Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't drink at all, only had a couple of instances in coming into contact with some alcohol so far though but weren't enough obviously to get me drunk. The only times I did was a bit of wine at my late Nan's many years ago, and also a bit at my brother's wedding last year.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't drink at all, only had a couple of instances in coming into contact with some alcohol so far though but weren't enough obviously to get me drunk. The only times I did was a bit of wine at my late Nan's many years ago, and also a bit at my brother's wedding last year.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same as EL. The most of gotten was buzzed, and when I can tell when that happens when I get very sleepy and light-headed. I usually drink with food so it doesn't effect me strongly considering the digestive process neutralizes most of the effects. Even then, I drink one beverage at most, which is never enough to do anything. LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same as EL. The most of gotten was buzzed, and when I can tell when that happens when I get very sleepy and light-headed. I usually drink with food so it doesn't effect me strongly considering the digestive process neutralizes most of the effects. Even then, I drink one beverage at most, which is never enough to do anything. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Gonna continue the trend here and say I too don't really drink alcohol much and have also never been drunk. When I went out to the pub often with friends at my job in England I'd only maybe have one cider each time and any other alcohol was just a shot of something my coworkers wanted me to try to see my reaction to it due to my inexperience with alcoholic beverages. XD

My dad also told me that the best time to stop drinking more alcohol is when you reach that feeling of a warm fuzzy buzz, as going past that means probably being actually drunk and he said it's a better experience to not reach that point, especially since the buzz level could go a bit further the second you walk outside and get hit by the fresh air. I've reached that buzz level once and definitely felt a change when going into fresh air so I've seen what he meant by that, and that's probably the furthest I'll ever want to go since I'd rather retain full mental control and not risk a hangover either. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Gonna continue the trend here and say I too don't really drink alcohol much and have also never been drunk. When I went out to the pub often with friends at my job in England I'd only maybe have one cider each time and any other alcohol was just a shot of something my coworkers wanted me to try to see my reaction to it due to my inexperience with alcoholic beverages. XD

My dad also told me that the best time to stop drinking more alcohol is when you reach that feeling of a warm fuzzy buzz, as going past that means probably being actually drunk and he said it's a better experience to not reach that point, especially since the buzz level could go a bit further the second you walk outside and get hit by the fresh air. I've reached that buzz level once and definitely felt a change when going into fresh air so I've seen what he meant by that, and that's probably the furthest I'll ever want to go since I'd rather retain full mental control and not risk a hangover either. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've never consumed a single drop of alcohol and I never will. I despite alcohol and I cannot stand drunken idiots. I can have a perfectly good time without relying on a substance to "enhance" the occasion.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've never consumed a single drop of alcohol and I never will. I despite alcohol and I cannot stand drunken idiots. I can have a perfectly good time without relying on a substance to "enhance" the occasion.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 10th, 2023, 06:09 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I can have a perfectly good time without relying on a substance to "enhance" the occasion.
Yeah, this is something I always remember a good story about from my time in university in England. I don't know if this is the thing to do for 18-20 year old's in the U.S. since your drinking laws require a minimum age of 21 compared to the UK's 18, but a lot of people at that age in the UK go out to nightclubs where getting shitfaced is apparently the thing to do. Anyway, one particular student in my class was someone who would go out clubbing with their friends quite often but was put on a bout of antibiotics, meaning no alcohol. Rather than miss out on clubbing entirely, they still chose to go but not consume any alcohol. After the first time of doing this, they came to class the next day to say how awful the whole experience was because without being drunk, it wasn't just incredibly dull but watching how many people were making asses of themselves due to being drunk was also uncomfortable and they went completely cold turkey on clubbing and presumably getting drunk (no idea if they just stopped alcohol entirely but they were pretty clear they had an issue of getting drunk rather than just having a casual drink and remaining sober).
I always remember that story because I had never understood the appeal of clubbing if it's only fun due to getting drunk, and this particular student was pretty adamant that clubbing isn't fun only if you're drunk until they were forced to experience it sober. I think a lot of people who do clubbing at that age though likely do it primarily because it's a place to go where it's practically only people of a similar age who can all share in the newfound freedom and legality of drinking alcohol, where most probably reach a point of no longer drinking in that manner once they get a little bit older and stop going to clubs or get enough responsibilities in their lives that don't team up well with frequent hangovers and late nights out.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 10th, 2023, 06:09 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I can have a perfectly good time without relying on a substance to "enhance" the occasion.
Yeah, this is something I always remember a good story about from my time in university in England. I don't know if this is the thing to do for 18-20 year old's in the U.S. since your drinking laws require a minimum age of 21 compared to the UK's 18, but a lot of people at that age in the UK go out to nightclubs where getting shitfaced is apparently the thing to do. Anyway, one particular student in my class was someone who would go out clubbing with their friends quite often but was put on a bout of antibiotics, meaning no alcohol. Rather than miss out on clubbing entirely, they still chose to go but not consume any alcohol. After the first time of doing this, they came to class the next day to say how awful the whole experience was because without being drunk, it wasn't just incredibly dull but watching how many people were making asses of themselves due to being drunk was also uncomfortable and they went completely cold turkey on clubbing and presumably getting drunk (no idea if they just stopped alcohol entirely but they were pretty clear they had an issue of getting drunk rather than just having a casual drink and remaining sober).
I always remember that story because I had never understood the appeal of clubbing if it's only fun due to getting drunk, and this particular student was pretty adamant that clubbing isn't fun only if you're drunk until they were forced to experience it sober. I think a lot of people who do clubbing at that age though likely do it primarily because it's a place to go where it's practically only people of a similar age who can all share in the newfound freedom and legality of drinking alcohol, where most probably reach a point of no longer drinking in that manner once they get a little bit older and stop going to clubs or get enough responsibilities in their lives that don't team up well with frequent hangovers and late nights out.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That's a very common mindset in the US as well, and the 21 legal drinking age does not stop 14-20 year olds in this country from getting absolutely shitfaced on a regular basis. Either by having their parents buy them the alcohol for at home or finding a bar that has no issues serving minors. I've talked to many people who say they can't have a good time if they aren't drunk and I have always found that to be pathetic.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That's a very common mindset in the US as well, and the 21 legal drinking age does not stop 14-20 year olds in this country from getting absolutely shitfaced on a regular basis. Either by having their parents buy them the alcohol for at home or finding a bar that has no issues serving minors. I've talked to many people who say they can't have a good time if they aren't drunk and I have always found that to be pathetic.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 11th, 2023, 04:07 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
That's a very common mindset in the US as well, and the 21 legal drinking age does not stop 14-20 year olds in this country from getting absolutely shitfaced on a regular basis. Either by having their parents buy them the alcohol for at home or finding a bar that has no issues serving minors.
I find this interesting since in the UK, we permit anyone 16-17 to drink alcohol in public if accompanied by an adult and if that drink is part of a meal, otherwise you must be 18+ to purchase and drink alcohol in public. However, within your own home alcohol is only illegal if given to a child under the age of 5. Yet I never knew anyone who consumed alcohol under the age of 18, including the kids who were more than happy to get their hands on cigarettes at the age of like 12, despite the fact that requires you to be 18 to purchase them and being caught in public smoking them under 16 can result in the police confiscating the cigarettes from you. I'd get that in public it's easier to smuggle around cigarettes compared to alcohol because of the considerable size difference, but I'm still surprised that even within their own homes or at times of the day where it might be easier to get away with it in public that those kids never seemed to do alcohol. Given how much they would flex about their cigarettes there's no way they wouldn't have mentioned alcohol, especially since that wouldn't even get them in trouble if they just claimed all their drinking was in their own home.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 11th, 2023, 04:07 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
That's a very common mindset in the US as well, and the 21 legal drinking age does not stop 14-20 year olds in this country from getting absolutely shitfaced on a regular basis. Either by having their parents buy them the alcohol for at home or finding a bar that has no issues serving minors.
I find this interesting since in the UK, we permit anyone 16-17 to drink alcohol in public if accompanied by an adult and if that drink is part of a meal, otherwise you must be 18+ to purchase and drink alcohol in public. However, within your own home alcohol is only illegal if given to a child under the age of 5. Yet I never knew anyone who consumed alcohol under the age of 18, including the kids who were more than happy to get their hands on cigarettes at the age of like 12, despite the fact that requires you to be 18 to purchase them and being caught in public smoking them under 16 can result in the police confiscating the cigarettes from you. I'd get that in public it's easier to smuggle around cigarettes compared to alcohol because of the considerable size difference, but I'm still surprised that even within their own homes or at times of the day where it might be easier to get away with it in public that those kids never seemed to do alcohol. Given how much they would flex about their cigarettes there's no way they wouldn't have mentioned alcohol, especially since that wouldn't even get them in trouble if they just claimed all their drinking was in their own home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seasonal activities? Nebulous 5 488 Sep 7th, 2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL