Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
US NPD - Smash Bros. Ultimate Sets New Launch Month Dollar Sales Record
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has set a new launch month dollar sales record for a platform exclusive in video-game history, exceeding that of the previous record holder, 2010's Halo: Reach - https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status...0385536000

Compared to the Smash Bros. series previous best seller, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Ultimate exceeded its packaged software launch month dollar sales by over 70%. It was also December's best selling title, and the 5th best selling 2018 title overall, not including digital sales, which are not tracked by the US NPD.

This, along with other releases and sales in 2018, caused Nintendo to be the highest software revenue generating publisher of the year since 2009.

Neat to see Ultimate do so well, especially when I would have expected RDR2 to be the likely choice for a 2018 game to beat Halo: Reach's record.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
US NPD - Smash Bros. Ultimate Sets New Launch Month Dollar Sales Record
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has set a new launch month dollar sales record for a platform exclusive in video-game history, exceeding that of the previous record holder, 2010's Halo: Reach - https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status...0385536000

Compared to the Smash Bros. series previous best seller, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Ultimate exceeded its packaged software launch month dollar sales by over 70%. It was also December's best selling title, and the 5th best selling 2018 title overall, not including digital sales, which are not tracked by the US NPD.

This, along with other releases and sales in 2018, caused Nintendo to be the highest software revenue generating publisher of the year since 2009.

Neat to see Ultimate do so well, especially when I would have expected RDR2 to be the likely choice for a 2018 game to beat Halo: Reach's record.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's almost hard to believe that this is the same company that put out the Wii U not too many years ago. Kudos to them on finally turning things around for themselves (and at the benefit of us gamers as well).
While it's unsurprising that Smash turned out to be the best seller of December, it placing 5th overall for the year is pretty impressive as well, especially considering Digital sales weren't taken into account.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's almost hard to believe that this is the same company that put out the Wii U not too many years ago. Kudos to them on finally turning things around for themselves (and at the benefit of us gamers as well).
While it's unsurprising that Smash turned out to be the best seller of December, it placing 5th overall for the year is pretty impressive as well, especially considering Digital sales weren't taken into account.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PSA: Some people have reported save corruption when using Piranha Plant in All Star Mode from what I've seen on Twitter. No idea how widespread or definite it is, but if anyone is wary about it maybe hold off just to be safe.

On that note, has anyone played as Piranha Plant yet? Or seen their victory animation at least?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
PSA: Some people have reported save corruption when using Piranha Plant in All Star Mode from what I've seen on Twitter. No idea how widespread or definite it is, but if anyone is wary about it maybe hold off just to be safe.

On that note, has anyone played as Piranha Plant yet? Or seen their victory animation at least?

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Piranha Plant corrupting save data is the ultimate form of karma for them wasting such a valuable roster spot on such a piece of trash 'character'.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Piranha Plant corrupting save data is the ultimate form of karma for them wasting such a valuable roster spot on such a piece of trash 'character'.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Except the karma hurts the players who had no choice in the character choice being made. I also doubt that any particular character stops anyone else getting in. If Nintendo wanted them in that much, they'd do it regardless of whether Piranha Plant exists. If they're not putting someone in, that's a decision they're making independent of what other character decisions get made. If they feel someone is worth the time and resources, they'd do it.

Sure, it sucks if Nintendo don't find someone worth it, but there's going to be more to it than just "lol lets annoy people with a plant".

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Except the karma hurts the players who had no choice in the character choice being made. I also doubt that any particular character stops anyone else getting in. If Nintendo wanted them in that much, they'd do it regardless of whether Piranha Plant exists. If they're not putting someone in, that's a decision they're making independent of what other character decisions get made. If they feel someone is worth the time and resources, they'd do it.

Sure, it sucks if Nintendo don't find someone worth it, but there's going to be more to it than just "lol lets annoy people with a plant".
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't know about the All-Star mode thing for Piranha Plant. Will be avoiding using that then. I haven't used that mode at all yet for any character. XD

Tried out Piranha Plant, but only in Practice and not in a game. Fought against it though. Just can't get over how it moves, seriously. Most of the attacks I can see it doing though. Just...it's movement is so bizarre. LOL
I think Piranha Plant has an extra move no other character has, if what I've seen is correct from a video I watched. Haven't tried it myself yet, but if it's crouching and an opponent attempts to footstool/jump on it, Piranha Plant will nip them.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't know about the All-Star mode thing for Piranha Plant. Will be avoiding using that then. I haven't used that mode at all yet for any character. XD

Tried out Piranha Plant, but only in Practice and not in a game. Fought against it though. Just can't get over how it moves, seriously. Most of the attacks I can see it doing though. Just...it's movement is so bizarre. LOL
I think Piranha Plant has an extra move no other character has, if what I've seen is correct from a video I watched. Haven't tried it myself yet, but if it's crouching and an opponent attempts to footstool/jump on it, Piranha Plant will nip them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stage Builder Leaked for Smash Ultimate
In a new commercial, Nintendo have accidentally leaked a Stage Builder option for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. You can see it within the first few seconds of the video below:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is getting a Version 3.0 update this spring, but details have been scarce for it. Perhaps the stage builder will be getting added then?

I hope they add this to the game. It felt weird having almost everything that was ever seen in Smash and then cutting out something like this. Plus it's fun to make silly stages. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stage Builder Leaked for Smash Ultimate
In a new commercial, Nintendo have accidentally leaked a Stage Builder option for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. You can see it within the first few seconds of the video below:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is getting a Version 3.0 update this spring, but details have been scarce for it. Perhaps the stage builder will be getting added then?

I hope they add this to the game. It felt weird having almost everything that was ever seen in Smash and then cutting out something like this. Plus it's fun to make silly stages. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm glad it's shown in there and not as a leak from some other source. This is the kind of leak I don't mind. XD
Perhaps it's kind of a red herring, well not exactly, just get us focused on that then they pull out something else possibly unexpected. Or they're getting us ready for the announcement which shows the updated stage builder for Ultimate then get DLC Character 2 in there at the end. Something like that (OK, we know to expect the second's announcement out at some point, something else then).

Anyway, I really hope it's true. Has to be. Missed making my own stages in Brawl. Will be making my Tunnel stage with perhaps a new look and end of level in Super Mario Bros where you face Bowser (also made this in Brawl).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm glad it's shown in there and not as a leak from some other source. This is the kind of leak I don't mind. XD
Perhaps it's kind of a red herring, well not exactly, just get us focused on that then they pull out something else possibly unexpected. Or they're getting us ready for the announcement which shows the updated stage builder for Ultimate then get DLC Character 2 in there at the end. Something like that (OK, we know to expect the second's announcement out at some point, something else then).

Anyway, I really hope it's true. Has to be. Missed making my own stages in Brawl. Will be making my Tunnel stage with perhaps a new look and end of level in Super Mario Bros where you face Bowser (also made this in Brawl).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
They either overlooked it and then rolled with it, or did it on purpose to generate more interest in a commercial that normally wouldn't be cared about. Take that leak out, and why would anyone give the time of day to this commercial? Look at the other Switch My Way trailers, none of them are above 200k views while the Smash one is almost at 800k. I expect all three would be under 100k if not for the leak, since people probably flocked to the other trailers to see if anything was in those too. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Nintendo did this on purpose for marketing purposes.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
They either overlooked it and then rolled with it, or did it on purpose to generate more interest in a commercial that normally wouldn't be cared about. Take that leak out, and why would anyone give the time of day to this commercial? Look at the other Switch My Way trailers, none of them are above 200k views while the Smash one is almost at 800k. I expect all three would be under 100k if not for the leak, since people probably flocked to the other trailers to see if anything was in those too. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Nintendo did this on purpose for marketing purposes.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
They have to be making a Smash announcement soon, I imagine. Where else are they gonna show Joker's proper combat reveal? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
They have to be making a Smash announcement soon, I imagine. Where else are they gonna show Joker's proper combat reveal? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 15th, 2019, 02:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Joker's meant to release this month, and we're already halfway through. Unless it got delayed, Version 3.0 and it's relative announcement need to be out within the next two weeks. I don't think they'll stagger the two though; when they announce what's in it will probably be the same day it actually comes out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 15th, 2019, 02:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Joker's meant to release this month, and we're already halfway through. Unless it got delayed, Version 3.0 and it's relative announcement need to be out within the next two weeks. I don't think they'll stagger the two though; when they announce what's in it will probably be the same day it actually comes out.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
New Content Approaching - Update 3.0 & Joker Moveset

Nintendo uploaded a video detailing Joker and the rest of the features update 3.0 brings Smash players. Supposedly this update releases today (video was from yesterday), but not just yet. Specific times for maintenance completion is expected to be 7:30 PM PST/ 9:30 PM CST/ 10:30 PM EST/ 6:30 AM BST (8th April).

Dang it, wondered where the update was when I saw the video a little while ago, and turned my Switch on for nothing. >.< Ah well, will play some 2.0.2 then.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
New Content Approaching - Update 3.0 & Joker Moveset

Nintendo uploaded a video detailing Joker and the rest of the features update 3.0 brings Smash players. Supposedly this update releases today (video was from yesterday), but not just yet. Specific times for maintenance completion is expected to be 7:30 PM PST/ 9:30 PM CST/ 10:30 PM EST/ 6:30 AM BST (8th April).

Dang it, wondered where the update was when I saw the video a little while ago, and turned my Switch on for nothing. >.< Ah well, will play some 2.0.2 then.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it funny that within hours of my post wondering about the announcement, Nintendo put it out. Joker's stage looks really good and almost makes me want to get the Fighter Pass, but I still want to see what the second DLC pack for it is before making a final call on it.

Stage Builder is where it's at for me though with this update. As I'm sure has been said to death, it's basically LittleBigPlanet slapped into Smash Bros.. Layering is great for adding details, and I can see some really impressive stages coming out of this.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it funny that within hours of my post wondering about the announcement, Nintendo put it out. Joker's stage looks really good and almost makes me want to get the Fighter Pass, but I still want to see what the second DLC pack for it is before making a final call on it.

Stage Builder is where it's at for me though with this update. As I'm sure has been said to death, it's basically LittleBigPlanet slapped into Smash Bros.. Layering is great for adding details, and I can see some really impressive stages coming out of this.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Has anyone tried out Joker yet? Watching gameplay of him looks to be fairly decent, and not as broken as I originally thought upon reveal. Not sure if I wanna pay for him specifically since I haven't been actively playing Smash but we'll see.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Has anyone tried out Joker yet? Watching gameplay of him looks to be fairly decent, and not as broken as I originally thought upon reveal. Not sure if I wanna pay for him specifically since I haven't been actively playing Smash but we'll see.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oddly enough you'd think I would get the DLC because of Joker, but you would be wrong my friend!

I haven't even updated my game yet! I really do want to try out the stage buidler has anoyne played with it yet? Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oddly enough you'd think I would get the DLC because of Joker, but you would be wrong my friend!

I haven't even updated my game yet! I really do want to try out the stage buidler has anoyne played with it yet? Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,126 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,777 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,455 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,308 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface