Star Wars
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I just got around to watching the trailer for Star Wars: Visions, and holy shit this looks awesome! Wow

Studio Trigger's episodes are the ones I'm most excited for from the trailer, and they are also one of two studios getting two episodes; the other studio is Science SARU. I haven't seen anything primarily by them, but they did work on Space Dandy a little bit apparently. The other studios are: Kamikaze Douga, Geno Studio (Twin Engine), Studio Colorido (Twin Engine), Kinema Citrus, and Production I.G..

I'll give Disney credit where it's due, they've put out decent Star Wars stuff after the disaster of Episodes 7-9. Shame they couldn't have given those movies the same level of care that's being put into the other Star Wars stuff being created these days. Eh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I just got around to watching the trailer for Star Wars: Visions, and holy shit this looks awesome! Wow

Studio Trigger's episodes are the ones I'm most excited for from the trailer, and they are also one of two studios getting two episodes; the other studio is Science SARU. I haven't seen anything primarily by them, but they did work on Space Dandy a little bit apparently. The other studios are: Kamikaze Douga, Geno Studio (Twin Engine), Studio Colorido (Twin Engine), Kinema Citrus, and Production I.G..

I'll give Disney credit where it's due, they've put out decent Star Wars stuff after the disaster of Episodes 7-9. Shame they couldn't have given those movies the same level of care that's being put into the other Star Wars stuff being created these days. Eh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This reminds me of what they did for The Matrix: a bunch of anime shorts done by established directors in the field. Those turned out really good, I kinda wish I watched them.

Will definitely catch these. Also looking forward to the Trigger shorts. I.G. as well, considering their work with AoT and the like.

I wish they got ufotable to do one. They do absolutely gorgeous animation work.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This reminds me of what they did for The Matrix: a bunch of anime shorts done by established directors in the field. Those turned out really good, I kinda wish I watched them.

Will definitely catch these. Also looking forward to the Trigger shorts. I.G. as well, considering their work with AoT and the like.

I wish they got ufotable to do one. They do absolutely gorgeous animation work.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'll give it credit, that trailer looked cool but I'm just too done with Star Wars that even anime can't bring me back into it. New or "new" villains and protagonists being in and no repeat from trailer of characters we already know of appearing being the main focus is good though. Then again as I haven't been into the franchise for a long while maybe there some known characters? Eh.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'll give it credit, that trailer looked cool but I'm just too done with Star Wars that even anime can't bring me back into it. New or "new" villains and protagonists being in and no repeat from trailer of characters we already know of appearing being the main focus is good though. Then again as I haven't been into the franchise for a long while maybe there some known characters? Eh.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: I personally didn't recognize anyone in the trailer, but I don't know if any of the characters might be from any of the literature of Star Wars.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: I personally didn't recognize anyone in the trailer, but I don't know if any of the characters might be from any of the literature of Star Wars.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Has anyone watched Visions yet?

Moony and I got to watch the first two episodes and they're really interesting! They're shorts, around 14-18 min in length, so they're easily digestible.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Has anyone watched Visions yet?

Moony and I got to watch the first two episodes and they're really interesting! They're shorts, around 14-18 min in length, so they're easily digestible.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 19th, 2021, 12:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Based on what I watched so far I'd suggest watching it. It's mostly Star Wars just in setting alone, since the episodes are relatively short and very simple in their plots, and each one is independent of the rest so you aren't having to keep track of anything or anyone. There are references to already established things but they aren't remotely the focus and are almost like a fan service cameo when they show up.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 19th, 2021, 12:36 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Based on what I watched so far I'd suggest watching it. It's mostly Star Wars just in setting alone, since the episodes are relatively short and very simple in their plots, and each one is independent of the rest so you aren't having to keep track of anything or anyone. There are references to already established things but they aren't remotely the focus and are almost like a fan service cameo when they show up.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That Studio Trigger one was so them, so good. I think the next episode is also Trigger but I'm not certain but I'm curious as to what other zany ideas they have for Star Wars ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That Studio Trigger one was so them, so good. I think the next episode is also Trigger but I'm not certain but I'm curious as to what other zany ideas they have for Star Wars ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Finished Visions last night, and while not every episode grabbed me there are some incredibly good ones in there. The last two episodes are incredibly good and I'm tied between episode four and episode eight for having the best animation.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Finished Visions last night, and while not every episode grabbed me there are some incredibly good ones in there. The last two episodes are incredibly good and I'm tied between episode four and episode eight for having the best animation.