The 2010's and Gaming | 2019 PS Wrap-Up
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With the decade almost over, what do you think will be remembered about gaming during the 2010's? What will you personally remember from it?

In a general sense, the 2010's will definitely be remembered as the time when the battle royale genre took off, loot boxes became such a notorious replacement for regular DLC that countries and companies are trying to get them regulated or banned, and the indie scene blew up and put out consistently good games on par to or better than what AAA companies can produce.

For games, Fortnite will absolutely be a staple game of the 2010's given how it's basically this decades Minecraft in regards to popularity. Overwatch will be another notable multiplayer based game from the 2010 decade. I expect a lot of the remakes or reboots will be remembered too for how they revitalised franchises such as Doom, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Resident Evil, etc. The rest are just going to be any that were stupidly good sellers like GTA V and RDR2, or notable platform exclusives like The Last of Us, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Breath of the Wild, etc.

Not sure yet what I'll continue to remember from it, so I'll come back to that later. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
With the decade almost over, what do you think will be remembered about gaming during the 2010's? What will you personally remember from it?

In a general sense, the 2010's will definitely be remembered as the time when the battle royale genre took off, loot boxes became such a notorious replacement for regular DLC that countries and companies are trying to get them regulated or banned, and the indie scene blew up and put out consistently good games on par to or better than what AAA companies can produce.

For games, Fortnite will absolutely be a staple game of the 2010's given how it's basically this decades Minecraft in regards to popularity. Overwatch will be another notable multiplayer based game from the 2010 decade. I expect a lot of the remakes or reboots will be remembered too for how they revitalised franchises such as Doom, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Resident Evil, etc. The rest are just going to be any that were stupidly good sellers like GTA V and RDR2, or notable platform exclusives like The Last of Us, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Breath of the Wild, etc.

Not sure yet what I'll continue to remember from it, so I'll come back to that later. Tongue
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
For me I remember the games that drug me into their world, like Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Yes, I know that some considers it to be 'garbage' but, what they consider trash is stuff I like & thus my treasure. For me the story drug me in, along with the game play which I still go back to every now & then. I loved it, even if everyone else didn't.

Another story I loved was the one for Catherine. I never played the game; I watched it played by the Radbrad on youtube but the way he played it made me love the story & how the game played out. With the new game releasing with an easy mode & I don't have to worry about timers I'm actually considering getting it this time around. xD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
For me I remember the games that drug me into their world, like Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Yes, I know that some considers it to be 'garbage' but, what they consider trash is stuff I like & thus my treasure. For me the story drug me in, along with the game play which I still go back to every now & then. I loved it, even if everyone else didn't.

Another story I loved was the one for Catherine. I never played the game; I watched it played by the Radbrad on youtube but the way he played it made me love the story & how the game played out. With the new game releasing with an easy mode & I don't have to worry about timers I'm actually considering getting it this time around. xD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For story, I think the most stand out title in the 2010's for me is The Last of Us. It's the only game I've ever played where I had to take breaks after certain story events.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For story, I think the most stand out title in the 2010's for me is The Last of Us. It's the only game I've ever played where I had to take breaks after certain story events.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I think the 2010's will be remembered for the dominance of online gaming and multiplayer. Will still be the biggest part in 2020's, if not one of them. Pretty much every game has some kind of online connectivity now, that being either for MP servers, purchasing new content, sharing data, and more.

For me, I'll remember 2010's mainly for Dragon's Dogma and how that became my second favourite game of all time, Uncharted (started playing the series with 2 later than '09), and Tekken Tag 2/Tekken 7. Don't think I enjoyed playing anything else more than these really, nor stood out enough for me.

Also will remember it for my declining interest in gaming too, unfortunately. Sometimes I find myself with a console on, maybe a game on, and just sitting there with the menu up not doing anything.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I think the 2010's will be remembered for the dominance of online gaming and multiplayer. Will still be the biggest part in 2020's, if not one of them. Pretty much every game has some kind of online connectivity now, that being either for MP servers, purchasing new content, sharing data, and more.

For me, I'll remember 2010's mainly for Dragon's Dogma and how that became my second favourite game of all time, Uncharted (started playing the series with 2 later than '09), and Tekken Tag 2/Tekken 7. Don't think I enjoyed playing anything else more than these really, nor stood out enough for me.

Also will remember it for my declining interest in gaming too, unfortunately. Sometimes I find myself with a console on, maybe a game on, and just sitting there with the menu up not doing anything.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
All I can say is "f*** this decade".

This will be the decade forever known when the gaming industry became too big and greedy for its own good. It will be the decade that the long-standing abuse of employees finally came to light. When Valve and Steam went off the deep end, leading to the current flood of hackjobs and asset flips that crowds the marketplace.

This will be the decade that gave us the debacle that was Mighty No. 9, or Anthem, or Star Wars Battlefront 2. It will be the rise and fall of Tell-Tale Games. It will be the decade that the public finally revolted against these game publishers and caused the video game crash that will mar the next decade. As far as I'm concerned, this decade can burn in hell. Here's hoping to a better one.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
All I can say is "f*** this decade".

This will be the decade forever known when the gaming industry became too big and greedy for its own good. It will be the decade that the long-standing abuse of employees finally came to light. When Valve and Steam went off the deep end, leading to the current flood of hackjobs and asset flips that crowds the marketplace.

This will be the decade that gave us the debacle that was Mighty No. 9, or Anthem, or Star Wars Battlefront 2. It will be the rise and fall of Tell-Tale Games. It will be the decade that the public finally revolted against these game publishers and caused the video game crash that will mar the next decade. As far as I'm concerned, this decade can burn in hell. Here's hoping to a better one.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For all the bad you mentioned @Maniakkid25, plenty of good came. I think story telling vastly improved this decade, tolerance of bullshit practices went down, and any poor AAA moments helped the indie scene shine more as they showed how you're supposed to do it. Even SW:BF2 had to change what it was originally doing because people wouldn't take it. If the bad stuff had caused a problem that wasn't showing signs of going away or being responded to harshly, I'd agree the decade was problematic. But going forward I really doubt those things will become more prominent. Even the hardware side of things learned the hard way and I doubt any console maker is going to dare pull the same stunt again without seeing a similar or worse reaction to what the Xbox One got.

So I was thinking last night of what I think are the best trailers for games I saw in this decade (which is a lot of trailers to remember) and so far, these two are up there for me:

The LBP2 one is likely to remain as my favourite trailer for this decade and all time. It's the only trailer I have ever watched that got me feeling euphorically emotional and still does. FFVII Remake would be in there too but my big draw to that trailer was the crowd reaction at the end, which to me isn't part of the actual trailer itself. Tekken 7's Rage & Sorrow trailer is the best one I've seen for any fighting game, although there are plenty I've never seen so feel free to send anything my way that you think is on par or better to it. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For all the bad you mentioned @Maniakkid25, plenty of good came. I think story telling vastly improved this decade, tolerance of bullshit practices went down, and any poor AAA moments helped the indie scene shine more as they showed how you're supposed to do it. Even SW:BF2 had to change what it was originally doing because people wouldn't take it. If the bad stuff had caused a problem that wasn't showing signs of going away or being responded to harshly, I'd agree the decade was problematic. But going forward I really doubt those things will become more prominent. Even the hardware side of things learned the hard way and I doubt any console maker is going to dare pull the same stunt again without seeing a similar or worse reaction to what the Xbox One got.

So I was thinking last night of what I think are the best trailers for games I saw in this decade (which is a lot of trailers to remember) and so far, these two are up there for me:

The LBP2 one is likely to remain as my favourite trailer for this decade and all time. It's the only trailer I have ever watched that got me feeling euphorically emotional and still does. FFVII Remake would be in there too but my big draw to that trailer was the crowd reaction at the end, which to me isn't part of the actual trailer itself. Tekken 7's Rage & Sorrow trailer is the best one I've seen for any fighting game, although there are plenty I've never seen so feel free to send anything my way that you think is on par or better to it. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Geez I thought I made my earlier post in October or November, was this topic really made in September?!

Anyway, wanted to add Octopath Traveler and Code Vein to my top favourite games this decade, wondered why I didn't mention them.

Agree on that Tekken 7 trailer and LBP2. Kinda makes me wish I was more into LBP2, but my interest died off at some point. Most likely other games drew me in more. Really can't remember why.
Uncharted 4's E3 2014 is another of my favourite trailers that instantly got me hooked, can't remember if there was any others which did that for me. T7 did to a degree but I had my slight doubts on gameplay to sell it to me at first. UC4 I knew I would buy, and I did even before I bought my first PS4 console.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Geez I thought I made my earlier post in October or November, was this topic really made in September?!

Anyway, wanted to add Octopath Traveler and Code Vein to my top favourite games this decade, wondered why I didn't mention them.

Agree on that Tekken 7 trailer and LBP2. Kinda makes me wish I was more into LBP2, but my interest died off at some point. Most likely other games drew me in more. Really can't remember why.
Uncharted 4's E3 2014 is another of my favourite trailers that instantly got me hooked, can't remember if there was any others which did that for me. T7 did to a degree but I had my slight doubts on gameplay to sell it to me at first. UC4 I knew I would buy, and I did even before I bought my first PS4 console.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I remembered there was a WWE 2K trailer that I really liked from this decade, and while looking for it (because I couldn't remember what year it was for) I saw this one and I'm actually really fond of the way this one is done. It reminds me of the old school WWE PPV commercials.

The one I was looking for is this one though. I very nearly bought WWE 2K15 because of how good this trailer is done. Definitely the best WWE game trailer this decade (if not period, but there's so many of these games it would take a while to watch all their trailers).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I remembered there was a WWE 2K trailer that I really liked from this decade, and while looking for it (because I couldn't remember what year it was for) I saw this one and I'm actually really fond of the way this one is done. It reminds me of the old school WWE PPV commercials.

The one I was looking for is this one though. I very nearly bought WWE 2K15 because of how good this trailer is done. Definitely the best WWE game trailer this decade (if not period, but there's so many of these games it would take a while to watch all their trailers).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone who didn't see it yet, Sony is hosting a PlayStation 2019 Wrap-Up that shows you what you played and how much in 2019:
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/campai...19/wrap-up
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2019/wrap-up

These are what my stats turned out to be:

Top Games
  • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (192 hours)
  • The Last of Us Remastered (90 hours)
  • Hitman 2 (61 hours)
Total Games Played: 18
Top Genre: Action-Adventure (13 games, 306 trophies, 325 hours)
Total Hours Played: 563 (477 hours locally, 86 hours online)
Longest Streak: 7 hours
Total Trophies: 432 (321 bronze, 82 silver, 26 gold, 3 platinum)
Most Played Online Game: The Last of Us Remastered (48 hours)

I find it hard to believe I spent more time playing TLoU than CTR. I was confused by it claiming I never downloaded a single PS+ title since that's how I got TLoU to begin with, but I realised Shira has PS+ and I download the titles through her account, not mine. Also, apparently my title for 2019 is Action Hero.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone who didn't see it yet, Sony is hosting a PlayStation 2019 Wrap-Up that shows you what you played and how much in 2019:
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/campai...19/wrap-up
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2019/wrap-up

These are what my stats turned out to be:

Top Games
  • Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (192 hours)
  • The Last of Us Remastered (90 hours)
  • Hitman 2 (61 hours)
Total Games Played: 18
Top Genre: Action-Adventure (13 games, 306 trophies, 325 hours)
Total Hours Played: 563 (477 hours locally, 86 hours online)
Longest Streak: 7 hours
Total Trophies: 432 (321 bronze, 82 silver, 26 gold, 3 platinum)
Most Played Online Game: The Last of Us Remastered (48 hours)

I find it hard to believe I spent more time playing TLoU than CTR. I was confused by it claiming I never downloaded a single PS+ title since that's how I got TLoU to begin with, but I realised Shira has PS+ and I download the titles through her account, not mine. Also, apparently my title for 2019 is Action Hero.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Top games:

-Borderlands The Handsome Collection (378 hours)
-Persona 5 (349)
-Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (322)

Total games: 24
Top genre: Action-Adventure
Hours clocked: 2065 (1982 locally, 83 online)
Longest Streak: 24 hours
Total trophies: 649 (14 Platinum, 57 Gold, 137 Silver, 441 Bronze)
Most played online game: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

I question the top genre being action-adventure. Their system must count action RPGs as action-adventure games, because that's the only way I can see it being that instead of Role-Playing Game. So something like Tales of Vesperia is probably considered Action-Adventure in the system instead of properly being counted as an Action Role-Playing Game.

I also love how inflated by times for BL, P5 and ToV are just due to me getting distracted by either watching a stream or playing Azur Lane on my phone while I was in the middle of playing those games.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Top games:

-Borderlands The Handsome Collection (378 hours)
-Persona 5 (349)
-Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (322)

Total games: 24
Top genre: Action-Adventure
Hours clocked: 2065 (1982 locally, 83 online)
Longest Streak: 24 hours
Total trophies: 649 (14 Platinum, 57 Gold, 137 Silver, 441 Bronze)
Most played online game: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

I question the top genre being action-adventure. Their system must count action RPGs as action-adventure games, because that's the only way I can see it being that instead of Role-Playing Game. So something like Tales of Vesperia is probably considered Action-Adventure in the system instead of properly being counted as an Action Role-Playing Game.

I also love how inflated by times for BL, P5 and ToV are just due to me getting distracted by either watching a stream or playing Azur Lane on my phone while I was in the middle of playing those games.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Top Games:

1. CRASH TEAM RACING NITRO-FUELED (238 hours)
2. CODE VEIN (134 hours)
3. TEKKEN 7 (93 hours)

Total Games Played: 8
Top Genre: Driving/Racing (1 game, 37 trophies, 238 hours)
Clocked Hours: 586 (537 local, 49 online) 8 hour longest gaming streak
Prime Time: Tuesday Afternoons
Trophies Earned: 105 (85 bronze, 18 silver, 2 gold)
Most played game online: CTR:NF (49 hours)
2019 title: Speed Demon

Oof, barely over 2 days online. My PS+ sub has been going to waste. Got until around my birthday to try and fix that. Quite surprised my CTR time is that high and more than your time, Moony. I don't know how. XD Having trouble remembering what other games I played, as I only know of updating Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle and Cyberdimension Neptunia being the other title that would be a chunk of the remaining time, but not sure how much exactly (465 to 586, 121 difference). Was also surprised my prime time was Tuesday, although I kinda see why as that was the day I didn't really do much in the weeks.

Would like to see my Switch data, but then again I've got even less games there. XD *tries to check his Switch* Really, Nintendo? I need the Parental Controls app to see my own usage data? How I miss 3DS' Activity Log.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Top Games:

1. CRASH TEAM RACING NITRO-FUELED (238 hours)
2. CODE VEIN (134 hours)
3. TEKKEN 7 (93 hours)

Total Games Played: 8
Top Genre: Driving/Racing (1 game, 37 trophies, 238 hours)
Clocked Hours: 586 (537 local, 49 online) 8 hour longest gaming streak
Prime Time: Tuesday Afternoons
Trophies Earned: 105 (85 bronze, 18 silver, 2 gold)
Most played game online: CTR:NF (49 hours)
2019 title: Speed Demon

Oof, barely over 2 days online. My PS+ sub has been going to waste. Got until around my birthday to try and fix that. Quite surprised my CTR time is that high and more than your time, Moony. I don't know how. XD Having trouble remembering what other games I played, as I only know of updating Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle and Cyberdimension Neptunia being the other title that would be a chunk of the remaining time, but not sure how much exactly (465 to 586, 121 difference). Was also surprised my prime time was Tuesday, although I kinda see why as that was the day I didn't really do much in the weeks.

Would like to see my Switch data, but then again I've got even less games there. XD *tries to check his Switch* Really, Nintendo? I need the Parental Controls app to see my own usage data? How I miss 3DS' Activity Log.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 75 Mar 23rd, 2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Latest Gaming Purchase Mr EliteL 357 125,216 Mar 21st, 2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,533 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  How Much Do You Think NFT's Will Be Injected into Gaming? Moonface 11 3,918 Feb 9th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nomad
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,702 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface