Ghost of Tsushima | Coming to PC
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since Sony just put out a new trailer and the release date for this game I guess now is a good time to make this thread that I thought already existed. Tongue

If you don't want to watch the video or can't, the release date is June 26.

Also, there will be three special editions for the game:

Digital Deluxe Edition ($69.99)
This edition is digital only via the PlayStation Store and includes the following:
  • Hero of Tsushima skin set, which provides an additional in-game horse, saddle, mask, sword, and armor set
  • Two in-game items: the Charm of Hachiman’s Favor
  • One technique point
  • Samurai PS4 dynamic theme
  • Digital mini art book by Dark Horse
  • Director’s Commentary

Special Edition ($69.99)
  • SteelBook case
  • Voucher for an in-game Hero of Tsushima mask and sword skin
  • Charm of Hachiman’s Favor
  • One technique point
  • Director’s Commentary

Collector's Edition ($169.99)
  • Replica mask of one you’ll wear in the game made from polyresin. It’s not meant to be worn, but it includes an individually-numbered display stand so you can keep it on a shelf to impress your friends or terrify your enemies
  • A sashimono (war banner) just like you’ll see in the game that’s nearly 4.5 feet long
  • A traditional-style furoshiki (wrapping cloth)
  • SteelBook case
  • Physical 48-page mini art book by Dark Horse
  • Artistic rendition of our full world map printed on cloth
  • A voucher for all of the digital content from the Digital Deluxe Edition listed above
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Since Sony just put out a new trailer and the release date for this game I guess now is a good time to make this thread that I thought already existed. Tongue

If you don't want to watch the video or can't, the release date is June 26.

Also, there will be three special editions for the game:

Digital Deluxe Edition ($69.99)
This edition is digital only via the PlayStation Store and includes the following:
  • Hero of Tsushima skin set, which provides an additional in-game horse, saddle, mask, sword, and armor set
  • Two in-game items: the Charm of Hachiman’s Favor
  • One technique point
  • Samurai PS4 dynamic theme
  • Director’s Commentary

Special Edition ($69.99)
  • SteelBook case
  • Voucher for an in-game Hero of Tsushima mask and sword skin
  • Charm of Hachiman’s Favor
  • One technique point
  • Director’s Commentary

Collector's Edition ($169.99)
  • Replica mask of one you’ll wear in the game made from polyresin. It’s not meant to be worn, but it includes an individually-numbered display stand so you can keep it on a shelf to impress your friends or terrify your enemies
  • A sashimono (war banner) just like you’ll see in the game that’s nearly 4.5 feet long
  • A traditional-style furoshiki (wrapping cloth)
  • SteelBook case
  • Physical 48-page mini art book by Dark Horse
  • Artistic rendition of our full world map printed on cloth
  • A voucher for all of the digital content from the Digital Deluxe Edition listed above
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Huh, hopefully the gameplay holds up to the trailer is all I have to say.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Huh, hopefully the gameplay holds up to the trailer is all I have to say.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Game is looking really good, love that the gameplay so far looks to be a great balance between action and stealth. I have really high hopes for this game, and pending them driving the game off a cliff for some reason, I can see it among the ranks of other legendary PS4 exclusives like Bloodborne and God of War.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Game is looking really good, love that the gameplay so far looks to be a great balance between action and stealth. I have really high hopes for this game, and pending them driving the game off a cliff for some reason, I can see it among the ranks of other legendary PS4 exclusives like Bloodborne and God of War.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima Delayed to July 17
Sony has announced that the Ghost of Tsushima has been delayed until July 17. It was not stated whether the cause was Covid-19 or to distance the game from launching only a week after the new release date for The Last of Us Part II.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima Delayed to July 17
Sony has announced that the Ghost of Tsushima has been delayed until July 17. It was not stated whether the cause was Covid-19 or to distance the game from launching only a week after the new release date for The Last of Us Part II.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Feels like a delay to try and salvage sales for TLoU 2. You put a spoiled game like TLoU 2 out there at around the same time as an un-spoiled, highly anticipated game like this and you probably know what's going to happen. Especially when times are a bit rough right now and most people probably would have to choose between the two games.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Feels like a delay to try and salvage sales for TLoU 2. You put a spoiled game like TLoU 2 out there at around the same time as an un-spoiled, highly anticipated game like this and you probably know what's going to happen. Especially when times are a bit rough right now and most people probably would have to choose between the two games.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If not for the leaks I think the two games would have still been split apart as they have been, except this game would have probably kept its original date unless Sony and Sucker Punch decided they wouldn't mind a few extra weeks to get things tweaked. Plus it may also be that because TLOU is probably closer to going gold than this game, that game can be put into production earlier and better guarantee a June release date whereas this might have been pushed a little to be certain that there's plenty of time to get the copies made and shipped once it goes gold at whatever point in time that happens.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If not for the leaks I think the two games would have still been split apart as they have been, except this game would have probably kept its original date unless Sony and Sucker Punch decided they wouldn't mind a few extra weeks to get things tweaked. Plus it may also be that because TLOU is probably closer to going gold than this game, that game can be put into production earlier and better guarantee a June release date whereas this might have been pushed a little to be certain that there's plenty of time to get the copies made and shipped once it goes gold at whatever point in time that happens.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima - State of Play Details
Here are all the details shared from today's State of Play video focused on Ghost of Tsushima.

Exploring Tsushima
  • Guiding Wind can be used to navigate the island. It allows you to call a gust of wind at any time to point you in the right direction to your desired objective or chosen map location.
  • You can collect items while on horseback.
  • Smokestacks indicate people in need of help.
  • Birds can lead Jin to points of interest, such as hidden locations.
  • Explore abandoned buildings to collect rare resources.
  • Foxes will guide Jin to hidden shrines across the island.
  • Honoring multiple shrines will let you earn charm slots.
  • Once you've visited a location, you can return to it with Fast Travel.
Jin, The Samurai
  • Jin can challenge enemies to lethal standoffs.
  • Parry enemies at the last possible moment to open them up.
  • Change your combat stance to inflict the most damage against specific enemy types.
  • Two known stances are the Stone stance, and the Water stance.
Jin, The Ghost
  • As the Ghost, Jin will use every tactic and dirty trick he can come up with to defeat his enemies.
  • Use distractions such as rocks or firecrackers to lure enemies to their deaths.
  • Smoke bombs are useful for evasion, unseen attacks, and stunning enemies.
  • Use kunai for a quick kill when spotted.
  • The Mongols will learn to fear the Ghost. Use that to your advantage.
  • Stances are also usable as the Ghost.
  • Use the Mongols' own weapons against them.
Customization
  • Jin can equip many different armours, all of which offer different attributes that can compliment your chosen playstyle.
  • Charms can be used to enhance your abilities and give you an edge in battle.
  • Jin can also use Technique Points to learn and upgrade his skills.
  • Use dye flowers to colour your armour.
Photo Mode
  • Colour Grading, Depth of Field, Field of View, Jin's Emotion, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, and Particles can all be customized to create your perfect scene.
  • Any song from the soundtrack can be played to further set the tone, especially if you want to make a video.
Misc.
  • A Japanese voice track is available before you start the game.
  • Samurai Cinema turns the game black and white, adds film grain, and enhances the wind effects to give the game the look and feel of a traditional samurai movie.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima - State of Play Details
Here are all the details shared from today's State of Play video focused on Ghost of Tsushima.

Exploring Tsushima
  • Guiding Wind can be used to navigate the island. It allows you to call a gust of wind at any time to point you in the right direction to your desired objective or chosen map location.
  • You can collect items while on horseback.
  • Smokestacks indicate people in need of help.
  • Birds can lead Jin to points of interest, such as hidden locations.
  • Explore abandoned buildings to collect rare resources.
  • Foxes will guide Jin to hidden shrines across the island.
  • Honoring multiple shrines will let you earn charm slots.
  • Once you've visited a location, you can return to it with Fast Travel.
Jin, The Samurai
  • Jin can challenge enemies to lethal standoffs.
  • Parry enemies at the last possible moment to open them up.
  • Change your combat stance to inflict the most damage against specific enemy types.
  • Two known stances are the Stone stance, and the Water stance.
Jin, The Ghost
  • As the Ghost, Jin will use every tactic and dirty trick he can come up with to defeat his enemies.
  • Use distractions such as rocks or firecrackers to lure enemies to their deaths.
  • Smoke bombs are useful for evasion, unseen attacks, and stunning enemies.
  • Use kunai for a quick kill when spotted.
  • The Mongols will learn to fear the Ghost. Use that to your advantage.
  • Stances are also usable as the Ghost.
  • Use the Mongols' own weapons against them.
Customization
  • Jin can equip many different armours, all of which offer different attributes that can compliment your chosen playstyle.
  • Charms can be used to enhance your abilities and give you an edge in battle.
  • Jin can also use Technique Points to learn and upgrade his skills.
  • Use dye flowers to colour your armour.
Photo Mode
  • Colour Grading, Depth of Field, Field of View, Jin's Emotion, Wind Speed, Wind Direction, and Particles can all be customized to create your perfect scene.
  • Any song from the soundtrack can be played to further set the tone, especially if you want to make a video.
Misc.
  • A Japanese voice track is available before you start the game.
  • Samurai Cinema turns the game black and white, adds film grain, and enhances the wind effects to give the game the look and feel of a traditional samurai movie.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Loved the presentation. Wish the gameplay itself was a little more clear in terms of controls, but I enjoyed the different playstyles.

Will be watching this game launch to see how it fairs, and by that I mean watch someone else livestream it ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Loved the presentation. Wish the gameplay itself was a little more clear in terms of controls, but I enjoyed the different playstyles.

Will be watching this game launch to see how it fairs, and by that I mean watch someone else livestream it ROFL
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
This game looks incredible. Can’t wait.
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
This game looks incredible. Can’t wait.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My only concern so far is the combat has come off as being very simple to the point of becoming bland. By that, I mean every encounter has just been mostly one hit kills with little effort, and although I appreciate that over bullet sponge enemies I'm just worried most fights will become too trivial and that enemies become nothing more than minor inconveniences.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My only concern so far is the combat has come off as being very simple to the point of becoming bland. By that, I mean every encounter has just been mostly one hit kills with little effort, and although I appreciate that over bullet sponge enemies I'm just worried most fights will become too trivial and that enemies become nothing more than minor inconveniences.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haven't got as much interest in this game as I originally had back when we saw it shown off at E3 '18 I think it was. The latest State of Play video still makes it look good though. I'm wondering if there'll be strict timing for certain kills or stronger enemies, I mean they can't all be as simple mook characters. Then again there was that duel between Jin and his acquaintance when I think it took a few strikes to defeat her, then there was that interruption. So that occurrence may be the introduction to a boss/stronger enemy. Also, apparently Jin is just as vulnerable as those he strikes down too, so players must be on their toes.

May change my mind closer to release and decide to get it. If not, I'll do what Shira's going to do.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haven't got as much interest in this game as I originally had back when we saw it shown off at E3 '18 I think it was. The latest State of Play video still makes it look good though. I'm wondering if there'll be strict timing for certain kills or stronger enemies, I mean they can't all be as simple mook characters. Then again there was that duel between Jin and his acquaintance when I think it took a few strikes to defeat her, then there was that interruption. So that occurrence may be the introduction to a boss/stronger enemy. Also, apparently Jin is just as vulnerable as those he strikes down too, so players must be on their toes.

May change my mind closer to release and decide to get it. If not, I'll do what Shira's going to do.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The game looks great. I'm glad to see the combat is based a lot more on stealth than action. The last thing I wanted to see was this game trying to be another Souls game or Nioh clone. I figured it wasn't going to go down that route, since the whole premise is Jin throwing away his honor as a Samurai and using dirty/dishonorable tactics to take down his enemies.

Though when playing as the Samuria, they do mention different stances, which lead me to believe that there will be some battles that are more Souls/Nioh like than when playing as The Ghost. Especially with having different stances that are effective against different enemies. I am a bit worried about those stances though, because after playing Nioh and currently playing Nioh 2, it's going to be hard for a game to handle having different stances as well as Nioh does. Although with the parry aspect, it sounds like battles as the Samurai will boil down to more just being patient and waiting for parry chances than anything.

As a side note, the ability to pick up items while on horseback is a QoL feature that a lot more games that feature riding a horse need to adapt.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The game looks great. I'm glad to see the combat is based a lot more on stealth than action. The last thing I wanted to see was this game trying to be another Souls game or Nioh clone. I figured it wasn't going to go down that route, since the whole premise is Jin throwing away his honor as a Samurai and using dirty/dishonorable tactics to take down his enemies.

Though when playing as the Samuria, they do mention different stances, which lead me to believe that there will be some battles that are more Souls/Nioh like than when playing as The Ghost. Especially with having different stances that are effective against different enemies. I am a bit worried about those stances though, because after playing Nioh and currently playing Nioh 2, it's going to be hard for a game to handle having different stances as well as Nioh does. Although with the parry aspect, it sounds like battles as the Samurai will boil down to more just being patient and waiting for parry chances than anything.

As a side note, the ability to pick up items while on horseback is a QoL feature that a lot more games that feature riding a horse need to adapt.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 21st, 2020, 01:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Though when playing as the Samuria, they do mention different stances, which lead me to believe that there will be some battles that are more Souls/Nioh like than when playing as The Ghost. Especially with having different stances that are effective against different enemies.
The same stances are in Ghost mode too, so I think every battle is the same but you just get some different tools to deal with them. There must be some downside to doing some stuff as the Ghost though since you're not at a disadvantage when it comes to stance fights.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 21st, 2020, 01:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Though when playing as the Samuria, they do mention different stances, which lead me to believe that there will be some battles that are more Souls/Nioh like than when playing as The Ghost. Especially with having different stances that are effective against different enemies.
The same stances are in Ghost mode too, so I think every battle is the same but you just get some different tools to deal with them. There must be some downside to doing some stuff as the Ghost though since you're not at a disadvantage when it comes to stance fights.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did anyone else see the Japanese launch trailer for this game?! It's so much better than the western trailer, and I like it uses direct gameplay instead of the more refined in-game footage approach that the western one has. Although at least both actually use game footage in ways that show the gameplay as it is, which seems to be a rarity in launch and commercial trailers.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did anyone else see the Japanese launch trailer for this game?! It's so much better than the western trailer, and I like it uses direct gameplay instead of the more refined in-game footage approach that the western one has. Although at least both actually use game footage in ways that show the gameplay as it is, which seems to be a rarity in launch and commercial trailers.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Announced

Quote:Introducing Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, a new cooperative multiplayer experience inspired by Japanese folk tales and mythology. Choose from one of four classes -- Samurai, Hunter, Ronin, or Assassin – and play with friends or via online matchmaking in a series of two-player story missions or four-player wave-based survival missions.

Unexpected for sure, but I'm down to try this out when I get this game some day. I wonder if there's any single-player rewards for completing any of this new content? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Announced

Quote:Introducing Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, a new cooperative multiplayer experience inspired by Japanese folk tales and mythology. Choose from one of four classes -- Samurai, Hunter, Ronin, or Assassin – and play with friends or via online matchmaking in a series of two-player story missions or four-player wave-based survival missions.

Unexpected for sure, but I'm down to try this out when I get this game some day. I wonder if there's any single-player rewards for completing any of this new content? Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hollow Knight (Series) | Silksong Coming to PlayStation Platforms Moonface 20 10,553 May 12th, 2023, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Moonface