Favourite Game Trailers
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What are your favourite game trailers? Are there any that stand the test of time and make you excited for a game as if you were still waiting for it, even though the game has already been released?

My favourite and also most timeless trailer for me will always be LittleBigPlanet 2's debut trailer. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it just has something special about it that makes me feel all fuzzy inside and go pop the game in my PS3 again.

1:31 onwards is where I find the magic really hits. Especially at 1:41 when it does that awesome transition to "A platform for games!" followed up with "AWESOME" rolling down the screen. Sigh 

I'm also a huge fan of the Rage and Sorrow trailer for Tekken 7. That song just makes me get so much hype even though I'm not interested in the game. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What are your favourite game trailers? Are there any that stand the test of time and make you excited for a game as if you were still waiting for it, even though the game has already been released?

My favourite and also most timeless trailer for me will always be LittleBigPlanet 2's debut trailer. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it just has something special about it that makes me feel all fuzzy inside and go pop the game in my PS3 again.

1:31 onwards is where I find the magic really hits. Especially at 1:41 when it does that awesome transition to "A platform for games!" followed up with "AWESOME" rolling down the screen. Sigh 

I'm also a huge fan of the Rage and Sorrow trailer for Tekken 7. That song just makes me get so much hype even though I'm not interested in the game. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I don't know why, but this thing always stuck with me (and it shouldn't have had, it's horrible xD):

(Please note that we were already aware of the games at the time the commercial made it where I am, so no further gameplay was needed).
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I don't know why, but this thing always stuck with me (and it shouldn't have had, it's horrible xD):

(Please note that we were already aware of the games at the time the commercial made it where I am, so no further gameplay was needed).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Tsu: Man, that video didn't stay around for long. Is this the trailer you mean (considering you mentioned it was "horrible")?

That Tekken 7 trailer, or rather the first one that appeared at E3 or whenever it was for the game, and it had the song over Heihachi fighting Kazuya. When it was confirmed the story was going to be around these two as well. Yup, still hype to this day.  =3

Same with this trailer. I want to be taken back to seeing this for the first time with no knowledge of what the game was going to have. The chills and excitement I got then, ah! Grin Also we needed to know the footage was taken from the PS4 and not pre-rendered/cgi.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Tsu: Man, that video didn't stay around for long. Is this the trailer you mean (considering you mentioned it was "horrible")?

That Tekken 7 trailer, or rather the first one that appeared at E3 or whenever it was for the game, and it had the song over Heihachi fighting Kazuya. When it was confirmed the story was going to be around these two as well. Yup, still hype to this day.  =3

Same with this trailer. I want to be taken back to seeing this for the first time with no knowledge of what the game was going to have. The chills and excitement I got then, ah! Grin Also we needed to know the footage was taken from the PS4 and not pre-rendered/cgi.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
@EL: I'm confused, my friend. Can't you watch the video? It's displaying just fine for me... maybe it was region-locked or something.

But yes, that's indeed the one Smile
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
@EL: I'm confused, my friend. Can't you watch the video? It's displaying just fine for me... maybe it was region-locked or something.

But yes, that's indeed the one Smile
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Tsu: Your video shows a thumbnail usually associated for a dead YT video. The video works, it just doesn't look like it does so maybe EL thought the video was broken and didn't try clicking play. Wink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Tsu: Your video shows a thumbnail usually associated for a dead YT video. The video works, it just doesn't look like it does so maybe EL thought the video was broken and didn't try clicking play. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favourite Lines in Games? Moonface 14 2,428 Dec 30th, 2023, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  Favourite Game Development Stories? Moonface 0 160 Dec 9th, 2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Favourite/Memorable Cutscenes? Moonface 2 308 Oct 19th, 2023, 07:57 PM
  Favourite/Preferred Sub-Genres? Moonface 2 384 Sep 13th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai