Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Gen 1: Zubat.
I'm a huge fan of bats in general, and a few months ago I played a game of PokéMMO with some friends, specifically using FireRed. We only played together as a group, and after each gym we'd battle one another for supremacy. I caught a Zubat in Mt. Moon and named her Lightning. By the end of our run she was a level 86 Crobat (PokéMMO gives access to newer pokémon due to the nature of how it uses ROMs) who completely swept everyone else, including the friend who had a level 80ish Dragonite.

Gen 2: Ariados.
It's a fairly dumb reason, but I've always held a lot of love for the typical 'first catch' kinds of pokémon, and years upon years ago when I first got my copy of Gold, Spinarak was mine. You'll likely notice a theme with my favourites, as poison-style stuff is pretty much my top thing, to the extent that when Pokémon X/Y came out I roleplayed my way through it using a modified version of the Rocketlocke ruleset.

Gen 3: Seviper.
Hey look, another poison type! What a shock, right? While gen 1 stole my heart with Zubat, the runner-up for it was definitely Arbok. Snakes are really interesting animals, even though I don't think I'd be able to force myself to touch or hold them irl. But from afar they're beautiful creatures. And suddenly gen 3 threw this curveball at me in the form of a more evil-looking snake pokémon. It's definitely one of my favourite ones overall in terms of the general aesthetic, and I loved its moveset even though it gets completely run over by a lot of stuff.

Gen 4: Drapion.
Hoho, you were expecting something that wasn't a poison-type? Think again. Much like my love of Seviper and Ekans/Arbok, Skorupi and Drapion really grabbed me because they're scorpions. I am, or at least used to be, very well-read in terms of tarantulas, scorpions, snakes, and other similar creatures, so being able to actually use them in-game was a lot of fun. Nowadays I'm more interested in marine biology, the Mariana Trench and the things that live there, etc. though.

Gen 5: Joltik/Woobat/Gothitelle.
I actually didn't care for gen 5 much at all, it really served as a turning point for the series in my opinion. A turning point where they began to put far too much focus on the online/multiplayer side of the game, which in turn resulted in the singleplayer aspects feeling rushed and boring. I finished Black in less than a day of play (something like 23 hours after saving after the Elite Four) whereas previous games took me a lot longer. Along with how much more hand-holdy the game was, it felt like more of a chore than a game, but I digress. The best thing about gen 5 was it brought a lot of pokes I enjoyed greatly.

Joltik is a thunder bug. Look at its face and tell me it isn't the cutest gen 5 pokémon around. It isn't a very good pokémon, but I love it nonetheless.

Woobat is a bat. That alone should tell you it takes a spot as one of my favourites.

Gothitelle is just goddamn adorable. As far as 'human-like' pokémon are concerned everyone goes nuts about Gardevoir, but I still stick to my assertion that Gothitelle is the best of them all.

Gen 6: Noivern.
Hahah it's a bat, of course I love it. I also like it because of the way it evolves from this kind of dumb-looking creature to a gigantic, monstrous one. I think it's one of the largest size discrepancies from a single evolution? I forget, but it's up there. Unfortunately gen 6 suffered further from the problem I had with gen 5, in that it was such an easy game to finish there wasn't any need for grinding or stalling to ensure you were strong enough. I didn't use the exp share and managed to finish the game without wiping out once.

Gen 7: Tsareena.
Similar to Gothitelle, I just find it to be a really cute pokémon. Though she only has access to one poison move via leveling up which puts a bit of a dampener on her for me. I haven't played a huge amount of gen 7 though so I can't say too much.

Mega: Mega Mawile.
I like Mawile quite a lot. I don't like the idea of Megas though. So I guess this is the best choice?
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
Gen 1: Zubat.
I'm a huge fan of bats in general, and a few months ago I played a game of PokéMMO with some friends, specifically using FireRed. We only played together as a group, and after each gym we'd battle one another for supremacy. I caught a Zubat in Mt. Moon and named her Lightning. By the end of our run she was a level 86 Crobat (PokéMMO gives access to newer pokémon due to the nature of how it uses ROMs) who completely swept everyone else, including the friend who had a level 80ish Dragonite.

Gen 2: Ariados.
It's a fairly dumb reason, but I've always held a lot of love for the typical 'first catch' kinds of pokémon, and years upon years ago when I first got my copy of Gold, Spinarak was mine. You'll likely notice a theme with my favourites, as poison-style stuff is pretty much my top thing, to the extent that when Pokémon X/Y came out I roleplayed my way through it using a modified version of the Rocketlocke ruleset.

Gen 3: Seviper.
Hey look, another poison type! What a shock, right? While gen 1 stole my heart with Zubat, the runner-up for it was definitely Arbok. Snakes are really interesting animals, even though I don't think I'd be able to force myself to touch or hold them irl. But from afar they're beautiful creatures. And suddenly gen 3 threw this curveball at me in the form of a more evil-looking snake pokémon. It's definitely one of my favourite ones overall in terms of the general aesthetic, and I loved its moveset even though it gets completely run over by a lot of stuff.

Gen 4: Drapion.
Hoho, you were expecting something that wasn't a poison-type? Think again. Much like my love of Seviper and Ekans/Arbok, Skorupi and Drapion really grabbed me because they're scorpions. I am, or at least used to be, very well-read in terms of tarantulas, scorpions, snakes, and other similar creatures, so being able to actually use them in-game was a lot of fun. Nowadays I'm more interested in marine biology, the Mariana Trench and the things that live there, etc. though.

Gen 5: Joltik/Woobat/Gothitelle.
I actually didn't care for gen 5 much at all, it really served as a turning point for the series in my opinion. A turning point where they began to put far too much focus on the online/multiplayer side of the game, which in turn resulted in the singleplayer aspects feeling rushed and boring. I finished Black in less than a day of play (something like 23 hours after saving after the Elite Four) whereas previous games took me a lot longer. Along with how much more hand-holdy the game was, it felt like more of a chore than a game, but I digress. The best thing about gen 5 was it brought a lot of pokes I enjoyed greatly.

Joltik is a thunder bug. Look at its face and tell me it isn't the cutest gen 5 pokémon around. It isn't a very good pokémon, but I love it nonetheless.

Woobat is a bat. That alone should tell you it takes a spot as one of my favourites.

Gothitelle is just goddamn adorable. As far as 'human-like' pokémon are concerned everyone goes nuts about Gardevoir, but I still stick to my assertion that Gothitelle is the best of them all.

Gen 6: Noivern.
Hahah it's a bat, of course I love it. I also like it because of the way it evolves from this kind of dumb-looking creature to a gigantic, monstrous one. I think it's one of the largest size discrepancies from a single evolution? I forget, but it's up there. Unfortunately gen 6 suffered further from the problem I had with gen 5, in that it was such an easy game to finish there wasn't any need for grinding or stalling to ensure you were strong enough. I didn't use the exp share and managed to finish the game without wiping out once.

Gen 7: Tsareena.
Similar to Gothitelle, I just find it to be a really cute pokémon. Though she only has access to one poison move via leveling up which puts a bit of a dampener on her for me. I haven't played a huge amount of gen 7 though so I can't say too much.

Mega: Mega Mawile.
I like Mawile quite a lot. I don't like the idea of Megas though. So I guess this is the best choice?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's not surprising that poison-types are your favorite, judging by how toxic you are. :^)
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
It's not surprising that poison-types are your favorite, judging by how toxic you are. :^)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Pokémon's Original Watercolor Art is Supposed to Look... Moonface 4 778 May 7th, 2023, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  What's Pokémon's Best Gimmick(s)? Moonface 2 805 Aug 8th, 2022, 10:50 PM
  Do You Have a (Least) Favorite Pokémon Type? Moonface 3 982 May 31st, 2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Nicknames Moonface 7 1,839 Jan 16th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Karo
  Pokémon Regions/Routes Moonface 7 4,119 Dec 3rd, 2021, 09:10 PM