Ghost of Tsushima | Coming to PC
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This game is a technical marvel. It's gorgeous, has insane load times, and has one of the best cinematic cameras in games I've ever seen.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This game is a technical marvel. It's gorgeous, has insane load times, and has one of the best cinematic cameras in games I've ever seen.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I've already got the platinum for the original version lmao.

i loved the game so so so much. it was beautiful and the story was really good. fighting felt fluid. there isn't much about this that I don't like. should've been GOTY over TLOU2 imo
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

i loved the game so so so much. it was beautiful and the story was really good. fighting felt fluid. there isn't much about this that I don't like. should've been GOTY over TLOU2 imo
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 2nd, 2022, 04:57 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, fast traveling from one side of the map to another and the loading being practically instant is absolutely insane for an open world game. I'm glad I waited to play this on PS5 just for that alone. Grin

(Apr 2nd, 2022, 12:54 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Do you plan to replay it on PS5 or nah? Did you do Iki Island?

I can't comment on its status over TLOU2 since I only just finished the first four main missions when Jin is recruiting people to help him, so obviously I'm not super far in. Based on what I've played so far though it is definitely a very strong contender if nothing else.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 2nd, 2022, 04:57 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, fast traveling from one side of the map to another and the loading being practically instant is absolutely insane for an open world game. I'm glad I waited to play this on PS5 just for that alone. Grin

(Apr 2nd, 2022, 12:54 PM)Monocle Wrote:

Do you plan to replay it on PS5 or nah? Did you do Iki Island?

I can't comment on its status over TLOU2 since I only just finished the first four main missions when Jin is recruiting people to help him, so obviously I'm not super far in. Based on what I've played so far though it is definitely a very strong contender if nothing else.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah I'm gonna replay it on ps5 whenever I get a ps5. purposely been avoiding the extra section because I want it to be new.

Load times were nonexistant on ps4 as well. actually, I heard that sucker punch had to artificially inflate load times on ps4 because no one could read the load screen hints and stuff.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah I'm gonna replay it on ps5 whenever I get a ps5. purposely been avoiding the extra section because I want it to be new.

Load times were nonexistant on ps4 as well. actually, I heard that sucker punch had to artificially inflate load times on ps4 because no one could read the load screen hints and stuff.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh you don't have one yet? I thought you did because of your sister giving her invite to buy one to @Dragon Lord. XD

Interesting that they decided to do load screen hints on PS4 since there are none on PS5. Although it came to the latter later so maybe the original has it because they weren't factoring in PS5 speeds at the time.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh you don't have one yet? I thought you did because of your sister giving her invite to buy one to @Dragon Lord. XD

Interesting that they decided to do load screen hints on PS4 since there are none on PS5. Although it came to the latter later so maybe the original has it because they weren't factoring in PS5 speeds at the time.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
nah. I just bought this pc when I was helping him out to get the PS5. didn't want to spend another $500+ When I already spent $2800+ soooooo still no ps5. rip
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
nah. I just bought this pc when I was helping him out to get the PS5. didn't want to spend another $500+ When I already spent $2800+ soooooo still no ps5. rip
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see.

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 2nd, 2022, 12:23 AM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 2nd, 2021, 01:58 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'll do my usual move of playing and getting the platinum for the PS4 version, and then getting the PS5 version for the double dip on the platinum. Not sure what I'll do about the DLC on PS4 though. Could buy it and play it there, since I might wait a little while to pick up the PS5 version (later this year or next year).
Did you start this game yet @Dragon Lord?

Nope, and with the way things are looking with current games I'm playing and upcoming releases, it's looking like I won't be getting to the game any time in the foreseeable future.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'll do my usual move of playing and getting the platinum for the PS4 version, and then getting the PS5 version for the double dip on the platinum. Not sure what I'll do about the DLC on PS4 though. Could buy it and play it there, since I might wait a little while to pick up the PS5 version (later this year or next year).

Nope, and with the way things are looking with current games I'm playing and upcoming releases, it's looking like I won't be getting to the game any time in the foreseeable future.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 4th, 2022, 02:07 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah, okay. Since you're putting it in your backlog and sounds like you have others, if you didn't see it yet, I made a new thread recently for sharing gaming backlogs. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 4th, 2022, 02:07 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah, okay. Since you're putting it in your backlog and sounds like you have others, if you didn't see it yet, I made a new thread recently for sharing gaming backlogs. Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Finished the main story of this today, and dang that ending hit hard for me. Took me a moment to decide what option to pick. Knowing you've played it to completion, what did you pick @Monocle?

I still have some stuff to finish up and I need to go through Iki Island, but overall this game is absolutely phenomenal. Act 3's opening was superbly done although overall I think it was also the weakest act because there isn't much to it for main story stuff. Reminded me of The Last of Us where the last act is there to wrap up the questionable things presented throughout the game and doesn't really have much left to build on and stand on its own merits. The area itself is also rather boring for the last act, which I feel like the developers were aware of because the main story utilizes very little of the area. The other issue the last area has is quite a few buildings are blatant copy and pastes of places from earlier in the game so it doesn't get to have much of a unique identity.

I don't really see room for a sequel but if there is one, Sucker Punch need to improve their facial animations. So many scenes are spoiled by poor facial animation that doesn't do the amazing voice work justice, especially when it comes to emotional scenes. Reminds me a lot of Horizon Zero Dawn's issues with characters sounding emotionally believable but not having the facial animation to back it up.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Finished the main story of this today, and dang that ending hit hard for me. Took me a moment to decide what option to pick. Knowing you've played it to completion, what did you pick @Monocle?

I still have some stuff to finish up and I need to go through Iki Island, but overall this game is absolutely phenomenal. Act 3's opening was superbly done although overall I think it was also the weakest act because there isn't much to it for main story stuff. Reminded me of The Last of Us where the last act is there to wrap up the questionable things presented throughout the game and doesn't really have much left to build on and stand on its own merits. The area itself is also rather boring for the last act, which I feel like the developers were aware of because the main story utilizes very little of the area. The other issue the last area has is quite a few buildings are blatant copy and pastes of places from earlier in the game so it doesn't get to have much of a unique identity.

I don't really see room for a sequel but if there is one, Sucker Punch need to improve their facial animations. So many scenes are spoiled by poor facial animation that doesn't do the amazing voice work justice, especially when it comes to emotional scenes. Reminds me a lot of Horizon Zero Dawn's issues with characters sounding emotionally believable but not having the facial animation to back it up.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So in a long and drawn out way of trying to decide what game I wanted to play next after finishing the platinum for Chrono Cross, and random chance has dictated that this game will be my next game, so I guess I'm playing it much earlier than I anticipated after all.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So in a long and drawn out way of trying to decide what game I wanted to play next after finishing the platinum for Chrono Cross, and random chance has dictated that this game will be my next game, so I guess I'm playing it much earlier than I anticipated after all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 14th, 2022, 11:04 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ooh, enjoy! A word of advice due to me learning the hard way, the map in each area will be fully revealed when you liberate all areas within it. I spent too much time trying to fill out the map manually before finding that out. XD

I need to jump back into this game and continue my playthrough of the Iki Island DLC. I also want to check out Legends mode too since I know nothing at all about it other than it offers 1-4 player content.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 14th, 2022, 11:04 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Ooh, enjoy! A word of advice due to me learning the hard way, the map in each area will be fully revealed when you liberate all areas within it. I spent too much time trying to fill out the map manually before finding that out. XD

I need to jump back into this game and continue my playthrough of the Iki Island DLC. I also want to check out Legends mode too since I know nothing at all about it other than it offers 1-4 player content.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I finally started playing this game, and my thoughts so far are:

Positives: Beautiful world, fun exploration, lots of collectables to get, interesting story.

Negatives: The combat in this game is absolutely atrocious and will likely keep this game at a 4/10 at best for me.

Trying to enjoy it, but the combat is making it very difficult. Playing on Lethal and I figured it'd really make the combat shine, but instead it really exposes just how god awful it is.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I finally started playing this game, and my thoughts so far are:

Positives: Beautiful world, fun exploration, lots of collectables to get, interesting story.

Negatives: The combat in this game is absolutely atrocious and will likely keep this game at a 4/10 at best for me.

Trying to enjoy it, but the combat is making it very difficult. Playing on Lethal and I figured it'd really make the combat shine, but instead it really exposes just how god awful it is.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How far are you into it so far @Dragon Lord? I know at the start the combat felt really limited and barebones because I think practically everything included stances is locked behind progress and skill trees, but also I ended up using the bow so much compared to anything else because it was so much more effective and efficient at dealing with enemies so I can't fully remember how the melee combat was after not playing this game for a while. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How far are you into it so far @Dragon Lord? I know at the start the combat felt really limited and barebones because I think practically everything included stances is locked behind progress and skill trees, but also I ended up using the bow so much compared to anything else because it was so much more effective and efficient at dealing with enemies so I can't fully remember how the melee combat was after not playing this game for a while. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm still in the first "area" of the game. My issues with the combat is that...

1) Enemies have Dark Souls 2 level of ridiculous tracking. I had one of those enemies with the huge two-handed swords track me through my dodge and still hit me with his stab. I dodge to the side and I could visibly see him sliding on the ground, turning to track me.

2) Parries seem to have some serious issues. I've had multiple times where I hit L1 and no parry occurred, or I got the parry animation on the enemy, but still ate the attack.

3) The game was very obviously designed to be a stealth game, but then they force you into open fights against large groups of enemies.

4) Enemy archers are ridiculous. I've been shot at angles that should have been impossible and when I'm completely out of line of sight. I've also had archers just insta-shoot me as soon as I loaded in from a death.

5) I've had multiple instances of enemy attacks resetting mid-animation, making me miss my parry/block.

Other issues I have with the game so far include:

1) If you shoot arrows, and then die, reverting back to a state BEFORE you shot the arrows, you don't get them back. This is complete bullshit, especially considering the extremely limiting number of arrows you're able to carry at one time. If you pick up arrows and then die, you don't get to keep them, so the game is screwing you both ways. It just makes absolutely NO sense for you to revert to a point before you used the arrows, but don't have them any more.

2) On the flip side of what I talked about before, tall grass is just stupidly broken and abusable. This game suffers heavily from the enemies going "Hurr durr where did he go!?!?!?" when you crouch in tall grass right in front of their faces, allowing you to then just do an assassination to kill them instantly. I took care of a group of like 10-12 enemies by just assassinating, then crouching back down into the grass, and repeat until everyone was dead. While yes this is abusable in favor of the player, it's still utterly stupid.

3) Some enemy hitboxes feel way too big, or feel like they hit you too early, before the actual attack animation hits you. I feel this is prominent in the big club-wielding enemies more than anything. I also have an issue of how some enemies will magically just ice-skate across the ground when attacking you to close the distance.

There's probably other stuff I would complain about in the game right now, but they're not coming to mind.

Now, when I actually get to stealth and play the game the way it feels like it was intended, it's extremely fun. Scouting out the enemies and trying to decide what the best order to try and take them down is so I don't get caught is extremely fun. Then the game turns around and throws you into an open field and is like, "kay fight 12 enemies at once kekw" and it just sucks the fun out of the game. Granted, as I mentioned before, part of that is probably because I'm playing on Lethal, where I die in 1-2 hits, but at the same time I feel like if parrying didn't feel so... off, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Everything else about the game is wonderful so far though. Loving the story, the world is gorgeous, the stealth gameplay is fun as hell, and all of the collectables to find is right up my alley.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm still in the first "area" of the game. My issues with the combat is that...

1) Enemies have Dark Souls 2 level of ridiculous tracking. I had one of those enemies with the huge two-handed swords track me through my dodge and still hit me with his stab. I dodge to the side and I could visibly see him sliding on the ground, turning to track me.

2) Parries seem to have some serious issues. I've had multiple times where I hit L1 and no parry occurred, or I got the parry animation on the enemy, but still ate the attack.

3) The game was very obviously designed to be a stealth game, but then they force you into open fights against large groups of enemies.

4) Enemy archers are ridiculous. I've been shot at angles that should have been impossible and when I'm completely out of line of sight. I've also had archers just insta-shoot me as soon as I loaded in from a death.

5) I've had multiple instances of enemy attacks resetting mid-animation, making me miss my parry/block.

Other issues I have with the game so far include:

1) If you shoot arrows, and then die, reverting back to a state BEFORE you shot the arrows, you don't get them back. This is complete bullshit, especially considering the extremely limiting number of arrows you're able to carry at one time. If you pick up arrows and then die, you don't get to keep them, so the game is screwing you both ways. It just makes absolutely NO sense for you to revert to a point before you used the arrows, but don't have them any more.

2) On the flip side of what I talked about before, tall grass is just stupidly broken and abusable. This game suffers heavily from the enemies going "Hurr durr where did he go!?!?!?" when you crouch in tall grass right in front of their faces, allowing you to then just do an assassination to kill them instantly. I took care of a group of like 10-12 enemies by just assassinating, then crouching back down into the grass, and repeat until everyone was dead. While yes this is abusable in favor of the player, it's still utterly stupid.

3) Some enemy hitboxes feel way too big, or feel like they hit you too early, before the actual attack animation hits you. I feel this is prominent in the big club-wielding enemies more than anything. I also have an issue of how some enemies will magically just ice-skate across the ground when attacking you to close the distance.

There's probably other stuff I would complain about in the game right now, but they're not coming to mind.

Now, when I actually get to stealth and play the game the way it feels like it was intended, it's extremely fun. Scouting out the enemies and trying to decide what the best order to try and take them down is so I don't get caught is extremely fun. Then the game turns around and throws you into an open field and is like, "kay fight 12 enemies at once kekw" and it just sucks the fun out of the game. Granted, as I mentioned before, part of that is probably because I'm playing on Lethal, where I die in 1-2 hits, but at the same time I feel like if parrying didn't feel so... off, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Everything else about the game is wonderful so far though. Loving the story, the world is gorgeous, the stealth gameplay is fun as hell, and all of the collectables to find is right up my alley.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hollow Knight (Series) | Silksong Coming to PlayStation Platforms Moonface 20 10,544 May 12th, 2023, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Moonface