Live Action Movies
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since live action movies are all the Disney rage right now, and I saw a tweet from IGN proposing the idea of a live action version of Disney's Recess, I was wondering what live action movies haven't been made yet that you'd like to see happen?

If like me your brain decided to leave the room and not let you have ideas (or you simply don't yearn for any live action movie ideas) then what live action movies, if any, have you seen that you thought were good overall, or had at least some redeeming quality about them? Or has everything you've seen just been terrible? XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since live action movies are all the Disney rage right now, and I saw a tweet from IGN proposing the idea of a live action version of Disney's Recess, I was wondering what live action movies haven't been made yet that you'd like to see happen?

If like me your brain decided to leave the room and not let you have ideas (or you simply don't yearn for any live action movie ideas) then what live action movies, if any, have you seen that you thought were good overall, or had at least some redeeming quality about them? Or has everything you've seen just been terrible? XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I think the 2016 Jungle Book was pretty good actually. The original animated version is 10 times better no doubt, but when I did see the live one, turned out better than I was expecting. 2017 Beauty and the Beast was almost good as the original, although I may have needed to see the animated movie again to get a better perspective on that. No idea what Aladdin will be like, but I'm not interested or most of the others coming up.

As for things not Disney, as a kid I enjoyed the TMNT The Secret of the Ooze. Probably hasn't aged well, but I remember they had the comedy down at least.
Considering live action movies adapted from anime/manga, I was dreading what was going to happen with the Gintama series, but I found I actually like what's out there. I've seen a couple of clips from the first movie, but have properly watched some of the web series they did with the actors adapting two comedy episodes along with another arc. Unfortunately they're not English subbed (at least not when I saw them), but I know what's going on anyway from remembering the anime episodes.

I'd prefer not to reminisce about bad live action I've seen or know of. D=
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I think the 2016 Jungle Book was pretty good actually. The original animated version is 10 times better no doubt, but when I did see the live one, turned out better than I was expecting. 2017 Beauty and the Beast was almost good as the original, although I may have needed to see the animated movie again to get a better perspective on that. No idea what Aladdin will be like, but I'm not interested or most of the others coming up.

As for things not Disney, as a kid I enjoyed the TMNT The Secret of the Ooze. Probably hasn't aged well, but I remember they had the comedy down at least.
Considering live action movies adapted from anime/manga, I was dreading what was going to happen with the Gintama series, but I found I actually like what's out there. I've seen a couple of clips from the first movie, but have properly watched some of the web series they did with the actors adapting two comedy episodes along with another arc. Unfortunately they're not English subbed (at least not when I saw them), but I know what's going on anyway from remembering the anime episodes.

I'd prefer not to reminisce about bad live action I've seen or know of. D=
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I find most live action stuff sits in the middle ground of enjoyable, but nothing on the level of a must-see event nor so bad it shouldn't exist. Detective Pikachu is one of my bigger live action surprises because it was one of the rarer times for me when a live action movie actually pulls off the material so well that I'd go out of my way to watch it again. I can't think of another live action movie that's done the same, although if the Sonic movie somehow pulls that off next year that may go down as the biggest live action surprise I'll ever witness, just for how terrible that project started off as.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I find most live action stuff sits in the middle ground of enjoyable, but nothing on the level of a must-see event nor so bad it shouldn't exist. Detective Pikachu is one of my bigger live action surprises because it was one of the rarer times for me when a live action movie actually pulls off the material so well that I'd go out of my way to watch it again. I can't think of another live action movie that's done the same, although if the Sonic movie somehow pulls that off next year that may go down as the biggest live action surprise I'll ever witness, just for how terrible that project started off as.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Superhero movies? Nebulous 3 615 Feb 27th, 2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Nebulous
  What's It Like Where You Live? Moonface 4 2,434 Jul 13th, 2022, 03:12 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Live Music Mr EliteL 9 7,085 Jul 13th, 2022, 02:40 AM
Last Post: WR91
  Upcoming Movies 2021 Dragon Lord 13 4,312 Oct 9th, 2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Disney/Pixar Movies Moonface 17 10,168 Jan 31st, 2021, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Moonface