AITA?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
AITA = Am I The Asshole?

Normally this is reserved for someone asking if they're an asshole for something they did in reality, but I saw a couple of takes on this from the perspective of characters in Tears of the Kingdom just now and thought it would be funny to do this with other fictional characters. Examples provided of what I saw for anyone not really familiar with this format: Uncharted 3 | AITA for not remaining seated during my flight?
So back in like 2011/2012 I (35M) was "scheduled" to take a flight to an undisclosable location in the Rub' al Khali desert on let's just call it an archeological hunt. I was late for my flight however and had to board last minute by jumping onto the wheels during takeoff. I know it sounds weird but Yemen isn't all that great when it comes to travel regulations; just earlier on that same day I'd gone on a cruise ship just off the coast that managed to capsize because the captain shot a hole through a submerged window.

Anyway, I couldn't get to my actual seat for the flight so I just decided to just stay in place in one of the luggage compartments beneath the floor instead. It was cramped but I figured I could deal with it until I get to the other end of the flight. At some point, a flight attendant somehow spotted me down there and pulled me out, and despite trying to explain myself I think he was having a bad day because he didn't really wanna listen and just decided to get violent with me because no one else was in the cabin at the time this was happening. The fight got a bit out of hand and a gunfight broke out (again, Yemen has shit travel regulations and just lets people on planes with guns?!), and eventually it caused the whole plane to go down and crash land in the middle of the desert. I was the only survivor but I think everyone else on the plane died pretty quickly?

I've never really told many people about this incident before so I'm just wondering AITA? If I had stayed in my seat this wouldn't have happened but I'm not the one who chose to leave it in the first place. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
AITA = Am I The Asshole?

Normally this is reserved for someone asking if they're an asshole for something they did in reality, but I saw a couple of takes on this from the perspective of characters in Tears of the Kingdom just now and thought it would be funny to do this with other fictional characters. Examples provided of what I saw for anyone not really familiar with this format: Uncharted 3 | AITA for not remaining seated during my flight?
So back in like 2011/2012 I (35M) was "scheduled" to take a flight to an undisclosable location in the Rub' al Khali desert on let's just call it an archeological hunt. I was late for my flight however and had to board last minute by jumping onto the wheels during takeoff. I know it sounds weird but Yemen isn't all that great when it comes to travel regulations; just earlier on that same day I'd gone on a cruise ship just off the coast that managed to capsize because the captain shot a hole through a submerged window.

Anyway, I couldn't get to my actual seat for the flight so I just decided to just stay in place in one of the luggage compartments beneath the floor instead. It was cramped but I figured I could deal with it until I get to the other end of the flight. At some point, a flight attendant somehow spotted me down there and pulled me out, and despite trying to explain myself I think he was having a bad day because he didn't really wanna listen and just decided to get violent with me because no one else was in the cabin at the time this was happening. The fight got a bit out of hand and a gunfight broke out (again, Yemen has shit travel regulations and just lets people on planes with guns?!), and eventually it caused the whole plane to go down and crash land in the middle of the desert. I was the only survivor but I think everyone else on the plane died pretty quickly?

I've never really told many people about this incident before so I'm just wondering AITA? If I had stayed in my seat this wouldn't have happened but I'm not the one who chose to leave it in the first place. Errm