I am thou, thou art I | Karo
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You may be hiding it on your profile but you can't fool me! Happy Birthday @Karo! Grin

I know school has been overwhelming for you lately but I hope you get to enjoy today at least. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
You may be hiding it on your profile but you can't fool me! Happy Birthday @Karo! Grin

I know school has been overwhelming for you lately but I hope you get to enjoy today at least. ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Happy Birthday, Karo! Wishing you all the best on your studies and such, and yes enjoy today as much as you can.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Happy Birthday, Karo! Wishing you all the best on your studies and such, and yes enjoy today as much as you can.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Happiest birthday to the birthday girl!!

Hope you enjoyed your day and got at least a little break from all your school deadlines and such Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Happiest birthday to the birthday girl!!

Hope you enjoyed your day and got at least a little break from all your school deadlines and such Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Thank you! <3 I have been enjoying it! I'm sorry for not being on much lately, but I'll try to get better at it.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Thank you! <3 I have been enjoying it! I'm sorry for not being on much lately, but I'll try to get better at it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 20th, 2022, 09:15 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'm sorry for not being on much lately, but I'll try to get better at it.
Well if anything you can always just check in like once a week with just a log in or a post so we know you're not dead. Everyone knows you die on the internet if you're not seen for more than 48 hours. Whistle

Did you get anything for your birthday btw? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 20th, 2022, 09:15 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'm sorry for not being on much lately, but I'll try to get better at it.
Well if anything you can always just check in like once a week with just a log in or a post so we know you're not dead. Everyone knows you die on the internet if you're not seen for more than 48 hours. Whistle

Did you get anything for your birthday btw? Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So since it's been a bit since most of us here have seen or heard from you at all, what you been up to in recent times? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So since it's been a bit since most of us here have seen or heard from you at all, what you been up to in recent times? Tongue
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly I mostly just been relaxing and playing random things. It feel like time goes faster and faster and honestly I am feeling a bit nervous about the future. This spring assuming I don't fail anything I'll be graduating and after that comes the job search and honestly I haven't thought about it much cause it always felt so far away, but now it around the corner I'm hoping to get something that'll help me pay my loans down but it'll also be nice to have a more consistent flow of cash.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly I mostly just been relaxing and playing random things. It feel like time goes faster and faster and honestly I am feeling a bit nervous about the future. This spring assuming I don't fail anything I'll be graduating and after that comes the job search and honestly I haven't thought about it much cause it always felt so far away, but now it around the corner I'm hoping to get something that'll help me pay my loans down but it'll also be nice to have a more consistent flow of cash.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How much you got in loans at this point? Gasp
Also what games? Assuming they're none of the ones I saw in your Steam profile way back before you made it private. Whistle

And yeah, time feels like such a pain to try and get under control. I need to remember to make a thread discussing time management and such in general because I had the idea a little bit ago but then never did it. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How much you got in loans at this point? Gasp
Also what games? Assuming they're none of the ones I saw in your Steam profile way back before you made it private. Whistle

And yeah, time feels like such a pain to try and get under control. I need to remember to make a thread discussing time management and such in general because I had the idea a little bit ago but then never did it. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think I'll be at like 26k when I finish? It honestly not the best but not the worst, but due to the whole thing about it I'm assuming there will be some programs that will help me manage it by the time I get out and it enter repayment. I probably could have done it in less if I haven't messed up? But oh well.

I may have made it private due to......*wholesome games* likes Nekopara. <.< I have been playing Yugioh Master Duels, Minecraft, Terraria, DST, and FFXIV as of recently?

Time management is the worst thing you ever have to learn.

Edit: Googling it over 30k is the average amount borrowed for a bachelors so I'm pretty much on pace for that.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I think I'll be at like 26k when I finish? It honestly not the best but not the worst, but due to the whole thing about it I'm assuming there will be some programs that will help me manage it by the time I get out and it enter repayment. I probably could have done it in less if I haven't messed up? But oh well.

I may have made it private due to......*wholesome games* likes Nekopara. <.< I have been playing Yugioh Master Duels, Minecraft, Terraria, DST, and FFXIV as of recently?

Edit: Googling it over 30k is the average amount borrowed for a bachelors so I'm pretty much on pace for that.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I believe in you Karo, and congrats on almost completing your BA! It's a BA right? What specialization again? Studio Art?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I believe in you Karo, and congrats on almost completing your BA! It's a BA right? What specialization again? Studio Art?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah when you think something is so far away, all of a sudden time is approaching that end very quickly. Really hope you can complete and graduate then, I echo what Shira said; you can do it! Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah when you think something is so far away, all of a sudden time is approaching that end very quickly. Really hope you can complete and graduate then, I echo what Shira said; you can do it! Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 26th, 2023, 05:12 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Printing, Drawing, and Painting the funny thing about it is for the newer student it now printmaking is separated off into it own thing. And yup I already got my AA so once I have my BA I'm done for now thank you for the well wishes. <3

I should be able too I feel like I bit off more than I could chew for studio classes a lot of the time mainly cause quite a few of them really do demand that you be in the studio to make the most amount of progress outside of class.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jul 26th, 2023, 05:12 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Printing, Drawing, and Painting the funny thing about it is for the newer student it now printmaking is separated off into it own thing. And yup I already got my AA so once I have my BA I'm done for now thank you for the well wishes. <3

I should be able too I feel like I bit off more than I could chew for studio classes a lot of the time mainly cause quite a few of them really do demand that you be in the studio to make the most amount of progress outside of class.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Studio classes are pretty intensive, yeah. But you've done it, and I'm sure they look awesome!

What types of jobs were you hoping to get out of your degree? Illustration jobs? Art therapy? I've never quite known what could be done with a degree like that Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Studio classes are pretty intensive, yeah. But you've done it, and I'm sure they look awesome!

What types of jobs were you hoping to get out of your degree? Illustration jobs? Art therapy? I've never quite known what could be done with a degree like that Hmm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
To be honest more likely any job really? The only one I wouldn't really want would be an art teacher job? I did think about seeing if I could do something in graphic design? But most likely I'm just going to go for whatever available and the most pay? I'll admit I mostly choice that degree cause I wanted to get the BA and I wanted to learn more about creating art? Not the most sound financial decision I've made. (Well I'll really know if it was a bad decision after I graduate and repayment start)

As for what jobs honestly from what I looked this degree more likely seem to be the type of degree that you get but it overlaps with other art related jobs really? I think company would prefer it if you did specialize in that specific thing rather than studio fine arts? But from what I googled it seem like if you have a good portfolio you could potentially get a graphic design job you could also work at an art museum, art therapist like you mentioned, art teacher, various form of artist design concepts like you could be the person that design the ads and apparently musical stuff? I'll admit I didn't really do a deep dive more like a very quick look at what google said. You can also be the type of artist that legit sells their work to make money and entering exhibitions and stuff.

I don't think I'll be applying for theater or musical jobs though. I am a bit worried, but I am getting what I want out of it really?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
To be honest more likely any job really? The only one I wouldn't really want would be an art teacher job? I did think about seeing if I could do something in graphic design? But most likely I'm just going to go for whatever available and the most pay? I'll admit I mostly choice that degree cause I wanted to get the BA and I wanted to learn more about creating art? Not the most sound financial decision I've made. (Well I'll really know if it was a bad decision after I graduate and repayment start)

As for what jobs honestly from what I looked this degree more likely seem to be the type of degree that you get but it overlaps with other art related jobs really? I think company would prefer it if you did specialize in that specific thing rather than studio fine arts? But from what I googled it seem like if you have a good portfolio you could potentially get a graphic design job you could also work at an art museum, art therapist like you mentioned, art teacher, various form of artist design concepts like you could be the person that design the ads and apparently musical stuff? I'll admit I didn't really do a deep dive more like a very quick look at what google said. You can also be the type of artist that legit sells their work to make money and entering exhibitions and stuff.

I don't think I'll be applying for theater or musical jobs though. I am a bit worried, but I am getting what I want out of it really?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 26th, 2023, 01:50 AM)Karo Wrote:

Eh, $26k sounds rather reasonable to me and based on my impressions of the US college system it actually sounds a lot less than I'd expect. Back when I was doing university in the UK, it was about £3000 a year (our system does not work on a semester based system like the US because you don't apply per semester, it's very different), so a three year course would be just under £9000. However, the pricing went up I believe and can now be like £7000-£9000 a year so I suspect a lot of university courses in the UK are now like £20000+ in total (assuming it's a three year course) which converted to US dollars isn't too far from what your total is, except I'd argue the US college system is leaps and bounds better than the shite the UK offers (in terms of its merits as an educational system without the money factored in).

I....can not recall what DST stands for except for Daylight Savings Time which I'm sure is not the game you're playing. ROFL
I don't recall you ever mentioning playing Terraria in the past, so either I'm forgetting or you picked that up at some point recently-ish. Minecraft is something I haven't touched in a long while now; I played for a little bit longer after our server went offline but I haven't really had any desire to just spend time chilling and making stuff in the game which is what I prefer to do more than the survival side of things (as evidenced by being the base builder on the server lol).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 26th, 2023, 01:50 AM)Karo Wrote:

Eh, $26k sounds rather reasonable to me and based on my impressions of the US college system it actually sounds a lot less than I'd expect. Back when I was doing university in the UK, it was about £3000 a year (our system does not work on a semester based system like the US because you don't apply per semester, it's very different), so a three year course would be just under £9000. However, the pricing went up I believe and can now be like £7000-£9000 a year so I suspect a lot of university courses in the UK are now like £20000+ in total (assuming it's a three year course) which converted to US dollars isn't too far from what your total is, except I'd argue the US college system is leaps and bounds better than the shite the UK offers (in terms of its merits as an educational system without the money factored in).

I....can not recall what DST stands for except for Daylight Savings Time which I'm sure is not the game you're playing. ROFL
I don't recall you ever mentioning playing Terraria in the past, so either I'm forgetting or you picked that up at some point recently-ish. Minecraft is something I haven't touched in a long while now; I played for a little bit longer after our server went offline but I haven't really had any desire to just spend time chilling and making stuff in the game which is what I prefer to do more than the survival side of things (as evidenced by being the base builder on the server lol).