The Coronavirus | Contains 4.5% Alcohol
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Walmart doesn't actually enforce anything either. They ask customers to wear one, but if you refuse they don't tell you to leave. It's just a, "Well, at least we tried." kind of thing.

Corporations could definitely afford to lose some customers, because a few here and there won't make much of a difference, but of course they're not going to say no to getting every little penny they can. Whereas small businesses literally cannot afford to lose a single customer.

And just to clarify to everyone here, I do wear a mask when I go out shopping, and when I'm at work. Don't mistake me for an anti-masker. I just don't throw a huge fit when I see someone not wearing a mask because it's just whatever. Can't control what other people do.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Walmart doesn't actually enforce anything either. They ask customers to wear one, but if you refuse they don't tell you to leave. It's just a, "Well, at least we tried." kind of thing.

Corporations could definitely afford to lose some customers, because a few here and there won't make much of a difference, but of course they're not going to say no to getting every little penny they can. Whereas small businesses literally cannot afford to lose a single customer.

And just to clarify to everyone here, I do wear a mask when I go out shopping, and when I'm at work. Don't mistake me for an anti-masker. I just don't throw a huge fit when I see someone not wearing a mask because it's just whatever. Can't control what other people do.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I mean I think that everyone opinion of the whole thing corporations could really afford to lose these customers, but they won't and Id don't blame small businesses for doing it, but hey if they can they might want to even if people tend to be against confrontation of anykind.

I feel like everyone here probably wears the mask when out, but like Night Lord it not like I will go out of my way to start a fight with someone that doesn't because they probably aren't going to listen, but I do admit I am being a hypocrite with this because I'm asking businesses to enforce it, but I won't do it myself and therefore the businesses would probably have to make their employees do it and they probably don't want to deal with the confrontation either. Errm

Most I generally do is just try to stay clear of non-masked people I don't want to risk getting anything  when I'm out.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I mean I think that everyone opinion of the whole thing corporations could really afford to lose these customers, but they won't and Id don't blame small businesses for doing it, but hey if they can they might want to even if people tend to be against confrontation of anykind.

I feel like everyone here probably wears the mask when out, but like Night Lord it not like I will go out of my way to start a fight with someone that doesn't because they probably aren't going to listen, but I do admit I am being a hypocrite with this because I'm asking businesses to enforce it, but I won't do it myself and therefore the businesses would probably have to make their employees do it and they probably don't want to deal with the confrontation either. Errm

Most I generally do is just try to stay clear of non-masked people I don't want to risk getting anything  when I'm out.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll never throw a fit over someone not wearing a mask (for the same reasons as you and also, there's nothing you can do to ever change their mind) but it does make me incredibly uncomfortable being in a room or within distance of each other. Although nothing is worse to me than someone wearing a mask incorrectly. It's like, you made the effort to put it on, but it's effectively useless with the way you're wearing it. Chin-diapers, dick-nosing. Ugh. That's more irritating than anything. >.<
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll never throw a fit over someone not wearing a mask (for the same reasons as you and also, there's nothing you can do to ever change their mind) but it does make me incredibly uncomfortable being in a room or within distance of each other. Although nothing is worse to me than someone wearing a mask incorrectly. It's like, you made the effort to put it on, but it's effectively useless with the way you're wearing it. Chin-diapers, dick-nosing. Ugh. That's more irritating than anything. >.<
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 9th, 2021, 05:09 AM)Yuri Wrote:

The difference between you questioning a customer about no mask and an employee doing it is that the employee is likely doing it with the backup of the company having it as a policy to enforce masks. They have a level of authority and can escalate that authority too by getting a manager involved; if you confront someone, you're just another member of the public trying to enforce something in a private space that you are not an authority of.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Mar 9th, 2021, 05:09 AM)Yuri Wrote:

The difference between you questioning a customer about no mask and an employee doing it is that the employee is likely doing it with the backup of the company having it as a policy to enforce masks. They have a level of authority and can escalate that authority too by getting a manager involved; if you confront someone, you're just another member of the public trying to enforce something in a private space that you are not an authority of.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy fuck, @ShiraNoMai and I went out for dinner tonight to grab pizza from a downtown area and the amount of people down here is insane. Every restaurant is packed to the hilt and no one is wearing a mask anywhere, yet there's signs everywhere saying masks are required. The poor people who have to work down here with that shit better be getting paid good money for how at risk they are in these conditions.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy fuck, @ShiraNoMai and I went out for dinner tonight to grab pizza from a downtown area and the amount of people down here is insane. Every restaurant is packed to the hilt and no one is wearing a mask anywhere, yet there's signs everywhere saying masks are required. The poor people who have to work down here with that shit better be getting paid good money for how at risk they are in these conditions.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Yeahhhh that's not good at all.  Shock Were they at least spaced apart or no?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 20th, 2021, 02:09 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Ha ha, nope! Everyone was seated basically back to back with barely enough space for the servers to get between tables.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 20th, 2021, 02:09 PM)Yuri Wrote:
Ha ha, nope! Everyone was seated basically back to back with barely enough space for the servers to get between tables.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez what the-? Sounds like all care and safety have gone out the window. I assume the staff were wearing masks, or were they let to be free for some bizarre reason? If infection suddenly rises, you'll know why. Hope you two were safe during that and your pizza was good.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Geez what the-? Sounds like all care and safety have gone out the window. I assume the staff were wearing masks, or were they let to be free for some bizarre reason? If infection suddenly rises, you'll know why. Hope you two were safe during that and your pizza was good.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Staff appeared to all be masked up, and that's consistent across every where we go, thankfully. But good god, that was absolutely horrifying to witness. It was all the same kind of person, too; exactly who you would expect to see not giving a fuck and just living their lives.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Staff appeared to all be masked up, and that's consistent across every where we go, thankfully. But good god, that was absolutely horrifying to witness. It was all the same kind of person, too; exactly who you would expect to see not giving a fuck and just living their lives.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So our Governor is finally starting to ease up on restrictions. Sounds like the Twins might be able to have fans in some capacity at Target Field for opening day, which is nice. Maybe I'll use some of my stimulus money to go to a game or two this summer. Though if number of fans is extremely limited, I can imagine ticket prices might skyrocket to compensate for it. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So our Governor is finally starting to ease up on restrictions. Sounds like the Twins might be able to have fans in some capacity at Target Field for opening day, which is nice. Maybe I'll use some of my stimulus money to go to a game or two this summer. Though if number of fans is extremely limited, I can imagine ticket prices might skyrocket to compensate for it. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2021, 12:18 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Though if number of fans is extremely limited, I can imagine ticket prices might skyrocket to compensate for it. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
I think the bigger issue is going to be scalpers, especially if the tickets don't have high prices. I expect a lot of events are going to have that become a bigger problem than before when everything goes back to normal since the demand is probably going to be higher than it ever has been since no one has gone to any events in a year now.

I managed to get scheduled for a vaccine appointment, although my mother-in-law also scheduled me for one so now I don't know what one to go to. I have one for today but it's really far away, whereas the one that got scheduled on the weekend is much closer to where I live. Not sure what to do. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Though if number of fans is extremely limited, I can imagine ticket prices might skyrocket to compensate for it. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
I think the bigger issue is going to be scalpers, especially if the tickets don't have high prices. I expect a lot of events are going to have that become a bigger problem than before when everything goes back to normal since the demand is probably going to be higher than it ever has been since no one has gone to any events in a year now.

I managed to get scheduled for a vaccine appointment, although my mother-in-law also scheduled me for one so now I don't know what one to go to. I have one for today but it's really far away, whereas the one that got scheduled on the weekend is much closer to where I live. Not sure what to do. Hmm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Apr 6th, 2021, 01:34 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Thankfully scalping tickets is illegal, so while people might try to do it, at least they can potentially get into some serious legal trouble if caught. Unlike what's currently going on with a certain video game console. *cough* 

One of my co-workers have tested positive, and my boss contacted everyone who was around them, but I didn't get a text, so it must have been our opening person. Pretty funny considering she's extremely against masks, so for her to be the one who ends up being positive for COVID is humorous to me. Though once again I miss my chance at a nice two-week vacation from work. FeelsBadMan
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

Thankfully scalping tickets is illegal, so while people might try to do it, at least they can potentially get into some serious legal trouble if caught. Unlike what's currently going on with a certain video game console. *cough* 

One of my co-workers have tested positive, and my boss contacted everyone who was around them, but I didn't get a text, so it must have been our opening person. Pretty funny considering she's extremely against masks, so for her to be the one who ends up being positive for COVID is humorous to me. Though once again I miss my chance at a nice two-week vacation from work. FeelsBadMan
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 6th, 2021, 06:13 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. Shame it can't be made illegal for scalping other things too. Errm

If it was her, do you think she'll learn anything from it? There's someone at my work who works on the sushi counter, and I don't know specifically why but he won't wear a mask, just a face shield (which to me isn't great because that means all his breath is redirected downwards out of the shield which is where the sushi is) and he got Covid a couple of months ago so badly it put him in the hospital for weeks. He even spoke to me in a tone that made it seem like he understood how dire it was, and yet he hasn't changed his protective measures at all. Eh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 6th, 2021, 06:13 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. Shame it can't be made illegal for scalping other things too. Errm

If it was her, do you think she'll learn anything from it? There's someone at my work who works on the sushi counter, and I don't know specifically why but he won't wear a mask, just a face shield (which to me isn't great because that means all his breath is redirected downwards out of the shield which is where the sushi is) and he got Covid a couple of months ago so badly it put him in the hospital for weeks. He even spoke to me in a tone that made it seem like he understood how dire it was, and yet he hasn't changed his protective measures at all. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, concert/sporting events usually have undercover cops that go around and try to find scalpers.

And no, she won't. She'll most likely say that she had a cold and they said she had COVID just to add to the numbers to continue the conspiracy. A lot of my adult co-workers are thee "have you noticed how nobody has gotten the flu since COVID started?" type. Despite the fact that I literally had the flu back in November. But whatever.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, concert/sporting events usually have undercover cops that go around and try to find scalpers.

And no, she won't. She'll most likely say that she had a cold and they said she had COVID just to add to the numbers to continue the conspiracy. A lot of my adult co-workers are thee "have you noticed how nobody has gotten the flu since COVID started?" type. Despite the fact that I literally had the flu back in November. But whatever.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't like wishing ill on people, but a part of me hopes that those deniers get it real bad so they really understand the severity of it (including the lasting effects post-virus), though I've absolutely read reports that people on their deathbeds will still deny the whole thing as such. It's kind of sad, really. Eh

I'm so excited for our vaccines. I can't believe it's finally happening. It seemed like everyone around me was getting one but I wasn't eligible yet until yesterday, really. And even before that, I was convinced vaccine rollout would be much slower than it actually is. 2021 turning around Cry
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't like wishing ill on people, but a part of me hopes that those deniers get it real bad so they really understand the severity of it (including the lasting effects post-virus), though I've absolutely read reports that people on their deathbeds will still deny the whole thing as such. It's kind of sad, really. Eh

I'm so excited for our vaccines. I can't believe it's finally happening. It seemed like everyone around me was getting one but I wasn't eligible yet until yesterday, really. And even before that, I was convinced vaccine rollout would be much slower than it actually is. 2021 turning around Cry