The Movie Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 10th, 2022, 06:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My gut feeling is the Uncharted will be mediocre: OK at best, and a trashfire insult at worst. I'll be impressed if it's the OK result, because then I'll have to actually watch it Angry
I've seen some reviews for it today and so far I haven't seen anywhere outright condemn it. IGN gave it a 7 and I've seen people commenting on that review who saw the movie already saying they agree with the rating. I just can't accurately tell if the movie is just a good action movie or also good for Uncharted because opinion on that seems to be all over the place.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 10th, 2022, 06:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My gut feeling is the Uncharted will be mediocre: OK at best, and a trashfire insult at worst. I'll be impressed if it's the OK result, because then I'll have to actually watch it Angry
I've seen some reviews for it today and so far I haven't seen anywhere outright condemn it. IGN gave it a 7 and I've seen people commenting on that review who saw the movie already saying they agree with the rating. I just can't accurately tell if the movie is just a good action movie or also good for Uncharted because opinion on that seems to be all over the place.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A 7?! Better than I'd though, but that isn't enough for me, not even a 10. I just can't get interested. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
A 7?! Better than I'd though, but that isn't enough for me, not even a 10. I just can't get interested. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well @ShiraNoMai booked tickets for the Uncharted movie tonight so I guess I can tell you how bad it really is @Mr EliteL. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well @ShiraNoMai booked tickets for the Uncharted movie tonight so I guess I can tell you how bad it really is @Mr EliteL. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Feb 8th, 2022, 12:03 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Do you think you'll dare to cover any of these movies in your rants @Maniakkid25? Tongue
Not unless one of them is about Bruce Willis pretending to be or becoming a girl and/or non-human entity or object. I want my channel to be known for "RPGs and TF shit", as I would so eloquently put it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Feb 8th, 2022, 12:03 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Do you think you'll dare to cover any of these movies in your rants @Maniakkid25? Tongue
Not unless one of them is about Bruce Willis pretending to be or becoming a girl and/or non-human entity or object. I want my channel to be known for "RPGs and TF shit", as I would so eloquently put it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: Ah, fair enough. I'd recommend a movie that fits those parameters but I don't think I've seen any that do.  Doh

@Mr EliteL: So I have to be honest the Uncharted movie actually isn't that bad. I'd even agree with the 7 IGN gave it. It's definitely trying to have an identity of its own and not be a direct copy of the games but it was very enjoyable.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: Ah, fair enough. I'd recommend a movie that fits those parameters but I don't think I've seen any that do.  Doh

@Mr EliteL: So I have to be honest the Uncharted movie actually isn't that bad. I'd even agree with the 7 IGN gave it. It's definitely trying to have an identity of its own and not be a direct copy of the games but it was very enjoyable.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't mean this to be reductive but I found it cute. Fan service-y in the right ways, honestly pretty well shot, and cohesive. They crutched a little heavy on the quips and the writing/script could've been handled cleaner, but they put it all together pretty nicely.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I don't mean this to be reductive but I found it cute. Fan service-y in the right ways, honestly pretty well shot, and cohesive. They crutched a little heavy on the quips and the writing/script could've been handled cleaner, but they put it all together pretty nicely.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just hope the next Uncharted movie does Sully's character better. He was leaning a little too much into arsehole territory in this movie which felt jarring for me, but it's probably trying to adapt the way we're informed about his character before he meets Nate in Uncharted 3.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just hope the next Uncharted movie does Sully's character better. He was leaning a little too much into arsehole territory in this movie which felt jarring for me, but it's probably trying to adapt the way we're informed about his character before he meets Nate in Uncharted 3.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Eeeeeeeh... Errm
I'm hoping the only reason this is being made (excluding money) is to try and send the character off right again after Crystal Skull wrecked what was a perfectly wrapped up trilogy. This movie is going to need to do a lot to convince me to watch it or expect anything decent from it; I'll probably just read the plot on Wikipedia and see if it sounds like a dumpster fire though.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Eeeeeeeh... Errm
I'm hoping the only reason this is being made (excluding money) is to try and send the character off right again after Crystal Skull wrecked what was a perfectly wrapped up trilogy. This movie is going to need to do a lot to convince me to watch it or expect anything decent from it; I'll probably just read the plot on Wikipedia and see if it sounds like a dumpster fire though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, I definitely want to see how this movie pans out from others first for definite.

Kinda just wanted this IP to die or to at least transfer over to a new gen at the very most. Oh well.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, I definitely want to see how this movie pans out from others first for definite.

Kinda just wanted this IP to die or to at least transfer over to a new gen at the very most. Oh well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd dislike the direction Indiana Jones took even more if the mantle was passed on to someone else. To me Harrison Ford is Indy, and I'd rather just see the character retired than given to someone else. It wouldn't even make sense to pass the mantle because there's no character already established to give it to, so we'd basically see Indy meeting someone and passing them the torch in the same movie which I feel would never happen logically. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd dislike the direction Indiana Jones took even more if the mantle was passed on to someone else. To me Harrison Ford is Indy, and I'd rather just see the character retired than given to someone else. It wouldn't even make sense to pass the mantle because there's no character already established to give it to, so we'd basically see Indy meeting someone and passing them the torch in the same movie which I feel would never happen logically. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Would you be OK with maybe doing a successor, a la Boruto? Just so it moves on from Indy specifically but continues the adventures on through his kid or something?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Would you be OK with maybe doing a successor, a la Boruto? Just so it moves on from Indy specifically but continues the adventures on through his kid or something?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'd rather ignore Crystal Skull, plus this movie and just try and pretend there's the trilogy films to call the Indiana Jones franchise only and nothing else. Anything else like LEGO stuff is just recognition of Indiana in other forms. No need to keep bringing past stuff back like this, again. Doh But nope, monies to be made. I definitely don't want to see the mantle pass on to a new younger character, and yes not even a son or relative. But that's just me, not wanting to see anything else related to this....other than the book that was Indy's journal/diary I found in a charity shop I happened to be in, I grabbed that instantly. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'd rather ignore Crystal Skull, plus this movie and just try and pretend there's the trilogy films to call the Indiana Jones franchise only and nothing else. Anything else like LEGO stuff is just recognition of Indiana in other forms. No need to keep bringing past stuff back like this, again. Doh But nope, monies to be made. I definitely don't want to see the mantle pass on to a new younger character, and yes not even a son or relative. But that's just me, not wanting to see anything else related to this....other than the book that was Indy's journal/diary I found in a charity shop I happened to be in, I grabbed that instantly. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 29th, 2022, 02:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Not really. It'd be like putting Cassie in the shoes of Nathan Drake; people love the Indy movies because of the character and having not-Indy would probably just make people wish it was actually Indy, especially if they try to make the kid inherit any of his mannerisms. Also, there has been stuff with Indiana Jones but when he was a very young adult (think the opening to Last Crusade but expanded to a full show) which would probably be the better way to go about continuing Indiana Jones with a younger star, but that would also run the risk of the problem that Solo had, where even the producers acknowledged that trying to cast someone else as a character who is so deeply attached to an actor already didn't work out too great.

The best approach would be something with animation where it just gets voiced by Ford or someone who sounds like him because at least then it avoids a lot of the casting and other issues. But I also understand why Hollywood isn't going to care for that because to them animation is just anything Disney even when plenty of other stuff makes bank. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 29th, 2022, 02:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Not really. It'd be like putting Cassie in the shoes of Nathan Drake; people love the Indy movies because of the character and having not-Indy would probably just make people wish it was actually Indy, especially if they try to make the kid inherit any of his mannerisms. Also, there has been stuff with Indiana Jones but when he was a very young adult (think the opening to Last Crusade but expanded to a full show) which would probably be the better way to go about continuing Indiana Jones with a younger star, but that would also run the risk of the problem that Solo had, where even the producers acknowledged that trying to cast someone else as a character who is so deeply attached to an actor already didn't work out too great.

The best approach would be something with animation where it just gets voiced by Ford or someone who sounds like him because at least then it avoids a lot of the casting and other issues. But I also understand why Hollywood isn't going to care for that because to them animation is just anything Disney even when plenty of other stuff makes bank. Rolleyes
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
There's not really any new or upcoming movies I'm looking forward to. But I am a bit of a movie buff and always wanted to get into film production and the film industry as a whole.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
There's not really any new or upcoming movies I'm looking forward to. But I am a bit of a movie buff and always wanted to get into film production and the film industry as a whole.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Trailer
So I knew there was a new Indy film coming but didn't know the trailer was dropping today until I just saw it randomly pop into my YouTube feed moments ago:

I also knew they were going to be using CG to de-age Ford for certain scenes and judging by what we got to see of that in the trailer it looks pretty damn convincing. Hopefully this movie turns out good and can right the wrong that was Crystal Skull because that movie was a bloody mess. I'd rather there not have been any more Indy movies after Last Crusade but since this does exist then just please be good. Especially since I doubt Ford has many movies left in him given his age.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Trailer
So I knew there was a new Indy film coming but didn't know the trailer was dropping today until I just saw it randomly pop into my YouTube feed moments ago:

I also knew they were going to be using CG to de-age Ford for certain scenes and judging by what we got to see of that in the trailer it looks pretty damn convincing. Hopefully this movie turns out good and can right the wrong that was Crystal Skull because that movie was a bloody mess. I'd rather there not have been any more Indy movies after Last Crusade but since this does exist then just please be good. Especially since I doubt Ford has many movies left in him given his age.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal Moonface 54 17,745 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,899 1,618,367 Apr 18th, 2024, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,972 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Sequel Announced Moonface 54 6,416 Mar 12th, 2024, 11:49 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,567 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM