Games You Planned To Get, But Didn't
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We've all been there (I hope). A game gets announced, you're really digging what the developers are showing off in trailers and giving away in interviews and hands on experiences. The release date is getting closer, and perhaps during the wait you've been persuaded to throw down a pre-order. Then the game is almost out, or is out, and suddenly you find your plans have changed. Maybe something bad about the game came to light? Perhaps you just decided you didn't want it as much as you thought and didn't care any longer? Were you waiting for a sale that never came or did and you just forgot it in favour of something else that caught your eye?

One that I'm sure is a similar tale for many who had interest in this game, is Aliens: Colonial Marines. Everything at the start looked and sounded so good. I hadn't really experienced the sting of vertical slices and stuff yet, so to me surely the final product could only be good, right? Well....we all know how it went. My plans started to change when the game featured at MCM London Comic Con prior to its release, and although I had fun with the multi-player, some things felt off to me. Acid blood did virtually no damage, and therefore using a shotgun at dangerously close range against an acid blooded alien should not have ended up as being a very viable option for survival. In the following Q&A, I asked about it, and got an answer that would've got a decent judges score at a gymnastics competition. A lot of other concerns from other people were met with similar fates. Feeling unsure, I decided I would wait to see if the things I felt detracted from what should absolutely be part of an Alien game would be fixed. Come launch time, whether they were fixed or not was redundant compared to the grand scale of things that were broken, missing, or nothing like earlier footage had made it out to be. Any remaining interest I had basically died right there. Eh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We've all been there (I hope). A game gets announced, you're really digging what the developers are showing off in trailers and giving away in interviews and hands on experiences. The release date is getting closer, and perhaps during the wait you've been persuaded to throw down a pre-order. Then the game is almost out, or is out, and suddenly you find your plans have changed. Maybe something bad about the game came to light? Perhaps you just decided you didn't want it as much as you thought and didn't care any longer? Were you waiting for a sale that never came or did and you just forgot it in favour of something else that caught your eye?

One that I'm sure is a similar tale for many who had interest in this game, is Aliens: Colonial Marines. Everything at the start looked and sounded so good. I hadn't really experienced the sting of vertical slices and stuff yet, so to me surely the final product could only be good, right? Well....we all know how it went. My plans started to change when the game featured at MCM London Comic Con prior to its release, and although I had fun with the multi-player, some things felt off to me. Acid blood did virtually no damage, and therefore using a shotgun at dangerously close range against an acid blooded alien should not have ended up as being a very viable option for survival. In the following Q&A, I asked about it, and got an answer that would've got a decent judges score at a gymnastics competition. A lot of other concerns from other people were met with similar fates. Feeling unsure, I decided I would wait to see if the things I felt detracted from what should absolutely be part of an Alien game would be fixed. Come launch time, whether they were fixed or not was redundant compared to the grand scale of things that were broken, missing, or nothing like earlier footage had made it out to be. Any remaining interest I had basically died right there. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Hmm, I think the most recent example of this for me was Pokemon Sword and Shield. I wasn't too interested in the game at announcement, but I eventually got to the point where I was like, "Eh, I suppose I'll go ahead and jump in and see how it is." Then all the crappy details over the game came out, each Pokemon reveal showcasing such horrendous designs that got worse and worse, and the overall lack of effort that GF seemed to have put into the game killed my interest for it. Now I'm just going to wait a few years for it to eventually go on sale at some point and hopefully I can pick Sword up for like $20 or so.

Other than that I honestly can't think if any other game that would fit the question asked. There are games that released that I wanted that I have yet to get, but that was less about losing interest and more about me just being lazy and never got around to ordering them yet (Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice being one of these games. Still want it, just haven't gotten myself around to ordering it yet).
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Hmm, I think the most recent example of this for me was Pokemon Sword and Shield. I wasn't too interested in the game at announcement, but I eventually got to the point where I was like, "Eh, I suppose I'll go ahead and jump in and see how it is." Then all the crappy details over the game came out, each Pokemon reveal showcasing such horrendous designs that got worse and worse, and the overall lack of effort that GF seemed to have put into the game killed my interest for it. Now I'm just going to wait a few years for it to eventually go on sale at some point and hopefully I can pick Sword up for like $20 or so.

Other than that I honestly can't think if any other game that would fit the question asked. There are games that released that I wanted that I have yet to get, but that was less about losing interest and more about me just being lazy and never got around to ordering them yet (Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice being one of these games. Still want it, just haven't gotten myself around to ordering it yet).
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I planned to get RollerCoaster Tycoon World. I grew up with the RCT series - and so, when I heard that a new entry in the franchise was coming out, I was naturally very excited. Sadly, when it did come out, the reviews were atrocious, so I decided to skip it and get Planet Coaster instead. Then, I just couldn't get into it, but I guess that's a matter for another topic Tongue .

Another one was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I got the first three games in this series for the PC: I loved the first two, and I liked the third one (felt like a bit of a step down, but it was still good enough to hold my interest in the franchise). Unfortunately, when the fourth game came out, I was very unimpressed with the reviews: they were pretty negative, and the worst part for me was that hunting for secret areas (one of my favourite aspects of the previous games) had been taken out completely. So, I decided to skip over this game.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I planned to get RollerCoaster Tycoon World. I grew up with the RCT series - and so, when I heard that a new entry in the franchise was coming out, I was naturally very excited. Sadly, when it did come out, the reviews were atrocious, so I decided to skip it and get Planet Coaster instead. Then, I just couldn't get into it, but I guess that's a matter for another topic Tongue .

Another one was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I got the first three games in this series for the PC: I loved the first two, and I liked the third one (felt like a bit of a step down, but it was still good enough to hold my interest in the franchise). Unfortunately, when the fourth game came out, I was very unimpressed with the reviews: they were pretty negative, and the worst part for me was that hunting for secret areas (one of my favourite aspects of the previous games) had been taken out completely. So, I decided to skip over this game.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually had planned to get Little Town Hero but when I saw the reviews & some game play for it I was like; 'Nope'. So I didn't get it due to it reviewing & showing so badly.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually had planned to get Little Town Hero but when I saw the reviews & some game play for it I was like; 'Nope'. So I didn't get it due to it reviewing & showing so badly.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
As stated in a recent post of mine. I was going to get Tom Clancy's The Division 2 today but saw a recap of the storyline last night and have no decided against it.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
As stated in a recent post of mine. I was going to get Tom Clancy's The Division 2 today but saw a recap of the storyline last night and have no decided against it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 Years, 27 Games Maniakkid25 27 8,113 Mar 26th, 2024, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Game Details You (Maybe) Didn't Notice? Moonface 5 214 Mar 20th, 2024, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Questioning "Unanswerable" Things in Games? Moonface 7 568 Mar 18th, 2024, 09:37 PM
  Are Big Budget Games Sustainable? Moonface 2 91 Mar 13th, 2024, 09:09 PM
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 6 725 Feb 13th, 2024, 11:14 PM