If You Could Revive Everyone...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've been watching more Dr. Stone over the past few nights with @ShiraNoMai and this morning while listening to the OP in my car I randomly thought of what I would do if I was in a similar situation to what makes up the premise of that manga/anime.

For those who don't know anything about Dr. Stone, basically one day every human being on the planet is turned to stone without warning. 3700 years pass, and a student at a school in Japan is suddenly no longer made of stone and is revived. This kid is super into science and proceeds to work on reviving the human race, as no one actually died (unless their stone body broke apart) but were just petrified.

So let's assume something happens and everybody on the planet just ceases to be. Turned to stone, Thanos snapped, eternal sleep, doesn't matter so long as literally every single human being is out of action. Some amount of time passes that doesn't have to matter but can if you want it to, and you find yourself as one of the first/only ones to come back, and because we're not scientists here we'll say we just got some magic bullshit ability to let us gradually revive everybody.

Now, do you revive every single person on the planet? Some of them? Barely any of them? Who would you bring back and who would you leave to their fate?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've been watching more Dr. Stone over the past few nights with @ShiraNoMai and this morning while listening to the OP in my car I randomly thought of what I would do if I was in a similar situation to what makes up the premise of that manga/anime.

For those who don't know anything about Dr. Stone, basically one day every human being on the planet is turned to stone without warning. 3700 years pass, and a student at a school in Japan is suddenly no longer made of stone and is revived. This kid is super into science and proceeds to work on reviving the human race, as no one actually died (unless their stone body broke apart) but were just petrified.

So let's assume something happens and everybody on the planet just ceases to be. Turned to stone, Thanos snapped, eternal sleep, doesn't matter so long as literally every single human being is out of action. Some amount of time passes that doesn't have to matter but can if you want it to, and you find yourself as one of the first/only ones to come back, and because we're not scientists here we'll say we just got some magic bullshit ability to let us gradually revive everybody.

Now, do you revive every single person on the planet? Some of them? Barely any of them? Who would you bring back and who would you leave to their fate?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Um... This was kind of done before by the Twilight Zone. In A Little Peace & Quiet Season 1 Episode 1b. The premise is a tad different but impo; it's essentially the same. I think that either everyone should be revived; or no one should. Because excluding everyone from being revived; wouldn't be fair to those people you may or may not know very well: or at all. *shrug* But, that's my two cents.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Um... This was kind of done before by the Twilight Zone. In A Little Peace & Quiet Season 1 Episode 1b. The premise is a tad different but impo; it's essentially the same. I think that either everyone should be revived; or no one should. Because excluding everyone from being revived; wouldn't be fair to those people you may or may not know very well: or at all. *shrug* But, that's my two cents.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, I'd definitely bring at least some people back. For example, I'd make sure Lewis Hamilton had a new team-mate at Mercedes for next year. He'd be called Ayrton Senna.

I don't think I'd bring *everyone* back right away, just because the planet doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with such a rapid increase in population. However, if I could revive them all more gradually, then I'd probably eventually bring back everybody except for criminals, terrorists, and the like.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, I'd definitely bring at least some people back. For example, I'd make sure Lewis Hamilton had a new team-mate at Mercedes for next year. He'd be called Ayrton Senna.

I don't think I'd bring *everyone* back right away, just because the planet doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with such a rapid increase in population. However, if I could revive them all more gradually, then I'd probably eventually bring back everybody except for criminals, terrorists, and the like.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 30th, 2019, 08:41 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Um... This was kind of done before by the Twilight Zone. In A Little Peace & Quiet Season 1 Episode 1b. The premise is a tad different but impo; it's essentially the same.
Was gonna say that that specific concept has been done before in several pieces of media (specifically post-apocalyptical in genre), but in this case, you have the ability to bring as little or as much humanity as you want back, whereas most of those scenarios involve just living life without anyone ever again.

I would bring everyone back, because who am I to judge who gets to stay gone forever? However, I would bring people back in a specific order. Haven't quite determined the order myself, but I think I'd want personal allies first, and then as a group, make an informed decision on which brains to pick apart next. Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 30th, 2019, 08:41 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Um... This was kind of done before by the Twilight Zone. In A Little Peace & Quiet Season 1 Episode 1b. The premise is a tad different but impo; it's essentially the same.
Was gonna say that that specific concept has been done before in several pieces of media (specifically post-apocalyptical in genre), but in this case, you have the ability to bring as little or as much humanity as you want back, whereas most of those scenarios involve just living life without anyone ever again.

I would bring everyone back, because who am I to judge who gets to stay gone forever? However, I would bring people back in a specific order. Haven't quite determined the order myself, but I think I'd want personal allies first, and then as a group, make an informed decision on which brains to pick apart next. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I definitely wouldn't revive everyone. There are plenty of corrupt people out there in the public eye that leave little room for interpretation or error (see: Chinese government), and then there's criminals who have committed heinous acts and/or are on death row. Throw in anyone who's part of a terrorist group too, because why would anyone ever determine there's room for error in not reviving ISIS members and the like.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I definitely wouldn't revive everyone. There are plenty of corrupt people out there in the public eye that leave little room for interpretation or error (see: Chinese government), and then there's criminals who have committed heinous acts and/or are on death row. Throw in anyone who's part of a terrorist group too, because why would anyone ever determine there's room for error in not reviving ISIS members and the like.
QueenBee Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
(Oct 6th, 2019, 09:54 PM)Kyng Wrote:

I remember seeing the crash ,live on the telly. Horrific.

I would revive my grandparents...I miss them.  Cry
[Image: b6q5k.png]

“monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes,they win”

Stephen King.

https://www.friendlychatting.co.uk
QueenBee Offline
Newcomer
XP: 118
(Oct 6th, 2019, 09:54 PM)Kyng Wrote:

I remember seeing the crash ,live on the telly. Horrific.

I would revive my grandparents...I miss them.  Cry
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Even though I miss those that I've lost personally and those who have done great for this world, I believe everything happens for a reason. So I wouldn't bring anyone back. As I believe I will meet those who I cared for once again in heaven.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Even though I miss those that I've lost personally and those who have done great for this world, I believe everything happens for a reason. So I wouldn't bring anyone back. As I believe I will meet those who I cared for once again in heaven.