The Coronavirus | Contains 4.5% Alcohol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't checked if I'm eligible to get a vaccine. Not that I have any plans on getting it any time soon.

Also it turned out to be one of the high schoolers that works there that tested positive for it, though another one of my co-workers got tested today as well, and his results should be known in the next day or two. If he comes back positive, then I may have to get tested as well, since I worked with him last weekend.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't checked if I'm eligible to get a vaccine. Not that I have any plans on getting it any time soon.

Also it turned out to be one of the high schoolers that works there that tested positive for it, though another one of my co-workers got tested today as well, and his results should be known in the next day or two. If he comes back positive, then I may have to get tested as well, since I worked with him last weekend.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I forget @Dragon Lord, do you get paid for the time off if you have to be out due to Covid?

Also how come you don't want to try and get the vaccine as soon as you can? I'm curious.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I forget @Dragon Lord, do you get paid for the time off if you have to be out due to Covid?

Also how come you don't want to try and get the vaccine as soon as you can? I'm curious.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
No, my boss doesn't pay us for any time missed due to being sick.

I'm not interested in the vaccine right now because I'm not going to get one that was rushed out the door in six months, compared to the years of research most vaccines get. Who knows what kind of nasty side effects the vaccine could have on people a year or two from now, and I'd rather not find out from getting it myself. I'll wait a couple of years and see how things turn out before decided if I want to get it. Plus, I'm not very worried about COVID. Haven't been from the start. While the rest of the world was in "We're all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" panic mode, I was just like, eh. It's a virus, it'll do what it does.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

I'm not interested in the vaccine right now because I'm not going to get one that was rushed out the door in six months, compared to the years of research most vaccines get. Who knows what kind of nasty side effects the vaccine could have on people a year or two from now, and I'd rather not find out from getting it myself. I'll wait a couple of years and see how things turn out before decided if I want to get it. Plus, I'm not very worried about COVID. Haven't been from the start. While the rest of the world was in "We're all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" panic mode, I was just like, eh. It's a virus, it'll do what it does.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 7th, 2021, 07:20 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Does your employer not get covered by this? Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights

Fair point. I felt concerned about that too, but I'm going to put faith into it being OK. Especially since I don't want to wait even more years to see my family in England again.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Does your employer not get covered by this? Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights

Fair point. I felt concerned about that too, but I'm going to put faith into it being OK. Especially since I don't want to wait even more years to see my family in England again.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nope. Small, personally owned businesses don't have to abide by most of the Federal guidelines for things like that. That sort of stuff is usually just required for large Corporations to follow.

It's along the same lines of there being two minimum wages. I don't remember the exact numbers in Minnesota right now, but minimum wage for a corporation is around... $12 or $13 right now? While the minimum wage for small business is like a tad over $8.

So yeah, my boss has no obligation to offer us paid sick leave, and because it's not required by the Government for her to do so, she won't.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nope. Small, personally owned businesses don't have to abide by most of the Federal guidelines for things like that. That sort of stuff is usually just required for large Corporations to follow.

It's along the same lines of there being two minimum wages. I don't remember the exact numbers in Minnesota right now, but minimum wage for a corporation is around... $12 or $13 right now? While the minimum wage for small business is like a tad over $8.

So yeah, my boss has no obligation to offer us paid sick leave, and because it's not required by the Government for her to do so, she won't.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For some reason I thought what I linked stated that small employer's get covered to provide the paid leave so it doesn't come from their own pockets, but reading it again I can't see that so no idea why I thought I saw that. That was mostly why I brought it up because I figured that they could be covered to provide paid leave.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For some reason I thought what I linked stated that small employer's get covered to provide the paid leave so it doesn't come from their own pockets, but reading it again I can't see that so no idea why I thought I saw that. That was mostly why I brought it up because I figured that they could be covered to provide paid leave.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

This is a common misconception and concern most have, but it's important to learn why this vaccine isn't actually "brand new" and it being "rushed" is actually just the process being streamlined and not carried through a whole bunch of bureaucratic bullshit.

Here's some videos explaining why:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

This is a common misconception and concern most have, but it's important to learn why this vaccine isn't actually "brand new" and it being "rushed" is actually just the process being streamlined and not carried through a whole bunch of bureaucratic bullshit.

Here's some videos explaining why:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, the second dose is horrible. I've spent almost all day feeling like complete trash and barely able to do anything. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, the second dose is horrible. I've spent almost all day feeling like complete trash and barely able to do anything. Sad
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah sheet yeah was time for you and Shira to get the second dose. So really is something to look out for, but should be over in a day or two?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah sheet yeah was time for you and Shira to get the second dose. So really is something to look out for, but should be over in a day or two?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 3rd, 2021, 05:37 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yesterday was really rough for us, today we're better but still feeling it. My guess is we'll both be fine again by tomorrow or the end of tomorrow.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 3rd, 2021, 05:37 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yesterday was really rough for us, today we're better but still feeling it. My guess is we'll both be fine again by tomorrow or the end of tomorrow.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Did you both got time off for today? Unless you aren't scheduled for today normally, Moony. Since Shira mentioned she was considering to do so.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Did you both got time off for today? Unless you aren't scheduled for today normally, Moony. Since Shira mentioned she was considering to do so.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 3rd, 2021, 06:39 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I didn't have work today anyway. Shira did but she took the day off.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 3rd, 2021, 06:39 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I didn't have work today anyway. Shira did but she took the day off.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I'm having difficulty having the energy to do very much today at all so I knew it wasn't gonna work out with work today. Luckily I had finished my Monday tasks on Friday so it didn't hold anyone back.

I'm just happy to see the back of this and finally be able to enjoy life again. Wish more people got vaccinated so we can finally herd immunize this whole thing but it's unlikely to happen with the bunch of anti-vaxxers out there Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I'm having difficulty having the energy to do very much today at all so I knew it wasn't gonna work out with work today. Luckily I had finished my Monday tasks on Friday so it didn't hold anyone back.

I'm just happy to see the back of this and finally be able to enjoy life again. Wish more people got vaccinated so we can finally herd immunize this whole thing but it's unlikely to happen with the bunch of anti-vaxxers out there Sad
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(May 3rd, 2021, 01:59 AM)Moonface Wrote:

On the bright side, at least Sunday was probably the best day to get it if you were going to. The most likely day where you have nothing else of significance going on. Plus you can one or two days off of work as an added bonus~
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(May 3rd, 2021, 01:59 AM)Moonface Wrote:

On the bright side, at least Sunday was probably the best day to get it if you were going to. The most likely day where you have nothing else of significance going on. Plus you can one or two days off of work as an added bonus~
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to respond at the time, but we got vaccinated Saturday. @ShiraNoMai took Monday off, and I took off Tuesday because I wasn't scheduled Monday, but I didn't really gain anything because I had to go in on Wednesday instead (they moved my shift from Tuesday to Wednesday).

Also, just found out that Publix is not requiring vaccinated customers and workers to wear masks effective tomorrow. I don't get the point of the distinction though because we can't check customers, so basically everyone will just not wear masks. The only people that can be checked are workers but that comes down to whether the management cares to check it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot to respond at the time, but we got vaccinated Saturday. @ShiraNoMai took Monday off, and I took off Tuesday because I wasn't scheduled Monday, but I didn't really gain anything because I had to go in on Wednesday instead (they moved my shift from Tuesday to Wednesday).

Also, just found out that Publix is not requiring vaccinated customers and workers to wear masks effective tomorrow. I don't get the point of the distinction though because we can't check customers, so basically everyone will just not wear masks. The only people that can be checked are workers but that comes down to whether the management cares to check it.