Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

Above is a story trailer released as of late. Control is a video game releasing to the Xbox One, PS4, PC on August 27th, 2019.

(From Wiki) Control is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by 505 Games. The game revolves around the Federal Bureau of Control, a secret U.S. government agency tasked with containing and studying phenomena which violate the laws of reality.

I've been interested in this game since it was shown at E3 2019. I can't wait for it to release to play it. :3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

Above is a story trailer released as of late. Control is a video game releasing to the Xbox One, PS4, PC on August 27th, 2019.

(From Wiki) Control is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by 505 Games. The game revolves around the Federal Bureau of Control, a secret U.S. government agency tasked with containing and studying phenomena which violate the laws of reality.

I've been interested in this game since it was shown at E3 2019. I can't wait for it to release to play it. :3
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Awesome. I've been wondering if anyone else here liked the look of this game. Man, it releases on the 24th? That's really soon!
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Awesome. I've been wondering if anyone else here liked the look of this game. Man, it releases on the 24th? That's really soon!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've loved this game's looks and feel from day one. I was really disappointed I couldn't get to play it at PAX since there were like 4 stations that had mandatory reservations (of a 20 minute demo), but everything I've heard about the game since demos have come out for people to try is just outright positive and intriguing. I also forgot how soon this game was releasing. Definitely one of the first things I wanna play in my new house Grin

Also Atem I think you either misread or typoed, but it releases on the 27th, not the 24th Wink
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I've loved this game's looks and feel from day one. I was really disappointed I couldn't get to play it at PAX since there were like 4 stations that had mandatory reservations (of a 20 minute demo), but everything I've heard about the game since demos have come out for people to try is just outright positive and intriguing. I also forgot how soon this game was releasing. Definitely one of the first things I wanna play in my new house Grin

Also Atem I think you either misread or typoed, but it releases on the 27th, not the 24th Wink
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I had a quick look at the gameplay, and it reminds me of Prey (2017) but as a third person shooter. Prey would let you take control of things and throw items and whatnot if you had those powers, and a lot of the Control gameplay I watched features similar things to that. I assume IGN had it on an easy difficulty though since it didn't really look like the player had to avoid fire much. They were just running around in the open tossing things at people and only taking minimal damage.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I had a quick look at the gameplay, and it reminds me of Prey (2017) but as a third person shooter. Prey would let you take control of things and throw items and whatnot if you had those powers, and a lot of the Control gameplay I watched features similar things to that. I assume IGN had it on an easy difficulty though since it didn't really look like the player had to avoid fire much. They were just running around in the open tossing things at people and only taking minimal damage.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone considering this game, be warned that despite positive reviews, the game is badly optimized for almost every system it's available on.

Apparently this is varying wildly and is caused by something more than hardware, as Digital Foundry have found it can run relatively fine on one PS4 but poorly on another. Same with Xbox One and Xbox One S, with the latter being worse.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone considering this game, be warned that despite positive reviews, the game is badly optimized for almost every system it's available on.

Apparently this is varying wildly and is caused by something more than hardware, as Digital Foundry have found it can run relatively fine on one PS4 but poorly on another. Same with Xbox One and Xbox One S, with the latter being worse.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Hah, sounds to me like they intended for it to be a Playstation exclusive if you think about it, in that it runs better on the PS4 Pro over M$'s Xbox consoles.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Hah, sounds to me like they intended for it to be a Playstation exclusive if you think about it, in that it runs better on the PS4 Pro over M$'s Xbox consoles.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Actually it runs best on One X so that doesn't hold up.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Actually it runs best on One X so that doesn't hold up.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I've read some people say they think this game might have been meant for next gen hardware & plan to wait to get it for the PS5 or Nextbox. I'm kind of leaning that way myself since all I have is a PS4 Pro & 0 plans to get the Xbox1x. >~>"
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I've read some people say they think this game might have been meant for next gen hardware & plan to wait to get it for the PS5 or Nextbox. I'm kind of leaning that way myself since all I have is a PS4 Pro & 0 plans to get the Xbox1x. >~>"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen that too. I've also seen people say this is a trend with games by Remedy that get fixed later, which makes me wonder if better hardware would just be negated by them pushing that further than they should too.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen that too. I've also seen people say this is a trend with games by Remedy that get fixed later, which makes me wonder if better hardware would just be negated by them pushing that further than they should too.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's been a mixed bag from what I've been hearing, so you may have a completely fine experience regardless of what console you have, though it will probably be more likely to encounter problems on less beefed-up consoles. I'd say it's worth a chance if you have a Pro or X on hand. I'm unsure if I'd try it myself since I still have a base model PS4. Eh Hopefully they'll patch something in some time soon, or at least by the holiday when I'll consider picking this up. Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's been a mixed bag from what I've been hearing, so you may have a completely fine experience regardless of what console you have, though it will probably be more likely to encounter problems on less beefed-up consoles. I'd say it's worth a chance if you have a Pro or X on hand. I'm unsure if I'd try it myself since I still have a base model PS4. Eh Hopefully they'll patch something in some time soon, or at least by the holiday when I'll consider picking this up. Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I do have a Pro, but I'll wait for Control to drop in price over the up coming holiday season. (Though from what I've been hearing Control has already dropped in price on Amazon anyway.)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I do have a Pro, but I'll wait for Control to drop in price over the up coming holiday season. (Though from what I've been hearing Control has already dropped in price on Amazon anyway.)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I started this game over the weekend and despite the horrific frame rate issues it suffers from at times, I'm having a really good time with it! The story so far hasn't been really interesting at all, although the lore is making up for it somewhat, but hopefully it's going to start picking up now that Jesse is going to encounter her brother soon.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I started this game over the weekend and despite the horrific frame rate issues it suffers from at times, I'm having a really good time with it! The story so far hasn't been really interesting at all, although the lore is making up for it somewhat, but hopefully it's going to start picking up now that Jesse is going to encounter her brother soon.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So if you thought 2K wanting to charge $70 for NBA 2K21 was bad, Remedy and/or 505 Games have managed to do even worse with this game. If you want to get PS5/XSX enhancements for Control, you have to buy the Ultimate Edition of the game that doesn't release until this September. Got the Season Pass? Tough shit. Got the Deluxe Edition? Tough shit. Supported the game at release? Tough shit.

You have to literally buy the game again with an edition that is releasing over a year after release to ever get the content. It would be like releasing a GOTY edition of a game but including content in it that original owners can not get without buying another copy of the game again.

I get that no one is entitled to the upgrade but why not also offer the upgrade as a purchasable option for like $20 so no one has to buy another copy of the game they already own? Doing it this way is just forcing people to spend more money than they should need to. The Ultimate Edition is $40 so if you bought just the vanilla edition base game, you're looking at $100 total if you want the upgrade. Got the Season Pass? Add another $25 onto your total price. The total cost (not counting any discounts because that's hard to calculate) could range from $100 to $135 depending on what you'd bought before getting the UE. What a joke. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So if you thought 2K wanting to charge $70 for NBA 2K21 was bad, Remedy and/or 505 Games have managed to do even worse with this game. If you want to get PS5/XSX enhancements for Control, you have to buy the Ultimate Edition of the game that doesn't release until this September. Got the Season Pass? Tough shit. Got the Deluxe Edition? Tough shit. Supported the game at release? Tough shit.

You have to literally buy the game again with an edition that is releasing over a year after release to ever get the content. It would be like releasing a GOTY edition of a game but including content in it that original owners can not get without buying another copy of the game again.

I get that no one is entitled to the upgrade but why not also offer the upgrade as a purchasable option for like $20 so no one has to buy another copy of the game they already own? Doing it this way is just forcing people to spend more money than they should need to. The Ultimate Edition is $40 so if you bought just the vanilla edition base game, you're looking at $100 total if you want the upgrade. Got the Season Pass? Add another $25 onto your total price. The total cost (not counting any discounts because that's hard to calculate) could range from $100 to $135 depending on what you'd bought before getting the UE. What a joke. Errm
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I get excited whenever a game by Remedy gets announced. Control was no different. But playing it recently back in March or April I really wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic looking game but the story is so odd and strange and really takes a lot for me personally to get into.

Max Payne, Alan Wake (my 2010 game of the year) and even Quantum Break were all awesome in their own way but Control is just too different and convoluted for me to get into.

Maybe I'll give it another try down the road but yeah. 7/10
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I get excited whenever a game by Remedy gets announced. Control was no different. But playing it recently back in March or April I really wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic looking game but the story is so odd and strange and really takes a lot for me personally to get into.

Max Payne, Alan Wake (my 2010 game of the year) and even Quantum Break were all awesome in their own way but Control is just too different and convoluted for me to get into.

Maybe I'll give it another try down the road but yeah. 7/10
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": Yeah, the story is serviceable but I think what really hurts it is the ending. The game ends so abruptly compared to the pacing that it has in everything leading up to the final moments. It's fun to play, but I can't remember a thing about the overall plot and all the stands out is how disappointed I was with the ending. Eh

Hopefully they'll be able to remedy that with the sequel, which was announced today:

If it addresses the issues I had with the first game, I might get it on day one. Otherwise for now it's sitting firmly as a grab-on-discount title for me.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": Yeah, the story is serviceable but I think what really hurts it is the ending. The game ends so abruptly compared to the pacing that it has in everything leading up to the final moments. It's fun to play, but I can't remember a thing about the overall plot and all the stands out is how disappointed I was with the ending. Eh

Hopefully they'll be able to remedy that with the sequel, which was announced today:

If it addresses the issues I had with the first game, I might get it on day one. Otherwise for now it's sitting firmly as a grab-on-discount title for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,457 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  The Last of Us Part II | Remaster Announced Moonface 70 39,615 Nov 26th, 2023, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Moonface