PSA: Enable 2FA on Your Nintendo Accounts
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've just seen a tweet about Nintendo having a possible security breach, and apparently a lot of people are saying they have had their accounts accessed multiple times in the past day or two even if they were constantly resetting their password to something set up by Google Authenticator or some other strong password generating service.

As the tweet recommends, I'd suggest enabling 2FA on your account if you haven't done so yet. That way even if your password has been exposed you can still keep your account secure.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've just seen a tweet about Nintendo having a possible security breach, and apparently a lot of people are saying they have had their accounts accessed multiple times in the past day or two even if they were constantly resetting their password to something set up by Google Authenticator or some other strong password generating service.

As the tweet recommends, I'd suggest enabling 2FA on your account if you haven't done so yet. That way even if your password has been exposed you can still keep your account secure.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I never have my paypal account or even my credit card linked in either my Nintendo, Sony or M$ account. xp
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I never have my paypal account or even my credit card linked in either my Nintendo, Sony or M$ account. xp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 20th, 2020, 09:19 PM)sunshine queen Wrote:
Someone could still enter your account and lock you out of it though if they changed the password and email address associated with it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 20th, 2020, 09:19 PM)sunshine queen Wrote:
Someone could still enter your account and lock you out of it though if they changed the password and email address associated with it.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Apr 20th, 2020, 09:48 PM)Moon Nook Wrote:
Yea, maybe but it's never happened to me before & I doubt it'll happen anyway. Even if it did I could do the same to them.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, maybe but it's never happened to me before & I doubt it'll happen anyway. Even if it did I could do the same to them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 21st, 2020, 01:14 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
What do you mean by do the same to them? If they changed all your account details to stop you getting in then how would you be able to get back in to the account to get them out of it? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 21st, 2020, 01:14 AM)sunshine queen Wrote:
What do you mean by do the same to them? If they changed all your account details to stop you getting in then how would you be able to get back in to the account to get them out of it? Unsure
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
If someone knows your email & guesses your password, then you can do the same. You can change the email from the system settings & get a new password. It's easy.

Besides, I use a hidden network & no one has access to that but us.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
If someone knows your email & guesses your password, then you can do the same. You can change the email from the system settings & get a new password. It's easy.

Besides, I use a hidden network & no one has access to that but us.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A hidden network doesn't stop someone getting your password via illegal means, which is what Nintendo now says has happened to 160,000 accounts: https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-...twork-ids/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A hidden network doesn't stop someone getting your password via illegal means, which is what Nintendo now says has happened to 160,000 accounts: https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-...twork-ids/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 18 615 Apr 7th, 2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Switch Karo 140 72,719 Jan 18th, 2024, 04:12 PM
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 784 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,561 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM
  Nintendo Switch is 5 Years Old Today Moonface 6 1,886 Mar 7th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord