Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(May 14th, 2020, 09:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
So I don't know yet if my store is doing this (I expect they are), but the company I work for is pulling this absolutely piss taking stunt: https://www.reddit.com/r/publix/comments...member_is/

A thank you banner for the customers that the workers are being asked to sign. The customers are why all but myself and one other guy on grocery have all moved to overnight shifts. There's nothing to thank the customers for. If they're kind, they were doing it before this started. Otherwise, they just saw it as more excuses to be pieces of complete shit. I see customers in my store every single shift buying nothing, they're just coming in because they're bored. They dump their gloves on the floor or leave them in carts for us. At the start of this they would fight us over paper products instead of just waiting in a line like civilised people. Yet....we're meant to thank them? Please. Rolleyes

What the heck? Looks like people are signing it as well, what are they thinking? Although great someone's written another note to the right of "Please sign". Hope your store doesn't go and join the idea. Thankfully our customers aren't too bad now, but know over there they're still awful to work around. Must say I haven't noticed people coming in not shopping, that's a new one but not surprising. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(May 14th, 2020, 09:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
So I don't know yet if my store is doing this (I expect they are), but the company I work for is pulling this absolutely piss taking stunt: https://www.reddit.com/r/publix/comments...member_is/

A thank you banner for the customers that the workers are being asked to sign. The customers are why all but myself and one other guy on grocery have all moved to overnight shifts. There's nothing to thank the customers for. If they're kind, they were doing it before this started. Otherwise, they just saw it as more excuses to be pieces of complete shit. I see customers in my store every single shift buying nothing, they're just coming in because they're bored. They dump their gloves on the floor or leave them in carts for us. At the start of this they would fight us over paper products instead of just waiting in a line like civilised people. Yet....we're meant to thank them? Please. Rolleyes

What the heck? Looks like people are signing it as well, what are they thinking? Although great someone's written another note to the right of "Please sign". Hope your store doesn't go and join the idea. Thankfully our customers aren't too bad now, but know over there they're still awful to work around. Must say I haven't noticed people coming in not shopping, that's a new one but not surprising. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Wow that publix thank you thing to the customer is just wow.....a lot of people were assholes about the whole thing and I am shocked that anyone would sign it.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Wow that publix thank you thing to the customer is just wow.....a lot of people were assholes about the whole thing and I am shocked that anyone would sign it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,548
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I discovered my store did get this banner, but no one actually realised it because it was immediately hung up on the wall inside where all the carts are stored. The option to sign it wasn't even presented. Anyone who I inform of its existence though still thinks a banner thanking customers is still taking the piss though, especially yesterday when so many people were shopping with their masks removed. I even saw a few people coughing without covering their mouths. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,548 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I discovered my store did get this banner, but no one actually realised it because it was immediately hung up on the wall inside where all the carts are stored. The option to sign it wasn't even presented. Anyone who I inform of its existence though still thinks a banner thanking customers is still taking the piss though, especially yesterday when so many people were shopping with their masks removed. I even saw a few people coughing without covering their mouths. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just saw that Universal Orlando is open for business today, which I didn't expect but more unexpected to me is the sheer lack of people there:

https://twitter.com/ChettPease/status/12...2820256770
https://twitter.com/thrillgeek/status/12...1661916160
https://twitter.com/Mousesteps/status/12...1708278784

I assume people just aren't going since the entrances to the park are empty too. If there was a limit then I'd expect to see a long line to get in, although there probably is one that would be implemented if a lot of people turned up since rides are running with limitations:
https://twitter.com/ChettPease/status/12...4103843842

At first I thought it must be so nice for the people who are there to not be stuck in lines, but apparently the ride limitations are putting some rides into 75+ minute wait times. Until I saw that, the state of the park was reminding me of when me and @ShiraNoMai went to Universal after a terrorist attack in 2015 in France had happened and basically walked onto every ride without waiting.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just saw that Universal Orlando is open for business today, which I didn't expect but more unexpected to me is the sheer lack of people there:

https://twitter.com/ChettPease/status/12...2820256770
https://twitter.com/thrillgeek/status/12...1661916160
https://twitter.com/Mousesteps/status/12...1708278784

I assume people just aren't going since the entrances to the park are empty too. If there was a limit then I'd expect to see a long line to get in, although there probably is one that would be implemented if a lot of people turned up since rides are running with limitations:
https://twitter.com/ChettPease/status/12...4103843842

At first I thought it must be so nice for the people who are there to not be stuck in lines, but apparently the ride limitations are putting some rides into 75+ minute wait times. Until I saw that, the state of the park was reminding me of when me and @ShiraNoMai went to Universal after a terrorist attack in 2015 in France had happened and basically walked onto every ride without waiting.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
At first I thought it' was OK in the Diagon Alley photo, that they were just lowering the amount of people in an area at one time. The other photos showed there was less than I'd thought I'd see though. One of the posts mentioning there were more people leaving than arriving was what got me most though. If there's a 75+ minute wait on some attractions for that level of people I can understand why then.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
At first I thought it' was OK in the Diagon Alley photo, that they were just lowering the amount of people in an area at one time. The other photos showed there was less than I'd thought I'd see though. One of the posts mentioning there were more people leaving than arriving was what got me most though. If there's a 75+ minute wait on some attractions for that level of people I can understand why then.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wouldn't surprise me if people entered virtual queue's for rides that offered it and then left the park for cheaper food since getting back in doesn't look like it would take long.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wouldn't surprise me if people entered virtual queue's for rides that offered it and then left the park for cheaper food since getting back in doesn't look like it would take long.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Health experts are now worrying that the recent protests/riots will cause a second outbreak of the Coronavirus to happen much sooner than expected.

My co-workers keep talking about how it's funny that since the riots started, no one is talking about the coronavirus anymore. Like it just disappeared and wasn't ever that big of a deal. I'm just like, "Uh... no? It's still very much a thing, you just don't see the media talking about it as much any more because they found a new ratings booster to milk."
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Health experts are now worrying that the recent protests/riots will cause a second outbreak of the Coronavirus to happen much sooner than expected.

My co-workers keep talking about how it's funny that since the riots started, no one is talking about the coronavirus anymore. Like it just disappeared and wasn't ever that big of a deal. I'm just like, "Uh... no? It's still very much a thing, you just don't see the media talking about it as much any more because they found a new ratings booster to milk."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the media isn't going to cover it when it's not the hot issue. Although I did see that New Zealand has no cases left and is opening everything back up again. They're not allowing international travel either so that should stop anyone getting in who are carrying it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the media isn't going to cover it when it's not the hot issue. Although I did see that New Zealand has no cases left and is opening everything back up again. They're not allowing international travel either so that should stop anyone getting in who are carrying it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nah the reason why rates will go up won't be protests, it'll be because all these fucking states keep opening up since Memorial Day and nothing else. We're already seeing rates skyrocket in South Florida. Recall that it takes about 7-14 days for the virus to incubate and then for symptoms to appear.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nah the reason why rates will go up won't be protests, it'll be because all these fucking states keep opening up since Memorial Day and nothing else. We're already seeing rates skyrocket in South Florida. Recall that it takes about 7-14 days for the virus to incubate and then for symptoms to appear.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm calling it now that the media blames the increase on the protests alone and completely ignores all the idiots that went out before this for no good reason. At least the protestors are protesting something important and not a haircut.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm calling it now that the media blames the increase on the protests alone and completely ignores all the idiots that went out before this for no good reason. At least the protestors are protesting something important and not a haircut.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
According to the news*, Coronavirus numbers are skyrocketing in many States across the United States. Here's what everyone was waiting for. Round 2, FIGHT!

I can't wait for everything to get closed again /s
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
According to the news*, Coronavirus numbers are skyrocketing in many States across the United States. Here's what everyone was waiting for. Round 2, FIGHT!

I can't wait for everything to get closed again /s
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I saw so many people in my store over the weekend not wearing masks that I started losing count. Then a good number of people with masks on just pull them down whenever they want to talk to a worker while being attracted to said worker like a magnet. My store literally had a Covid case not even two weeks ago and the customers act like nothing happened.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I saw so many people in my store over the weekend not wearing masks that I started losing count. Then a good number of people with masks on just pull them down whenever they want to talk to a worker while being attracted to said worker like a magnet. My store literally had a Covid case not even two weeks ago and the customers act like nothing happened.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Waiting for it to spike again here, saw many people this past weekend albeit sticking to groups in most instances at a park I went to with my sister, dad and family friend. Also know there were lots of people at the beach too. 1,000 odd new cases is lower than many other countries but then again our 180 deaths is up there, although Mexico apparently have 730.

Lowering to 1 meter rule is meant to be coming in soon, or rather talks of it (UK anyway). Perhaps then will be the rise, or it won't happen with the scare of other places gaining more cases.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Waiting for it to spike again here, saw many people this past weekend albeit sticking to groups in most instances at a park I went to with my sister, dad and family friend. Also know there were lots of people at the beach too. 1,000 odd new cases is lower than many other countries but then again our 180 deaths is up there, although Mexico apparently have 730.

Lowering to 1 meter rule is meant to be coming in soon, or rather talks of it (UK anyway). Perhaps then will be the rise, or it won't happen with the scare of other places gaining more cases.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The county that @ShiraNoMai and I used to live in just made it mandatory last week for everyone to wear masks at stores and some of the comments people made in argument against it at the town hall meeting were absurd. Claiming it'll promote Satanism or pedophilia or that God wouldn't restrict our breathing and that a mask goes against his plans (although some of those same people were wearing glasses).

Europe has also decided that it will not allow American tourists to travel there for the foreseeable future and I think Canada is doing the same.

It amazes me that at the start all you heard was people bitching that China has screwed us all yet at this stage I'd say the people who won't do basic things to help have caused more damage. Just look at how NZ got rid of their cases entirely by everyone doing their part (until some moron from the UK lied about their health to get into the country for a funeral). Meanwhile other places are sitting at a stalemate or going backwards.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The county that @ShiraNoMai and I used to live in just made it mandatory last week for everyone to wear masks at stores and some of the comments people made in argument against it at the town hall meeting were absurd. Claiming it'll promote Satanism or pedophilia or that God wouldn't restrict our breathing and that a mask goes against his plans (although some of those same people were wearing glasses).

Europe has also decided that it will not allow American tourists to travel there for the foreseeable future and I think Canada is doing the same.

It amazes me that at the start all you heard was people bitching that China has screwed us all yet at this stage I'd say the people who won't do basic things to help have caused more damage. Just look at how NZ got rid of their cases entirely by everyone doing their part (until some moron from the UK lied about their health to get into the country for a funeral). Meanwhile other places are sitting at a stalemate or going backwards.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
In some good news, the University of Oxford has made good progress so far with a vaccine:

I think that the vaccine should be free to everyone in every country when it finally gets distributed. Charging for it with ridiculous prices like America is going to be itching to do is wrong and for something like this everyone should be protected.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
In some good news, the University of Oxford has made good progress so far with a vaccine:

I think that the vaccine should be free to everyone in every country when it finally gets distributed. Charging for it with ridiculous prices like America is going to be itching to do is wrong and for something like this everyone should be protected.