What Was Your Experience of 9/11/2001?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 13th, 2022, 07:30 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2022, 06:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2022, 03:22 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
and my teacher got a phone call about it as her son was actually supposed to be in that very building that day for work. She started crying and turned on the TV.
Was her son actually there that day or did he turn out to be one of the lucky few who wasn't there that day?
He wasn't there. He slept in and was on his way there when it happened.
Holy shit what luck! I've heard a few stories about people who were meant to be there that day and weren't; the worst I heard was a guy who shift swapped with a friend and so they stayed home while their friend went to work on what would've been the latter's day off. The survivor's guilt for such a thing must be unfathomable. Sad
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 13th, 2022, 07:30 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2022, 06:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 13th, 2022, 03:22 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
and my teacher got a phone call about it as her son was actually supposed to be in that very building that day for work. She started crying and turned on the TV.
Was her son actually there that day or did he turn out to be one of the lucky few who wasn't there that day?
He wasn't there. He slept in and was on his way there when it happened.
Holy shit what luck! I've heard a few stories about people who were meant to be there that day and weren't; the worst I heard was a guy who shift swapped with a friend and so they stayed home while their friend went to work on what would've been the latter's day off. The survivor's guilt for such a thing must be unfathomable. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's Something You'd Like To Experience? Moonface 7 1,220 May 12th, 2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What's Something You'd Never Do or Want to Experience Again? Moonface 17 3,764 Jan 24th, 2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Moonface