The Movie Thread
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 7th, 2021, 11:04 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I haven't seen Pulp Fiction either, The Godfather films, maybe not Fight Club, I don't think I've seen all of Back To The Future, but I definitely need to at least watch them all again, Bourne films (er Identity to Ultimatum), The Silence of the Lambs (a film I seriously want to see all the way through but not done yet), quite possibly more but can't think of them.
I've also never watched The Godfather movies or Silence of the Lambs. Fight Club is really good and often went on TV when I was still living there, so you can probably catch it that way at some point.

(Jul 8th, 2021, 04:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh shit, not seen Pulp Fiction? Cult classic. I'll trade you that movie for seeing The Warriors. We'll exchange movies one night @Moonface Wink

I missed out on a lot of classics that were rated about PG-13, sadly, due to my mom's restrictions on me growing up. Any films that released around the late 90's to mid-2000's were kinda missed on my part.
Deal! Grin

My parents only restricted me from watching movies that they knew I wouldn't cope well with because of my age, but if they thought I'd be okay with it then they never minded. Probably a good thing since most of the movies my parents watched when I was growing up where 15+. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,544 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 7th, 2021, 11:04 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I haven't seen Pulp Fiction either, The Godfather films, maybe not Fight Club, I don't think I've seen all of Back To The Future, but I definitely need to at least watch them all again, Bourne films (er Identity to Ultimatum), The Silence of the Lambs (a film I seriously want to see all the way through but not done yet), quite possibly more but can't think of them.
I've also never watched The Godfather movies or Silence of the Lambs. Fight Club is really good and often went on TV when I was still living there, so you can probably catch it that way at some point.

(Jul 8th, 2021, 04:58 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Oh shit, not seen Pulp Fiction? Cult classic. I'll trade you that movie for seeing The Warriors. We'll exchange movies one night @Moonface Wink

I missed out on a lot of classics that were rated about PG-13, sadly, due to my mom's restrictions on me growing up. Any films that released around the late 90's to mid-2000's were kinda missed on my part.
Deal! Grin

My parents only restricted me from watching movies that they knew I wouldn't cope well with because of my age, but if they thought I'd be okay with it then they never minded. Probably a good thing since most of the movies my parents watched when I was growing up where 15+. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if anyone else here cares about the new Matrix movie coming out later this year, but even if you're not at least do yourself the favour of checking out the teaser website and clicking the pills; you'll know the moment I'm recommending when you see it: https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

If you don't want to bother with it, the teaser trailers will always quote the exact time that it is in reality for you at the moment you're watching them.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if anyone else here cares about the new Matrix movie coming out later this year, but even if you're not at least do yourself the favour of checking out the teaser website and clicking the pills; you'll know the moment I'm recommending when you see it: https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/

If you don't want to bother with it, the teaser trailers will always quote the exact time that it is in reality for you at the moment you're watching them.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,115
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yay, continuation of a trilogy that originally wasn't going to have new instalments. Actually I'd be annoyed if it was going to be a reboot. Apparently there has been talks of what the new movie was going to be (after I shortly scanned the Wikipedia page) either of a remake/reboot, prequel, sequel or making an expanded universe. Ugh, please let this be the one film but calling it Resurrections gives room for more. Oh and another Matrix project has been/is being worked on separate from this film. I am not hyped, even if Keanu and Carrie are reprising their roles and appears to be indeed a sequel.

Probably will eventually watch Resurrections unless it turns out crap. For the record I did enjoy the first three, Matrix more than Reloaded and Revolutions. I did used to like them more than the original but my opinion flipped. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,115 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yay, continuation of a trilogy that originally wasn't going to have new instalments. Actually I'd be annoyed if it was going to be a reboot. Apparently there has been talks of what the new movie was going to be (after I shortly scanned the Wikipedia page) either of a remake/reboot, prequel, sequel or making an expanded universe. Ugh, please let this be the one film but calling it Resurrections gives room for more. Oh and another Matrix project has been/is being worked on separate from this film. I am not hyped, even if Keanu and Carrie are reprising their roles and appears to be indeed a sequel.

Probably will eventually watch Resurrections unless it turns out crap. For the record I did enjoy the first three, Matrix more than Reloaded and Revolutions. I did used to like them more than the original but my opinion flipped. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen some speculation that the new movie may be putting the original trilogy as an actual movie series within the Matrix universe (basically the trilogy exists as a movie in Matrix land too) and then things are actually turning out to be real from it. This can't just be a direct sequel because I swear Revolutions ended with the machines no longer pulling the bullshit they did in the Matrix trilogy and everything working out. Unless the machines are still fine and it's a different threat, but that just looks to be the Agent Smith stuff which is basically the same primary antagonist of the original trilogy. So I have no clue what the heck is meant to be going on and I suspect that's intentional.

I have no desire to see the movie though unless it reviews well. The first Matrix movie was phenomenal but Reloaded was okay and Revolutions was just bad. The original trilogy came off as a great idea that struggled to be taken somewhere that remained at the heights of the first instalment.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen some speculation that the new movie may be putting the original trilogy as an actual movie series within the Matrix universe (basically the trilogy exists as a movie in Matrix land too) and then things are actually turning out to be real from it. This can't just be a direct sequel because I swear Revolutions ended with the machines no longer pulling the bullshit they did in the Matrix trilogy and everything working out. Unless the machines are still fine and it's a different threat, but that just looks to be the Agent Smith stuff which is basically the same primary antagonist of the original trilogy. So I have no clue what the heck is meant to be going on and I suspect that's intentional.

I have no desire to see the movie though unless it reviews well. The first Matrix movie was phenomenal but Reloaded was okay and Revolutions was just bad. The original trilogy came off as a great idea that struggled to be taken somewhere that remained at the heights of the first instalment.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If anything, the marketing for it is going surprisingly well. It's one of those very clever guerilla campaigns I love to see, and it's neat that each pill gave you access to a different teaser.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If anything, the marketing for it is going surprisingly well. It's one of those very clever guerilla campaigns I love to see, and it's neat that each pill gave you access to a different teaser.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's the full trailer for anyone interested in it that didn't see it yet:

Definitely waiting on reviews before I get any further interest in this. The trailer is too ambiguous with what's going on and I can't really tell what's different between this and the first movie except for Neo getting deja vu.

There's also a new trailer for No Time To Die, although it doesn't seem to really have anything much different or new compared to the trailers before it. Seems more like a collection of all of those put together to refresh everyone's memory about the movie given the delays due to Covid.

I don't know if this one is a movie or not because it's a Disney+ special, so it could be long or short and I also don't really know where else to talk about it, but there's a Muppet's Haunted Mansion coming out on October 8: https://disneyplusoriginals.disney.com/m...ed-mansion
I expect this to be really good and I'll definitely check it out since I have Disney+, unless I hear awful things about it before I get to watch it.
There is also a new live action movie for Haunted Mansion being made with Owen Wilson starring, but I don't care for that much right now.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's the full trailer for anyone interested in it that didn't see it yet:

Definitely waiting on reviews before I get any further interest in this. The trailer is too ambiguous with what's going on and I can't really tell what's different between this and the first movie except for Neo getting deja vu.

There's also a new trailer for No Time To Die, although it doesn't seem to really have anything much different or new compared to the trailers before it. Seems more like a collection of all of those put together to refresh everyone's memory about the movie given the delays due to Covid.

I don't know if this one is a movie or not because it's a Disney+ special, so it could be long or short and I also don't really know where else to talk about it, but there's a Muppet's Haunted Mansion coming out on October 8: https://disneyplusoriginals.disney.com/m...ed-mansion
I expect this to be really good and I'll definitely check it out since I have Disney+, unless I hear awful things about it before I get to watch it.
There is also a new live action movie for Haunted Mansion being made with Owen Wilson starring, but I don't care for that much right now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So the trailer for The Muppet's Haunted Mansion came out a few days ago and I just saw it, and it actually looks really good! Wow

Definitely watching this on Halloween unless I can't wait until then, since this comes out on October 8. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So the trailer for The Muppet's Haunted Mansion came out a few days ago and I just saw it, and it actually looks really good! Wow

Definitely watching this on Halloween unless I can't wait until then, since this comes out on October 8. Tongue
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw man, I haven't watched anything with The Muppets for a long while. Disappointed it's only on Disney+ at the moment. Would've totally watched it if it was on something I have access to, which is like two things if I don't count YouTube and Twitch, which were very unlikely to feature that.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Aw man, I haven't watched anything with The Muppets for a long while. Disappointed it's only on Disney+ at the moment. Would've totally watched it if it was on something I have access to, which is like two things if I don't count YouTube and Twitch, which were very unlikely to feature that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 27th, 2021, 10:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Assuming it isn't region restricted I could always lend you our login to watch it when it comes out if @ShiraNoMai isn't opposed to it. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 27th, 2021, 10:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Assuming it isn't region restricted I could always lend you our login to watch it when it comes out if @ShiraNoMai isn't opposed to it. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If I ask my brother (account holder) about making you another profile or just loaning you the login, then perhaps we can. Otherwise, I do believe you can do the 7 day free trial and just watch it when you're ready to then

I'm pretty stoked about a new Muppets movie. Really hard to do one of those bad, and even the more recent ones are good as hell
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If I ask my brother (account holder) about making you another profile or just loaning you the login, then perhaps we can. Otherwise, I do believe you can do the 7 day free trial and just watch it when you're ready to then

I'm pretty stoked about a new Muppets movie. Really hard to do one of those bad, and even the more recent ones are good as hell
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, if there's a free trial than I'll use that. If I can't, I still don't want to bother you guys over letting me use your brother's account. I think that's asking too much, and I'm not bothered if I miss it, not desperate to watch. I've still yet to watch the two odd Toy Story shorts, one Halloween and whatever the other one was.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, if there's a free trial than I'll use that. If I can't, I still don't want to bother you guys over letting me use your brother's account. I think that's asking too much, and I'm not bothered if I miss it, not desperate to watch. I've still yet to watch the two odd Toy Story shorts, one Halloween and whatever the other one was.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So out of nowhere the first trailer for the live action Uncharted movie just dropped:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So out of nowhere the first trailer for the live action Uncharted movie just dropped:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just wanted to share this because I thought it was incredibly funny. I just saw that Bruce Willis got his own category for the Razzie awards this year because he was in a total of eight movies last year, and his performance in all of them was apparently very bad:

WORST PERFORMANCE by Bruce Willis in a 2021 movie
  • Bruce Willis, “American Siege”
  • Bruce Willis, “Apex”
  • Bruce Willis, “Cosmic Sin”
  • Bruce Willis, “Deadlock”
  • Bruce Willis, “Fortress”
  • Bruce Willis, “Midnight in the Switchgrass”
  • Bruce Willis, “Out of Death”
  • Bruce Willis, “Survive the Game”
I didn't even know he had been in any movies last year and I've never heard of any of these. I'm impressed he even had the time to have a role in eight movies that all released in the same year. Blink

Do you think you'll dare to cover any of these movies in your rants @Maniakkid25? Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just wanted to share this because I thought it was incredibly funny. I just saw that Bruce Willis got his own category for the Razzie awards this year because he was in a total of eight movies last year, and his performance in all of them was apparently very bad:

WORST PERFORMANCE by Bruce Willis in a 2021 movie
  • Bruce Willis, “American Siege”
  • Bruce Willis, “Apex”
  • Bruce Willis, “Cosmic Sin”
  • Bruce Willis, “Deadlock”
  • Bruce Willis, “Fortress”
  • Bruce Willis, “Midnight in the Switchgrass”
  • Bruce Willis, “Out of Death”
  • Bruce Willis, “Survive the Game”
I didn't even know he had been in any movies last year and I've never heard of any of these. I'm impressed he even had the time to have a role in eight movies that all released in the same year. Blink

Do you think you'll dare to cover any of these movies in your rants @Maniakkid25? Tongue
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I think I came across Apex or Survive the Game but didn't know he was in them, nor do I remember anything about those movies other than recognising they are a recent movie titles. But damn, 8. No wonder seems like they were just making movies to shove him in and not have him focus on a role and do a....whatever performance he may be able to do if he wasn't doing so many. XD

Oh yeah, this where the Uncharted trailer is. I don't even know if good reviews will entice me, and I hate being the person who sees only images and go "nope. no chance" on something I could potentially like/already be a fan of.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I think I came across Apex or Survive the Game but didn't know he was in them, nor do I remember anything about those movies other than recognising they are a recent movie titles. But damn, 8. No wonder seems like they were just making movies to shove him in and not have him focus on a role and do a....whatever performance he may be able to do if he wasn't doing so many. XD

Oh yeah, this where the Uncharted trailer is. I don't even know if good reviews will entice me, and I hate being the person who sees only images and go "nope. no chance" on something I could potentially like/already be a fan of.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My gut feeling is the Uncharted will be mediocre: OK at best, and a trashfire insult at worst. I'll be impressed if it's the OK result, because then I'll have to actually watch it Angry
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My gut feeling is the Uncharted will be mediocre: OK at best, and a trashfire insult at worst. I'll be impressed if it's the OK result, because then I'll have to actually watch it Angry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,908 1,626,497 Apr 22nd, 2024, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 33 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Sonic The Hedgehog (Movie Series) | Sonic 3 Logo Reveal Moonface 54 17,821 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:05 PM
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,461 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Sequel Announced Moonface 54 6,470 Mar 12th, 2024, 11:49 PM