Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
At least for Steve it was from a long running game. Fortnite isn't that old and yeah, it's big but then what's the excuse to not add a Fall Guy down the line for how big that game is?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
At least for Steve it was from a long running game. Fortnite isn't that old and yeah, it's big but then what's the excuse to not add a Fall Guy down the line for how big that game is?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sephiroth Descends to Battle!
Move over Fortnite, because Final Fantasy VII's Sephiroth is descending into battle for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the newest fighter!

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sephiroth Descends to Battle!
Move over Fortnite, because Final Fantasy VII's Sephiroth is descending into battle for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the newest fighter!

Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
...You know, maybe Fortnite wouldn't have been such a bad choice after all.

Even though I'm a huge FFVII fan, I just don't feel this at all. Cloud wasn't a good fit for Smash, and neither is Sephiroth.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
...You know, maybe Fortnite wouldn't have been such a bad choice after all.

Even though I'm a huge FFVII fan, I just don't feel this at all. Cloud wasn't a good fit for Smash, and neither is Sephiroth.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Definitely not who I expected. I'm only happy it wasn't Fortnite, but otherwise I'm pretty indifferent about the character. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Definitely not who I expected. I'm only happy it wasn't Fortnite, but otherwise I'm pretty indifferent about the character. Eh
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm just sad that characters who actually mean something to Nintendo's history, and would be good fits for Smash, keep getting passed because they just want to inflate the game with "iconic" characters from all of video games.

Like, Cloud and Sephiroth have NO MEANING TO NINTENDO at all. Smash used to be able bringing together iconic Nintendo characters together to battle it out. Taking characters like Cloud and Sephiroth just feels so out of place for the game and makes it hard to get interested in them.

And no, I'm not just talking about Geno and Isaac (Golden Sun) that people always clamor for, even though both of them would be great additions, but there are plenty more other than them out there that could have been taken instead. Although I will add that Isaac would be an amazing addition to Smash and they could do so much with his move set. A real shame that they pass on him.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm just sad that characters who actually mean something to Nintendo's history, and would be good fits for Smash, keep getting passed because they just want to inflate the game with "iconic" characters from all of video games.

Like, Cloud and Sephiroth have NO MEANING TO NINTENDO at all. Smash used to be able bringing together iconic Nintendo characters together to battle it out. Taking characters like Cloud and Sephiroth just feels so out of place for the game and makes it hard to get interested in them.

And no, I'm not just talking about Geno and Isaac (Golden Sun) that people always clamor for, even though both of them would be great additions, but there are plenty more other than them out there that could have been taken instead. Although I will add that Isaac would be an amazing addition to Smash and they could do so much with his move set. A real shame that they pass on him.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Would you feel better about Final Fantasy characters being included if it was from whichever one of the games was most iconic for Nintendo before the series went to other platforms. Like FF7 hasn't even been on a Nintendo system has it??

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Would you feel better about Final Fantasy characters being included if it was from whichever one of the games was most iconic for Nintendo before the series went to other platforms. Like FF7 hasn't even been on a Nintendo system has it??
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Not until they released it on the Switch, which was just a port of the version they slapped on the PS4.

Also I'm not sure how I'd feel if they added a character from FF4 or FF6 instead (both originally released on SNES). I feel like in general there's just better characters to choose from than Final Fantasy characters. Nintendo has Fire Emblem to pull magical sword fighters from (which they have done plenty of in Smash, as we know), so I don't feel there's a need to go out and pick characters from Final Fantasy. Instead, they could use those spots to either a) feature more characters that people would like to see (my examples of Geno and Isaac above) or b) bring in some more characters from Fire Emblem, but expand the selection to more than just the sword fighters. Fire Emblem has a large expanse of classes and weapon types they could play around with in Smash. One FE character I always wanted to see in Smash was Lyn from FE7, because she uses Swords and Bows. I know people would say that's basically Link, but the thing they could have done with Lyn is make it possible to combo her sword and bow together, so you're not just dong one or the other like Link. You could slash once with your sword, quickly pull the bow and shoot, and then do like a special charged quickdraw attack with the sword afterwards. Could have been really cool to see in Smash.

I don't mean to rant on, but I just personally feel disappointed when they keep adding these characters that aren't what Smash was about. I know I'm stepping on boomer territory here with the "back in my day!" shit, but I just personally liked Smash better when it was about repping Nintendo and bringing a wide variety of Nintendo characters together.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Not until they released it on the Switch, which was just a port of the version they slapped on the PS4.

Also I'm not sure how I'd feel if they added a character from FF4 or FF6 instead (both originally released on SNES). I feel like in general there's just better characters to choose from than Final Fantasy characters. Nintendo has Fire Emblem to pull magical sword fighters from (which they have done plenty of in Smash, as we know), so I don't feel there's a need to go out and pick characters from Final Fantasy. Instead, they could use those spots to either a) feature more characters that people would like to see (my examples of Geno and Isaac above) or b) bring in some more characters from Fire Emblem, but expand the selection to more than just the sword fighters. Fire Emblem has a large expanse of classes and weapon types they could play around with in Smash. One FE character I always wanted to see in Smash was Lyn from FE7, because she uses Swords and Bows. I know people would say that's basically Link, but the thing they could have done with Lyn is make it possible to combo her sword and bow together, so you're not just dong one or the other like Link. You could slash once with your sword, quickly pull the bow and shoot, and then do like a special charged quickdraw attack with the sword afterwards. Could have been really cool to see in Smash.

I don't mean to rant on, but I just personally feel disappointed when they keep adding these characters that aren't what Smash was about. I know I'm stepping on boomer territory here with the "back in my day!" shit, but I just personally liked Smash better when it was about repping Nintendo and bringing a wide variety of Nintendo characters together.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm actually quite happy to see Sephiroth join, even though I'd prefer more of a Nintendo character, so I'm hoping the last three slots have one or two saved for Nintendo reps. Got Min-Min which was at least something instead of third-party. I most certainly don't want games that are popular right now/recent to get in that aren't strictly Nintendo. Minecraft is as far as I want to see get in, and luckily it's been around for a while. Also many already been taken up as Assist Trophies is a problem, Isaac should've been a playable character. Not sure who or what new game series could get in.
For Sephiroth though I'm glad he's an antagonist character, looking forward to see what else he can do and to fight against him.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'm actually quite happy to see Sephiroth join, even though I'd prefer more of a Nintendo character, so I'm hoping the last three slots have one or two saved for Nintendo reps. Got Min-Min which was at least something instead of third-party. I most certainly don't want games that are popular right now/recent to get in that aren't strictly Nintendo. Minecraft is as far as I want to see get in, and luckily it's been around for a while. Also many already been taken up as Assist Trophies is a problem, Isaac should've been a playable character. Not sure who or what new game series could get in.
For Sephiroth though I'm glad he's an antagonist character, looking forward to see what else he can do and to fight against him.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm actually shocked Square were able to give up another one of their characters for Nintendo to use in their game.

The thing we have to keep in mind, guys, is that Nintendo have already picked out the 5 or 6 (I forget) fighters that will be available in this pack. Adding anyone recent (e.g. the Fall Guy bean) would not be a sensible prediction considering it didn't exist when Nintendo made their decision.

I mean hell, even Sakurai didn't want Steve from Minecraft in the game, but Nintendo gave him the ol' Big Brother stare until he made it happen. Even then, I'm extremely impressed with how they managed to implement Steve into Smash despite the lack of interest.

All the same, though, Sephiroth is a hilarious addition IMO, despite him being another swordie. Have y'all SEEN his range with that sword?
We'll learn more about his moveset come Thursday (Dec 17th) when Nintendo debuts a Smash direct featuring the character.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm actually shocked Square were able to give up another one of their characters for Nintendo to use in their game.

The thing we have to keep in mind, guys, is that Nintendo have already picked out the 5 or 6 (I forget) fighters that will be available in this pack. Adding anyone recent (e.g. the Fall Guy bean) would not be a sensible prediction considering it didn't exist when Nintendo made their decision.

I mean hell, even Sakurai didn't want Steve from Minecraft in the game, but Nintendo gave him the ol' Big Brother stare until he made it happen. Even then, I'm extremely impressed with how they managed to implement Steve into Smash despite the lack of interest.

All the same, though, Sephiroth is a hilarious addition IMO, despite him being another swordie. Have y'all SEEN his range with that sword?
We'll learn more about his moveset come Thursday (Dec 17th) when Nintendo debuts a Smash direct featuring the character.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sakurai Presents Sephiroth

Coming along with Sephiroth

• Barret & Geno Outfit (Mii Gunner, bought separately)
  • Tifa Outfit (Mii Fighter, bought separately)
  • Aerith Outfit (Mii Swordfighter, bought separately)
  • Chocobo Hat (bought separately)
  • 9 new Final Fantasy songs
  • Northern Cave stage
  • Sephiroth Challenge (Limited Time 17th-22nd December) - fight Sephiroth in a Stamina battle (Easy, Normal or Very Hard), if you win you unlock him and the stage

Sephiroth will be available on the 22nd if you buy Challenger Pack 8 or the Fighter Pass 2, and if you haven't defeated him in the challenge.

I loved watching this, they did everything really. Got the much needed music for the series, awesome looking stage, made a boss challenge to unlock him, gave him that victory screen, damn. Watched with Maximilian Dood and just watched Trihex beat him with Young Link.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sakurai Presents Sephiroth

Coming along with Sephiroth

• Barret & Geno Outfit (Mii Gunner, bought separately)
  • Tifa Outfit (Mii Fighter, bought separately)
  • Aerith Outfit (Mii Swordfighter, bought separately)
  • Chocobo Hat (bought separately)
  • 9 new Final Fantasy songs
  • Northern Cave stage
  • Sephiroth Challenge (Limited Time 17th-22nd December) - fight Sephiroth in a Stamina battle (Easy, Normal or Very Hard), if you win you unlock him and the stage

Sephiroth will be available on the 22nd if you buy Challenger Pack 8 or the Fighter Pass 2, and if you haven't defeated him in the challenge.

I loved watching this, they did everything really. Got the much needed music for the series, awesome looking stage, made a boss challenge to unlock him, gave him that victory screen, damn. Watched with Maximilian Dood and just watched Trihex beat him with Young Link.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pyra/Mythra Are Coming to Smash Ultimate
Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are the latest character announcements for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! They are a single character, but you can switch between both at any time during gameplay, as the trailer below demonstrates.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pyra/Mythra Are Coming to Smash Ultimate
Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are the latest character announcements for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! They are a single character, but you can switch between both at any time during gameplay, as the trailer below demonstrates.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Not disappointed so I'm happy I'm not, and many people wanted OK Rex originally or Rex with Pyra, a Xenoblade 2 rep, but instead Pyra and Mythra? Nice I suppose, wondering what they'll be like. I'm assuming kind of like Zelda/Shiek in Melee and Brawl but move sets aren't completely different to each other but they're a variation of the same move of the other character. We need your showcase video, Sakurai!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Not disappointed so I'm happy I'm not, and many people wanted OK Rex originally or Rex with Pyra, a Xenoblade 2 rep, but instead Pyra and Mythra? Nice I suppose, wondering what they'll be like. I'm assuming kind of like Zelda/Shiek in Melee and Brawl but move sets aren't completely different to each other but they're a variation of the same move of the other character. We need your showcase video, Sakurai!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't tell if their moves are different outside of their Final Smash, but the fact that Mythra sliced the bomb apart in the trailer and not Pyra gives the impression they have different moves. Otherwise Pyra could've just sliced the bomb herself. Either that or it's meant to reflect the characters in that Pyra panicked, but Mythra is more composed to know to slice that bomb. Hard to say when I don't know much about the characters since I didn't play XC2 and can't even remember much of what @ShiraNoMai did in it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can't tell if their moves are different outside of their Final Smash, but the fact that Mythra sliced the bomb apart in the trailer and not Pyra gives the impression they have different moves. Otherwise Pyra could've just sliced the bomb herself. Either that or it's meant to reflect the characters in that Pyra panicked, but Mythra is more composed to know to slice that bomb. Hard to say when I don't know much about the characters since I didn't play XC2 and can't even remember much of what @ShiraNoMai did in it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone interested in how Pyra/Mythra work in the game in depth, there'll be a presentation for that on March 4:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For anyone interested in how Pyra/Mythra work in the game in depth, there'll be a presentation for that on March 4:
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hoo yes, will most certainly watch that. Shame it wasn't today but I can wait patiently. 2pm my area is such a good time. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Hoo yes, will most certainly watch that. Shame it wasn't today but I can wait patiently. 2pm my area is such a good time. Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,123 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,775 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,455 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,308 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface