Game Pictures & Videos Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I feel like I had a different thing to share in here than this, but I can't remember it so this'll have to do. I'm sure everyone here knows about the DidYouKnowGaming? channel on YouTube, and recently they put out this video about lost games:

I really love the stories of the games in this video. Nuclear Rush was super interesting because I never knew Sega had actually attempted a VR headset way back in the Genesis era, and the fact a game for it got found and fixed to run on current VR hardware is so cool! It's also crazy to see a game being developed entirely in secret from Capcom JP and then cancelled immediately when Capcom JP learned about it, because Capcom US didn't inform the developers that the game was a secret in the first place. Learning of the games themselves in this video is neat but I ended up more fascinated by what certain companies were doing or behaving like back in the day that I had no idea about.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I feel like I had a different thing to share in here than this, but I can't remember it so this'll have to do. I'm sure everyone here knows about the DidYouKnowGaming? channel on YouTube, and recently they put out this video about lost games:

I really love the stories of the games in this video. Nuclear Rush was super interesting because I never knew Sega had actually attempted a VR headset way back in the Genesis era, and the fact a game for it got found and fixed to run on current VR hardware is so cool! It's also crazy to see a game being developed entirely in secret from Capcom JP and then cancelled immediately when Capcom JP learned about it, because Capcom US didn't inform the developers that the game was a secret in the first place. Learning of the games themselves in this video is neat but I ended up more fascinated by what certain companies were doing or behaving like back in the day that I had no idea about.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That was a fun video. Nuclear Rush being fixed and operable on modern VR tech was definitely the highlight of that video.

Also learning that California Raisins had huge marketing budgets and did wild things with them was another fascinating thing from that video Suffer

This was super neat. Famous SM64 Hack creator Kaze completely reworked and optimized SM64's source code to run at a smooth 60fps JUST so his hack would run smoothly. Hundreds of hours of work to fix Nintendo's base game. Incredible.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That was a fun video. Nuclear Rush being fixed and operable on modern VR tech was definitely the highlight of that video.

Also learning that California Raisins had huge marketing budgets and did wild things with them was another fascinating thing from that video Suffer

This was super neat. Famous SM64 Hack creator Kaze completely reworked and optimized SM64's source code to run at a smooth 60fps JUST so his hack would run smoothly. Hundreds of hours of work to fix Nintendo's base game. Incredible.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
SM64 runs at 20fps normally? I never knew that and I'm surprised I never heard of it before now because 20fps for a game sounds like the perfect thing to criticize regardless of how old the game is. Especially seeing the response to PAL PS1 games running at 25fps instead of NTSC's 30fps. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
SM64 runs at 20fps normally? I never knew that and I'm surprised I never heard of it before now because 20fps for a game sounds like the perfect thing to criticize regardless of how old the game is. Especially seeing the response to PAL PS1 games running at 25fps instead of NTSC's 30fps. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Karo: So I didn't realise at the time that the video I shared in this post is actually the next part to that Animal Crossing series. I just found out it was after watching the most recent part, which addresses that Isabelle's Dream is supposed to be the continuation of Town Meeting:

I also saw this originally on Twitter and thought this was hilarious:

ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Karo: So I didn't realise at the time that the video I shared in this post is actually the next part to that Animal Crossing series. I just found out it was after watching the most recent part, which addresses that Isabelle's Dream is supposed to be the continuation of Town Meeting:

I also saw this originally on Twitter and thought this was hilarious:

ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The Crash video proves that Alex Jones is good for nothing but being the butt of jokes. LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The Crash video proves that Alex Jones is good for nothing but being the butt of jokes. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If no one has seen this gem of a video yet, please indulge yourselves in witnessing some horrific pronunciations of Kamehameha:

I know I've mispronounced a few words from anime that I saw before hearing them, but those were also not anime or words that are common knowledge like anything from Dragonball is. Mellow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If no one has seen this gem of a video yet, please indulge yourselves in witnessing some horrific pronunciations of Kamehameha:

I know I've mispronounced a few words from anime that I saw before hearing them, but those were also not anime or words that are common knowledge like anything from Dragonball is. Mellow
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The comment the dude who's streaming the clips made at the end is so true. Even if I don't don't like DB, I just never watched but am vaguely familiar with some of the series, ugh, hearing those two pronounce Kamehameha completely wrong HURTS. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
The comment the dude who's streaming the clips made at the end is so true. Even if I don't don't like DB, I just never watched but am vaguely familiar with some of the series, ugh, hearing those two pronounce Kamehameha completely wrong HURTS. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh Tofu, of all the things to make you go viral ROFL

Saw this come up on my timeline this morning and thought it was fucking sick. Beating Malenia, one of the hardest bosses in Elden Ring, with a dance pad of all things! Surprising to see the attempt amount in the double digits. I recall some very stubborn streamers spending 4 entire days trying to beat her.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh Tofu, of all the things to make you go viral ROFL

Saw this come up on my timeline this morning and thought it was fucking sick. Beating Malenia, one of the hardest bosses in Elden Ring, with a dance pad of all things! Surprising to see the attempt amount in the double digits. I recall some very stubborn streamers spending 4 entire days trying to beat her.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To achieve that feat in six hours is crazy when there are players who have done speedruns of Bloodborne that got stuck on Malenia for multiple days. I'd take an interest in Mikkaa's attempt at Gideon but I feel like Malenia is one of the hardest bosses in the game, so I feel like any other boss fights with a dance pad in Elden Ring aren't going to really come close in terms of an obstacle to overcome. Not to say it won't be impressive still; I just feel like that video is the peak of anything that could be achieved in Elden Ring with a dance pad.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To achieve that feat in six hours is crazy when there are players who have done speedruns of Bloodborne that got stuck on Malenia for multiple days. I'd take an interest in Mikkaa's attempt at Gideon but I feel like Malenia is one of the hardest bosses in the game, so I feel like any other boss fights with a dance pad in Elden Ring aren't going to really come close in terms of an obstacle to overcome. Not to say it won't be impressive still; I just feel like that video is the peak of anything that could be achieved in Elden Ring with a dance pad.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Recently ran into this in Civilization: Beyond Earth... I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to happen :-/ :

Or are the game's leader personalities just that robotic?
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Recently ran into this in Civilization: Beyond Earth... I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to happen :-/ :

Or are the game's leader personalities just that robotic?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You've gone too far into the future, Kyng. This is our destiny Mellow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You've gone too far into the future, Kyng. This is our destiny Mellow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Didn't know that game had a Terminator DLC. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: Didn't know that game had a Terminator DLC. Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Had YouTube recommend this to me and watched it last night. I've not played SMG2, but I still think this mod/hack is really impressive, especially since it's for a 3D Mario game which I expect is a lot harder to make stuff for compared to 2D Mario. Doubt I'll ever play this since I haven't even finished Sunshine or started SMG1, but thought it was still neat to share. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Had YouTube recommend this to me and watched it last night. I've not played SMG2, but I still think this mod/hack is really impressive, especially since it's for a 3D Mario game which I expect is a lot harder to make stuff for compared to 2D Mario. Doubt I'll ever play this since I haven't even finished Sunshine or started SMG1, but thought it was still neat to share. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Looks sick! Didn't think people have begun resource modding the SMG games yet, so this was neat to see.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Looks sick! Didn't think people have begun resource modding the SMG games yet, so this was neat to see.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I mentioned this in UCT but figured I'd actually share a photo of the Spyro 2 PVC/Resin figure I got from First 4 Figures yesterday! Grin

[Image: YsI0G3X.jpg]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I mentioned this in UCT but figured I'd actually share a photo of the Spyro 2 PVC/Resin figure I got from First 4 Figures yesterday! Grin

[Image: YsI0G3X.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 730 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,717 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Activision Blizzard Situation Thread Moonface 66 14,403 Apr 12th, 2022, 06:39 PM
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,847 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM