Scooby Doo
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

So a trailer for a new Scooby Doo movie dropped like a week ago, and I ended up having a longer than expected conversation about Scooby Doo with @"ShiraNoSpook" because of it so now I feel like I have to make a thread for the franchise. XD

What is everyone's favourite series/episodes/moments from Scooby Doo? A lot of the most memorable moments for me are from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?, such as the episode Hassle in the Castle when Shaggy wants a ham sandwich and then one randomly appears in front of him and starts being prepared for him with extra ingredients he wants. Actually turns out the official WB Kids YouTube channel has a video of that exact scene, so here ya go: https://youtu.be/-MD-JOf7CDU?t=103

Also, I love how there's no consistency at times with the visuals. Like, I was checking for moments from this episode and somehow Fred manages to get dressed and undressed between shots: https://youtu.be/KGnAwJQQzLk?t=43
Conveniently, the scene I wanted is also in there at the 3:00 mark. I just love how utterly stupid the whole drainpipe sequence is and how it snaps off and flings them into a cave. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

So a trailer for a new Scooby Doo movie dropped like a week ago, and I ended up having a longer than expected conversation about Scooby Doo with @"ShiraNoSpook" because of it so now I feel like I have to make a thread for the franchise. XD

What is everyone's favourite series/episodes/moments from Scooby Doo? A lot of the most memorable moments for me are from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?, such as the episode Hassle in the Castle when Shaggy wants a ham sandwich and then one randomly appears in front of him and starts being prepared for him with extra ingredients he wants. Actually turns out the official WB Kids YouTube channel has a video of that exact scene, so here ya go: https://youtu.be/-MD-JOf7CDU?t=103

Also, I love how there's no consistency at times with the visuals. Like, I was checking for moments from this episode and somehow Fred manages to get dressed and undressed between shots: https://youtu.be/KGnAwJQQzLk?t=43
Conveniently, the scene I wanted is also in there at the 3:00 mark. I just love how utterly stupid the whole drainpipe sequence is and how it snaps off and flings them into a cave. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Personally I loved the 'Pup Named Scooby-Doo' series a lot better because you got a lot more information about Scooby & the rest of his family, along with how perhaps the kid versions of the gang might have grown up together. Like how Daphne is the rich kid, & Velma is the smart kid, etc.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Personally I loved the 'Pup Named Scooby-Doo' series a lot better because you got a lot more information about Scooby & the rest of his family, along with how perhaps the kid versions of the gang might have grown up together. Like how Daphne is the rich kid, & Velma is the smart kid, etc.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 19th, 2019, 08:40 AM)Witchy Queen Wrote:
Pup definitely played up their personality traits more than most of the other series. Daphne is always shown as being from a richer family, but it's mostly portrayed in how she dresses. Pup gives her a butler and really plays into it. Velma is the same, with her child version always having a book on hand, and Fred is always so intent on doing the unmasking that he instantly assumes Red Herring is behind it every time. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 19th, 2019, 08:40 AM)Witchy Queen Wrote:
Pup definitely played up their personality traits more than most of the other series. Daphne is always shown as being from a richer family, but it's mostly portrayed in how she dresses. Pup gives her a butler and really plays into it. Velma is the same, with her child version always having a book on hand, and Fred is always so intent on doing the unmasking that he instantly assumes Red Herring is behind it every time. XD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Honestly I never fully understood the need for 'Red Herring' outside of the character being a joke about how he's never guilty of doing anything bad. Haha, they should do a new show or movie where he actually is a villain of a huge corp who's trying to buy out a lot of land for cheap by trying to scare off the people who live in the area he wants to buy.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Honestly I never fully understood the need for 'Red Herring' outside of the character being a joke about how he's never guilty of doing anything bad. Haha, they should do a new show or movie where he actually is a villain of a huge corp who's trying to buy out a lot of land for cheap by trying to scare off the people who live in the area he wants to buy.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Scooby-Doo Where Are You? and What's New Scooby-Doo? are my favourite series, plus early cartoon movies like Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost and a few others. Think I had VCRs of some of those movies or rented them? Can't remember which, got rid of them, then recently bought or received those films from my Amazon Wish List of DVDs.

Regrettably I admit when I was too young, I actually enjoyed Scooby & Scrappy-Doo. Those were dark days. Only when I stopped for a long while and around the first live film I realised my mistake. XD

Speaking of the two first live action films I did enjoy and still do. Just not as good as the first stuff I mentioned.

Also, got to love the door chase scenes. As well as the Johnny Bravo crossover.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Scooby-Doo Where Are You? and What's New Scooby-Doo? are my favourite series, plus early cartoon movies like Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost and a few others. Think I had VCRs of some of those movies or rented them? Can't remember which, got rid of them, then recently bought or received those films from my Amazon Wish List of DVDs.

Regrettably I admit when I was too young, I actually enjoyed Scooby & Scrappy-Doo. Those were dark days. Only when I stopped for a long while and around the first live film I realised my mistake. XD

Speaking of the two first live action films I did enjoy and still do. Just not as good as the first stuff I mentioned.

Also, got to love the door chase scenes. As well as the Johnny Bravo crossover.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Scrappy Doo was only tolerable to me when he was with the original 5. He could be OK when it was just him with Scooby, Shaggy and Daphne, but if it was just him and Scooby and Shaggy then he was an intolerable piece of shit. The live action movie holds a special place in my heart just for being an entire beat down of his character and how annoying he is.

Damn, I forgot about that crossover. I only ever remember the ones with celebrities. Turns out there's been a couple crossover episodes that are with non-celebrities, including an episode of Teen Titans Go! with both teams facing off in Family Feud.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Scrappy Doo was only tolerable to me when he was with the original 5. He could be OK when it was just him with Scooby, Shaggy and Daphne, but if it was just him and Scooby and Shaggy then he was an intolerable piece of shit. The live action movie holds a special place in my heart just for being an entire beat down of his character and how annoying he is.

Damn, I forgot about that crossover. I only ever remember the ones with celebrities. Turns out there's been a couple crossover episodes that are with non-celebrities, including an episode of Teen Titans Go! with both teams facing off in Family Feud.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New trailer for the Scoob! movie coming out soon:

Not a big fan of Velma's voice (easily the worst for me), and the Netflix part............. *sigh*
It was so bad I stopped caring that Blue Falcon dabbed in his intro.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New trailer for the Scoob! movie coming out soon:

Not a big fan of Velma's voice (easily the worst for me), and the Netflix part............. *sigh*
It was so bad I stopped caring that Blue Falcon dabbed in his intro.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Realise I didn't comment on the Scoob movie in my earlier post. Looks OK. Don't mind the voices and Scooby talking more often....actually feels a bit too often. I know they're trying to be relevant, but ugh I was turned off by that Netflix bit too, and the dabbing...not amused by the dab popularity so that's also a negative for me. Don't know if I want to watch or not, definitely a wait for me.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Realise I didn't comment on the Scoob movie in my earlier post. Looks OK. Don't mind the voices and Scooby talking more often....actually feels a bit too often. I know they're trying to be relevant, but ugh I was turned off by that Netflix bit too, and the dabbing...not amused by the dab popularity so that's also a negative for me. Don't know if I want to watch or not, definitely a wait for me.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just discovered this is a thing...

Sorry, what? What?! If you think the trailer is bad just read the plot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo...bie_Island

The whole thing is so clearly cashing in on the constant love for the original. Even the premise is the same really. Bring the gang together for some movie thing, but that just reeks of the reason for the original Zombie Island where everyone gets back together to solve a real mystery for a TV show. The fact Velma tries to retcon the first movie is also an insult. You want to rely on the original movie yet want to pretend it was bullshit? Come on...

Also interesting to me was the movie before this is related to the 13 Ghosts series and was made to close off that series. Fine, I get that one, although it's really dumb how Flim Flam has become an adult in that movie but the gang hasn't aged, so...not without problems but at least it isn't trying to do what the other movie is doing.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just discovered this is a thing...

Sorry, what? What?! If you think the trailer is bad just read the plot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo...bie_Island

The whole thing is so clearly cashing in on the constant love for the original. Even the premise is the same really. Bring the gang together for some movie thing, but that just reeks of the reason for the original Zombie Island where everyone gets back together to solve a real mystery for a TV show. The fact Velma tries to retcon the first movie is also an insult. You want to rely on the original movie yet want to pretend it was bullshit? Come on...

Also interesting to me was the movie before this is related to the 13 Ghosts series and was made to close off that series. Fine, I get that one, although it's really dumb how Flim Flam has become an adult in that movie but the gang hasn't aged, so...not without problems but at least it isn't trying to do what the other movie is doing.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Looks like something I want to avoid watching at all costs. Makes me want to watch the original Zombie Island movie to forget that exists, plus whatever they made Velma think up about their first visit.  D=
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Looks like something I want to avoid watching at all costs. Makes me want to watch the original Zombie Island movie to forget that exists, plus whatever they made Velma think up about their first visit.  D=
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Surprised this was never done earlier now that I see the idea as reality:

I thought we'd have seen an Ooga Booga mask in the trailer given how iconic it is, so I hope that makes an appearance somewhere. Same as there has to be a "Stupid dogs, you made me look bad" remark from Eustace too. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Surprised this was never done earlier now that I see the idea as reality:

I thought we'd have seen an Ooga Booga mask in the trailer given how iconic it is, so I hope that makes an appearance somewhere. Same as there has to be a "Stupid dogs, you made me look bad" remark from Eustace too. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I gotta say, I wasn't too impressed with what they came up with here. It also appears the creator was in no way involved with this and they just took the IP to make this happen (which, I suppose, is how they get the other Scooby crossover movies to happen, but still).
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I gotta say, I wasn't too impressed with what they came up with here. It also appears the creator was in no way involved with this and they just took the IP to make this happen (which, I suppose, is how they get the other Scooby crossover movies to happen, but still).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
YouTube just recommended this to me:

It is not officially licensed as far as I know, and I haven't watched it through yet but looking at the comments and upvotes it seems to be received pretty well. I'm surprised this hasn't been copyright struck by Warner Bros. at all though. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
YouTube just recommended this to me:

It is not officially licensed as far as I know, and I haven't watched it through yet but looking at the comments and upvotes it seems to be received pretty well. I'm surprised this hasn't been copyright struck by Warner Bros. at all though. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't think "Mystery Incorporated" is a copyrighted phrase they own, if I had to guess, and it doesn't show any licensed footage for them to strike. Who knows!

Still, they could take lessons from this and make a proper show.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't think "Mystery Incorporated" is a copyrighted phrase they own, if I had to guess, and it doesn't show any licensed footage for them to strike. Who knows!

Still, they could take lessons from this and make a proper show.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
25 mins in and I'm kinda hooked actually. Didn't know I'd want this take on Scooby and the gang, and would hate to see it get shot down. Needs to be recognised properly and allowed to thrive. WB don't be right b's, plz.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
25 mins in and I'm kinda hooked actually. Didn't know I'd want this take on Scooby and the gang, and would hate to see it get shot down. Needs to be recognised properly and allowed to thrive. WB don't be right b's, plz.