Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That is sick and liking the lighting both what's on the statue and for the photo. Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That is sick and liking the lighting both what's on the statue and for the photo. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Thanks EL! Grin
I'm trying to figure what I could put on the right side of the Spyro statue that lights up since it wouldn't feel balanced to have just the left and center pieces on that shelf light up. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Thanks EL! Grin
I'm trying to figure what I could put on the right side of the Spyro statue that lights up since it wouldn't feel balanced to have just the left and center pieces on that shelf light up. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've followed this person on Twitter for a while because of their superb animated art/wallpapers (one of which I used and posted in the "Post Your Desktop" thread) and they just finished this piece for Pokémon Emerald, which I figured I'd share here since it's really cool and this thread is a fitting place to do so! ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've followed this person on Twitter for a while because of their superb animated art/wallpapers (one of which I used and posted in the "Post Your Desktop" thread) and they just finished this piece for Pokémon Emerald, which I figured I'd share here since it's really cool and this thread is a fitting place to do so! ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Love it! That's also the Ending Theme for the games (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). I couldn't remember if it was Evergrande City or something else but I knew it was late game.

They're apparently gonna make a Johto one and I'm all :eyes: for it
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Love it! That's also the Ending Theme for the games (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). I couldn't remember if it was Evergrande City or something else but I knew it was late game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2023, 03:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Doesn't surprise me. They've done a few different Zelda games already so it makes sense they'd start doing more Pokémon ones. It'll be nice since I think they've only done Emerald until now for any Pokémon ones they've done.

Also, for anyone curious about how much games could improve visually in the future thanks to Unreal Engine 5, these two videos break down the newest update to that engine in a really good way:

The second one is the better of the two if you want an actual comparison video of a game running on UE4 and UE5, plus since Fortnite and UE are both by Epic it makes this probably one of the best in-use showcases of the engine. I don't recall how I stumbled onto these two videos since it was a few weeks ago, but I don't think many games are using UE5 yet due to how new it is and most AAA games having been started before it existed, so I'm kind of excited to see what games as a whole will be like when more developers move over to UE5. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 8th, 2023, 03:55 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Doesn't surprise me. They've done a few different Zelda games already so it makes sense they'd start doing more Pokémon ones. It'll be nice since I think they've only done Emerald until now for any Pokémon ones they've done.

Also, for anyone curious about how much games could improve visually in the future thanks to Unreal Engine 5, these two videos break down the newest update to that engine in a really good way:

The second one is the better of the two if you want an actual comparison video of a game running on UE4 and UE5, plus since Fortnite and UE are both by Epic it makes this probably one of the best in-use showcases of the engine. I don't recall how I stumbled onto these two videos since it was a few weeks ago, but I don't think many games are using UE5 yet due to how new it is and most AAA games having been started before it existed, so I'm kind of excited to see what games as a whole will be like when more developers move over to UE5. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
A completely immersive environment that would rival reality would be so cool to eventually have in VR. One of those movie scenarios where you don't see that you're in the simulation Wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
A completely immersive environment that would rival reality would be so cool to eventually have in VR. One of those movie scenarios where you don't see that you're in the simulation Wow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 10th, 2023, 05:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I feel like this could only work if it's either just a visual showcase or the way gameplay functions in VR significantly improves. Floating hands and motion sickness would be two things that would make a convincing looking world in VR fall apart quickly for me because they would be stark reminders that I'm in a game.

I'd also have concerns over the mental impact of such a thing. A lot of people got depressed after seeing James Cameron's Avatar because of how beautiful that world was portrayed and caused a harsh fall back to reality upon leaving the theatre. Having a VR world that does that could have the potential to cause addiction or other negative responses from people who get too hooked on the convincing escapism it would provide.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 10th, 2023, 05:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I feel like this could only work if it's either just a visual showcase or the way gameplay functions in VR significantly improves. Floating hands and motion sickness would be two things that would make a convincing looking world in VR fall apart quickly for me because they would be stark reminders that I'm in a game.

I'd also have concerns over the mental impact of such a thing. A lot of people got depressed after seeing James Cameron's Avatar because of how beautiful that world was portrayed and caused a harsh fall back to reality upon leaving the theatre. Having a VR world that does that could have the potential to cause addiction or other negative responses from people who get too hooked on the convincing escapism it would provide.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I'm doing a printmaking project and decided to use an image of Spyro for it; this is the first proof I just got running my carving through the press to see how well the carving translates onto paper with ink: https://imgur.com/a/CAFknt9

Just wanted to share this because I think it's pretty cool so far. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I'm doing a printmaking project and decided to use an image of Spyro for it; this is the first proof I just got running my carving through the press to see how well the carving translates onto paper with ink: https://imgur.com/a/CAFknt9

Just wanted to share this because I think it's pretty cool so far. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It's so cool! Grin Can't wait to see the final product. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It's so cool! Grin Can't wait to see the final product. ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn that does look really great, and you say it's not finished yet? What else does it need?! Well I suppose colour but the black/white could still be a finish. Well done on the carving.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn that does look really great, and you say it's not finished yet? What else does it need?! Well I suppose colour but the black/white could still be a finish. Well done on the carving.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 5th, 2023, 01:59 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Well first off this one is a proof, meaning I just did a test print on newsprint instead of actual good paper to see if the carving is okay. I did the proper prints today (9 of them) which have some more detail I added since my test pull, and I'll probably have photos on Thursday to share of them. This project doesn't require anything but the black and white print so any color I add will be optional. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 5th, 2023, 01:59 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Well first off this one is a proof, meaning I just did a test print on newsprint instead of actual good paper to see if the carving is okay. I did the proper prints today (9 of them) which have some more detail I added since my test pull, and I'll probably have photos on Thursday to share of them. This project doesn't require anything but the black and white print so any color I add will be optional. Wink
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Here's my progress with my house in The Sims 4.

It's not quite finished yet, but I am going for a Hogwarts kind of theme, which I'm hoping is in evidence:

Also a shot of the interior. There are seven bedrooms here: two for adults, four for children, and one for infants and toddlers. There's also a full-sized bathroom, as well as en suites attached to three of the bedrooms:

I like to pamper my Sims... but inevitably, they'll probably set everything on fire at some point Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Here's my progress with my house in The Sims 4.

It's not quite finished yet, but I am going for a Hogwarts kind of theme, which I'm hoping is in evidence:

Also a shot of the interior. There are seven bedrooms here: two for adults, four for children, and one for infants and toddlers. There's also a full-sized bathroom, as well as en suites attached to three of the bedrooms:

I like to pamper my Sims... but inevitably, they'll probably set everything on fire at some point Tongue .
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Kyng: As that house looks to be two storey, apart from the tower-like part in the pack, it's kinda odd to see the bedrooms on the lower floor, but it's still fine if that's what you're choosing for it. I cannot for the life of me work out what that is near the door of the main bathroom though as it looks like it's in the floor. XD

Also I may have found the best, or indeed the worst designed race track devised by man; it has 700 checkpoints and takes over 2 hours to complete a lap...as long as you find every checkpoint.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Kyng: As that house looks to be two storey, apart from the tower-like part in the pack, it's kinda odd to see the bedrooms on the lower floor, but it's still fine if that's what you're choosing for it. I cannot for the life of me work out what that is near the door of the main bathroom though as it looks like it's in the floor. XD

Also I may have found the best, or indeed the worst designed race track devised by man; it has 700 checkpoints and takes over 2 hours to complete a lap...as long as you find every checkpoint.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 4th, 2023, 02:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

[Image: DEahC53VYAArOAu.jpg]

I saw this yesterday and it's a video of a work in progress to put ray tracing into NFSU2. I have to say that from watching it on just my phone screen that the lighting improvement alone makes the game look way later than a PS2 game. Sucks EA would never make another game like this. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 4th, 2023, 02:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

[Image: DEahC53VYAArOAu.jpg]

I saw this yesterday and it's a video of a work in progress to put ray tracing into NFSU2. I have to say that from watching it on just my phone screen that the lighting improvement alone makes the game look way later than a PS2 game. Sucks EA would never make another game like this. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, don't really like having a reason to double post so soon but I just saw this and don't want to wait to share it. So someone crocheted all 151 Gen 1 Pokémon:

[Image: after-almost-2-years-i-finally-finished-...830f21af88]

They said it took them two years to do this, and I've tried gathering their comments on the Reddit post where I found this that contain any information about the endeavour:

crochetcreatives Wrote:
All patterns were created by me to maintain consistency of style. They are around 4" tall. You can see more angles (front, side, and back) on my Instagram (crochet.creatives) and I've just started making Gen2! update once or twice each week. I do make fully-made crochets, but only for my Patreon's since only crochet in my free time and the demand is too high and time consuming.
crochetcreatives Wrote:
Fun fact, actually save shedded fluff from Eevees so have enough to make all of Arcanine's poofy hair haha. The trickiest overall was Rhyhorn, but the trickiest when I was first starting to learn was Ekans and Arbok because couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make the tube-y tails curl!
crochetcreatives Wrote:
Rhyhorn's original design was difficult for me to picture "chibi-fied" to start. After, most of the Pokemon are of 4 base body types I've developed and all the rest of their parts are more standard shapes that can be repeated or easily edited to make other Pokemon. For Rhyhorn, there was no base body that matched him and because of his rocky spikes and plates I had no "'standard" shapes for him pre-designed either. Because he had so many parts too, it was time consuming to sew everything in specific spots with all the layering of his rock plates and there were a lot of indents and such that had to use needle felting outside of just crochet to get the shape right too.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, don't really like having a reason to double post so soon but I just saw this and don't want to wait to share it. So someone crocheted all 151 Gen 1 Pokémon:

[Image: after-almost-2-years-i-finally-finished-...830f21af88]

They said it took them two years to do this, and I've tried gathering their comments on the Reddit post where I found this that contain any information about the endeavour:

crochetcreatives Wrote:
All patterns were created by me to maintain consistency of style. They are around 4" tall. You can see more angles (front, side, and back) on my Instagram (crochet.creatives) and I've just started making Gen2! update once or twice each week. I do make fully-made crochets, but only for my Patreon's since only crochet in my free time and the demand is too high and time consuming.
crochetcreatives Wrote:
Fun fact, actually save shedded fluff from Eevees so have enough to make all of Arcanine's poofy hair haha. The trickiest overall was Rhyhorn, but the trickiest when I was first starting to learn was Ekans and Arbok because couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make the tube-y tails curl!
crochetcreatives Wrote:
Rhyhorn's original design was difficult for me to picture "chibi-fied" to start. After, most of the Pokemon are of 4 base body types I've developed and all the rest of their parts are more standard shapes that can be repeated or easily edited to make other Pokemon. For Rhyhorn, there was no base body that matched him and because of his rocky spikes and plates I had no "'standard" shapes for him pre-designed either. Because he had so many parts too, it was time consuming to sew everything in specific spots with all the layering of his rock plates and there were a lot of indents and such that had to use needle felting outside of just crochet to get the shape right too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,706 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Activision Blizzard Situation Thread Moonface 66 14,392 Apr 12th, 2022, 06:39 PM
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM