Fondest Gaming Memories
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was just reading something about the Resistance series by Insomniac and a comment mentioned the multiplayer of the first two games and it got me thinking back to how awesome those modes were back in the day. I spent so many hours in those, probably enough to make them get into my top three most played online games for the PS3. Manchester on Resistance 1 was always either trying to keep the other team off the roof of the cathedral or hiding out in one of the houses around the edge of the map. I'd usually hide out in a house by myself and grenade people from the windows as they went by (my building was a poor sniper spot so no one often bothered to go in it) until someone would decide to try and get rid of me by coming inside. ROFL

The game I find myself thinking about the most though and everything that came with it is LittleBigPlanet 2. That game is just so special to me and I wish LBP3 had been able to engage me more than it did. Sad

What about you guys? What memories do you have or what games do you often find yourself thinking back on?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I was just reading something about the Resistance series by Insomniac and a comment mentioned the multiplayer of the first two games and it got me thinking back to how awesome those modes were back in the day. I spent so many hours in those, probably enough to make them get into my top three most played online games for the PS3. Manchester on Resistance 1 was always either trying to keep the other team off the roof of the cathedral or hiding out in one of the houses around the edge of the map. I'd usually hide out in a house by myself and grenade people from the windows as they went by (my building was a poor sniper spot so no one often bothered to go in it) until someone would decide to try and get rid of me by coming inside. ROFL

The game I find myself thinking about the most though and everything that came with it is LittleBigPlanet 2. That game is just so special to me and I wish LBP3 had been able to engage me more than it did. Sad

What about you guys? What memories do you have or what games do you often find yourself thinking back on?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Some of my fondest memories were from FTL: Faster than Light:

• My first victory. It was in the Stealth A cruiser (not an easy ship to play, which made it all the more impressive), and it came after a string of at least 100 straight losses. That really felt like an achievement Grin !

• My first time using a Weapon Pre-Igniter (which fully-charges all weapons before the battle). That was great fun Grin .

• That time when I got this weapons setup. The Burst Laser II is considered a top-tier weapon: it fires three laser shots every 12 seconds (faster with a skilled-up weapons guy), and having one on your ship is always very handy indeed. Only, as you can see from the screenshot, I didn't have *one*. I picked up two from random events; bought a third one at a store; and the fourth came from my ship's starting setup. This meant I was able to fire off a volley of 12 laser shots every 12 seconds. (On top of that, I had a Hacking system - and, if I used it on the enemy's Piloting... then, all 12 of those shots were guaranteed to hit. Yeah, that game went right into Easy Mode LOL !!!

• This screenshot, of my lowest-ever winning score on Hard difficulty. I got no luck all game: I got very little scrap from enemy ships, and what I did get was mostly spent on repairs and consumables, rather than upgrades. However, I managed to use every ounce of my skill to scrape something together, and eke over the finish line.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Some of my fondest memories were from FTL: Faster than Light:

• My first victory. It was in the Stealth A cruiser (not an easy ship to play, which made it all the more impressive), and it came after a string of at least 100 straight losses. That really felt like an achievement Grin !

• My first time using a Weapon Pre-Igniter (which fully-charges all weapons before the battle). That was great fun Grin .

• That time when I got this weapons setup. The Burst Laser II is considered a top-tier weapon: it fires three laser shots every 12 seconds (faster with a skilled-up weapons guy), and having one on your ship is always very handy indeed. Only, as you can see from the screenshot, I didn't have *one*. I picked up two from random events; bought a third one at a store; and the fourth came from my ship's starting setup. This meant I was able to fire off a volley of 12 laser shots every 12 seconds. (On top of that, I had a Hacking system - and, if I used it on the enemy's Piloting... then, all 12 of those shots were guaranteed to hit. Yeah, that game went right into Easy Mode LOL !!!

• This screenshot, of my lowest-ever winning score on Hard difficulty. I got no luck all game: I got very little scrap from enemy ships, and what I did get was mostly spent on repairs and consumables, rather than upgrades. However, I managed to use every ounce of my skill to scrape something together, and eke over the finish line.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I wouldn't even know where to begin with this. Most everyone here knows how much of an obsessive gamer I am, so you can imagine that I have a long list of fond gaming memories. Trying to sit here and pick out the ones I'd consider to be the ones I'm most fond of would be a very difficult task.

I guess I can talk about one instance that, while it may not be my fondest memory, is a memory that really helped me out at a bad time.

The memory in particular comes from Golden Sun. The reason being is that Golden Sun became one of my favorite RPGs ever and I found the game completely by random chance. It was back in July 2002 when I was 12-years old and I had just had my accident that caused me to suffer breaking the Ulna and Radius in both of my arms at the same time. Stuck in full arm casts for my entire summer vacation, I had just gotten the OK from my doctor that I could start playing my GBA for an hour or two a day to help get an early start on restoring motion to my hands/fingers, my parents took me to Best Buy to pick out a couple of games to play. That's when I saw Golden Sun among the games, and without knowing anything about it, I picked it. Turned out to be one of the best gaming picks of my life.

It's a memory that sticks with me because it was a very bright spot in what was a very terrible time in my life. It was the last summer I was going to spend in my hometown, and instead of being able to use the summer to spend time with all of my friends for the last time, I was instead stuck inside the entire summer with two broken arms. That was a pretty huge bummer, so finding Golden Sun out of complete random chance, and having it become one of my favorite games of all-time was a huge boost to my happiness at the time.

This was also the summer I discovered Final Fantasy Tactics, and I absolutely hated it at first. But a few months after playing it for the first time and dropping it right away, something made me go back to it and I'm glad I did, because it also became one of my favorite games.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I wouldn't even know where to begin with this. Most everyone here knows how much of an obsessive gamer I am, so you can imagine that I have a long list of fond gaming memories. Trying to sit here and pick out the ones I'd consider to be the ones I'm most fond of would be a very difficult task.

I guess I can talk about one instance that, while it may not be my fondest memory, is a memory that really helped me out at a bad time.

The memory in particular comes from Golden Sun. The reason being is that Golden Sun became one of my favorite RPGs ever and I found the game completely by random chance. It was back in July 2002 when I was 12-years old and I had just had my accident that caused me to suffer breaking the Ulna and Radius in both of my arms at the same time. Stuck in full arm casts for my entire summer vacation, I had just gotten the OK from my doctor that I could start playing my GBA for an hour or two a day to help get an early start on restoring motion to my hands/fingers, my parents took me to Best Buy to pick out a couple of games to play. That's when I saw Golden Sun among the games, and without knowing anything about it, I picked it. Turned out to be one of the best gaming picks of my life.

It's a memory that sticks with me because it was a very bright spot in what was a very terrible time in my life. It was the last summer I was going to spend in my hometown, and instead of being able to use the summer to spend time with all of my friends for the last time, I was instead stuck inside the entire summer with two broken arms. That was a pretty huge bummer, so finding Golden Sun out of complete random chance, and having it become one of my favorite games of all-time was a huge boost to my happiness at the time.

This was also the summer I discovered Final Fantasy Tactics, and I absolutely hated it at first. But a few months after playing it for the first time and dropping it right away, something made me go back to it and I'm glad I did, because it also became one of my favorite games.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think I've ever had a game get me through a rough spot, so that was a nice story to hear @Dragon Lord! =3

Crash Bash has a lot of fond memories for me, since it's the game I've spent by far the most time playing with my dad. We'll either compete against each other in Ballistix in a first to seven wins battle, or we work together in Space Bash to blow as many holes in the floor as possible. A standout moment will always be when we were tied 6 and 6 in Ballistix, the AI were both dead, and we each had more or less the same number of lives left (you died when you let in 15 balls). It got super intense near the end as we both saw the counters sitting at 3 or so, and then right at the end with both of us having 1 life each, we both scored in the others goal at the exact same moment to cause a tie. Only other time we've tied in a really insane way is in Wip3out when we both somehow managed to cross the finish line at the same time without realising we were right next to each other. XD

Does anyone else have fond memories that were from playing with somebody else? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think I've ever had a game get me through a rough spot, so that was a nice story to hear @Dragon Lord! =3

Crash Bash has a lot of fond memories for me, since it's the game I've spent by far the most time playing with my dad. We'll either compete against each other in Ballistix in a first to seven wins battle, or we work together in Space Bash to blow as many holes in the floor as possible. A standout moment will always be when we were tied 6 and 6 in Ballistix, the AI were both dead, and we each had more or less the same number of lives left (you died when you let in 15 balls). It got super intense near the end as we both saw the counters sitting at 3 or so, and then right at the end with both of us having 1 life each, we both scored in the others goal at the exact same moment to cause a tie. Only other time we've tied in a really insane way is in Wip3out when we both somehow managed to cross the finish line at the same time without realising we were right next to each other. XD

Does anyone else have fond memories that were from playing with somebody else? Smile
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
my mother and I played ocarina of time together when it first came out. yeah it is single player but we were solving the puzzles and shit together. one of the few good memories of time between my mother and I.

as for a fond memory without her, I'd have up say it was the entire mega man series. I was, and still am, a huge mega man fan. love the entire series so much. back when I was playing battle network and mega man zero, can't remember which one, I was online looking stuff up and it led me to my first forum ever, a mega man themed one, where I met great friends that eventually led me to Gary's forum and over a decade later, that man is my best friend and brother.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
my mother and I played ocarina of time together when it first came out. yeah it is single player but we were solving the puzzles and shit together. one of the few good memories of time between my mother and I.

as for a fond memory without her, I'd have up say it was the entire mega man series. I was, and still am, a huge mega man fan. love the entire series so much. back when I was playing battle network and mega man zero, can't remember which one, I was online looking stuff up and it led me to my first forum ever, a mega man themed one, where I met great friends that eventually led me to Gary's forum and over a decade later, that man is my best friend and brother.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Dang. If I only had one choice for a fondest game it would definitely have to be playing through and beating Yoshi's Story on the Super Nintendo with my dad. We'd pass the controller back and forth each and every time baby Mario would start crying and as you'd know if you ever played that game, it happens a lot.

Since then he (my dad) has passed away and boy do I miss just sitting down and playing something with him. Be it a video game or just going outside and playing catch. Yes, I'm now 28 going on 29 years old but all I could say is good times...good times.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Dang. If I only had one choice for a fondest game it would definitely have to be playing through and beating Yoshi's Story on the Super Nintendo with my dad. We'd pass the controller back and forth each and every time baby Mario would start crying and as you'd know if you ever played that game, it happens a lot.

Since then he (my dad) has passed away and boy do I miss just sitting down and playing something with him. Be it a video game or just going outside and playing catch. Yes, I'm now 28 going on 29 years old but all I could say is good times...good times.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Gaming Purchase Mr EliteL 358 125,284 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 77 Mar 23rd, 2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,539 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  How Much Do You Think NFT's Will Be Injected into Gaming? Moonface 11 3,920 Feb 9th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nomad
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,708 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface