Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
E3 2019: Next Smash Ultimate DLC Fighters Revealed
During today's E3 2019 Nintendo Direct, the next two DLC fighters for Smash Bros. Ultimate were revealed.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
E3 2019: Next Smash Ultimate DLC Fighters Revealed
During today's E3 2019 Nintendo Direct, the next two DLC fighters for Smash Bros. Ultimate were revealed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mr. Sakurai Presents "Hero"
In the wake of an apparent lack of budget, Sakurai has put together a more personalised video presenting an in-depth look at the upcoming Dragon Quest "Hero" character and upcoming changes and additions to the game, including a time limit on Final Smash Meters, a new difficulty mode for World of Light, an online tourney mode, new amiibo, and more.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mr. Sakurai Presents "Hero"
In the wake of an apparent lack of budget, Sakurai has put together a more personalised video presenting an in-depth look at the upcoming Dragon Quest "Hero" character and upcoming changes and additions to the game, including a time limit on Final Smash Meters, a new difficulty mode for World of Light, an online tourney mode, new amiibo, and more.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I didn't catch that there was a lack of budget, oh crap. Hope that means they've got the full five characters now, and just don't have a good enough budget for these videos, not including the 4th and 5th character reveals. So yeah, I don't expect anything else after this Fighter Pack is fully finished and released apart from maybe patches.

I'm not hyped for Hero and haven't updated my SSBU yet, but dang the character looks like they have access to almost everything/anything with that Down B move selection. People were going mental over that, and how he seems "broken" already. Haven't watched anything of players trying him out yet.

Time Limit on the Smash Meter seems like it needed that at least. Don't know why anyone would hold on to it anyway. Online tourney sounds cool, but considering the net code, makes me wonder how well that'll play out (then again I've yet to play online, so perhaps it's better now?). Didn't think World of Light needed a Very Easy. Ultra Hard plz. *shot*
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I didn't catch that there was a lack of budget, oh crap. Hope that means they've got the full five characters now, and just don't have a good enough budget for these videos, not including the 4th and 5th character reveals. So yeah, I don't expect anything else after this Fighter Pack is fully finished and released apart from maybe patches.

I'm not hyped for Hero and haven't updated my SSBU yet, but dang the character looks like they have access to almost everything/anything with that Down B move selection. People were going mental over that, and how he seems "broken" already. Haven't watched anything of players trying him out yet.

Time Limit on the Smash Meter seems like it needed that at least. Don't know why anyone would hold on to it anyway. Online tourney sounds cool, but considering the net code, makes me wonder how well that'll play out (then again I've yet to play online, so perhaps it's better now?). Didn't think World of Light needed a Very Easy. Ultra Hard plz. *shot*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 31st, 2019, 07:39 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It may have also been a joke since I highly doubt Nintendo would just outright admit they don't have money for a high production value presentation video. XD

Very Easy for WoL is probably to let people get character unlocks easily from it. Although I'd have expected Easy to have been simple enough.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 31st, 2019, 07:39 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It may have also been a joke since I highly doubt Nintendo would just outright admit they don't have money for a high production value presentation video. XD

Very Easy for WoL is probably to let people get character unlocks easily from it. Although I'd have expected Easy to have been simple enough.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So rumor has it the next DLC character will be from SnK thanks to this leak from the Nintendo Europe website:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So rumor has it the next DLC character will be from SnK thanks to this leak from the Nintendo Europe website:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
And it was then confirmed!

Terry Bogard Faces the Fury!

The 4th DLC fighter has been revealed to be Terry Bogard of Fatal Fury fame! He's currently slated to be released in November 2019, and is still quite early in development--only a small bit of gameplay was shown.

Banjo & Kazooie (And Update 5.0) Releases... Today!

Masahiro Sakurai announced that Banjo and Kazooie releases the same day as the direct, 9/4, along with the associated update to follow with the character/stage/music. A full 25 minute demonstration followed the Nintendo Direct detailing his moveset and all of the intricate features of the new stage associated with him.

Sans, Goemon, Team Rocket and Megaman Characters Enter the Fray of Mii Costumes!

Sakurai also detailed the third Mii Fighter Costume pack, which comes with Goemon from the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon games on the N64, Team Rocket from the Pokemon series, Proto Man and Zero from the Megaman and Megaman X games, and lastly, in a largely left-field announcement, Sans from Undertale was announced to be a costume as well, along with a remixed version of Megalovania from Undertale as well.

Not a Fan of the Character Line-up? More to Come Post-Fighter Pack!

Lastly, it was confirmed that after the 5th DLC character is revealed, Sakurai intends on continuing to support the game with new characters beyond the Fighter Pack DLC that was originally announced. He explains that although the work is never ending, he enjoys seeing so many characters come together in such a way so much that he really doesn't mind the work being put in in order to continue making that dream a reality. Look forward to seeing one of your favorite characters be announced in the future, guys!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
And it was then confirmed!

Terry Bogard Faces the Fury!

The 4th DLC fighter has been revealed to be Terry Bogard of Fatal Fury fame! He's currently slated to be released in November 2019, and is still quite early in development--only a small bit of gameplay was shown.

Banjo & Kazooie (And Update 5.0) Releases... Today!

Masahiro Sakurai announced that Banjo and Kazooie releases the same day as the direct, 9/4, along with the associated update to follow with the character/stage/music. A full 25 minute demonstration followed the Nintendo Direct detailing his moveset and all of the intricate features of the new stage associated with him.

Sans, Goemon, Team Rocket and Megaman Characters Enter the Fray of Mii Costumes!

Sakurai also detailed the third Mii Fighter Costume pack, which comes with Goemon from the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon games on the N64, Team Rocket from the Pokemon series, Proto Man and Zero from the Megaman and Megaman X games, and lastly, in a largely left-field announcement, Sans from Undertale was announced to be a costume as well, along with a remixed version of Megalovania from Undertale as well.

Not a Fan of the Character Line-up? More to Come Post-Fighter Pack!

Lastly, it was confirmed that after the 5th DLC character is revealed, Sakurai intends on continuing to support the game with new characters beyond the Fighter Pack DLC that was originally announced. He explains that although the work is never ending, he enjoys seeing so many characters come together in such a way so much that he really doesn't mind the work being put in in order to continue making that dream a reality. Look forward to seeing one of your favorite characters be announced in the future, guys!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Really like Banjo's stage, Sakurai and the team do so well adding these guest characters in. For stage content, Banjo's stage has a lot going for it. Played on it once, but that was with hazards off, and forgot that meant no rotation.
Terry getting in is so good, glad to see another character from a fighting game series make it. The reveal with SNK characters trying to catch the invitation was humorously done, loved it. XD Kinda thought it would be either Terry or Rock Howard but leaning towards Terry. Amazed about Sans being a Mii Fighter costume. I thought people would be annoyed about it, but that also surprised me from the reactions I saw.

Also, more fighters?! Freaking heck, Sakurai! Wonder if there'll be one that'll make me go nuts, have no idea who could make me do that though. Even so, like what I see being added anyway. I hope when all is said and done, Sakurai takes one massive break. Which will be like....in 2 years time now? Or will he start on the next Kid Icarus game?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Really like Banjo's stage, Sakurai and the team do so well adding these guest characters in. For stage content, Banjo's stage has a lot going for it. Played on it once, but that was with hazards off, and forgot that meant no rotation.
Terry getting in is so good, glad to see another character from a fighting game series make it. The reveal with SNK characters trying to catch the invitation was humorously done, loved it. XD Kinda thought it would be either Terry or Rock Howard but leaning towards Terry. Amazed about Sans being a Mii Fighter costume. I thought people would be annoyed about it, but that also surprised me from the reactions I saw.

Also, more fighters?! Freaking heck, Sakurai! Wonder if there'll be one that'll make me go nuts, have no idea who could make me do that though. Even so, like what I see being added anyway. I hope when all is said and done, Sakurai takes one massive break. Which will be like....in 2 years time now? Or will he start on the next Kid Icarus game?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised there's more DLC fighters because of how well the first pack has done, but also I am surprised because it means Sakurai is willing to kill himself some more for Smash when I really thought he was going to be done with it for real after the last DLC fighter. I'm trying to think of who else could be in Smash, but I can barely get anything come to mind for the rest of the current DLC pack. ROFL

Loved the SNK reveal just for the video alone. I don't know any of the characters so I can't say I care about Terry being in.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised there's more DLC fighters because of how well the first pack has done, but also I am surprised because it means Sakurai is willing to kill himself some more for Smash when I really thought he was going to be done with it for real after the last DLC fighter. I'm trying to think of who else could be in Smash, but I can barely get anything come to mind for the rest of the current DLC pack. ROFL

Loved the SNK reveal just for the video alone. I don't know any of the characters so I can't say I care about Terry being in.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Terry Bogard Gameplay Reveal, Update 6.0 & more!

Sakurai presents Terry's gameplay for us all to see. Showing off his moves, the stage, a plethora of guest characters appearing in the background and playing Classic Mode as him. Terry has input commands to improve special attacks like Ryu & Ken. Also, SNK were happy for Sakurai to add 50 tracks of music to Ultimate. 25x the amount Square Enix allowed!

Afterwards, new Mii costumes were revealed. These are of Nakoruru (Swordfighter), Ryo Sakazaki, Iori Yagami, Akira and Jacky, all (Brawler).

Simon, Chrom and Incineroar amiibos will be available on 15th November.

The new update 6.0 includes new options for Arena (change rules, set messaging, choosing Elite Only), new Spirits in the Shop, balance changes and issues fixed {I do not know what these were}. 

Check Fighter changes here.

Terry, new stage and Mii outfits out now! (released yesterday)
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Terry Bogard Gameplay Reveal, Update 6.0 & more!

Sakurai presents Terry's gameplay for us all to see. Showing off his moves, the stage, a plethora of guest characters appearing in the background and playing Classic Mode as him. Terry has input commands to improve special attacks like Ryu & Ken. Also, SNK were happy for Sakurai to add 50 tracks of music to Ultimate. 25x the amount Square Enix allowed!

Afterwards, new Mii costumes were revealed. These are of Nakoruru (Swordfighter), Ryo Sakazaki, Iori Yagami, Akira and Jacky, all (Brawler).

Simon, Chrom and Incineroar amiibos will be available on 15th November.

The new update 6.0 includes new options for Arena (change rules, set messaging, choosing Elite Only), new Spirits in the Shop, balance changes and issues fixed {I do not know what these were}. 

Check Fighter changes here.

Terry, new stage and Mii outfits out now! (released yesterday)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
DLC Fighter #5 to be Unveiled on 1/16
Nintendo has announced there will be a 35 minute Nintendo Direct on January 16 featuring an in-depth look at the next DLC character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Who do you hope it will be?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
DLC Fighter #5 to be Unveiled on 1/16
Nintendo has announced there will be a 35 minute Nintendo Direct on January 16 featuring an in-depth look at the next DLC character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Who do you hope it will be?

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Got no idea or hopes on who will be announced. Probably another 3rd party fighter like the others. Will be watching though, with Trihex who's playing at the moment on Ultimate for the build up. 18 more mins.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Got no idea or hopes on who will be announced. Probably another 3rd party fighter like the others. Will be watching though, with Trihex who's playing at the moment on Ultimate for the build up. 18 more mins.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Next Smash Ultimate Fighter Is...
This mornings Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Direct has revealed the 5th DLC Fighter Pack Character to be...

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Next Smash Ultimate Fighter Is...
This mornings Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Direct has revealed the 5th DLC Fighter Pack Character to be...

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

I was placing my bets on Byleth being included in the second Fighter Pack and not rounding up the first. For now it's good to get them out of the way. I know many people are unhappy for yet another FE character making it into Super Smash Bros (the like and dislike ratio is currently roughly 2:1 on the above video), but I'm happy. Wasn't one of my hopes - I don't actually have any - but I am playing Three Houses at the moment and very much like what Sakurai and the team have put together for Byleth and the stage.

As much as this reveal is being hated on, we also have the announcement that Fighter Pack 2 will be having not 5, but 6 slots and what's more is that they have already be decided upon. All this work will be going on all the way to December 2021! Nuts, and I can only love it. Grin Haters get lost.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

I was placing my bets on Byleth being included in the second Fighter Pack and not rounding up the first. For now it's good to get them out of the way. I know many people are unhappy for yet another FE character making it into Super Smash Bros (the like and dislike ratio is currently roughly 2:1 on the above video), but I'm happy. Wasn't one of my hopes - I don't actually have any - but I am playing Three Houses at the moment and very much like what Sakurai and the team have put together for Byleth and the stage.

As much as this reveal is being hated on, we also have the announcement that Fighter Pack 2 will be having not 5, but 6 slots and what's more is that they have already be decided upon. All this work will be going on all the way to December 2021! Nuts, and I can only love it. Grin Haters get lost.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same feelings, EL. I had an inkling of a thought it was gonna be a FE: 3 Houses character based on the three fingers he showed up in that announcement image (but oh my god, the actual reason behind it with this fucking binary counting was actually insane lmao) but didn't actually think it was gonna be. I know when they started the reveal video it was in the Fire Emblem setting, but we've been jebaited before into it turning into a different character.

I also watched the Trihex that morning and was very late for work (I usually leave the house at 9, but it started at 9 and went on until like 40 after lmao) XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Same feelings, EL. I had an inkling of a thought it was gonna be a FE: 3 Houses character based on the three fingers he showed up in that announcement image (but oh my god, the actual reason behind it with this fucking binary counting was actually insane lmao) but didn't actually think it was gonna be. I know when they started the reveal video it was in the Fire Emblem setting, but we've been jebaited before into it turning into a different character.

I also watched the Trihex that morning and was very late for work (I usually leave the house at 9, but it started at 9 and went on until like 40 after lmao) XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The 6th DLC Fighter is...
During today's Nintendo Direct Mini, the 6th DLC Fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was revealed to be...

A character from ARMS!

No further details were given, but development time is expected to take a little longer than expected due to the nature of the character.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The 6th DLC Fighter is...
During today's Nintendo Direct Mini, the 6th DLC Fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was revealed to be...

A character from ARMS!

No further details were given, but development time is expected to take a little longer than expected due to the nature of the character.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,126 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Super Mario Bros. Wonder Moonface 35 2,777 Oct 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Last Post: queenzelda
  New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe JennyorAlice 3 4,455 Jul 13th, 2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: WR91
  Super Mario Bros. (Series) WR91 3 3,308 Jan 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Moonface