Tomb Raider (Series) | I-III Remastered Details
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The only game in this series that I've ever played is The Last Revelation. It was one of a number of games that I inherited, when one of my cousins moved to Canada, and he gave me his Dreamcast and his collection of games (which he couldn't take with him).

I quite enjoyed it - although, I don't think I got anywhere close to completing it Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The only game in this series that I've ever played is The Last Revelation. It was one of a number of games that I inherited, when one of my cousins moved to Canada, and he gave me his Dreamcast and his collection of games (which he couldn't take with him).

I quite enjoyed it - although, I don't think I got anywhere close to completing it Tongue .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
TLR is the only game I've not completed as well as Angel of Darkness. Latter was just constantly soft locking me in progressing, and the former was just dull compared to the games before it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
TLR is the only game I've not completed as well as Angel of Darkness. Latter was just constantly soft locking me in progressing, and the former was just dull compared to the games before it.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
TLR had way too many puzzles but still enjoyed it.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2021, 02:12 PM)Mercury Wrote:
That and a huge lack of direction I think. A lot of levels involved traveling between areas which made it hard to tell what direction you were meant to be going in.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2021, 02:12 PM)Mercury Wrote:
That and a huge lack of direction I think. A lot of levels involved traveling between areas which made it hard to tell what direction you were meant to be going in.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Announced
The original Tomb Raider trilogy is returning with remastered visuals and all of the level expansions in 2024! You'll be able to switch freely between the original polygonal visuals and the new remastered ones.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered will be released on February 14, 2024.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Announced
The original Tomb Raider trilogy is returning with remastered visuals and all of the level expansions in 2024! You'll be able to switch freely between the original polygonal visuals and the new remastered ones.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered will be released on February 14, 2024.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered | New Details
Since its announcement last September, there hasn't been anything shared about what the remasters of Tomb Raider's I-III will entail besides new visuals. With less than a month to go until release though, new details have finally been shared, including a breakdown of what the new control scheme will be like, which has been a point of interest considering the original games were built with tank controls and a grid based level design in mind.
  • Toggleable Visuals - Players will be able to swap between the old and new graphical style at any time. It is unknown if this is a menu option or if it'll be a live toggle such as that seen in Halo Anniversary.
  • Original Source Code - The games use the original source code and engine, ensuring that it feels exactly as if you were playing the original games.
  • Modern Control Option - The Modern Control option is inspired by the Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld era of Tomb Raider. These changes are felt mostly in the way Lara moves – the right stick has full camera control and Lara moves directionally based on camera position.
  • QoL Options - Whether you choose the Classic or Modern control scheme, there are also other QoL options which include the following: Walk to Action, Action Indicators, Vibration, Dead Zone, Sensitivity, and Horizontal/Vertical Inversion.
  • Boss Health Bars - In the original games, you never knew how close a boss was to dying, which could make it tough to know whether it would be a waste or not to use one of your weapons that have limited ammunition. The remasters will feature a health bar for all boss fights, and whether this is optional was not disclosed.
  • 3D Items Replace Sprites - While the inventory menu used full 3D models for all pickups and collectibles, their in-game versions were all 2D sprites. These have all been changed to 3D models for better consistency.
  • Over 200 Trophies - With three games, there's a lot of potential for trophies/achievements, and so there will be a total of more than 200 available. Yes, one of them does involve locking the butler in the freezer.
  • Photo Mode - The environments of the original Tomb Raider trilogy were full of incredible vistas and scenic views packed with edge of your seat platforming and thrilling action. You can now capture any of this in all new ways with the new Photo Mode, which allows you to pose Lara, choose her outfit, freeze gameplay, toggle between classic and modern graphics, and showcase these environments.
  • Baked and real-time lighting effects – These changes add to the immersion and mood of the environment.
  • New model for Lara Croft – Her original outfits are stunning. Her silhouette—iconic. Need I say more?
There are multiple screenshots and comparison visuals alongside all this information, which is best seen by just going to the PlayStation Blog post that originally shared all these new details.

Dang they really outdid themselves with this! I would have liked to see the modern controls in action just to see how it actually works because even though I have played the LAU trilogy I still can't fully picture how the new control scheme works in practice. I'll give it a try when I get these games though to see how it feels, probably in Lara's Mansion, and see whether or not I want to stick to the original controls or not.
I also love how her new model looks! I hope these remasters sell well so we get more games in the old style of Tomb Raider or at least with the older character of Lara Croft instead of that intolerable new version of Lara Croft that was in the Survivor trilogy. Give me back the take-no-shit badass that Lara Croft was instead of a girl with daddy issues and zero confidence. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered | New Details
Since its announcement last September, there hasn't been anything shared about what the remasters of Tomb Raider's I-III will entail besides new visuals. With less than a month to go until release though, new details have finally been shared, including a breakdown of what the new control scheme will be like, which has been a point of interest considering the original games were built with tank controls and a grid based level design in mind.
  • Toggleable Visuals - Players will be able to swap between the old and new graphical style at any time. It is unknown if this is a menu option or if it'll be a live toggle such as that seen in Halo Anniversary.
  • Original Source Code - The games use the original source code and engine, ensuring that it feels exactly as if you were playing the original games.
  • Modern Control Option - The Modern Control option is inspired by the Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld era of Tomb Raider. These changes are felt mostly in the way Lara moves – the right stick has full camera control and Lara moves directionally based on camera position.
  • QoL Options - Whether you choose the Classic or Modern control scheme, there are also other QoL options which include the following: Walk to Action, Action Indicators, Vibration, Dead Zone, Sensitivity, and Horizontal/Vertical Inversion.
  • Boss Health Bars - In the original games, you never knew how close a boss was to dying, which could make it tough to know whether it would be a waste or not to use one of your weapons that have limited ammunition. The remasters will feature a health bar for all boss fights, and whether this is optional was not disclosed.
  • 3D Items Replace Sprites - While the inventory menu used full 3D models for all pickups and collectibles, their in-game versions were all 2D sprites. These have all been changed to 3D models for better consistency.
  • Over 200 Trophies - With three games, there's a lot of potential for trophies/achievements, and so there will be a total of more than 200 available. Yes, one of them does involve locking the butler in the freezer.
  • Photo Mode - The environments of the original Tomb Raider trilogy were full of incredible vistas and scenic views packed with edge of your seat platforming and thrilling action. You can now capture any of this in all new ways with the new Photo Mode, which allows you to pose Lara, choose her outfit, freeze gameplay, toggle between classic and modern graphics, and showcase these environments.
  • Baked and real-time lighting effects – These changes add to the immersion and mood of the environment.
  • New model for Lara Croft – Her original outfits are stunning. Her silhouette—iconic. Need I say more?
There are multiple screenshots and comparison visuals alongside all this information, which is best seen by just going to the PlayStation Blog post that originally shared all these new details.

Dang they really outdid themselves with this! I would have liked to see the modern controls in action just to see how it actually works because even though I have played the LAU trilogy I still can't fully picture how the new control scheme works in practice. I'll give it a try when I get these games though to see how it feels, probably in Lara's Mansion, and see whether or not I want to stick to the original controls or not.
I also love how her new model looks! I hope these remasters sell well so we get more games in the old style of Tomb Raider or at least with the older character of Lara Croft instead of that intolerable new version of Lara Croft that was in the Survivor trilogy. Give me back the take-no-shit badass that Lara Croft was instead of a girl with daddy issues and zero confidence. Whistle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,946 Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 26,009 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,457 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,274 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,852 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface