cereals for breakfast. Now... well, my brain thinks it'll handle it fine, but then I go to do it and my body is like "Uh??? Hello???" and it's quite jarring to be honest.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeesh. I'm surprised that didn't get reported sooner, zoldos. I'm sorry that happened to her, and subsequently to you. I hope all is resolved now.

I used to be way more into sweets and sugary foods but I find these days my tolerance for the amount of (and lately, the sheer volume of) sugar in things is way lower. My dietary changes definitely exacerbated that, but I was noticing it happening before, too--I would EASILY down multiple slices of cake, bags of candy, be satisfied with sugary cereals for breakfast. Now... well, my brain thinks it'll handle it fine, but then I go to do it and my body is like "Uh??? Hello???" and it's quite jarring to be honest.
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Feb 23rd, 2022, 02:08 AM)Moonface Wrote:

His channel was STILL monetized until an investigation of abuse was aired on prime time TV.  After that aired, Youtube completely DEmonetized all of his content.

(Feb 23rd, 2022, 06:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yes it is (see my reply right before this one).  My female friend still has her channel with millions of subs....
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
(Feb 23rd, 2022, 02:08 AM)Moonface Wrote:

His channel was STILL monetized until an investigation of abuse was aired on prime time TV.  After that aired, Youtube completely DEmonetized all of his content.

(Feb 23rd, 2022, 06:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yes it is (see my reply right before this one).  My female friend still has her channel with millions of subs....
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:28 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
For me it's wrestling. I use to follow it religiously every single week. Raw on Monday, TNA iMPACT on Thursday, SmackDown on Friday, Velocity on Saturday Night, the WWE Experience early Sunday morning and Sunday Night Heat on Sunday nights. Plus the PPVs whenever they happened. Man those were the days.
The same could be said for NASCAR, the NFL, the NBA, the MLB and the NHL. I would watch as much sporting content as posssible each and every week. But now I couldn't care any less about the sports. They've all gone political and when I watch a sport, TV show or movie I try to get as far away from that crap as possible.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:28 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
For me it's wrestling. I use to follow it religiously every single week. Raw on Monday, TNA iMPACT on Thursday, SmackDown on Friday, Velocity on Saturday Night, the WWE Experience early Sunday morning and Sunday Night Heat on Sunday nights. Plus the PPVs whenever they happened. Man those were the days.
The same could be said for NASCAR, the NFL, the NBA, the MLB and the NHL. I would watch as much sporting content as posssible each and every week. But now I couldn't care any less about the sports. They've all gone political and when I watch a sport, TV show or movie I try to get as far away from that crap as possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Discontinued Things Do You Miss? Moonface 8 1,338 Jun 21st, 2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  How Often Do You Replace/Upgrade Things? Moonface 15 3,386 Jul 13th, 2022, 02:42 AM
Last Post: WR91