Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Quite glad it's another Nintendo character to start this pack off, and from a game I think deserves a spot now.

Kinda hope it'll be a 3 to 3 or 4 to 2 in terms of Nintendo characters to Guest characters.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Quite glad it's another Nintendo character to start this pack off, and from a game I think deserves a spot now.

Kinda hope it'll be a 3 to 3 or 4 to 2 in terms of Nintendo characters to Guest characters.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I didn't think that game would be represented as a fighter since it never got in originally, and that was when I actually expected it to be represented. I wonder if Nintendo is doing it now to try and raise awareness of that IP again.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I didn't think that game would be represented as a fighter since it never got in originally, and that was when I actually expected it to be represented. I wonder if Nintendo is doing it now to try and raise awareness of that IP again.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought so too at first. When DLC pack 1 were getting their slots filled with guests I also thought they had no chance of getting a rep. With DLC pack 2 and a Nintendo character finally getting into Pack 1, maybe now is their chance or rather one of the six slots anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought so too at first. When DLC pack 1 were getting their slots filled with guests I also thought they had no chance of getting a rep. With DLC pack 2 and a Nintendo character finally getting into Pack 1, maybe now is their chance or rather one of the six slots anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Min Min is DLC Challenger 6! 

Sakurai is back, within his own home this time, to reveal and show off the newest member of the Smash roster, Min Min. Also coming in the pack is the Spring Stadium stage along with the Mii Fighter costumes for Ninjara, Splatoon's Marie and Callie, Tekken's Heihachi and Fallout's Vault Boy. The pack will be coming June 29th. Also the full video is below with Sakurai.

What are you doing back in May, Sakurai-san?! Nah it's understandable they needed to have more time for developing so they can release this trailer closer to the date the pack is available. Damn he has two TVs right next to each other, and we got to see his game consoles too. I do love these videos he does to show the DLC characters and their stage, even if I'm not that enthusiastic about who the character is. Min Min is looking fine though, saw how once the CPU got in against Sakurai, Min Min couldn't do as much and took a lot of damage. I might buy the pack on the day or wait for more reveals, but then again considering how long this took because of the team being separated for known reasons I may go ahead.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Min Min is DLC Challenger 6! 

Sakurai is back, within his own home this time, to reveal and show off the newest member of the Smash roster, Min Min. Also coming in the pack is the Spring Stadium stage along with the Mii Fighter costumes for Ninjara, Splatoon's Marie and Callie, Tekken's Heihachi and Fallout's Vault Boy. The pack will be coming June 29th. Also the full video is below with Sakurai.

What are you doing back in May, Sakurai-san?! Nah it's understandable they needed to have more time for developing so they can release this trailer closer to the date the pack is available. Damn he has two TVs right next to each other, and we got to see his game consoles too. I do love these videos he does to show the DLC characters and their stage, even if I'm not that enthusiastic about who the character is. Min Min is looking fine though, saw how once the CPU got in against Sakurai, Min Min couldn't do as much and took a lot of damage. I might buy the pack on the day or wait for more reveals, but then again considering how long this took because of the team being separated for known reasons I may go ahead.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steve Rocks The Block as Smash Ultimate's Newest Fighter!
Steve from Minecraft has been announced as the newest fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Steve Rocks The Block as Smash Ultimate's Newest Fighter!
Steve from Minecraft has been announced as the newest fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yikes. I hope the rest of the fighters they have planned are really good, because this is awful. The fact that Smash fans are losing their shit over this is proof once more that the Smash community is the lowest of the low when it comes to their standards.

This character looks incredibly stupid in-game. I don't care how iconic Minecraft is to some people, that automatically doesn't make it a good fit for a game like Smash Bros. and this is a perfect example of that. Even Mr. Game & Watch wasn't this idiotic (and I despised that character in Melee). Once again it just baffles my mind how many great characters they are ignoring in favor of this level of pandering.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yikes. I hope the rest of the fighters they have planned are really good, because this is awful. The fact that Smash fans are losing their shit over this is proof once more that the Smash community is the lowest of the low when it comes to their standards.

This character looks incredibly stupid in-game. I don't care how iconic Minecraft is to some people, that automatically doesn't make it a good fit for a game like Smash Bros. and this is a perfect example of that. Even Mr. Game & Watch wasn't this idiotic (and I despised that character in Melee). Once again it just baffles my mind how many great characters they are ignoring in favor of this level of pandering.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I think that it's fantastic and it makes sense: Minecraft is a household name at this point and has been a hit with every platform it has released on. I love that they kept the 'spirit of the game' in the character, such as the super low-budget blockiness down to how they hold objects by jab through their stub-hands lol.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I think that it's fantastic and it makes sense: Minecraft is a household name at this point and has been a hit with every platform it has released on. I love that they kept the 'spirit of the game' in the character, such as the super low-budget blockiness down to how they hold objects by jab through their stub-hands lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I watched the video that came out yesterday detailing how Steve works, and regardless of your views of the characters inclusion no one can say they didn't do an amazing job with the character.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I watched the video that came out yesterday detailing how Steve works, and regardless of your views of the characters inclusion no one can say they didn't do an amazing job with the character.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
Steve from Minecraft made me laugh when I heard, but I don't see why not. Seems like a pretty fun character, and a good addition to the roster.
Noir Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,653
Steve from Minecraft made me laugh when I heard, but I don't see why not. Seems like a pretty fun character, and a good addition to the roster.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
At first I was disappointed that Minecraft Steve is the next DLC character. I know how Minecraft has been huge pretty much on all platforms so I ultimately accepted it. Then I watched Sakurai's video on showing us how Steve will work and it's crazy how detailed the moveset. Most complex out of any character so far, and really brought the gameplay of Minecraft into the moves. Really makes the characters with more simple moves look like they may have trouble with this? Maybe not, we'll see.
Glad the 8 costumes isn't all just variation of Steve, there's Alex, Enderman and Zombie too. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
At first I was disappointed that Minecraft Steve is the next DLC character. I know how Minecraft has been huge pretty much on all platforms so I ultimately accepted it. Then I watched Sakurai's video on showing us how Steve will work and it's crazy how detailed the moveset. Most complex out of any character so far, and really brought the gameplay of Minecraft into the moves. Really makes the characters with more simple moves look like they may have trouble with this? Maybe not, we'll see.
Glad the 8 costumes isn't all just variation of Steve, there's Alex, Enderman and Zombie too. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly though I watched how they moved in the trailer and they move just like they are in the game and I love that so much! You have all these detailed animations than...you just have frickin Steve. XD As for their inclusion I"m not really bothered Minecraft is honestly more popular than anything they could of added that was outside the Nintendo library heck I feel like Minecraft potentially could contend with Pokemon in popularity.

Was I expecting Minecraft of all games to be in Smash Bros? Not really, but I am pleasantly surprised.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly though I watched how they moved in the trailer and they move just like they are in the game and I love that so much! You have all these detailed animations than...you just have frickin Steve. XD As for their inclusion I"m not really bothered Minecraft is honestly more popular than anything they could of added that was outside the Nintendo library heck I feel like Minecraft potentially could contend with Pokemon in popularity.

Was I expecting Minecraft of all games to be in Smash Bros? Not really, but I am pleasantly surprised.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Maybe Nintendo and Microsoft can collaborate to make Pixelmon on console a reality lol. This would, coincidentally, be the only legitimate 3D open-world Pokemon adaptation ever made. No, Pokemon Coliseum doesn't count >: [
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
Maybe Nintendo and Microsoft can collaborate to make Pixelmon on console a reality lol. This would, coincidentally, be the only legitimate 3D open-world Pokemon adaptation ever made. No, Pokemon Coliseum doesn't count >: [
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2020, 05:10 AM)Eric Wrote:
Maybe Nintendo and Microsoft can collaborate to make Pixelmon on console a reality lol.  This would, coincidentally, be the only legitimate 3D open-world Pokemon adaptation ever made.  No, Pokemon Coliseum doesn't count >: [
Doubtful, since Nintendo would need Creatures and Game Freak to also back this, and then you have to deal with the people who developed Pixelmon and I can't see Nintendo being happy about acknowledging something third party that infringes on their copyright.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2020, 05:10 AM)Eric Wrote:
Maybe Nintendo and Microsoft can collaborate to make Pixelmon on console a reality lol.  This would, coincidentally, be the only legitimate 3D open-world Pokemon adaptation ever made.  No, Pokemon Coliseum doesn't count >: [
Doubtful, since Nintendo would need Creatures and Game Freak to also back this, and then you have to deal with the people who developed Pixelmon and I can't see Nintendo being happy about acknowledging something third party that infringes on their copyright.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Seems the popular guess for who it's going to be is the guy from Fortnite. I'd rather it not but if it is then hopefully they have a convincing moveset for them like they did with Steve.

If I had to pick what I want then I want Crash but that isn't happening, at least for tonight.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Seems the popular guess for who it's going to be is the guy from Fortnite. I'd rather it not but if it is then hopefully they have a convincing moveset for them like they did with Steve.

If I had to pick what I want then I want Crash but that isn't happening, at least for tonight.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Adding that dude from Minecraft was bad enough, but if they actually do something stupid like add Fortnite rep into Smash, then the series has really fallen in toe the gutter pretty drastically.

So many amazing choices being passed up for these... lesser options. I mean, I understand it from a business perspective. Putting in Steve and then throwing in a Fortnite rep will get all the 10 year olds to go bug mommy and daddy endlessly for a Switch (if they don't already have one) and a copy of Smash, and that means $$$ for Nintendo, but c'mon Sakurai/Nintendo.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Adding that dude from Minecraft was bad enough, but if they actually do something stupid like add Fortnite rep into Smash, then the series has really fallen in toe the gutter pretty drastically.

So many amazing choices being passed up for these... lesser options. I mean, I understand it from a business perspective. Putting in Steve and then throwing in a Fortnite rep will get all the 10 year olds to go bug mommy and daddy endlessly for a Switch (if they don't already have one) and a copy of Smash, and that means $$$ for Nintendo, but c'mon Sakurai/Nintendo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,128 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,779 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,455 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,311 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface