Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Get Ready for the Next Battle with Kazuya!
Tekken's Kazuya is the next fighter announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and you can see more about him during an in-depth look on June 28.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Get Ready for the Next Battle with Kazuya!
Tekken's Kazuya is the next fighter announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and you can see more about him during an in-depth look on June 28.

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd really like to see them have one DLC fighter that isn't complete ass. At this point I just want to see if they're actually capable of it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'd really like to see them have one DLC fighter that isn't complete ass. At this point I just want to see if they're actually capable of it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Better it was Kazuya than yet another sword fighter. Assuming there isn't further fighter passes though, there's only one more spot left. I wonder if maybe Kazuya got in as thanks to Bandai Namco for working on Smash but wasn't put in as the last one so as to save something hopefully really good. No idea what could be big enough for the final spot though.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Better it was Kazuya than yet another sword fighter. Assuming there isn't further fighter passes though, there's only one more spot left. I wonder if maybe Kazuya got in as thanks to Bandai Namco for working on Smash but wasn't put in as the last one so as to save something hopefully really good. No idea what could be big enough for the final spot though.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
A sword fighter like Isaac (Golden Sun) would have been a lot more interesting than this. As I've mentioned in the past when discussing Isaac in Smash, the Psynergy mechanic from Golden Sun could translate into a pretty interest kit for Isaac in Smash.

Or if the Bamco rep theory is right, then Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) or Yuri (Tales of Vesperia) would have been better choices. There's nothing wrong with more -sword fighters in Smash, they just need to pick the right ones that have a lot of potential for good gameplay mechanics, such as Isaac or Lloyd. Instead they keep putting Marth clones in.

But then again this is the team that picked Piranha Plant as a DLC fighter over... well, basically any other character that's ever existed, so can't expect too much out of them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
A sword fighter like Isaac (Golden Sun) would have been a lot more interesting than this. As I've mentioned in the past when discussing Isaac in Smash, the Psynergy mechanic from Golden Sun could translate into a pretty interest kit for Isaac in Smash.

Or if the Bamco rep theory is right, then Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) or Yuri (Tales of Vesperia) would have been better choices. There's nothing wrong with more -sword fighters in Smash, they just need to pick the right ones that have a lot of potential for good gameplay mechanics, such as Isaac or Lloyd. Instead they keep putting Marth clones in.

But then again this is the team that picked Piranha Plant as a DLC fighter over... well, basically any other character that's ever existed, so can't expect too much out of them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Happy a Tekken character made it in, was wondering if it'll be now because I didn't think an established fighting game character would have the 6th slot of Fighter Pass 2. The last needs to be one that blows everyone out of the water like how Sephiroth did and not like Byleth did as the last one for Fighter Pass 1. XD Cuz dang there were many very annoyed about that, and most certainly not another FE character. Although at least Byleth uses more than a sword. Sora, Crash, maybe Master Chief (although that wouldn't excite me). Dr Eggman I also thought might have been this one, because I doubt they'd leave a Sonic character as last DLC and he's a missing iconic villain.

On to Kazuya though, loved the homage to tossing bodies into a volcano. Min Min holding on to the cliff and Kirby escaping was great. XD Must know how he's going to be played because there's combos, 10-hit combo, transform to Devil with new moves, and his Final Smash being Boss Kazuya's Rage Art takes transforming away from that. A B mechanic for Devil I guess or like Sephiroth's One Wing appearing at high percent as in Tekken 7 allows Kazuya to transform by Rage (low health). Hope more characters than Heihachi shows up at the stage like Joker's, Banjo's and Terry's.

But yeah I agree about Piranha Plant making it in somehow was a weird decision. Fingers crossed on the final slot.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Happy a Tekken character made it in, was wondering if it'll be now because I didn't think an established fighting game character would have the 6th slot of Fighter Pass 2. The last needs to be one that blows everyone out of the water like how Sephiroth did and not like Byleth did as the last one for Fighter Pass 1. XD Cuz dang there were many very annoyed about that, and most certainly not another FE character. Although at least Byleth uses more than a sword. Sora, Crash, maybe Master Chief (although that wouldn't excite me). Dr Eggman I also thought might have been this one, because I doubt they'd leave a Sonic character as last DLC and he's a missing iconic villain.

On to Kazuya though, loved the homage to tossing bodies into a volcano. Min Min holding on to the cliff and Kirby escaping was great. XD Must know how he's going to be played because there's combos, 10-hit combo, transform to Devil with new moves, and his Final Smash being Boss Kazuya's Rage Art takes transforming away from that. A B mechanic for Devil I guess or like Sephiroth's One Wing appearing at high percent as in Tekken 7 allows Kazuya to transform by Rage (low health). Hope more characters than Heihachi shows up at the stage like Joker's, Banjo's and Terry's.

But yeah I agree about Piranha Plant making it in somehow was a weird decision. Fingers crossed on the final slot.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sakurai Presents Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya will be released 29th June, tomorrow, available as part of Fighter Pack 2 or separately.
New Mii Fighter costumes are Lloyd from Tales, Dragonborn from Skyrim, Dante from Devil May Cry and Shantae.
There will be no more Fighter Packs after the 6th of Pack 2 is released.
Fighter Pack 2 Amiibo in development, Min Min prototype made so far.

Didn't watch this live, but enjoyed the presentation for Kazuya when I did, melded both the playstyles of Tekken and Smash for his moveset, butt damn them de-confirms. Lloyd, Dante and Shantae are all out of the chance to be the final DLC character. Well for our hopes that is, since it has already been decided upon. If those are out though, does dwindle it down a bit but also gives more chance of the 6th being disappointing because I would've been fine with any of those three.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Sakurai Presents Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya will be released 29th June, tomorrow, available as part of Fighter Pack 2 or separately.
New Mii Fighter costumes are Lloyd from Tales, Dragonborn from Skyrim, Dante from Devil May Cry and Shantae.
There will be no more Fighter Packs after the 6th of Pack 2 is released.
Fighter Pack 2 Amiibo in development, Min Min prototype made so far.

Didn't watch this live, but enjoyed the presentation for Kazuya when I did, melded both the playstyles of Tekken and Smash for his moveset, butt damn them de-confirms. Lloyd, Dante and Shantae are all out of the chance to be the final DLC character. Well for our hopes that is, since it has already been decided upon. If those are out though, does dwindle it down a bit but also gives more chance of the 6th being disappointing because I would've been fine with any of those three.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I have to say, if anything, Sakurai is NOT lazy when it comes to actually implementing the characters into the balance and realm of Smash Ultimate. It's incredible the amount of thought and effort that goes into making these characters work, even when they're not his choice (as he casually mentions a 'suggestion from heaven' brought Kazuya upon his desk).
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I have to say, if anything, Sakurai is NOT lazy when it comes to actually implementing the characters into the balance and realm of Smash Ultimate. It's incredible the amount of thought and effort that goes into making these characters work, even when they're not his choice (as he casually mentions a 'suggestion from heaven' brought Kazuya upon his desk).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that the stage for Kazuya is entirely enclosed at the start and only opens up when the walls and ceiling are destroyed by players. It's a nice nod to the destructible stages that Tekken features.

As for the last character, I'm not going to expect anything amazing just because it would be unwise to do so even if every reveal before now was mind blowing. I also don't recall the last character reveals for the base game being anything crazy; wasn't one of the last ones Incineroar?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that the stage for Kazuya is entirely enclosed at the start and only opens up when the walls and ceiling are destroyed by players. It's a nice nod to the destructible stages that Tekken features.

As for the last character, I'm not going to expect anything amazing just because it would be unwise to do so even if every reveal before now was mind blowing. I also don't recall the last character reveals for the base game being anything crazy; wasn't one of the last ones Incineroar?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah do like the Dojo stage, plus the song list included. Just wish some songs got in like King's Ring A Bell theme in Tekken 2 and the original Electric Fountain/Karma theme as the remix isn't good to me.

@Moonface Yes, although it was Ken and Incineroar as they were in the same trailer, or if we want to include it, Piranha Plant too as it was in the same Direct. Those three were underwhelming for me, Ken less so as he was the best and most sensible inclusion out of them but is an Echo Fighter. Again, there was Byleth last for the first DLC pack, which really annoyed people.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah do like the Dojo stage, plus the song list included. Just wish some songs got in like King's Ring A Bell theme in Tekken 2 and the original Electric Fountain/Karma theme as the remix isn't good to me.

@Moonface Yes, although it was Ken and Incineroar as they were in the same trailer, or if we want to include it, Piranha Plant too as it was in the same Direct. Those three were underwhelming for me, Ken less so as he was the best and most sensible inclusion out of them but is an Echo Fighter. Again, there was Byleth last for the first DLC pack, which really annoyed people.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised the song list didn't include Hon Maru from Tekken 4, since that stage is literally what is being used in Smash Ultimate for Kazuya. I do like that there are songs from every Tekken game though.

Yeah, so I'm not expecting a character announcement that blows everyone away considering that none of the last announcements of their respective character sets have been crazy reveals. I've been looking at what predictions various outlets are coming up with and a few I saw included Tails, a Monster Hunter rep, Ring Fit Trainer, the Fortnite guy, Waluigi, and Crash Bandicoot.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised the song list didn't include Hon Maru from Tekken 4, since that stage is literally what is being used in Smash Ultimate for Kazuya. I do like that there are songs from every Tekken game though.

Yeah, so I'm not expecting a character announcement that blows everyone away considering that none of the last announcements of their respective character sets have been crazy reveals. I've been looking at what predictions various outlets are coming up with and a few I saw included Tails, a Monster Hunter rep, Ring Fit Trainer, the Fortnite guy, Waluigi, and Crash Bandicoot.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that's another song missing from the line up I thought would be there too. The stage is Mishima Dojo from Tekken 7 and does look very similar to Hon Maru, but it would've been a good call back to the T4 stage. There's only 2 from Tekken 4, which is kind of mind-boggling, it would've been my first choice if I were the one picking. XD

Monster Hunter rep got de-confirmed with the Hunter and Rathalos Equipment for Swordfighter, Tails would be fine but I'd prefer Eggman, Ring Fit Trainer would bring next to no hype like the other "final" reveals, I will kill myself if a Fortnite rep gets in (as in repeatedly suicide in-game) but would be a good punching bag, Waluigi....still feels unlikely because of being an Assist Trophy, Crash would be great. Master Chief could be one too because of Halo Infinite releasing in Q4, darn forgot who else I've seen be predicted.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that's another song missing from the line up I thought would be there too. The stage is Mishima Dojo from Tekken 7 and does look very similar to Hon Maru, but it would've been a good call back to the T4 stage. There's only 2 from Tekken 4, which is kind of mind-boggling, it would've been my first choice if I were the one picking. XD

Monster Hunter rep got de-confirmed with the Hunter and Rathalos Equipment for Swordfighter, Tails would be fine but I'd prefer Eggman, Ring Fit Trainer would bring next to no hype like the other "final" reveals, I will kill myself if a Fortnite rep gets in (as in repeatedly suicide in-game) but would be a good punching bag, Waluigi....still feels unlikely because of being an Assist Trophy, Crash would be great. Master Chief could be one too because of Halo Infinite releasing in Q4, darn forgot who else I've seen be predicted.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen Doom Guy come up a couple of times, but as iconic as the character is I can't see how it would work in Smash given how violent everything he does is. XD

Master Chief probably won't happen, since Xbox isn't popular in Japan and so I doubt a character from that systems biggest franchise would really have an impact or even be well received by that market.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen Doom Guy come up a couple of times, but as iconic as the character is I can't see how it would work in Smash given how violent everything he does is. XD

Master Chief probably won't happen, since Xbox isn't popular in Japan and so I doubt a character from that systems biggest franchise would really have an impact or even be well received by that market.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
And The Last DLC Fighter Is...!

Credit given to EL for calling out the fighter, Moony for a close second with the Mii Fighter Costume:

(Jun 15th, 2021, 08:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...Sora, Crash, maybe Master Chief (although that wouldn't excite me). Dr Eggman I also thought might have been this one, because I doubt they'd leave a Sonic character as last DLC and he's a missing iconic villain.

(Jul 9th, 2021, 04:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I've seen Doom Guy come up a couple of times, but as iconic as the character is I can't see how it would work in Smash given how violent everything he does is. XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
And The Last DLC Fighter Is...!

Credit given to EL for calling out the fighter, Moony for a close second with the Mii Fighter Costume:

(Jun 15th, 2021, 08:49 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...Sora, Crash, maybe Master Chief (although that wouldn't excite me). Dr Eggman I also thought might have been this one, because I doubt they'd leave a Sonic character as last DLC and he's a missing iconic villain.

(Jul 9th, 2021, 04:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I've seen Doom Guy come up a couple of times, but as iconic as the character is I can't see how it would work in Smash given how violent everything he does is. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Not a bad pick, but not really a good or exciting pick either. I think they really played it safe on this one. It's a hell of a lot better than most of the other DLC picks, but it was just kind of too obvious. Kind of boring, I guess? I think the only pick that would have been more boring/obvious/too safe would have been Goku.

It's just kind of like, "Oh, it's Sora," instead of like, "HOLY SHIT, IT'S MOTHERF*CKING SORA!" But again, better than most of the other DLC fighters, so that's a positive at least. Glad it wasn't Doom Guy or Master Chief.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Not a bad pick, but not really a good or exciting pick either. I think they really played it safe on this one. It's a hell of a lot better than most of the other DLC picks, but it was just kind of too obvious. Kind of boring, I guess? I think the only pick that would have been more boring/obvious/too safe would have been Goku.

It's just kind of like, "Oh, it's Sora," instead of like, "HOLY SHIT, IT'S MOTHERF*CKING SORA!" But again, better than most of the other DLC fighters, so that's a positive at least. Glad it wasn't Doom Guy or Master Chief.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Although Sora was an obvious choice for viewers to predict, it's insane it has become true. Yes they got Cloud in already then Sephiroth on top which may have played a part in achieving Sora as they already appearing in the KH series. He was also the most requested character back in the poll that was done for Smash 4, but it was going to be very hard to bring him with Sora under Disney. Yet Sakurai went for it, even apparently already getting denied earlier. The reveal trailer and Sora being the final character is a good finish to the roster, even if 89 looks like it could do with just...one...more, but no it needs to finally come to an end. There are a couple of characters I'd happily remove and relieved didn't make these final slots, but all in all it's been a good ride. I'll play a bit of Smash Ultimate around then on the 18th.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Although Sora was an obvious choice for viewers to predict, it's insane it has become true. Yes they got Cloud in already then Sephiroth on top which may have played a part in achieving Sora as they already appearing in the KH series. He was also the most requested character back in the poll that was done for Smash 4, but it was going to be very hard to bring him with Sora under Disney. Yet Sakurai went for it, even apparently already getting denied earlier. The reveal trailer and Sora being the final character is a good finish to the roster, even if 89 looks like it could do with just...one...more, but no it needs to finally come to an end. There are a couple of characters I'd happily remove and relieved didn't make these final slots, but all in all it's been a good ride. I'll play a bit of Smash Ultimate around then on the 18th.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,121 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,773 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,453 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,306 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface