The Last of Us [TV Show]
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Summer Game Fest 2022: First Look at Joel and Ellie
During the closing moments of today's Summer Game Fest presentation, Neil Druckmann provided our first look at Joel and Ellie:

[Image: tlou-hbo-hd-1654805667405.jpeg]

The image is captured from an episode that Druckmann himself directed, and it was also revealed that Joel and Ellie's original voice actors, Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson (respectively), will have substantial roles in the TV series, but obviously not as Joel or Ellie. Druckmann also confirmed that filming for the series is set to wrap up tomorrow, so hopefully it won't be much longer before we finally get a trailer.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Summer Game Fest 2022: First Look at Joel and Ellie
During the closing moments of today's Summer Game Fest presentation, Neil Druckmann provided our first look at Joel and Ellie:

[Image: tlou-hbo-hd-1654805667405.jpeg]

The image is captured from an episode that Druckmann himself directed, and it was also revealed that Joel and Ellie's original voice actors, Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson (respectively), will have substantial roles in the TV series, but obviously not as Joel or Ellie. Druckmann also confirmed that filming for the series is set to wrap up tomorrow, so hopefully it won't be much longer before we finally get a trailer.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I expect a trailer to release on Outbreak Day.

I'm interested in seeing what characters Ashley and Troy will play. Ashley is a very good actress herself and I've never seen Troy outside of his recording booth perform (well, aside from the mocap stuff in TLOU).
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I expect a trailer to release on Outbreak Day.

I'm interested in seeing what characters Ashley and Troy will play. Ashley is a very good actress herself and I've never seen Troy outside of his recording booth perform (well, aside from the mocap stuff in TLOU).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I really hope a trailer comes sooner than later.

I wonder whether Ashley and Troy are showing up together or if their roles are separate from each other. Either way, the only places I can predict they'd show up is in Boston QZ, or Tommy's Dam. There's no other areas in the story that features people, unless they're going to have antagonistic roles.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I really hope a trailer comes sooner than later.

I wonder whether Ashley and Troy are showing up together or if their roles are separate from each other. Either way, the only places I can predict they'd show up is in Boston QZ, or Tommy's Dam. There's no other areas in the story that features people, unless they're going to have antagonistic roles.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:34 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I heard about this not too long ago and I must say, I'd watch it!
I'm now having second thoughts. Most of the time movies or TV shows from games can never really live up to the expericenes and I'm thinking this is going to another one of those cases. I sure hope not, but I won't hold my breath.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I'm now having second thoughts. Most of the time movies or TV shows from games can never really live up to the expericenes and I'm thinking this is going to another one of those cases. I sure hope not, but I won't hold my breath.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
They announced it'll debut "Early 2023" now, which is interesting and tells me their post-pro stuff is going more smoothly than expected. That's always a good thing. I'm also not sure what to make out of this myself, still, at this point, but I have a small hope it'll be at least relatively competent to some degree. Shrug
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
They announced it'll debut "Early 2023" now, which is interesting and tells me their post-pro stuff is going more smoothly than expected. That's always a good thing. I'm also not sure what to make out of this myself, still, at this point, but I have a small hope it'll be at least relatively competent to some degree. Shrug
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 14th, 2022, 01:54 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I think this has a decent chance, since Druckmann is heavily involved in the project and even directed one of the episodes himself, and I'm sure any of the changes being made would go through him first.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 14th, 2022, 01:54 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I think this has a decent chance, since Druckmann is heavily involved in the project and even directed one of the episodes himself, and I'm sure any of the changes being made would go through him first.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I couldn't find anything officially posted but HBO just put out a sizzle reel of upcoming shows they'll be having and it had a segment dedicated to this show:

I have to say, the actors have done a very good job of keeping close to the voices of the original characters and it makes me excited to hear more dialogue! Grin

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I couldn't find anything officially posted but HBO just put out a sizzle reel of upcoming shows they'll be having and it had a segment dedicated to this show:

I have to say, the actors have done a very good job of keeping close to the voices of the original characters and it makes me excited to hear more dialogue! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If we want the official YouTube sizzle real posted, here it is:

Man I really hope this turns out to be good. It's got so much good going for it, but I can't help but feel the slightest bit of dread/doubt all things media related lately are considered Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
If we want the official YouTube sizzle real posted, here it is:

Man I really hope this turns out to be good. It's got so much good going for it, but I can't help but feel the slightest bit of dread/doubt all things media related lately are considered Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Last of Us TV Show - Official Trailer
In celebration of The Last of Us Day, the first full trailer has been released for the upcoming The Last of Us TV Show, scheduled to air on HBO in 2023.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Last of Us TV Show - Official Trailer
In celebration of The Last of Us Day, the first full trailer has been released for the upcoming The Last of Us TV Show, scheduled to air on HBO in 2023.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Really really hoping this turns out as good as it's looking. I can't believe we're gonna have to get a stupid HBO Max sub for this but oh well.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Really really hoping this turns out as good as it's looking. I can't believe we're gonna have to get a stupid HBO Max sub for this but oh well.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2022, 04:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Given the attention to very small details like having the bloody text on the wall match the game exactly, I would be surprised for this to go bad after seeing this trailer. A lot of care is clearly going into it whereas a lot of video game adaptations tend to just focus on the obvious things and ignore the finer details.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 29th, 2022, 04:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Given the attention to very small details like having the bloody text on the wall match the game exactly, I would be surprised for this to go bad after seeing this trailer. A lot of care is clearly going into it whereas a lot of video game adaptations tend to just focus on the obvious things and ignore the finer details.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I'm not going to lie. That most recent trailer looks pretty dang awesome and gives me some actual hope that the series won't be a disservice to The Last of Us lore.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I'm not going to lie. That most recent trailer looks pretty dang awesome and gives me some actual hope that the series won't be a disservice to The Last of Us lore.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 30th, 2022, 07:06 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I doubt any story elements will be changed to any degree that messes with the canon of the story told in the games.
Thinking about it though, I wonder if Abby's story will be told differently at all in this since her character won't be thought of later like it was for the games. It would be neat for her to appear at the Firefly Lab before Joel kills her father like she does in her Part 2 flashback, but it could diminish the shock value of how in Part 2 her first appearance was suddenly playing golf with Joel's head. On the flip side though, it was kinda obvious she was related to the surgeon and the hospital slaughter once it became clear she was specifically looking for Joel, but the shock was more in her suddenly blowing Joel's leg apart with a shotgun than what her motive was.
I do think it'll be tough to tell the Ellie/Abby story the same way in a TV show as it was in Part 2 though, so I'm sure it's going to have to be delivered differently in some way regardless. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 30th, 2022, 07:06 AM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I doubt any story elements will be changed to any degree that messes with the canon of the story told in the games.
Thinking about it though, I wonder if Abby's story will be told differently at all in this since her character won't be thought of later like it was for the games. It would be neat for her to appear at the Firefly Lab before Joel kills her father like she does in her Part 2 flashback, but it could diminish the shock value of how in Part 2 her first appearance was suddenly playing golf with Joel's head. On the flip side though, it was kinda obvious she was related to the surgeon and the hospital slaughter once it became clear she was specifically looking for Joel, but the shock was more in her suddenly blowing Joel's leg apart with a shotgun than what her motive was.
I do think it'll be tough to tell the Ellie/Abby story the same way in a TV show as it was in Part 2 though, so I'm sure it's going to have to be delivered differently in some way regardless. Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I guess there was some event going on at a con or something today promoting the heck out of this series, because a ton of character posters got dropped today which for a number of them is the first time I think we're seeing these depictions of the characters in the show:

Interesting to see Frank get a poster as well as even having an actor attached, since in the game we just see him dead and that's it. I wonder if that means we're going to get an episode or two showing Bill and Frank together prior to when Joel and Ellie arrive in Bill's Town. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I guess there was some event going on at a con or something today promoting the heck out of this series, because a ton of character posters got dropped today which for a number of them is the first time I think we're seeing these depictions of the characters in the show:

Interesting to see Frank get a poster as well as even having an actor attached, since in the game we just see him dead and that's it. I wonder if that means we're going to get an episode or two showing Bill and Frank together prior to when Joel and Ellie arrive in Bill's Town. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Aaaaaaand in addition to these new posters, here's a new 2 1/2 minute trailer!

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Aaaaaaand in addition to these new posters, here's a new 2 1/2 minute trailer!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced queenzelda 81 23,011 Feb 16th, 2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Game Would You Want An Anime/Show/Movie For? Moonface 4 1,001 Feb 12th, 2023, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface