The Last of Us [TV Show]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Neat trailer although I didn't really like the "Take on Me" song at the end of it even if it was meant to be a nod to a notable moment from Part 2. Aesthetically this series looks on point, and I'm glad the trailer didn't put a huge emphasis on the infected so people aren't misled like so many were by the original trailers for The Walking Dead, because the games are really about the people more than the infected.

Also for anyone who doesn't notice it, Troy Baker is one of David's men (the group seen in any of the snowy scenes) and Ashley Johnson is Ellie's mother (she should be easier to recognize in the trailer even if you don't know what role she has beforehand). On the note of the latter, I'm actually curious what extent the show is going to explore anything about Ellie's mother, since the games don't go into it very much. I guess it'll just be showing us how Ellie's mother gave her over to Marlene's care, but I don't feel like it's necessary to show us that when the games did a fine job by just telling us that info in small pieces through Ellie and Marlene. Hopefully that and any other things that get explored deeper in the series are actually worth it and don't just feel like unnecessary filler that fails to justify its existence over the methods that information was given in the games.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Neat trailer although I didn't really like the "Take on Me" song at the end of it even if it was meant to be a nod to a notable moment from Part 2. Aesthetically this series looks on point, and I'm glad the trailer didn't put a huge emphasis on the infected so people aren't misled like so many were by the original trailers for The Walking Dead, because the games are really about the people more than the infected.

Also for anyone who doesn't notice it, Troy Baker is one of David's men (the group seen in any of the snowy scenes) and Ashley Johnson is Ellie's mother (she should be easier to recognize in the trailer even if you don't know what role she has beforehand). On the note of the latter, I'm actually curious what extent the show is going to explore anything about Ellie's mother, since the games don't go into it very much. I guess it'll just be showing us how Ellie's mother gave her over to Marlene's care, but I don't feel like it's necessary to show us that when the games did a fine job by just telling us that info in small pieces through Ellie and Marlene. Hopefully that and any other things that get explored deeper in the series are actually worth it and don't just feel like unnecessary filler that fails to justify its existence over the methods that information was given in the games.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm not going to lie, I'm getting more and more excited for the release of The Last of Us TV show.

I really hope it doesn't disappoint.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I'm not going to lie, I'm getting more and more excited for the release of The Last of Us TV show.

I really hope it doesn't disappoint.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not a shock to see that this show has been renewed for a second season:
I've been keeping a loose eye on the show since I don't plan to get a subscription to HBO until every episode is out so I only have to buy a month of sub, but I'm really excited to see the changes being made to give the show some originality and differences to the game since they sound really good so far. Based on what I know of the plot focus so far (besides getting Ellie to the Fireflies) I reckon the first season will end with Joel finding Tommy. I wonder if Fall, Winter and Spring will make up all of season two or not though; I can't see a decent way to split it up into two seasons but it also feels like a lot of stuff to put into a single season. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not a shock to see that this show has been renewed for a second season:
I've been keeping a loose eye on the show since I don't plan to get a subscription to HBO until every episode is out so I only have to buy a month of sub, but I'm really excited to see the changes being made to give the show some originality and differences to the game since they sound really good so far. Based on what I know of the plot focus so far (besides getting Ellie to the Fireflies) I reckon the first season will end with Joel finding Tommy. I wonder if Fall, Winter and Spring will make up all of season two or not though; I can't see a decent way to split it up into two seasons but it also feels like a lot of stuff to put into a single season. Hmm
Heatman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 326
I really enjoyed playing The Last of Us Part 1 & II. I'm thrilled that they have now done a TV show adaptation of the game. I have already watched episode 1 to 3. I will watch episode 4 tonight.
Heatman Offline
Newcomer
XP: 326
I really enjoyed playing The Last of Us Part 1 & II. I'm thrilled that they have now done a TV show adaptation of the game. I have already watched episode 1 to 3. I will watch episode 4 tonight.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Moony and I are gonna watch it all in a week's time for the 7 day free HBO trial. HBO's $15/month offer is wild. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Moony and I are gonna watch it all in a week's time for the 7 day free HBO trial. HBO's $15/month offer is wild. Smile
Nomad Offline
Newcomer
XP: 330
I did not know about the game until I heard of the TV show. I have not played the game and I also have not watched the show. based on what I have read about the game and the show and based on trailer I have watched, I very much want to play the game as well as watch the show.
Nomad Offline
Newcomer
XP: 330
I did not know about the game until I heard of the TV show. I have not played the game and I also have not watched the show. based on what I have read about the game and the show and based on trailer I have watched, I very much want to play the game as well as watch the show.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2023, 04:54 PM)Nomad Wrote:
I'd definitely recommend playing the game and watching the show, as the show is not a 1:1 retelling of the games story. My suggestion would be to play the game first but I don't think it'll make a huge difference what order you choose to take. Wink

Also to comment on the Season 2 announcement, I didn't realize at the time I posted it that that season is focusing entirely on The Last of Us Part 2 which I didn't expect. I didn't think the first game could be covered entirely in one season but from what I've heard last night's episode managed to cover the entire Pittsburgh chapter in one go without feeling rushed, and that's easily the longest section of the entire game. Also heard it introduces a clicker variant not seen in the games which I'm excited to see for myself eventually. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2023, 04:54 PM)Nomad Wrote:
I'd definitely recommend playing the game and watching the show, as the show is not a 1:1 retelling of the games story. My suggestion would be to play the game first but I don't think it'll make a huge difference what order you choose to take. Wink

Also to comment on the Season 2 announcement, I didn't realize at the time I posted it that that season is focusing entirely on The Last of Us Part 2 which I didn't expect. I didn't think the first game could be covered entirely in one season but from what I've heard last night's episode managed to cover the entire Pittsburgh chapter in one go without feeling rushed, and that's easily the longest section of the entire game. Also heard it introduces a clicker variant not seen in the games which I'm excited to see for myself eventually. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just finished watching the first episode of this show and holy shit they did such a good job on practically every front. I knew going in what a lot of the changes were from the game but like the game it was so well done that knowing it beforehand doesn't really spoil or lessen the experience.

My only criticism with the first episode is near the end when Joel and the gang are leaving the QZ. For whatever reason, they notice a guard taking a piss up a wall as they're sneaking out and rather than hide and wait, they just decide to keep going and immediately get caught because of it. I just don't get why the characters would choose to do that and it took me out of how believable everything else had been up until that point.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just finished watching the first episode of this show and holy shit they did such a good job on practically every front. I knew going in what a lot of the changes were from the game but like the game it was so well done that knowing it beforehand doesn't really spoil or lessen the experience.

My only criticism with the first episode is near the end when Joel and the gang are leaving the QZ. For whatever reason, they notice a guard taking a piss up a wall as they're sneaking out and rather than hide and wait, they just decide to keep going and immediately get caught because of it. I just don't get why the characters would choose to do that and it took me out of how believable everything else had been up until that point.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Kaitlyn Dever Officially Cast as Abby for The Last of Us: Season 2
The first new cast member for the second season of HBO's The Last of Us has been announced as Kaitlyn Dever, who will be playing the role of Abby.

Can't say I see her as Abby with the photo they used but given that I had no qualms with the casting for season one I'm not going to pass judgment until I actually see her in costume and such. I just hope all the salty children don't start sending her abuse in the wake of this announcement. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Kaitlyn Dever Officially Cast as Abby for The Last of Us: Season 2
The first new cast member for the second season of HBO's The Last of Us has been announced as Kaitlyn Dever, who will be playing the role of Abby.

Can't say I see her as Abby with the photo they used but given that I had no qualms with the casting for season one I'm not going to pass judgment until I actually see her in costume and such. I just hope all the salty children don't start sending her abuse in the wake of this announcement. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced queenzelda 81 22,509 Feb 16th, 2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Game Would You Want An Anime/Show/Movie For? Moonface 4 962 Feb 12th, 2023, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface