Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The tweet is showing up now, but thanks for including the direct link. Yup the images wasn't what I was expecting but what I was hoping them (Tom & Jerry themselves that is) to be, similar to the animation we already know and love. Although now I'm hoping their antics won't be a straight rehash of what episodes already have, I don't mind some jokes being repeated in a slightly different way but want to see something new and original.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The tweet is showing up now, but thanks for including the direct link. Yup the images wasn't what I was expecting but what I was hoping them (Tom & Jerry themselves that is) to be, similar to the animation we already know and love. Although now I'm hoping their antics won't be a straight rehash of what episodes already have, I don't mind some jokes being repeated in a slightly different way but want to see something new and original.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The trailer had antics but I didn't recognize all of them, and those that I did recognize were basically inspired rather than an exact copy.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The trailer had antics but I didn't recognize all of them, and those that I did recognize were basically inspired rather than an exact copy.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The trailer for the live action Tom & Jerry movie has been officially released today by Warner Bros.!

This is the same trailer that leaked a few weeks ago. I appreciated it then, but I appreciate it even more now I have the sound to help give context to what the movie is about. Definitely interested in seeing it unless it turns out to review awfully, but hopefully it at least turns out to be OK.

I feel like it's been a while since there was a live action/animated cartoon movie too. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The trailer for the live action Tom & Jerry movie has been officially released today by Warner Bros.!

This is the same trailer that leaked a few weeks ago. I appreciated it then, but I appreciate it even more now I have the sound to help give context to what the movie is about. Definitely interested in seeing it unless it turns out to review awfully, but hopefully it at least turns out to be OK.

I feel like it's been a while since there was a live action/animated cartoon movie too. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
OK, that does look good. Seeing many human characters get what looks to be very involved in their antics as well makes me pleased too. I'm looking forward to what happens to the hotel. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
OK, that does look good. Seeing many human characters get what looks to be very involved in their antics as well makes me pleased too. I'm looking forward to what happens to the hotel. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
One complaint I saw elsewhere that I agree with is that apart from Tom and Jerry, the only other animated characters of note are the elephants. There doesn't seem to be many other animated characters at all, and because of that I think there should be a reason why in the movie so it doesn't just blatantly look like they didn't want to do a fully animated movie to just save on budget.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
One complaint I saw elsewhere that I agree with is that apart from Tom and Jerry, the only other animated characters of note are the elephants. There doesn't seem to be many other animated characters at all, and because of that I think there should be a reason why in the movie so it doesn't just blatantly look like they didn't want to do a fully animated movie to just save on budget.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They had doves at the beginning as well, though not sure how much that counts.

It looked cute to me. I have hope it'll be relatively decent, but I do see there being a larger focus on the "plot" and human characters, and I'm unsure if that's a fault with the trailer or the full movie. It does feel like Tom and Jerry are just happening in the background while the world around them is largely unaffected.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They had doves at the beginning as well, though not sure how much that counts.

It looked cute to me. I have hope it'll be relatively decent, but I do see there being a larger focus on the "plot" and human characters, and I'm unsure if that's a fault with the trailer or the full movie. It does feel like Tom and Jerry are just happening in the background while the world around them is largely unaffected.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I discounted the doves just because they didn't show up in a way that seemed to be part of the plot at all and I don't think they'll interact with the human cast at all.

I'm calling it now that Tom and Jerry's antics cause a problem that makes them stop fighting to resolve the issue and then they go back to their old ways at the end credits. I don't really see how else the movie can go without it being just 90 minutes of antics until the manager has enough and kicks Tom out, which would be incredibly dull and better suited to short episodes like the old days.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I discounted the doves just because they didn't show up in a way that seemed to be part of the plot at all and I don't think they'll interact with the human cast at all.

I'm calling it now that Tom and Jerry's antics cause a problem that makes them stop fighting to resolve the issue and then they go back to their old ways at the end credits. I don't really see how else the movie can go without it being just 90 minutes of antics until the manager has enough and kicks Tom out, which would be incredibly dull and better suited to short episodes like the old days.