Xenoblade Chronicles (Series)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
With the following announcement, I thought it'd be high-time to make a topic for this series of "Xeno" games from Monolith Software (with the exception of the first entry; however, a developer from Square who worked on that title went on to develop the Monolith Soft game studio).

From the limited-release cult title for the Wii in 2012, Monolith Software has announced a remastered version of the massive open-world RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles, and will be released in 2020!
It's easy to see in this trailer how much extra detail has been brought to light with this remaster, considering the Wii's low graphical memory forced the original game to use very low texture graphics in order to run properly.

Here's an image comparison:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg] [Image: CeJ5yar.jpg]
Anyone else hyped beyond belief? I can't wait to finally finish this game. Put 40 hours in it ages ago after driving an hour and change to the nearest Gamestop that had it in stock LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
With the following announcement, I thought it'd be high-time to make a topic for this series of "Xeno" games from Monolith Software (with the exception of the first entry; however, a developer from Square who worked on that title went on to develop the Monolith Soft game studio).

From the limited-release cult title for the Wii in 2012, Monolith Software has announced a remastered version of the massive open-world RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles, and will be released in 2020!
It's easy to see in this trailer how much extra detail has been brought to light with this remaster, considering the Wii's low graphical memory forced the original game to use very low texture graphics in order to run properly.

Here's an image comparison:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg] [Image: CeJ5yar.jpg]
Anyone else hyped beyond belief? I can't wait to finally finish this game. Put 40 hours in it ages ago after driving an hour and change to the nearest Gamestop that had it in stock LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I was quite hyped, actually. This is the Xenoblade I wanted after watching a bit of a playthrough on the Wii version. I was too late though, and didn't want a pre owned one, especially when they were rare. The 3DS version didn't really capture my interest in the end. I needed it to be on a home console, or well the Switch anyway. Was slightly interested in 2, but after a while I decided against it. Or the Wii U one, but as I didn't get the console, nah. Super glad there'll be a Switch version, as I had low hopes after the 3DS port.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I was quite hyped, actually. This is the Xenoblade I wanted after watching a bit of a playthrough on the Wii version. I was too late though, and didn't want a pre owned one, especially when they were rare. The 3DS version didn't really capture my interest in the end. I needed it to be on a home console, or well the Switch anyway. Was slightly interested in 2, but after a while I decided against it. Or the Wii U one, but as I didn't get the console, nah. Super glad there'll be a Switch version, as I had low hopes after the 3DS port.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have the Wii version; but didn't invest in the NEW 3DS version. I plan to get the Switch version as well since I didn't work to get the 'good ending' the first time. So when I get the Switch version I can work towards that goal. :3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I have the Wii version; but didn't invest in the NEW 3DS version. I plan to get the Switch version as well since I didn't work to get the 'good ending' the first time. So when I get the Switch version I can work towards that goal. :3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wasn't initially wowed by the trailer when I saw it in the Direct, but that was because I forgot just how bad the original is in comparison to it. My mind thought it looked better than that, but it seems that only applies to the title screen, which was really the best looking part of XC Wii.

Also, Shira failed to mention it but there's going to be new content included to, including stuff that was cut from the original. It'll be interesting to see just how much new stuff there's going to be.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wasn't initially wowed by the trailer when I saw it in the Direct, but that was because I forgot just how bad the original is in comparison to it. My mind thought it looked better than that, but it seems that only applies to the title screen, which was really the best looking part of XC Wii.

Also, Shira failed to mention it but there's going to be new content included to, including stuff that was cut from the original. It'll be interesting to see just how much new stuff there's going to be.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, cause some of the new content was shown in the trailer for the announcement. I sort of doubt any one got that, but I did. ;3
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, cause some of the new content was shown in the trailer for the announcement. I sort of doubt any one got that, but I did. ;3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2019, 04:51 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
As someone who hasn't played the original and therefore lacks knowledge on its content, could you point out what parts of the trailer are new content? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2019, 04:51 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
As someone who hasn't played the original and therefore lacks knowledge on its content, could you point out what parts of the trailer are new content? Smile
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The part in the video where a shadowy figure of a man asks Shulk if he wants to change the future: that wasn't in the original game. The girl standing next to Shulk when looking past a fenced off area? She wasn't a character in the game originally (but they also didn't show her face, just the back of her hair & I remember characters pretty well.)

Atmo; those are the only two parts of the video that I can remember off hand that showed the newer parts added to the game. :3
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
The part in the video where a shadowy figure of a man asks Shulk if he wants to change the future: that wasn't in the original game. The girl standing next to Shulk when looking past a fenced off area? She wasn't a character in the game originally (but they also didn't show her face, just the back of her hair & I remember characters pretty well.)

Atmo; those are the only two parts of the video that I can remember off hand that showed the newer parts added to the game. :3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Release Date and Epilogue Revealed
During today's Nintendo Direct Mini, a new trailer was shown for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition:

The game will be released on May 29th, and features remastered music tracks, improved visuals and gameplay, and a new epilogue called Future Connected.

Also, a Collector's Set has been announced, and includes a steelbook case, a Sound Selection Vinyl that reflects the Monado's design, a square format poster, and a 256-page artbook.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Release Date and Epilogue Revealed
During today's Nintendo Direct Mini, a new trailer was shown for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition:

The game will be released on May 29th, and features remastered music tracks, improved visuals and gameplay, and a new epilogue called Future Connected.

Also, a Collector's Set has been announced, and includes a steelbook case, a Sound Selection Vinyl that reflects the Monado's design, a square format poster, and a 256-page artbook.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It should be noted that the Steelbook Case and the Vinyl Soundtrack are only available in the European collector's edition. The North American one only gets a box and an artbook.

Nintendo of America really wants you to pay $80 for a box and an artbook. Hilarious.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It should be noted that the Steelbook Case and the Vinyl Soundtrack are only available in the European collector's edition. The North American one only gets a box and an artbook.

Nintendo of America really wants you to pay $80 for a box and an artbook. Hilarious.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I found it odd that the trailer I linked had extra stuff mentioned, but I just assumed it wasn't covered in the Direct rather than being region exclusive. So the US doesn't even get the vinyl? Lame.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I found it odd that the trailer I linked had extra stuff mentioned, but I just assumed it wasn't covered in the Direct rather than being region exclusive. So the US doesn't even get the vinyl? Lame.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wow. Well I'm not shocked, but I'd be damned if I were to pay almost $90 for the game again. But... it is tempting. Though this stuff is region-free Hmm

Still that trailer looked gorgeous and I'm so happy they announced an epilogue. I didn't get to the end myself (40 hours in), but I'm hype for it. Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wow. Well I'm not shocked, but I'd be damned if I were to pay almost $90 for the game again. But... it is tempting. Though this stuff is region-free Hmm

Still that trailer looked gorgeous and I'm so happy they announced an epilogue. I didn't get to the end myself (40 hours in), but I'm hype for it. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 27th, 2020, 12:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Though this stuff is region-free Hmm
I thought Switch games were region locked?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 27th, 2020, 12:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Though this stuff is region-free Hmm
I thought Switch games were region locked?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nah, Switch is region-free. I know because a lot of Project DIVA fans imported MegaMix instead of waiting for the localized version.

I probably wasn't going to get any special edition of this, and Vinyl soundtracks are meh, so it's not a big loss to me, but it sucks for others in NA who wanted to get it and instead get greeted with a super shitty version of it.

I'll stick to the standard version since I'm still not sold on this game being all that good and I'm really only going to get it and try it due to lack of any games to play on the Switch.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Nah, Switch is region-free. I know because a lot of Project DIVA fans imported MegaMix instead of waiting for the localized version.

I probably wasn't going to get any special edition of this, and Vinyl soundtracks are meh, so it's not a big loss to me, but it sucks for others in NA who wanted to get it and instead get greeted with a super shitty version of it.

I'll stick to the standard version since I'm still not sold on this game being all that good and I'm really only going to get it and try it due to lack of any games to play on the Switch.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Completely forgot this Switch version is a game I am interested in. Awesome there's an extra story bit at the end which makes this worth to get. I see a character I don't recognise though, but no biggie.

Really is annoying there's still region exclusive stuff. I'll probably go for the game only.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Completely forgot this Switch version is a game I am interested in. Awesome there's an extra story bit at the end which makes this worth to get. I see a character I don't recognise though, but no biggie.

Really is annoying there's still region exclusive stuff. I'll probably go for the game only.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 27th, 2020, 10:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Annoying but at least you're in the region with the good special edition. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 27th, 2020, 10:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Annoying but at least you're in the region with the good special edition. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,944 8 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 26,001 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,456 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,271 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,849 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface