Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just had the misfortune of discovering the latest series spawned from the Scooby-Doo series, and makes me wonder HOW it was even greenlit in the first place, oh wait I think I know, and will promptly never watch anything of it again through this video:

Our poor boy Fred, and frick all four of the characters are ruined with even no Scooby in sight. Hope it gets seriously cut completely from broadcast as it's being extremely panned from viewers, and proves how pathetic at least half the critics are these days, this apparently getting a 50% approval rating from them. Had to rewatch JelloApocolypse's video on who he thinks is the best character (franchise whole) and what a new Scooby show should be like to ease my pain. After Velma, Jello needs to save Scooby-Doo! ...even though I haven't been following the franchise since What's New but been aware of some of the stuff released since then, like the fan created piece in the previous page in this topic and other official shows.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just had the misfortune of discovering the latest series spawned from the Scooby-Doo series, and makes me wonder HOW it was even greenlit in the first place, oh wait I think I know, and will promptly never watch anything of it again through this video:

Our poor boy Fred, and frick all four of the characters are ruined with even no Scooby in sight. Hope it gets seriously cut completely from broadcast as it's being extremely panned from viewers, and proves how pathetic at least half the critics are these days, this apparently getting a 50% approval rating from them. Had to rewatch JelloApocolypse's video on who he thinks is the best character (franchise whole) and what a new Scooby show should be like to ease my pain. After Velma, Jello needs to save Scooby-Doo! ...even though I haven't been following the franchise since What's New but been aware of some of the stuff released since then, like the fan created piece in the previous page in this topic and other official shows.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm aware of Velma and felt it would be a disaster right from the moment it was announced, simply because the changes to the characters felt like they were done just for the sake of somebody wanting to make an original show, but didn't feel it would be strong enough to stand by itself so decided to shove their ideas into an existing IP, much in the same way other IP are used to elevate something that is known to struggle or not stand a chance by itself.

Now that said I did not expect the show to be as bad as it apparently is. I've only seen very, very tiny bits but the show opening with cockroaches having sex is already ridiculous enough without needing to even bother with the rest of the problems.
Hopefully this garbage isn't renewed but it relies on people to stop hate watching it. The first episode had a stupid amount of viewers because of hate watching, and HBO isn't going to care why someone watches; if you're watching it, they're making money and that's all they need to keep it going. Like any other media (prime example, AAA gaming) if it makes enough money by just being okay then why waste the effort and money trying to do it better? Just go the Ubisoft route and churn out multiples of the same stuff with a different name attached and a few tweaks here and there to just multiple the number of middle-of-the-road outlets that generate that sweet revenue.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm aware of Velma and felt it would be a disaster right from the moment it was announced, simply because the changes to the characters felt like they were done just for the sake of somebody wanting to make an original show, but didn't feel it would be strong enough to stand by itself so decided to shove their ideas into an existing IP, much in the same way other IP are used to elevate something that is known to struggle or not stand a chance by itself.

Now that said I did not expect the show to be as bad as it apparently is. I've only seen very, very tiny bits but the show opening with cockroaches having sex is already ridiculous enough without needing to even bother with the rest of the problems.
Hopefully this garbage isn't renewed but it relies on people to stop hate watching it. The first episode had a stupid amount of viewers because of hate watching, and HBO isn't going to care why someone watches; if you're watching it, they're making money and that's all they need to keep it going. Like any other media (prime example, AAA gaming) if it makes enough money by just being okay then why waste the effort and money trying to do it better? Just go the Ubisoft route and churn out multiples of the same stuff with a different name attached and a few tweaks here and there to just multiple the number of middle-of-the-road outlets that generate that sweet revenue.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Sadly it did get greenlit for a second season from what I saw. Despite being absolutely torn to shreds by critics and viewers alike (which brings a smile to my face, this kind of garbage needs to be destroyed), unfortunately enough people hate-watched it to make it enough of a financial success to get renewed.

This is why people need to stop hate-watching. You make absolute garbage like this succeed even though it has no right to. Hopefully people will be smarter and not hate-watch the second season so it actually does end up a financial bust.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Sadly it did get greenlit for a second season from what I saw. Despite being absolutely torn to shreds by critics and viewers alike (which brings a smile to my face, this kind of garbage needs to be destroyed), unfortunately enough people hate-watched it to make it enough of a financial success to get renewed.

This is why people need to stop hate-watching. You make absolute garbage like this succeed even though it has no right to. Hopefully people will be smarter and not hate-watch the second season so it actually does end up a financial bust.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
From a different video mocking "Velma" (I only use " because I don't want it to associate with the proper Velma character here), it mentioned about the greenlit which I found moments before I went to bed, and well among other things too, kept me up last night so didn't sleep much. So yeah thanks to the hate-watching there could be more coming which I sincerely hope not. Unless the amount of hate makes the people who took part, or could take part refuse to be in the next season. Haven't seen what but from what I've come across the creator who's also the voice for the main character knows of the dislike and is upset by it. Still annoying how the higher ups were just happy to let the train wreck take off, they at least knew of the backlash the show would bring which equals views like you guys mentioned. Their eyes=$ $

Still I hope the animators get/got their pay at least regardless of how well it's been getting received. Do feel bad for the poor souls though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
From a different video mocking "Velma" (I only use " because I don't want it to associate with the proper Velma character here), it mentioned about the greenlit which I found moments before I went to bed, and well among other things too, kept me up last night so didn't sleep much. So yeah thanks to the hate-watching there could be more coming which I sincerely hope not. Unless the amount of hate makes the people who took part, or could take part refuse to be in the next season. Haven't seen what but from what I've come across the creator who's also the voice for the main character knows of the dislike and is upset by it. Still annoying how the higher ups were just happy to let the train wreck take off, they at least knew of the backlash the show would bring which equals views like you guys mentioned. Their eyes=$ $

Still I hope the animators get/got their pay at least regardless of how well it's been getting received. Do feel bad for the poor souls though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The animation studio has already been paid for their work. They get paid hourly. "Supporting" it post-release ensures their job security at best but they will not get paid more for more views. That is ultimately down to the big wigs that decide their fates going forward.

Still, it is definitely one of those shows that just feels like it was made for spite and rage-bait. It pleases quite literally no one and completely derides itself and the property for...what?
I blame Mindy Kapling. She headed this whole project up. Can't quite tell what else there is to fail other than something under her call Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The animation studio has already been paid for their work. They get paid hourly. "Supporting" it post-release ensures their job security at best but they will not get paid more for more views. That is ultimately down to the big wigs that decide their fates going forward.

Still, it is definitely one of those shows that just feels like it was made for spite and rage-bait. It pleases quite literally no one and completely derides itself and the property for...what?
I blame Mindy Kapling. She headed this whole project up. Can't quite tell what else there is to fail other than something under her call Shrug