Things You Used To Like?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We all grow to like or even love things, but we don't necessarily feel that way about everything forever. What are things you used to like but either dislike now or find you don't care for as much now as you used to?

I find that most of the time, things I like and eventually grow to like less tends to be music. I used to love listening to Linkin Park, but nowadays I find their sound to be just OK and even feel like they may have moved to another sound after Minutes to Midnight because they felt their current sound wasn't going to hold up forever. I can't even remember the last time one of their songs came up in my Spotify shuffle that I didn't skip before reaching the end of. Errm

Wrestling is...maybe another thing? I don't really dislike it at all, but I used to watch it all the time and never miss a show or event. Nowadays I'll just tune in for WrestleMania and randomly see what's happening in WWE just from curiosity of whether they're actually trying out something new without ruining it or just relying on the same things.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We all grow to like or even love things, but we don't necessarily feel that way about everything forever. What are things you used to like but either dislike now or find you don't care for as much now as you used to?

I find that most of the time, things I like and eventually grow to like less tends to be music. I used to love listening to Linkin Park, but nowadays I find their sound to be just OK and even feel like they may have moved to another sound after Minutes to Midnight because they felt their current sound wasn't going to hold up forever. I can't even remember the last time one of their songs came up in my Spotify shuffle that I didn't skip before reaching the end of. Errm

Wrestling is...maybe another thing? I don't really dislike it at all, but I used to watch it all the time and never miss a show or event. Nowadays I'll just tune in for WrestleMania and randomly see what's happening in WWE just from curiosity of whether they're actually trying out something new without ruining it or just relying on the same things.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I used to love watching cartoon shows like; Animaniacs, Bobby's World, PB&J Otter. But when I tried to watch them again, I found that time wasn't very kind to these shows; like with Animaniacs. It um.. Didn't age very well. Bobby's World I understand takes place all in his imagination but if you watch it taking it at face value; it makes 0 sense. Lastly PB&J Otter I found to be mostly like the show Doug; just with different animal characters. So yea..
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I used to love watching cartoon shows like; Animaniacs, Bobby's World, PB&J Otter. But when I tried to watch them again, I found that time wasn't very kind to these shows; like with Animaniacs. It um.. Didn't age very well. Bobby's World I understand takes place all in his imagination but if you watch it taking it at face value; it makes 0 sense. Lastly PB&J Otter I found to be mostly like the show Doug; just with different animal characters. So yea..
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
People and humanity in general.

Oh, and Twitter. Their new layout makes me want to bleach my eyes.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
People and humanity in general.

Oh, and Twitter. Their new layout makes me want to bleach my eyes.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wrestling is kinda the same for me. I watch WWE Attitude Era clips just to remember how good it used to be. Am still willing to play my video games I have based on them too, if I get the desire to, or my sister wants to play. I couldn't watch WWE a lot when it was on, didn't have the channel. I don't even remember how I watched some of it in '99-00, perhaps on VHS? Then got back into it in secondary school, and watched earlier shows, then some happening at the time until '08 where I begun to lose interest. Did check about what was happening from time to time, but rarely do that now.

Sweets/Candy. I get next to nothing now. Might buy some foam mushrooms as it's a favourite of mine, but not bothered about sweets anymore. Used to like Haribo, Wine Gums (actually they'e still a possibility), foam bananas and shrimps, gummy snakes, and well all sorts. OK, a pick 'n' mix might be still cool to get to remember the good times, but I don't go out of my way to get sweets frequently like I used to.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wrestling is kinda the same for me. I watch WWE Attitude Era clips just to remember how good it used to be. Am still willing to play my video games I have based on them too, if I get the desire to, or my sister wants to play. I couldn't watch WWE a lot when it was on, didn't have the channel. I don't even remember how I watched some of it in '99-00, perhaps on VHS? Then got back into it in secondary school, and watched earlier shows, then some happening at the time until '08 where I begun to lose interest. Did check about what was happening from time to time, but rarely do that now.

Sweets/Candy. I get next to nothing now. Might buy some foam mushrooms as it's a favourite of mine, but not bothered about sweets anymore. Used to like Haribo, Wine Gums (actually they'e still a possibility), foam bananas and shrimps, gummy snakes, and well all sorts. OK, a pick 'n' mix might be still cool to get to remember the good times, but I don't go out of my way to get sweets frequently like I used to.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Wetherspoon's. If you don't know, they're a British pub chain known for their relatively cheap food and drinks (it's not the best quality, but still inexpensive for the level you're getting). I went there so much that I ended up getting bored of it!

Star Wars. I still love the Original Trilogy, and I liked The Force Awakens, but I really didn't like the way the story went in The Last Jedi (didn't even do anything with the nice mysteries that The Force Awakens set up). I'll probably still see Episode IX, but not with any particular enthusiasm or emotional investment.

The internet, outside of a few specific places (like forums and YouTube, and even YT is a pale imitation of what it once was). For me, it went down hill some time around 2006 or 2007, when it went from "a place to discover new people" to "a place to continue talking to the people you already know".
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Wetherspoon's. If you don't know, they're a British pub chain known for their relatively cheap food and drinks (it's not the best quality, but still inexpensive for the level you're getting). I went there so much that I ended up getting bored of it!

Star Wars. I still love the Original Trilogy, and I liked The Force Awakens, but I really didn't like the way the story went in The Last Jedi (didn't even do anything with the nice mysteries that The Force Awakens set up). I'll probably still see Episode IX, but not with any particular enthusiasm or emotional investment.

The internet, outside of a few specific places (like forums and YouTube, and even YT is a pale imitation of what it once was). For me, it went down hill some time around 2006 or 2007, when it went from "a place to discover new people" to "a place to continue talking to the people you already know".
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 20th, 2019, 11:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm the same, but I'm not sure if my liking for candy has gone down or not. I still enjoy candy, but I just don't want to eat as much as I used to. 

(Jul 21st, 2019, 12:39 AM)Kyng Wrote:
I never managed to like Wetherspoon's. EL and I went there one time at lunch during college, and they had the audacity to let us in, put us at a table, give us menus, and then when we wanted to order food they suddenly changed their minds and said we wasn't allowed in for being under 18. We hadn't even ordered alcohol, hadn't made any attempt to, said we wasn't going to, and yet they still pretty much wanted us gone. I don't know if it was the large group of old people in there who were the only other customers present maybe not wanting us in there and persuading the staff to get rid of us, or if they just didn't want a couple of 17 year olds in there for lunch. Whatever their reason, I won't step foot into one of those places again for any reason. If I knew what I know now, I would've demanded to speak with a manager asking exactly why we can't be served food in a restaurant just for being under 18, when there was no signs saying you had to be over 18 nor any staff asking us about our ages until 10 minutes after we walked in the door and sat down.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 20th, 2019, 11:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'm the same, but I'm not sure if my liking for candy has gone down or not. I still enjoy candy, but I just don't want to eat as much as I used to. 

(Jul 21st, 2019, 12:39 AM)Kyng Wrote:
I never managed to like Wetherspoon's. EL and I went there one time at lunch during college, and they had the audacity to let us in, put us at a table, give us menus, and then when we wanted to order food they suddenly changed their minds and said we wasn't allowed in for being under 18. We hadn't even ordered alcohol, hadn't made any attempt to, said we wasn't going to, and yet they still pretty much wanted us gone. I don't know if it was the large group of old people in there who were the only other customers present maybe not wanting us in there and persuading the staff to get rid of us, or if they just didn't want a couple of 17 year olds in there for lunch. Whatever their reason, I won't step foot into one of those places again for any reason. If I knew what I know now, I would've demanded to speak with a manager asking exactly why we can't be served food in a restaurant just for being under 18, when there was no signs saying you had to be over 18 nor any staff asking us about our ages until 10 minutes after we walked in the door and sat down.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I just realised gummy snakes may have described the candy snake I liked wrong. The simple ones that were only gummy were OK, but my favourite were the ones that were very long, and had a yellow gummy belly underneath a normal gummy top. Also know you can get the normal ones long too. They tended to weigh the pick n mix down, so you don't get as much in there. Wish I just made a bag full of them and not care about the price going way over the recommended amounts. XD

Ah yes, that Wetherspoon's bull crap. Missing out on business, was their loss in the end. I remember going there for a family outing or something, and was sometime after that debacle. I knew I was always curious how they were going to be, but I wasn't impressed enough to go and eat there again. Wasn't terrible, just nothing special.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I just realised gummy snakes may have described the candy snake I liked wrong. The simple ones that were only gummy were OK, but my favourite were the ones that were very long, and had a yellow gummy belly underneath a normal gummy top. Also know you can get the normal ones long too. They tended to weigh the pick n mix down, so you don't get as much in there. Wish I just made a bag full of them and not care about the price going way over the recommended amounts. XD

Ah yes, that Wetherspoon's bull crap. Missing out on business, was their loss in the end. I remember going there for a family outing or something, and was sometime after that debacle. I knew I was always curious how they were going to be, but I wasn't impressed enough to go and eat there again. Wasn't terrible, just nothing special.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 23rd, 2019, 09:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
You should've flexed and ordered nothing but alcohol. If you order food, then you use the alcohol as sauce for every single fry. Nothing is consumed without alcohol. Glare

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 23rd, 2019, 09:19 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
You should've flexed and ordered nothing but alcohol. If you order food, then you use the alcohol as sauce for every single fry. Nothing is consumed without alcohol. Glare
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
For me it's wrestling. I use to follow it religiously every single week. Raw on Monday, TNA iMPACT on Thursday, SmackDown on Friday, Velocity on Saturday Night, the WWE Experience early Sunday morning and Sunday Night Heat on Sunday nights. Plus the PPVs whenever they happened. Man those were the days.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
For me it's wrestling. I use to follow it religiously every single week. Raw on Monday, TNA iMPACT on Thursday, SmackDown on Friday, Velocity on Saturday Night, the WWE Experience early Sunday morning and Sunday Night Heat on Sunday nights. Plus the PPVs whenever they happened. Man those were the days.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it funny thinking of old YouTube channels I would watch like Markiplier and Vanoss Gaming back when I thought they were entertaining. Nowadays I doubt I could stomach most of their content, but I get that it's just because it caters to an audience I've aged out of.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it funny thinking of old YouTube channels I would watch like Markiplier and Vanoss Gaming back when I thought they were entertaining. Nowadays I doubt I could stomach most of their content, but I get that it's just because it caters to an audience I've aged out of.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Oct 7th, 2020, 11:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Same, with Pewdiepie for me too. I went from Pewds to Markiplier (watched a bit of the former too) to Vanoss (stopped watching the two before here). Streamers feel more genuine when they're smaller, but the first two became too big. Assume Vanoss did as well as he was at at least 3 mil subs when I stopped, I think. I watched other YouTube streamers too around those times and would swap between them but I follow next to none of those now. I recently did stick around on a Twitch stream of Trainwreckstv playing Among Us and he joined a lobby that had Pewdiepie in it, but I didn't immediately leave when that happened. I was tempted to, and did stop watching after a while but wasn't because of him. I would've left if it was his POV, though. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Oct 7th, 2020, 11:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Same, with Pewdiepie for me too. I went from Pewds to Markiplier (watched a bit of the former too) to Vanoss (stopped watching the two before here). Streamers feel more genuine when they're smaller, but the first two became too big. Assume Vanoss did as well as he was at at least 3 mil subs when I stopped, I think. I watched other YouTube streamers too around those times and would swap between them but I follow next to none of those now. I recently did stick around on a Twitch stream of Trainwreckstv playing Among Us and he joined a lobby that had Pewdiepie in it, but I didn't immediately leave when that happened. I was tempted to, and did stop watching after a while but wasn't because of him. I would've left if it was his POV, though. XD
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
XP: 192
The wrestler Hulk Hogan. I was a huge fan in the early 80's. But now he's a washed up has been. No longer a fan. lol
-=<>=-
zoldos Offline
Drake Narco
Currently Playing
The Finals
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Pronouns
Me
XP: 192
The wrestler Hulk Hogan. I was a huge fan in the early 80's. But now he's a washed up has been. No longer a fan. lol
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 24th, 2022, 01:57 AM)zoldos Wrote:
The wrestler Hulk Hogan.  I was a huge fan in the early 80's.  But now he's a washed up has been.  No longer a fan.  lol
I think most people stopped liking him after that racist video of him got out, which was made worse by his really poor attempt at apologizing for it.
Chris Benoit is another wrestler I wish I could still like but as much as he was good in the ring, I can't like the person knowing what his last moments in life were. I know his head was entirely wrecked and was a huge factor in what happened but it's still a rough situation.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 24th, 2022, 01:57 AM)zoldos Wrote:
The wrestler Hulk Hogan.  I was a huge fan in the early 80's.  But now he's a washed up has been.  No longer a fan.  lol
I think most people stopped liking him after that racist video of him got out, which was made worse by his really poor attempt at apologizing for it.
Chris Benoit is another wrestler I wish I could still like but as much as he was good in the ring, I can't like the person knowing what his last moments in life were. I know his head was entirely wrecked and was a huge factor in what happened but it's still a rough situation.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
There were definitely many eras of my life that I outgrew; some came back, others will stay in the hellfire from which they were spawned.

I'd say Naruto was the biggest thing I used to like, fell off of for a long while, then magically reentered. Definitely a cyclical "yay thing! - oh god cringe - ya know what, this ain't cringe". Becoming an adult is weird, yo.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
There were definitely many eras of my life that I outgrew; some came back, others will stay in the hellfire from which they were spawned.

I'd say Naruto was the biggest thing I used to like, fell off of for a long while, then magically reentered. Definitely a cyclical "yay thing! - oh god cringe - ya know what, this ain't cringe". Becoming an adult is weird, yo.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I honestly used to like Lets Play more now I rarely even bother with them. I still watch videos about games and occasionally might watch a let play but the days of me spending my time watching a let play series are basically past me now. I still enjoy anime, but kinda like that I don't find myself binging something as much as I used too. Its really weird.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I honestly used to like Lets Play more now I rarely even bother with them. I still watch videos about games and occasionally might watch a let play but the days of me spending my time watching a let play series are basically past me now. I still enjoy anime, but kinda like that I don't find myself binging something as much as I used too. Its really weird.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Discontinued Things Do You Miss? Moonface 8 1,339 Jun 21st, 2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  How Often Do You Replace/Upgrade Things? Moonface 15 3,386 Jul 13th, 2022, 02:42 AM
Last Post: WR91