Best Seasonal Levels/Environments?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, New Years and more. (I know the last set aren't seasons but they get associated with seasons so may as well be in here). What are your favourite levels/environments that are focused around a particular season?

Since Halloween isn't far away I'll share this level that I always have fond memories of (until I play the game again one day and find I'm seeing it through rose tinted glasses), Level 7 from The Simpsons: Hit & Run. Despite the whole game taking place in the last week of October it doesn't ever feel or look like Fall until you reach this level; however, it only has a Fall look to it because of the Halloween vibe it gets.

Winterville from Ape Escape 3 is one of my favourite winter themed levels in any video-game. The music is on point too which makes it even better! Grin

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, New Years and more. (I know the last set aren't seasons but they get associated with seasons so may as well be in here). What are your favourite levels/environments that are focused around a particular season?

Since Halloween isn't far away I'll share this level that I always have fond memories of (until I play the game again one day and find I'm seeing it through rose tinted glasses), Level 7 from The Simpsons: Hit & Run. Despite the whole game taking place in the last week of October it doesn't ever feel or look like Fall until you reach this level; however, it only has a Fall look to it because of the Halloween vibe it gets.

Winterville from Ape Escape 3 is one of my favourite winter themed levels in any video-game. The music is on point too which makes it even better! Grin

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That is one of my favorite depictions of Winter, as well =3

One of my favorite implementations of seasons was in Pokemon Black/White (and the sequels, which is where this GIF is from).

[Image: giphy.gif]

They would cycle out every real-life month, and you could catch different Pokemon in those times--even seasonal variants of Pokemon!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That is one of my favorite depictions of Winter, as well =3

One of my favorite implementations of seasons was in Pokemon Black/White (and the sequels, which is where this GIF is from).

[Image: giphy.gif]

They would cycle out every real-life month, and you could catch different Pokemon in those times--even seasonal variants of Pokemon!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Do any other Pokemon games do that @"ShiraNoSpook"? I never noticed it being a thing for XY and this is also the first time I've heard that it was ever a feature.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Do any other Pokemon games do that @"ShiraNoSpook"? I never noticed it being a thing for XY and this is also the first time I've heard that it was ever a feature.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
As someone who also plays Pokemon; Pokemon Black/White was the only Pokemon title to go through the seasons. Hopefully that game mechanic returns in newer titles.

Another title that goes through the seasons really well is the Animal Crossing titles. Since you can play through winter, spring, summer, & fall as it happens irl.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
As someone who also plays Pokemon; Pokemon Black/White was the only Pokemon title to go through the seasons. Hopefully that game mechanic returns in newer titles.

Another title that goes through the seasons really well is the Animal Crossing titles. Since you can play through winter, spring, summer, & fall as it happens irl.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Games Do Difficulty Levels Well? Moonface 2 335 Sep 20th, 2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Sky Themed Levels/Games Moonface 2 567 Jul 1st, 2023, 01:51 PM
  What's Worse: Ice or Water Levels/Physics? Moonface 7 3,108 Apr 21st, 2021, 01:17 PM