Game Pictures & Videos Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Saw these and thought it looked really cool so thought I'd share here:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Saw these and thought it looked really cool so thought I'd share here:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw those! There's been some really good fan art out there for Hades, including these ones:

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw those! There's been some really good fan art out there for Hades, including these ones:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So someone put out a challenge where if someone could hit every name in the credits of SSBM, they would get $3000. All inputs had to be recorded so that no cheating can occur and original hardware had to be used too. And some crazy person managed to actually do it and be the first person to hit all 190 names. The previous high score was 182.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So someone put out a challenge where if someone could hit every name in the credits of SSBM, they would get $3000. All inputs had to be recorded so that no cheating can occur and original hardware had to be used too. And some crazy person managed to actually do it and be the first person to hit all 190 names. The previous high score was 182.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Are you kidding me, no one's done this before?! I might be remembering wrong but I swear I've shot every credit name before and thought nothing of it back in the day. Ahh now I have to get out my GC and see if I really can do it. If only there was a record in the game, maybe there is (there isn't). I swear... Hmm

EDIT: *cough* Ignore me....110. Man I wish I kept a record of my best credit game score at least. I should try again, out of practice.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Are you kidding me, no one's done this before?! I might be remembering wrong but I swear I've shot every credit name before and thought nothing of it back in the day. Ahh now I have to get out my GC and see if I really can do it. If only there was a record in the game, maybe there is (there isn't). I swear... Hmm

EDIT: *cough* Ignore me....110. Man I wish I kept a record of my best credit game score at least. I should try again, out of practice.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's actually pretty insane XD I always thought someone would've done it way earlier on, and maybe they have (like in EL's case, they could've just never reported/recorded it).

Someone 100% restored the original uncompressed OST for Super Mario World and it sounds amazing.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That's actually pretty insane XD I always thought someone would've done it way earlier on, and maybe they have (like in EL's case, they could've just never reported/recorded it).

Someone 100% restored the original uncompressed OST for Super Mario World and it sounds amazing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just had this on my YouTube feed and it's superb! XD

There's also this one which might be more suited for most of you. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just had this on my YouTube feed and it's superb! XD

There's also this one which might be more suited for most of you. Tongue

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh HISHE have a new series. I saw some of their stuff before but not this yet. Those are really great indeed. I checked out the Arkham Asylum ByteSize too and one of the animators Cas Van De Pol's Incredibles video as well.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh HISHE have a new series. I saw some of their stuff before but not this yet. Those are really great indeed. I checked out the Arkham Asylum ByteSize too and one of the animators Cas Van De Pol's Incredibles video as well.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Those videos are pretty good LOL

This clip from Barb's playthrough of OOT was interesting. The bottle tech made this really drawn out and the noise just built up to a loud crash at the end.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintyPerfectCid...KoNRYVe-6f
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Those videos are pretty good LOL

This clip from Barb's playthrough of OOT was interesting. The bottle tech made this really drawn out and the noise just built up to a loud crash at the end.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintyPerfectCid...KoNRYVe-6f
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Here's a meme picture that I think any gamer, especially RPG players, can feel:

2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the worst boss I've seen for healing is the one at the end of the second Doom Eternal DLC. He will heal himself to basically full health if he hits you, or if you hit him outside of any moment you're supposed to attack him. He will also do fake outs to make you think you can attack him but actually can't, just to make it harder for you to not hit him at the wrong time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the worst boss I've seen for healing is the one at the end of the second Doom Eternal DLC. He will heal himself to basically full health if he hits you, or if you hit him outside of any moment you're supposed to attack him. He will also do fake outs to make you think you can attack him but actually can't, just to make it harder for you to not hit him at the wrong time.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The worst case of a boss healing in a video game has to be in Final Fantasy XII.

There's an optional boss called Yiazmat who has over 50,000,000 HP, and when he gets down to 25 million, he casts Renew on himself, which fully restores his HP. You have to cast Reflect on Yiazmat before it does it, but the only problem is that if you're doing the fight blind, you have no clue that it's coming. This is especially bad in the PS2 version of FFXII, where damage is capped at 9,999 a hit. Not so bad in FFXII: TZA, where the damage cap was removed and you can get up to 99,999 per hit.

But yeah, imagine you're back in... what year was it, 2006? Some where around there, you're fighting this super boss with 50+ million HP, can insta-kill you with its physical attacks, and you spend two hours whittling it down to half HP only for it to fully restore its HP.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The worst case of a boss healing in a video game has to be in Final Fantasy XII.

There's an optional boss called Yiazmat who has over 50,000,000 HP, and when he gets down to 25 million, he casts Renew on himself, which fully restores his HP. You have to cast Reflect on Yiazmat before it does it, but the only problem is that if you're doing the fight blind, you have no clue that it's coming. This is especially bad in the PS2 version of FFXII, where damage is capped at 9,999 a hit. Not so bad in FFXII: TZA, where the damage cap was removed and you can get up to 99,999 per hit.

But yeah, imagine you're back in... what year was it, 2006? Some where around there, you're fighting this super boss with 50+ million HP, can insta-kill you with its physical attacks, and you spend two hours whittling it down to half HP only for it to fully restore its HP.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That's just bad game design to not even tell the player about that up front. It would be better to let that boss perform a heal earlier so you can learn the mechanic without having such a ridiculous punishment attached to it. If I'd encountered that myself blindly I'd have probably turned the game off in sheer annoyance. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That's just bad game design to not even tell the player about that up front. It would be better to let that boss perform a heal earlier so you can learn the mechanic without having such a ridiculous punishment attached to it. If I'd encountered that myself blindly I'd have probably turned the game off in sheer annoyance. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Mar 30th, 2021, 12:48 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I'll always remember the feeling of seeing a gym leader dare use a full restore on their Pokemon when I'd get them down to basically nothing. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

I'll always remember the feeling of seeing a gym leader dare use a full restore on their Pokemon when I'd get them down to basically nothing. ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 31st, 2021, 04:00 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Cases like this for me are what a player initially perceives as bullshit, but really it's completely fair because they're not doing a single thing you can't also do.
BotW Master Mode has some of the worst boss regeneration though, because any enemies in that mode start to regenerate health seconds after being attacked, and bosses have phases where they can't be attacked which means it's basically free heals for them.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 31st, 2021, 04:00 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Cases like this for me are what a player initially perceives as bullshit, but really it's completely fair because they're not doing a single thing you can't also do.
BotW Master Mode has some of the worst boss regeneration though, because any enemies in that mode start to regenerate health seconds after being attacked, and bosses have phases where they can't be attacked which means it's basically free heals for them.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's why you just get one Pokemon that can one-shot everything and not have to worry about it.  Whistle

Nah, but in Pokemon games it never felt that bad because usually you just reduce it back down to red HP on the same turn, so in the end it just becomes a waste of a turn in battle, which can be kind of annoying when they do it several times in a single battle. I don't think I've actually ever lost a battle in Pokemon because of a Gym Leader/Elite Four member using a potion though.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's why you just get one Pokemon that can one-shot everything and not have to worry about it.  Whistle

Nah, but in Pokemon games it never felt that bad because usually you just reduce it back down to red HP on the same turn, so in the end it just becomes a waste of a turn in battle, which can be kind of annoying when they do it several times in a single battle. I don't think I've actually ever lost a battle in Pokemon because of a Gym Leader/Elite Four member using a potion though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 771 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,970 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Activision Blizzard Situation Thread Moonface 66 14,860 Apr 12th, 2022, 06:39 PM
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,903 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM